the skin of a predator
Sunjata
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
we keep on doing this again and again
the same old things expecting something different
He doesn’t mean to fully still her as they’re heading toward the exit of the tanner’s, but her hand covers his own — cool and soft. Her blurted out question has a scarred brow lifting, his gaze focusing on her for a second before it drifts toward the door and he reaches to open it, to let her out first before following behind her. “I did want to lead in Torchline.” He offers her with a soft nostalgic smile.

It was why he’d gone up against Remi in the first place. He’d lost, yes, but he never stopped wanting the opportunity to try. And from there? Well, he ended up getting it anyway from the Lullaby. “I like to think it’s in my blood.” He teases her softly. While Isla was a healer, Sunjata’s upbringing had been entirely focused on a combination of survival and researching leaders and causes, to switch what bullshit his father had done into something of more benefit. “I do think it makes a difference… Wanting to versus not. To be honest, I didn’t want to stop leading Torchline. I just didn’t want to do it alone and Safrin gave me an ultimatum of continuing to lead by demoting Nate days after I had promoted him.” His lips twist in a frown, an unamused snort leaving him. “So I stepped down instead.

And then they’d fucked off to King’s End for a time.
but by now we know it's never gonna change
i'm not trying to complain, i'm just saying it's a waste
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

take your medicine

Nodding an absent thanks as he opens the door for her, Isla's gaze is still on Sunjata's face as they head out of the tanner's and back into the shadowy streets. She can see it in him, she thinks - the way leadership would fall on his shoulders like a well fitting cloak, instead of smothering her the way it does. "In your blood?" she echoes, before smiling and nodding again. "I think you might be right, actually." She knows more about Sunjata's past than she's given herself credit, and he does seem built for this.

"Ah, Safrin and her ultimatums," Isla murmurs, her brows furrowing. "I'm sorry that you had to give it up. I'd give this to you if I thought you would take it." And it's a bald admission, but a true one nonetheless. "You wouldn't be alone, at least. I would happily take a role on the council with Varus and Wessex. I just... it sounds terrible, but I don't think I would trust myself to make the best choice if something happened. Not if Remi was involved."

Even if he doesn't remember her. Even if he'd kill her without even thinking about it.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
I had… Nonstop studying of dictatorships and tyrants in the hopes I’d follow along but really it just showed me a good example of what not to do.” He flashes a wink toward her in the lowlight of LongNight, helped by the sparse flickering torches in the streets almost as if those around were still somewhat nervous that the light would attract danger.

Her comment though has his gaze swinging back to her, a dark brow raised as he considers it. “I understand.” The fear of it, that is. “I wouldn’t be opposed, truthfully, it’s just that I’ll be gone when the war starts. Perhaps Nate might be interested for when I’m gone?” It’s out loud musings, ones that have the gears spinning in his head. And eventually, when it’s settled, he lets his steel gaze slip back to the Remedy. “If that’s something you’re fine with, I can do it. Take the reins so you don’t have to bear the brunt of preparing and ruling all the same.” People had blamed him for much in Torchline anyway. And here? He’s got less of a dance to try and follow between his husband and Safrin and the region itself.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

"Much as I still believe you are cut out for leadership, that doesn't fill me with delight," Isla says dryly, offering him a lopsided smile. That shouldn't come as much of a surprise, she thinks, given the nature of his upbringing and what she's discovered about it. As they walk and Sunjata continues, the Remedy lets out a soft laugh, assuming they're still joking around with hypotheticals.

"Well, I imagine the Hollowed Grounds will be in more of a defensive position throughout the war," she murmurs, basing her judgement purely on the efforts they've put in so far. "And I know that Nate is going to have to be involved, so I suppose if he is happy to do that, then there wouldn't be an issue. And the council would be there to support anyway, so..."

Trailing off and raising an eyebrow up at Sunjata, Isla tilts her head. "You're serious about this, aren't you?"

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata snorts, another low hum of a laugh leaving him as he shrugs his shoulders. “Like a well worn coat, I suppose.” It’s another amused smile, one that is only emboldened with the idea that Isla thinks he’s still joking. But he doesn’t comment on it unless she doesn’t understand what he’s getting at. She’s brilliant, though, and he’s sure she’ll figure it out the further they keep talking.

I don’t imagine he’ll have a problem with it.” He decides for his husband. They can talk about it later though it isn’t as if they hadn’t mentioned the idea of ruling together in the past. Isla’s head tilts toward him, though, a brow raised that’s met with an easy steel gaze of his own. The smile that blossoms on his face is answer enough, as is the dip of his chin in a shallow nod.

I am. I care about you Isla and with war on the horizon, I don’t want you to burn yourself out on all ends when it’s far more likely you’ll need a sound healer than one that’s burned out from focusing on that and your leadership at the same time.” He murmurs, suddenly stopping so he can focus on her more fully. “I will do it for you and the Grounds until I no longer can.” The offer laid out for her to decide.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

Isla falls to a halt, the prospect of being able to hand the reins over to Sunjata as welcome as it is shocking, and she swallows hard as if unable to truly believe what's happening. "I..." He's got a really good point, the medic looking down at herself as if wondering whether she's been able to give her all to the infirmary whilst she's been worrying about the Grounds.

"I couldn't just... Sunjata, no," she says through a laugh, though every part of her suggests that she's really, really considering it. Stepping forward without hesitation, she wraps her arms about him in a grateful hug. "Let me think about it?" she asks softly. "I don't want this to be dumped on you either. I know you're willing to do it, but I... just give me a bit of time, yeah?"

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She comes to a stop and Sunjata does as well, turning back toward her a small amount as the realization hits her. His expression is open, willing to let her sift through her feelings and her thoughts, willing to give her the time she needs to decide. Her laugh, though, spurs a soft snort to slip from him, a shrug of his shoulders – shoulders which are held suddenly as she hugs him and his arms slip around her to give her a tight squeeze back. “Most times I do well under things that have been dumped on me.” He teases her lightly, another soft laugh slipping from his throat. “Something about being forced to deal with it and all that.” He tips her a wink when they pull away, before he shakes his head.

You know where to find me if you decide to. And if I’m not there, I’m likely in King’s End working on the safe haven.” The safe haven that would restrict his ability to lead the Grounds. But it’s already a subject he’s made her aware of and there’s little use in repeating it when he’d just said it. But he gestures for her to continue so that they can get to wherever it is she’s headed, before he heads back home himself – accurately having fed the urge to slip out from the confines of home.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

"Be that as it may, I'd prefer you to have plenty of warning this time. No need to make things messy and complicated right from the outset," Isla remarks with a smile, though messy and complicated seem to be the norm for almost everyone in Caido these days. But if she can make the transition easier - if she even decides to go - then she will. "Thank you, Jata," she adds, offering him a grateful squeeze to the shoulders.

With that settled, then, Isla falls back into step with him so she can get back to the Infirmary. Saying goodbye to Sunjata, she'll watch him off into the quiet darkness and tend to her patients while he gets himself home. Only a few hours later will she return to the tanner's to collect her leather. And this time - thankfully - there are no banshees to be seen.

~FIN