a Drink more or less
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye hadn't been drinking for a long time and it was time he went to the bar Bastien had told him about. He had seen so much and the pictures Wessex had shown him didn't make it any better. Maybe a drink would do him good and help him see the whole situation a little easier.

As he enters the simple house he is thrilled by the furnishings. The play with fire and water makes the whole thing impressive. He likes it, it looks cozy and helps to put his thoughts in a different light. So he goes to the bar and hopes that there is a good drink that he has needed for so long.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
During LongNight the bar is (unsurprisingly) busier than usual, but it's manageable enough for Neron. He's got a few people helping out on shift tonight, and this is hardly his first time running a place like this, so he's in his element. Dressed in his customary black, he's wiping down the counter when Darkeye approaches, the Hailstorm glancing up to meet his eyes and offer him a friendly enough smile.

"What can I get you?" he drawls, straightening up and putting away the rag he's been cleaning with. "Assume you're not Ascended, since you came to the bar." Gesturing to the shelves behind him, there's a fair variety available all things considered. Whiskey, rum, vodka, gin, wine, beers, ciders... hopefully what Darkeye wants will be there.
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye is surprised at the turnout, thinking that people would be cowering in their houses. He wanted to drink a toast to Bastien and hoped that he might meet Sunjata here. Maybe he knew where Neron was since Wessex wouldn't tell him.

"Good evening, I'll have a whiskey first and then we'll see what else comes along," Darkeye says with a friendly voice and a smile. He doesn't know yet that Neron is standing in front of him, and he doesn't have the idea to ask about what he saw at Wessex, which is haunting him with fear as well as dragon fire. A cold shiver runs down his spine and he shakes himself once.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
"A fine choice. I think we have some from Torchline that just came in yesterday," Neron says of the whiskey, reaching behind him to take down a bottle and uncork it. Producing a glass, he uses his magic to frost it with ice, before pouring a measure out for Darkeye. "Let me know what you think," he says, sliding the glass across to him and stepping back to put the bottle away.

"As for what else comes along, a lot of the regulars like a little ginger beer with their whiskey. I've got a cook in the kitchens out back these days too, if you're hungry." It's coming along pretty well, if Neron does say so himself. "Have you just moved to the Grounds? Or is this a passing visit?"
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye listened to it all curiously but the ice cream thing was a bit too much for him. But maybe it helped, he thought it would spoil the taste. He took a good long pull and let it sit in his mouth for a moment before slowly swallowing it and letting it roll over his tongue. The taste was remarkable. Only the nobles of his world would have drunk something like this. His people were more fond of beer, but that also had something. He didn't know whiskey but he didn't want to be rude about it. "It tastes impressive. I would recommend it to others."

"I'd love a ginger beer to go with it. I wouldn't take anything to eat thanks to the demand."Good service and was a very accommodating bartender. "I've been here a few months now but have been on the road a lot to see the world. I have only recently opened the forge on the outskirts of the village. I am Darkeye pleased to meet you." He says with a friendly tone. The alcohol helped him to loosen up a bit.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
"I will be sure to let our suppliers in Torchline know. They are always bragging about it, so I bet this will please them," Neron remarks with a small, fanged smile, nodding at the other man's request. "Let me know if you change your mind about the food. I wouldn't want the cook to get lazy back there," he adds, pouring out a measure of ginger beer into a larger glass and setting it down next to the whiskey. "This stuff is all from the Grounds - not that I make it myself." Delicate hands, he indicates with a wiggle of his fingers.

"You know, there aren't that many travellers around any more. I remember when the world was full of them," he murmurs. "I bet you have enough stories to keep this place entertained all night. It's good to meet you - I'm Neron."
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye was already looking forward to a cozy evening where he could relax. He put down his glass and took out a book. He looked it up again and yes, it appeared to be Neron. But he wanted to be sure and drank the whiskey in one gulp. The alcohol did not help anymore. Other senses and more important thoughts made room for themselves. The good mood was gone. You could clearly see that something seemed to bother him. Should a warmonger really sit in front of him, it could become very uncomfortable here. One saw that his muscles tightened briefly. His grip went to the axe of his belt. But it was too early and he took a short breath. He calmed down.

He thought about how best to start the conversation. "I don't think Neron is a common name in Caido. But maybe you could tell me if you've been to Halo recently. I have a friend there who is looking for someone with that name. He is supposed to have done something bad and I wanted to get to the bottom of it. If you are this Neron, does the name Morgan mean anything to you?" He says in a voice that would not take no for an answer or ignore the question. Darkeye tried to read as much as possible from his gestures and facial expressions.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
In both past and present lives, Neron is a spy and a battlemage, and he knows the potential for violence when he sees it. And so as his very name seems to strike every nerve in Darkeye, however briefly and however hidden, the Hailstorm straightens up from the counter to his full height, his shoulders square, his jaw set. "If there is going to be a problem, you can take it outside," he says smoothly.

Quirking an eyebrow as Darkeye speaks again, he folds his arms across his chest. "I haven't been to Halo recently. But I used to live there - and the name Morgan means a lot to me, as most in the Hollowed Grounds would be aware. She's a woman I loved, and now she is dead. Unless your friend wants to come and see me themselves, there is nothing to get to the bottom of. This is nothing to do with you."
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He looks seriously into Neron's eyes. He overlays the for and again to just end the whole thing here. But then he would be no better than Neron and he doesn't want to go down that road. "If it were that simple I would agree to the whole thing and we could work it out". I went to Wessex and warned them that Noah would be looking for you. Before you ask, he's not the friend I'm talking about," he says in a deliberate tone. He didn't care how the people in the bar would react.

Darkeye clears his throat. "I want to help the grounders, and in order to do that, I need to know if they are right to accuse you or not. I always like to hear both sides of the coin. I know you escaped when they tried to capture you. Noah's not exactly open with the ascended, I know that. That explains your cursing. I have a hunch what they're accusing you of. If you are involved in something, you are a danger to the grounders. Then it's my business, because I live here, too. So you understand why I can't just accept your answer. Just tell me what happened and I'll drink in peace and we'll have a peaceful evening," he says as he picks up the glass and points to take another.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
”I wasn’t going to ask. And with all due respect, there is nothing to work out. I have no idea who you are, and it seems like you have no idea who I am, other than some rumours you’ve chosen to believe. I’ll say it again - this is nothing to do with you.” Neron huffs out a laugh, in fact, finding it incredulous for a complete stranger to apparently take this on.

”I am no danger to the Grounders or the Hollowed Grounds. I don’t owe you anything, and I won’t be telling you anything.” Scoffing, he steps back from the counter and folds his arms across his chest. ”If the people who have a problem with me want to come and find me themselves, then so be it. But they haven’t so far, and you can mind your own business.”
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye finds the behavior strange and offers his help, but Neron wants nothing to do with the whole thing. "I am Darkeye, a servant of Kors, the god of war and peace. I'm trying to get to know you better and I'll tell you that I've heard more about you than the rumors. That you are a man who can be trusted and for whom others would stick their necks out. I want to know from you what kind you are now." He says and takes a sip of the Igwer beer.

"They accuse you of being a warmonger and having something to do with Morgana's death. I imagine the whole thing is difficult. This accusation alone makes you a danger to all grounders. I doubt you would kill your own beloved, but why would they say something like that out of the blue, something is wrong. If you don't want to say anything about it, that's your business, then I have the image of you that I need and I can calmly take my further steps. I hope that I am wrong here but one of you is lying. Either Noah or you. I'll find out who and I'll get those who seek war so much. Now that's settled, and if you don't care to comment further, I'd like another whiskey." He says in a calm tone. It was too early, he could not prove anything to Neron. He only knew that something was very wrong. For warmongers, there was only one end and that was the trestle. No matter whether a leader of a city is a demigod or a bartender.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
It's with clear suspicion in steely eyes that Neron watches Darkeye, surprised to find the man still sitting and drinking given the bald nature of his remarks. "War and peace," he repeats. "Sounds like a conflict of interest, if you ask me." He, of course, has never heard of Kor, and he doesn't know if he wants to after this.

Still, he raises his eyebrows as the other man continues. "I'm not a warmonger. I'm a bartender," he says, gesturing around them as if that should be obvious. "And I don't think you get to decide if I am a danger to all Grounders. You aren't the leader of the Grounds. You aren't on the council. Your opinion doesn't carry much weight to me, sorry." Next steps, though?

"But if you bring trouble to my door - or if anyone else does - you'll find it and then some," he adds. "As long as that doesn't happen, we don't have a problem here."

And so with that taken care of, Neron fetches Darkeye another whiskey, setting it down on the counter without another word to the man.

~FIN
sometimes the soul
has days like these