(open)Herbs in the Labyrinth
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye looked at the old walls, reclaimed by nature, and thought about how best to gather the efas herbs he needed. He wanted to make some ointments from them and also some for the task he had with Frey.

So he stood at the entrance of the labyrinth and thought back to the last dream coincidence will hardly be. But he could get lost and maybe it was necessary not to do it alone. He wanted to fulfill the task in Frey's head and hoped that he would meet someone here. Time will tell and maybe he could make new or old contacts.
each for one sin
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

"Oh - hallo, Darkeye." Isla smiles as she steps along the pathway towards him, glancing up and into the entrance of the Labyrinth and shifting the basket on her arm. "Are you thinking of going in there?" she asks, drawing to a stop beside him. "If you are, can I interest you in some company? I need to collect some herbs, and this place can be a bit... strange."

Strange is an understatement; Isla has fought off more than one monster in the depths of its hedges, and she knows better than to listen to any 'helpful' advice from some of the other creatures lurking within. "I heard that it was once very beautiful. The maze, that is."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye turns around in surprise. "Isla I didn't expect to meet you here. Yes I want to go in here I want to collect some herbs and I read that they only grow here. I'd be happy to have you accompany me, I hope I'm not keeping you." A labyrinth-like in dream, he didn't want to lose himself again somehow, there wasn't enough time.

He wondered at the statement. "Nobody cares about it anymore, do they? It's gone wild and creatures have made a home there. But those were rumors. I thought." He looked to the black Panther that was following him for quite a while and gave her a name "Mahariel, you stay here, I want you to keep an eye on the area," he said quietly. He checked that he still had everything and looked at his axes hanging at his side and checked his spear and armor again, then turned to Isla, "Shall we then?"
each for one sin
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Looks like we are here for the same thing." Isla smiles. "And you aren't keeping me at all - let's go. Perhaps we will be luckier if we go together." Glancing back up at the labyrinth, she tilts her head at his conclusions about the place. "You may be right. It has been like this for as long as most anyone can remember, I think. Some even say it is alive, just like the things that live in it."

She gazes behind them at the panther left to scout and keep watch, watching for a moment until Darkeye speaks again. "Of course." She smiles, stepping forward and in through the entrance to the labyrinth. "Be careful that the hedges don't move around," she warns. "It can make it even easier to get lost."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
A living labyrinth that could only be dreamed up by a Demon Pactiere who ensconces lost souls in it. I wonder if anyone has ever thought of such a thing. He hoped not, a cold shiver went down his spine."I'll just stick with you," he said honestly. He didn't know what to expect in there, she could help.

"Can't we just make our way through the hedges? What's the worst that could happen to us in there?" he said as he checked his equipment one more time. He had enough supplies to last about a week, but if need be, he could ration them. But that was only for the worst case. He stroked Mahriel again the way she liked it and went on his way. He had to collect some herbs. After that, he could go to Frey and all his tasks would be done.
each for one sin
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"That sounds like a good idea," Isla says, smiling over her shoulder to Darkeye and letting him catch up to her before they set off through the labyrinth together. "The hedges are too dense to get through," she says. "There are creatures here that can cause mischief, or worse. Speaking squirrels try to tempt you to go off track, and there's rumour of something called a boggart, that takes the form of your greatest fears."

All in all, it sounds horrendous. "What herbs are you looking for?" she wonders. "There's one here called the Efas Herb - it's quite rare, but I have found it a couple of times before now. Is that what you're trying to find?"

Isla
the flesh is weak
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
He nodded first "One more reason why we should run together. If you see a tall woman with golden eyes who looks too good to be of this world, please contact me. Because if Pardona also appears in this world, I think I doubt my sanity," he said honestly and hoped that Isla would not make fun of it. At the words with the squirrels he nodded only he knew similar from his world. Fairy creatures that made a joke out of leading humanoids astray. The thing with the boggart worried him so something had to be killed in his eyes but he could not do that alone yet.

"I'm looking for like you just said the Efas herb. I need it that I don't always have to run to you and stop you from doing your work. I hope I can cultivate it and maybe manage to grow it in my garden. I am afraid that we will soon need the plant for the coming war. If I have to face my fears for that, then I will." He said resolutely but with a touch of fear. Which one knew Darkeye not often comes to light. But in this case you could see the fear sweat on his forehead already. He reached for his axe. In these corridors it was more difficult to fight with reach.
each for one sin
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"Noted," Isla says with a nod, knowing better than to make fun of anything, especially when it could very well come from outside of Caido. It wouldn't be the first time something had shown up from another world to cause problems. "And I appreciate that, but I hardly mind helping. It is my job to heal people," she points out, though she can absolutely understand wanting to have something as a backup.

They wind through the hedges and around corners, and it looks for a while that they are going back on themselves, before they stumble upon a small patch of grass. Small brown protrusions push out from the grass stalks, and Isla's eyes light up. "This is what we are looking for," she tells Darkeye, motioning for him to go ahead and collect some of the Efas Herb. "A little goes a long way, I think. We should make sure to leave some so it can grow back."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Pardona had already made too much of a mess of him his clan and his homeworld. He wouldn't need that in Caido, too. If the seductress of the rat child were also here, the war would no longer be the worst thing in his eyes. "I think it is a pity that you have resigned, but I understand the reasons behind it. I just thought that maybe you would lead your group well. I'm curious to see who takes over when Sunjata finishes his village." He said and smiled broadly.

Darkeye keeps a close eye on the surrounding area, fearing his attack at all times. He followed Isla at a distance. But he didn't know what the plant they were looking for looked like. But when they stumbled across it, he found it to be a twist of fate. "Then we'll take what we need and hopefully, we'll find our way out of here quickly."
each for one sin
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Leaning down to collect some of the Efas Herb, Isla uses the tools in her basket to clip some of the protrusions off for Darkeye as well. Collecting them up into a small pouch, she offers him out some of the herb before straightening up again, offering a soft smile. "Thank you," she murmurs. "I am still part of the council, I just didn't trust myself to make decisions for the good of the whole Grounds. Not with the connections I have made."

Hopefully, Sunjata will be able to make those decisions instead, and she'll happily support him in whatever he chooses. For now, though, their herbs are collected and they ought to be going. "I hope so," she agrees of getting out quickly, turning to head back through the labyrinth with Darkeye. "We were very lucky to find some of that herb so quickly to begin with."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye accepts the plant with thanks. He really hoped he could grow it and he didn't know how much Frey would need but now he had everything he needed. He could go to Frey and tell her he had completed his quest but not without first making a peach pie. "I just don't know if Sunjata is the right man for the job, his focus is on the village not the well-being of the Grounders. I don't want to insinuate anything. Maybe it's just my caution talking," he says honestly, sharing his thoughts on the matter. "I've met a lot of people here now, and if anyone can do this job, it's you," he says openly.

"Yes very lucky indeed." He expected an attack from Labyrinth at any time. He just hoped they would get out of here safe and sound. "We should try to get out of here quickly. Not that the ways are changing as you said." That was the last thing he wanted to be stuck here with the monsters.
each for one sin
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla shrugs her shoulders and smiles, appreciating his remarks even if she disagrees. "I have known Sunjata for a long time," she says. "We spoke about the safe zone he wants to create, and we'll have provisions for when his focus has to change. I'm still an advisor on the Hollowed Grounds council, so I am comfortable with the decision I chose to make," she says easily.

Perhaps the Labyrinth is in a good mood, or maybe their luck is just uncanny this time, but other than a wrong turn or two, the entrance to the hedge maze soon becomes visible, and Isla lets out a breath of relief as they head out of it. "There," she says. "It was good to see you again, Darkeye. I hope those herbs help you."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Only now did he realize that his words might have hit Isla. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I often speak my mind and realize too late that it can hurt people." He indicated an apologetic bow.

Darkeye had already forgotten which way they had gone and was very much dependent on Isla leading them out. "Thank you, I owe you one. I'm trying to get back to my forge because of the events I had to postpone. Just come by if you need anything." He was still saying the words when Mahariel stood next to him and walked around his legs so he didn't want to wait any longer. He bowed in farewell and went with the herbs in his backpack to the nearest shrine dedicated to Frey.

Fin
each for one sin