All That Glitters
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Oh? Remi replied, glancing sidelong at Sam as they flew unsure quite how to take it. Clearly, they were not talking about being hawks anymore, as the bookmaker had already indicated that they hadn't spent much time in this shift together. He still wasn't entirely over the initial shock and horror at having been told that all of the monumental firsts in his life had already happened, but now he was starting to become curious about what it had been like. What he had been like.

I am not often wise either, so I suppose we have that in common still. Remi countered with an easy chuckle. The waves of feeling sent towards him made the alchemist mentally stumble somewhat. He wanted to somehow compliment Sam in return but wasn't sure how. You don't like a good friend? But that would only highlight the memories lost between them. At every turn, the alchemist was stifled, and so instead he merely settled on Thank you. Though the sentence was short, it was punctuated by a confused by warm emotion. A shyness, but a curiosity too that wanted to reach out and explore what he once had, to investigate whether he would want it again, whether he was even capable of such now.

You know I do not remember. Remi countered with a mental smirk, wondering what fresh horror Sam would tell him of his past self.

Яemi
But now it's happily ever never. I guess now I know better
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

He stayed conspicuously quiet as to what other things they had done, letting Remi's imagination and the playful energy he was giving off fill in the blanks. If birds could smirk, Sam would have been.

You are...kind, though, good hearted. Even if you don't act on that wisely, I still admire it. Even though Remi's bleeding heart had often gotten them into trouble he did greatly admire it and the way he would always try for his friends, how he was trying now despite having no reason to be attached to Sam.

Telling Remi of the things they had gotten up to in the infirmary was something he had thought would have had to wait for a long time, but he was happy to tell the story as soon as he could. It was a good memory of his, despite Remi's injuries at the time and the interruption. It seemed like the kind of thing he could tell others when they asked him of fun stories, something he would look back on fondly.

Well...you kissed me for the second time in the infirmary. But you were...rather hurt. I was over you when Phoebe came in and told us both off. Sam would send a warm laugh through their link, his affection for the moment clear. It was...the first time I really realised that you wanted me.

Samuel
At seventeen, I started to starve myself
I thought that love was a kind of emptiness
And at least I understood then the hunger I felt
And I didn't have to call it loneliness
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Had Remi lips, he would have smiled faintly with a warm rather shy sort of embarrassment. The affectionate kind though that sent a tightness through your chest making you want to laugh and scream all at the same time. It was almost too sweet that Sam had remembered it as their second kiss, as if he had been keeping track all along.

Over me? Remi repeated with a curious sort of grin in his voice. Are you trying to say on me? He asked, that bubbling sort of excitement in the back of his throat colouring his language slightly as it dissolved into a warm laugh.

Oh.. Remi thought back, the buzz on his lips fading slightly as he wondered over the words. ..the first time I really realised that you wanted me. Something about hearing that made him sad again, made him want to apologize for not remembering. He would instantly if he thought it would do any good, but it wouldn't bring the memories back and it served only to remind them both what he'd managed to lose when he'd lost the mask.

Wait, and Phoebe was the one who saw? I can only imagine her reaction. He thought with a new burst of laughter, beating his wings as if he could use the momentum from this lighthearted comment to distance himself mentally from the melancholy that wanted to set in.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

To Sam's absolute delight, Remi responded well to his stories and flirtings, even seemed curious about the story. His hope rose up in his chest, spilling over into a giggling and giddy joy. I do mean on you, yes. On your insistence. You had hurt your sides, so I was arching over you and sat on your-- ...Well. It was not appropriate for the situation, to say the least.

He felt the pause, the threatening pitch into melancholy from Remi, but it was recovered and he gleefully soared up and back down, glad that even sadness could not catch them up here.

She was not very pleased. Sam confirmed, his internal smile shaping the words. I was told off. But we met later, once you'd been healed. Phoebe wasn't there then. He was sure Remi could work out what had happened in an uninterrupted night.

The moon high in the sky above them and the settlement a spark on the distance, Sam wished this night would never end. This is what I meant, you know. About new memories. I shall be fond of this one.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

My insistence hmm? Remi repeated with a mental shake of his head, ripples of disbelief echoing out from his mind. Though his mental presence blushed up to his non-existence ears at the words that Sam so obviously didn't say. With a strange sort of mental clearing of his throat, Remi banked to the side, wanting very badly to squeeze his eyes shut and cringe merrily at the image, but only laughing instead. Well if I had only hurt my sides I suppose it was good that you were sat lower down. He said cheekily, feeling as though this conversation was unravelling quickly into something ludicrous but not minding it at all.

But Remi couldn't work out what came next, not really. He had no idea of this time frame, where it occurred in their relationship. Had they just .. made out more? Fooled around? The idea that the pair had gone from their second kiss to sleeping together wasn't where the alchemist's mind went next.

Glancing across at Sam, it was strange to see a bird that he recognized so well, but to know that within it was someone so completely foreign to him, but who wasn't always that way. Considering for a moment, Remi nodded with a bright avian trill. I think I will as well. Though you make it sound as though I did not leave you with many happy memories from before. I suppose I have a lot of making up to do.

Яemi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

I know this is hard for you to understand, but you really were quite bold. In comparison, I am shy. He told Remi, a fond melancholy coming over him. But...in some ways, maybe this is better. We are more equal, hm? Perhaps in a roundabout way, this would turn out to be what they had needed; a chance to know each other without sex being the first thing they knew.

He was happy to hear that Remi would remember this fondly as well, really considering it the first step on building...something. Not even a romantic relationship (though he did hope it was that) but a friendship, a kinship of any kind. It meant Remi might not be gone from his life due to his own ineptitude and he could not be more grateful.

You don't need to make up. I want to spend time with you, but I would not want it to be from obligation on your part. ...Even if it was on mine. This last part was followed up with a clear laugh and spin, Sam picking up on Remi's easy joking vibes.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

It is hard to believe, certainly. I...well.. Remi laughed, his inner self sort of giving his head a shake with bemused awe. I suppose I am glad to know that I eventually became comfortable with who I was..and what...or I suppose who I wanted. He corrected, glancing across at Sam as they flew. I only wish I did not lose that along with my memories. I am finding that it is not so easily forced, I still feel quite ... With a wistful sigh, Remi shrugged. It is hard to explain.

With a snort, Remi angled his body down as the settlement came into view. Well obligation or not, I think I would prefer to be attacked less, or snowed-in fewer times this go around. Agreed?

With another grin, Remi shook his head. Come by the shop if you want to work on that cube. He called as the guildhall came into view. Trusting Sam could make his way home on his own, Remi descended down towards the large and ominous looking doors, wondering if Ronin would still be up.

~FIN

Яemi