Personal Quest (open) SE be ready for the war
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye had been planning to build up a larger stock for a long time. The wood he had cut with sunjata would help. But first he had to defend what he had called home until now. He put a big notice on the bulletin board where the grounders wanted to come or not. Supplies had to be gathered. As well as weapons to be made ready. Ideal conditions for a blacksmith who already had too much to do. But with each day the prophecy came closer. The people would become more nervous. It would come faster to quarrels. When it was so far it could be too late. The meeting place he had indicated was his forge.

----

This is a pq to collect materials for the coming war. Let's see who will join.
each for one sin
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
we are just two ghosts swimming in a glass half empty
Ophelia has not had the pleasure of visiting Darkeye’s forge, but they arrive with bells on and a dreamlike, vacant smile at the stated time. Hopefully there were no hard feelings after the Landshark hunt and all the messiness it entailed, but Ophelia - for their part - did not harbor such complex emotions. They all survived, and that is what mattered.

Aside from the note about gathering materials, the missive had offered no further explanations, so Ophelia arrives only with rope and their trusty scythe strapped to their back. “Hello Darkeye,” they greet amiably as they wander into his forge, keeping a healthy berth from the fires. “What will we be gathering today?”

- - -

Opheli arrives with rope and their scythe!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
we're all stories unfinished and we die to find some fitting words to write
Even with mixed personal feelings still lingering about Darkeye, Wessex has to admit that he is following through. And even though he won’t claim Grounds citizenship, he is here. So the grudge is… a bit piecemeal at times. Still there, but able to be put aside for the greater good. The Wraith is a team player.

And she is thrilled to see her youngest sibling there - the ghostlike Ophelia, someone she’s never been able to truly keep tabs on - or really understand. “Ophelia,” she says warmly, greeting them with with a pleased expression that is mostly attributed to their scythe (they can tell because of the little eyebrow raise). Guess some lessons stuck. And then she turns and nods to Darkeye, some kind of peace offering perhaps. “Aye. What did you have in mind?”
WESSEX
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye thought it was a pity that more had not come. But he was glad to see Ophelia again, without her he probably wouldn't be here today.

But he was also happy to see Wessex and he nodded to her. He wanted to show that even if he would never see the Grounds as his home, he would still make his contribution as he did in Stormbreak.

"First of all, thank you for coming. I know you ascended ones don't need many things. But I am thinking of the other people in the Ground. We need drinkable water as well as enough food in case of an attack and siege. This is where I would put my main focus for now. I would also like to make some herbs and bandages. If we still have the time maybe even still defense systems but that really has time. If you ascended still need something you must please tell me then I will help you to collect it."
He pulled out a map of the area. He had traveled far and had begun to draw a map. "Here we have enough wild berries and the like where we can boil down jam. These we should collect as many as there are left. Honey is also something that lasts a long time. We should also talk to some farmers that they plant grain that we should harvest quickly so that we can process this into flour. We should also hunt some animals and make dried meat from them. I am also open to your ideas." He said, pointing to wherever he saw fields or wildlife. Then he looked at Ophelia and Wessex.
each for one sin
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Waiting quietly and listening attentively to Darkeye’s explanation, the Wraith thinks through the options he’s outlined and purses her lips thoughtfully. “Most of the Grounders at this point are Ascended, but you’re right, people like Sunjata, the twins, Evi,e and yourself, will need to eat. I was a hunter before all this, I’m happy to take some time to do that.” It might be best if they split up, in order to cover more ground, but she doesn’t want to seem like she’s opposed to having anyone join her, so she looks expectantly from Ophelia to Darkeye to see what they will choose to you.
WESSEX
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Wessex’s arrival is a pleasant surprise, and Ophelia turns at the uttering of their name, expression brightening immediately upon laying eyes on their sister in arms. “Wessex, hello,” they greet warmly. They giggle quietly at the raised brow, pleased, but now was not the time for conversation. Their day was dedicated to work.

Though he’s correct they do not need to eat, they are not the only ones in the Grounds. Wessex is undoubtedly a proficient hunter, so Ophelia chimes in with their own strength. “My family were farmers for generations. I know the others well, I’m happy to discuss grain with them. We could even sow it wild in the meadows if we enforced basic borders to dissuade invasive plants.” Wheat was far easier to grow wild after all, not requiring things like greenhouses and watering systems.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"I think those are our best options. I just don't know now what you need the ascended? If you can help me out there that something can be done for you too. Ophelia then please take care of the farmers they do their part. We just have to be careful not to get too close to King's end. The winter is still there. Wessex if you don't mind I would suggest we hunt together."

That way he could test his skills and they could lead the animals to a central point which would make it easier. For firewood was provided the forest that has emerged in the winter on the grounds has provided plenty of coal and wood. Clean water was something else that Darkeye was concerned about.

----
Ophelia devotes herself to the farmers and can prove her ability.
Wessex can go hunting with Darkeye if she wants to.

It must be provided afterward still for water, dressings as well as healing ointments. If you want to add something to this list, just write it down.
each for one sin
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
What do the Ascended need? Other than man power and a land of eternal night - or boosted daylight endurance? She can’t think of anything off the top of her head, so Wessex just nods and replies, “Will do. Let’s head to the Outskirts. If you take my hand, I can teleport us there much more quickly, though it’ll be a bit of a nausea-inducing ride.” Reaching out to Darkeye, assuming that he’ll want the quickest route, Wessex’s gaze actually goes towards Phi. “It’s good to see you, Phi. For a moment I thought you might have pulled a disappearing act.”

Once Darkeye takes her hand, she’ll whisk them away to the edge of the Woods and the Field, where they can choose which area to hunt in.

------------------

Wessex offers to teleport herself and Darkeye to the edge of the Woodlands/Field. If he agrees, she'll take them there and then they can start hunting.
WESSEX
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Change author:
“I am never far,” they assure Wessex in their warm but cryptic tones. It seems they are to be operating alone for this first phase, which suits Ophelia just fine. With Darkeye’s instructions in mind, they begin making their way down the lanes of the outskirts, knocking on doors of individual families. Most are surprised to see Ophelia, Ascended now and the last of their line who all otherwise passed in ways the small farming community was keenly aware of. Such was the fate of insular, nosy communities.

Convincing each family takes work of a different kind. Offering to take on the burden of harvesting, promising delivery of the seeds, various trades. Some are willing to spring for the idea out of an investment in the greater good at least, which helps to balance the scales.

- - -

Ophelia begins to visit the farmers individually to convince and barter planting and farming wheat for the season.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye is happy about the offer, it makes things easier. Together with Wessex he could make a good hunt and could try out his new rune axes at the same time. With these, he is able to bridge a short distance. This would make a hunt a little easier for him. He did not want to kill too many animals but unfortunately, it was necessary for the coming days. "Thanks for the good support. I hope we find enough to hunt and don't endanger the population here too much. I'm always up for a good hunt." He got ready and would start hunting right away if Wessex didn't mind.

Darkeye sets off with Wessex on the hunt.

There are still some tasks to do.
Water reserves need to be stockpiled to extinguish fires should they occur, and of course to drink for those who have not ascended.
Wood supplies for repair work.
Enough meat must be procured so that it can be dried and the bones can be used to make weapons.
each for one sin
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
As Darkeye and herself disappear to the Woodlands to hunt, she nods, but tries to mitigate his expectations. “I think we’ll be fine. We can only carry back so much, and getting enough is really a multi-excursion process, you know?” After a moment to stop and think about what might be most efficient, she pipes up again. “I have something that might help us. They should be able to scare any animals our way within a ten meter radius.”

Reaching for her magic, Wessex calls upon two wolves and sets them at the edge of their perimeter and directs them to scare any prey animals - rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, deer - towards them. It may not be successful, but it’s an easy way to start.

--------------------

Wessex uses her Squad magic to summon two wolves and make them herd / scare any prey animals towards herself and Darkeye
WESSEX
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Change author:
Ophelia toils away on their own for the following time where Darkeye and Wessex go off hunting. Most of what they need is readily present at and around the Oasis and the outskirts where they started, so they begin there. Hauling water is the most taxing part, so they start there. Filling barrels and packing along multiple containers with the help of a loaned mule to make the trips fewer and more useful. With the containers strapped to the sides, the top of the mule’s pack is loaded up with neatly bound bundles of sticks. Fatter rounds would come later, after the water was built up and they could take down a few full trees to split.

It’s repetitive work, but luckily they don’t have the same exhaustion to contend with that a human might, and their muscles don’t strain with the weight of hauling heavy containers. Though a quiet affair with nobody else around, they toil away without much minding it.

- - -

Phi stocks water and begins to haul smaller branches of wood with the help of a loaned mule.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye was glad that Wessex had such skills and the wolves helped to drive the animals close to her. So it was easy to kill them quickly and efficiently. He threw his axe again and again and teleported quickly. The animals could then be brought back quickly and one could start to gut the animals and process them as quickly as possible, but that was a job Darkeye could do alone. "That is a very useful skill Wessex I am impressed I hope we can bring the animals back. There is not much left to do now. We've already done most of it, I just hope Ophila was successful. Should we go back or should we walk I don't know how your teleport works"? He already had an idea of what he would do as a thank you for Wessex if he still had time.

----
Type: Grey | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Throwing Axes | A pair of throwing axes that only ever deal basic damage. However, they allow the wielder to teleport up to 5ft in distance.

Now that Water is collected and the hunt was a huge Succeed. There is not much else to do.
We got the water and food.
If you want you can help build a hall or bring it with Darkeye to the tower. There is where he would bring all the things.
Wood for repair is close to his Smithy from the last Se
each for one sin
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
They're an efficient team; whilst Darkeye throws his axes and teleports, Wessex takes the other half of the area, shooting her lasers at every bit of earth and greenery that starts to move. The sounds of the hurt animals never linger in the air for long, but their piercing cries do create the sense that the two humans are committing some small-scale massacre.

Eventually, the wolves indicate that they've done their job and the Wraith releases them, letting the creatures dissolve into the ether before taking on the task of retrieving their kills. In the end, the haul is decent, and she nods as the Outlander's thanks. "Thanks. I'm a pretty good pack mule and don't mind the blood. Tie them all together and I'll get us all back." All her strength might as well be put to good use.

Once they've sucessfully compiled everything, Wessex says, "All right, put a hand on my arm or something and back we go."

-------------------------

Wessex suggests they should tie all the killed animals together and then tells Darkeye to touch her so she can get them back to their original meeting place.
WESSEX