[SE] fire on the water
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
Something definitely feels off in Torchline. Ronin has arrived by his compass, and so the difference in temperature (or the lack thereof, honestly) is instant. Usually by Torchline's standards, Flowerbirth is positively tropical, but this feels... moody, and not in the way of the approaching monsoons. He rests his hands in the pockets of his light jacket, choosing to keep it on as he approaches the Court of the Stars, raising an eyebrow up at the clouds overhead.

"Gods let this be nothing to do with the war or any relics," he mutters to himself, taking a deep breath and letting it out again before turning his focus for the reason of his visit. He isn't the type (right now, at least) to go hollering Maeve's name until she pops up, and so the Huntsman waits patiently before the healing fountain, having informed someone that he has arrived and if the Nightshade could come and find him whenever she's ready.
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It's only a few minutes before Maeve is appearing to greet him, a soft smile on her lips as she extends her hand to the Huntsman, "Thank you for coming, Ronin." If the temperature hanging in the air wasn't indication enough that something was going on with the weather, Maeve's state of dress was. The Nightshade was still wearing her long sleeved garments, intent on keeping the lingering chill at bay, but even the lingering clutches of Deepfrost can't keep the warmth that exudes from her away. "It will probably be best to do this out in the garden."

It would be a shame to set the Court on fire due to a easily prevented mishap. Taking his arm, Maeve leads them outside, the bow already waiting for them in its case. It looks almost identical to the one Remi made for her, the Nightshade unwilling to part with the creation fully, but the difference is to be seen in the carvings on the bow itself. While it still has the same twisting vines as before, there is also constellations borne into the wood, the stain having settled deep into the lines of each one. "She didn't want me to use the one your husband made for me."
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
Glancing up as Maeve appears, Ronin offers her a gentle smile and a nod. "Of course. You're looking well," he tells her, offering her a quick kiss to the cheek and a hug before they're headed off into the garden. The Huntsman offers his arm willingly, tilting his head at the sight of the bow in its case as they approach it.

"She... Ah. Right, of course. I wish I could say that I was surprised about that." Wincing, Ronin lets his arm drop and steps up to gaze over the bow properly, giving a small smile at its craftmanship. It isn't Remi's, but that doesn't mean it's bad. "Do you know, I was considering being an archer for a while," he murmurs. "What do you need me to do for you?"
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

She is looking well. She's doing well, too. Life has been full of so many good things. Her new relationship with Harper, Edmund and Jude, and her friends... It's something to hang on to; a bright spot on the edge of darkness with the coming war. Maeve accepts his kiss on her cheek, offering him a gentle squeeze in return when he draws her into a hug. "As do you." The Nightshade hums easily, drawing back slightly to take his arm, leading him out to the garden.

"I didn't argue, of course, but I do wish I could have used it." This was a compromise. It looked like the one Remi made for her originally and that would have to do. The bow was a good one. Deimos's craftsmanship just as comparable as the Lullaby's, but the sentiment wasn't the same. Not to her. "It would suit you." Maybe he'd be better at hitting with a bow than his Starbolts. "She wants you to burn my fingertips into the bow."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"Things are calm for a bit. Or at least it feels that way," Ronin supplies as to the reason for his looking well, smiling over his shoulder at Maeve as he continues to expect the bow. They've certainly had their share of tragedies over LongNight, it's true, but all things considered the world has kept its chaos to itself for a little bit. Undoubtedly this means it's building up for something big, Ronin thinks.

Humming a soft note of agreement about Remi's bow, the Huntsman turns with its substitute in his hands, turning it this way and that. "Maybe once," he says, flashing her a smile, "but I've always been a brawler at heart." Perhaps this sort of conversaton could continue were it not for her next comment, Ronin blinking a couple of times (like that GIF of the reporter) as he regards the Nightshade.

"She what?" He frowns. "How does she suppose I do that? I don't want to set fire to the bow... or to you," he adds.
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"It was an uneventful LongNight." The Nightshade agrees easily. Compared to seasons past it was downright boring. Even the parties seemed more tame this go around. Not that Maeve was complaining. She needed the rest and much like Ronin she was under the idea of something bigger was on the horizon. This was the quiet before the storm.

Her eyebrow arches, head cocking to the side as she regards him, "I don't think I've ever seen you throw a punch, Ronin. Forgive me for being skeptical." She's teasing, of course, knowing that the Huntsman was plenty capable of holding his own in a fight. She'd seen it first hand.

Thankfully Maeve has an answer for him. "She said that you will superheat the wood with your Phoenix Fire. Then I will grab a hold of it until my hand and fingerprints are seared into the skin." Her palm itches as she describes what exactly they're going to be doing. It'll hurt. A punishment for her transgressions. Just the way Safrin wants it. "Then you'll heal me afterwards."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin gasps dramatically, a hand fluttering to his chest, as if to ask what Maeve could possibly mean by that. He knows that she knows, though, so he turns his attention back to the weapon and what he's supposed to do with it. And as she spells it out for him - in all its stark and brutal detail - he can't help but wince. "What did you do?" he wants to know, as if all too aware that a task like this comes on the heels of some transgression or another.

And then, because obviously he's going to do what his goddess has asked, he holds out the bow between both hands, which soon partially shift to include crimson and golden feathers. Downy and smouldering, they are deceptively hot, and beneath his hands the bow begins to scorch and heat up. "Alright. Grab it just there," he tells her, nodding between his two hands where there's space for her to hold it.
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

What had she done? Well, wasn't that a fun question. Maeve sighs, meeting Ronin's gaze and knowing out of all of them he would understand the most. "Fraternized with an Ascended and Sunjata." That's the real problem. Sunjata. Just like always. Her cheeks flush and she shakes her head, watching as he takes the bow in his hands, "She said I should ask you for some... perspective."

Maeve watches the bow begin to smolder, embers sparking and spreading across the wood, lifting her hand so it hovers for a moment. The heat emanating from the burning wood flashes hot across her palm and she can already feel that will surely come from this. Surging forward, the Nightshade closes her hand around the burning wood, biting her lip to keep from crying out, tears already gathering in the corner of her eyes and slipping down her cheeks.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"Ah. Not a mistake you'll make again too soon I imagine," Ronin says, understanding and apology written in his expression as he smiles at her. "For some perspective, though?" The smile quickly turns a bit crooked. "Perspective on what? I am intimately familiar with fucking up, if that's what she means. And with realising that Sunjata's most accurate shift was the snake."

His eyes drop to the bow between his hands, knowing without even needing to test it that the wood is scorching hot right now. And so he's already wincing a bit as Maeve reaches out for it, though he doesn't look away. There's a crackling sound that he knows is her flesh, Ronin swallowing hard and waiting a second or two before letting the feathers and the fire die away. "Let go of it quick, before your hand sticks to it," he advises. "Are you okay?"
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

”No… forgiveness won’t come easily next time.” Hence why there wouldn’t be a next time. The perspective is a bit tricky. Whether it was needed on Sunjata or the fact that she fucked up in general, Maeve wasn’t sure. ”I think it’s more to do with Sunjata than anything. I’ve a bad habit of letting him take advantage of me.” In more ways than one. She’d been burned by him one too many times. Safrin knew that and was only doing her part to protect her. To make her rise further than she ever could attached to someone like Sunjata. ”His actions are selfish…”

The pain is excruciating and nothing could have prepared her. She doesn’t scream or whimper. There is no sound except for a strangled sob as her cheeks are stained with tears. The Nightshade is frozen there, unable to make her fingers respond and release the bow until Ronin’a voice breaks through the ringing in her ears. Her hand is shaking, tremors that run up her arm and through her body as the adrenaline leaves her, shock setting in instead. Blisters form and skin begins to peel instantly as she turns it face up. ”Fan-fucking-tastic.” She hisses, stumbling back slightly as she sways on her feet.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"That they are," Ronin murmurs about Sunjata, his tone a great deal darker than before. "I would advise you to stay away from him. I used to think we were good friends, that it meant something. But he only cares about not being a part of the war, and about whether or not he can do the same for Nate. At this point I'd say he was on the Ascended side of things."

The smell of burning flesh isn't as abhorrent as it used to be, and Ronin supposes he can thank the dragon in his blood for that. Still, he shoves it down low into his stomach as he sets the bow down, stepping up beside Maeve. One arm moves around her shoulders to steady her, while the other cups beneath her injured hand, careful not to graze the scorched flesh. "Close your eyes," he warns as something bright begins to pulse and glow deep within his chest. "This can be a bit bright."
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

His words don't fall on deaf ears, but she's not capable of answering him right now. Not with the pain searing through her nerves. Maeve leans heavily against Ronin, eyes squeezing shut as he cups her hands, murmuring his warning against the light. She waits with bated breath for the pain to fade and it does. The relief is enough to bring a whimper from behind her teeth, tears slipping down her cheeks before she draws in a trembling breath, finally registering that it's done.

"Thank you." She breathes, looking down at the fresh pink skin covering her palms, dropping her hands after a moment. The Nightshade looks back up at him, "He came to me about holding a meeting here. For a neutral territory that will take away all the powers of those who stay there and remove them from the war. I said he could." If only to ensure that those she cares about can be safe.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
The supernova is dramatic, because it doesn't know how else to be, and Ronin also closes his eyes against the blast of light. Nothing is damaged, at least, and Maeve's scorched palm (and any other lingering injuries she might have) are healed away by the time the world comes back into focus. "You're always welcome," he murmurs, carefully wiping the tears from her cheeks and stepping back once he's sure she's alright.

"Oh? He sent a letter to me as well. I think I will probably attend - I'm not sure that Safrin will be personally affronted by that." But of course he can't be sure, and he'll suffer the consequences of it if and when they come to pass.

"Have you heard anything about why Torchline is so chilly?" he asks as he moves back to her bow, examining it afresh and then clicking the case shut. "It's usually a lot hotter by now."
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

His touch is tender, wiping away the tears from her cheeks as her eyes flutter open, readjusting to the light. Maeve leans into his touch for a moment before he draws back once she gathers herself once more. "No, I don't think she will, but I worry about upsetting her." The goddess had made it very clear that Sunjata was not someone for her to be associated with anymore. "I feel that giving people the choice for another path is important and she'd want for our people to be safe ultimately." It's the only reason she's willing to even entertain it.

Shaking her head, Maeve moves back towards the table, fingers trailing along the top of the bow case. "No, I'm not sure. I'm looking in to it, though. If it persists for too long it might start to affect things here." Make it harder to farm, catch fish, and a number of other things.