[se] the sun knew you too
for Darkeye
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
Glancing up from her work, rolling the makeshift dough back and forth amongst the flour, streaks of it already over the counter, her clothing, and the floor, the youth aimed to address his questions – but they came almost too quickly. Glad he was figuring out efficiency, she merely smiled and persisted, until there were other notions brought to the surface. “If you would like, though its nothing to worry about.” She didn’t mind – preferring they were utilized in some fashion anyway, and she could always get more.

She kneaded the dough some more, flipping it over, and then began applying vanilla and cinnamon into it. “You can always wash and cut up your peaches while you wait, or clean up periodically.” Considering the mess they’d already created, her elbow jutting out towards an assemblage of cleaning supplies nearby, including rags, mops, brooms, dustpans, and the like. It left the cleric some options anyway.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
He had planned to go back to the kart when this was all over and buy some things he had used up. Darkeye now started to wash and cut the peaches as Lena had advised him. He had asked for her advice and did as he was told.

As soon as that was done he cleaned the working surface and removed the dirt on the floor. Shortly after, he washed his hands again and made tea for himself and Lena. Then he went back to his cake and went through the next steps. "What is so special about your recipe if I may ask?"
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
Content with the aromas flickering from the bread itself, she began to peel it apart into smaller fragments, then rolled them into thinner pieces, elongating the dough along the counter. The question didn’t stop her, though there was some measure of pause in her movements, before starting again, placing more flour across a particular spot. “This bread was my sister’s favorite.” She blinked several more times, and then nodded, as if adjusting her own measure of importance and skill, mastering the grief.

After the second application, she began to twist the pieces of dough together, so they looked like a makeshift braid, adjusting the thickness and span accordingly. “There,” she announced, proud of her work, and went to slide it along a greased pan, and then into the oven. “How is yours coming along?”
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
He felt bad for asking and nodded curtly, watching her once again as she spread the flour. He was impressed with how well she did it. But then he turned around and went back to work.

Darkeye's mouth watered when he saw what she was making. It smelled as good as it looked. He was just about to make the curd cream and was stirring when he stopped with his mouth almost open and only continued when she asked. He picked up the dough and began to fill a third of the form with the cream as it was written in the book and put the peaches in it and poured the rest of the cream over it as soon as he was ready. "I think if I read it right that my cake can also go into the oven. Even if I doubt that it tastes as good as your dish" he said smiling.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“Nonsense. I’m sure they’ll both be delicious.” Not adhering to the argument Darkeye was making, she handwaved the motions aside with a gentle, easygoing smile, and opened the oven door for him as well, allowing the cleric to place his pie within. Then it would only be a waiting game, and she’d try not to hover around it very often.

Turning an hourglass timer, she glanced over the counter, which was fairly clean, and then back to Darkeye. “Those will take a little while. Did you have any other part of the recipe to complete?” Lena could imagine some cream, or some other frosting endeavor, that Frey, and many others would find utterly sublime.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"Well, if you say so, it must be true," he said with a nod. It was good not to think about the war all the time and to lead a normal life. How long would it stay like this was the question. He took his cake and put it down carefully. He was curious how the cake would look afterwards. He must it with Lena to make sure that it is good enough.

He said with a smile, enjoying the smell coming from the oven, "I don't know much about Frey, but I hope I'm doing this right". He didn't want to upset the Herald.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Before too long, the sweet and fragrant smells of the bread and the peach pie began to float around the small apartment; pleasant, content, and though she yearned to pry open the door, Lena knew they wouldn’t be quite ready yet. Instead, her attention went to Darkeye, and the lack of a question. Brows furrowed slightly, hoping she wasn’t overstepping in her speech. “Well, they would appreciate some cream, at the very least.” Pausing, considering, her eyes went to the recipe book. “Is there anything in there about how to make that? We still have some time before we take anything out.”
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
He considered and looked at what he could make."That sounds great then I'll do that. But if you think I should do more, I'm open to suggestions. I'm not very good at baking, as I said. According to the recipe, there are two possibilities" and he shows her the entries.

If you want to make cream naturally, you need raw milk directly from the farmer, which has not been treated. This milk is left to stand until the fat, called cream, rises to the surface of the milk. This fat can then be skimmed off and you have cream. The remaining liquid is skimmed milk, which can be used as a refreshing drink. However, the milk should be boiled beforehand to kill any pathogens.

The second way of making cream requires half a liter of milk and 250 g of butter. The milk is heated, but should not boil. The butter is added to the warm milk and thus made to melt. Subsequently, the mixture is beaten with a hand mixer until foamy. After that, the mixture should be placed in the refrigerator for 24 hours. The next day, it can be used as a cream for cooking or made into whipped cream as usual and refined with vanilla sugar, for example. This cream could also be used to make butter again, if needed, by whipping the cream until it flocculates and then kneading the resulting buttermilk out of the butter mixture. The buttermilk can also be reused.

"I think both take too long unless you've already prepared that," he says with a smile.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
As the pie and bread slowly rose within the oven, the Caretaker took a look at the entries again. Blanching slightly as she read on and on, noting the lack of some ingredients (like raw milk straight from a farmer or a cow) or the ability to whip it naturally without some experience…she slid the book back over to Darkeye. “I’ve never done any of those,” she mentioned, embarrassed, cheeks turning a light shade of pink as she looked down at the counter.

Rebounding with a soft smile and a slight grimace, she shrugged her shoulders. “Maybe we can just pick some up at the market.” Which is what she normally did – not wanting to ruin anything meant for her favored deity.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye smiled "This isn't your fault after all. I'll just come and use up your supplies let's quickly buy what we need. I owe you at least that. I owe you a great debt of gratitude. For helping me with this." He says honestly and grabs a pen and paper. "You watch the cake and I'll buy what we need, just make me a quick list." He wanted to try the cake and the pot from her, but first, he had to get the cream and co. Maybe he could also fill up the supplies that he had used. The time will show
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Taking hold of the pen and paper, Lena nodded along, figuring that would probably the best deal out of the situation. She could watch and ensure the bread and pie came out at their required time, and by then, Darkeye would likely be done running errands and snagging supplies. “All right, give me a moment,” and she began writing things down – checking over the recipe to ensure she didn’t forget anything, and her own dwindled stock that needed replenishing. When it was complete, she smiled, gesturing back to the cleric. “There.”

Handing it back over to him, she shrugged her shoulders. “You don’t need to go to where we were before. There’s some stores that are a little closer, and they should have everything.”
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
He still nodded and took his backpack and taught in where several were wrong as well as some food. But also some books and maps he had already gone. There was also a book with a lock on it. the Kor Vademecum. A black tattered book which was very worn and also some bloodstains were to be seen on it. He put it aside as if it were a holy relic. He took the list and nodded again. "I won't be long." He packed himself a pouch with the land shark's teeth as a precaution. Maybe he shoud bring her something for her hard work
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“Good luck!” The youth waved him out of the door, and then wiled away with cleaning once again. Putting away the unused portions of their supplies, taking stock, and wiping down the counter took some semblance of the minutes away, and by the time she’d finished, the pie and bread were done.

Wafting, sweet smells drifted through the corridor and parlor, and she didn’t hesitate putting on her mitt and sliding them out of the oven, and leaving them to settle and cool on the sideboard. “You came out lovely,” she mentioned to the inanimate objects regardless, while turning off the stove.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye went to the leden as he was told and hoped that he could achieve the things he wanted there. He had to search some stalls because he also wanted to replenish the supplies he had consumed from her. He also searched for a long time for the raw milk and hoped to find it. It succeeded him after some minutes of the search. Ebeson searched for flowers to express his gratitude for their work. Hydrangea was the plant he chose. It took about 20 minutes until he came back. The scent was already on the street to smell. He knocked and the first thing she saw were the flowers.
— the smartest do