[se] the sun knew you too
for Darkeye
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
The knock on the door brought her out of cleaning mode, and she opened it to reveal flowers, and then Darkeye himself. Grinning, she nodded her head towards the baked goods waiting and cooling on the counter. “Perfect timing. I just took them out!” The smell continued to waft in a pleasant array of bread and peach, cinnamon and vanilla, and while he wandered back in, she snagged at the hydrangea and other supplies, placing some upon the table and out of the way, so that his hands might be freed.

“These are beautiful,” the Caretaker uttered, by way of complimenting the hues and petals, before sticking them in a vase nearby. “Did you have any trouble?”
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye was pleased that she liked the flowers. He was a little worried that it would be too much. But he was lucky that she seemed to like them very much. He gave her the supplies and the flowers with a big smile. "You could smell it on the street, it smells amazingly good. If you continue like this, you can soon call yourself baker." He said kindly.

He just nodded. "The dealers you named helped me quite well and it was a fair price in my eyes. But when I saw the flower stall, I just had to bring you some. He said in the language of flowers, they mean gratitude for hard work. I don't know if that's true but what could it hurt I thought"it was his way of thanking her for everything. He packed his backpack again and as soon as he was done he washed his hands and started to whip the cream.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
Adding water to the vase, and arranging the flowers neatly along the windowsill, Lena could only shake her head, offer a light laugh. “I’m afraid I’m far too busy for that. I’ll let someone else have the title.” Replicating her sister’s favored dish had been the only motive behind the movements anyway, and assisting another in their task was routine, like any other day.

Glad to hear of Darkeye’s success, her smile radiated amidst the tiny room. “Do you want help unpacking them?” Watching and waiting for acceptance, her eyes went to the cream, nodding along, content that Frey would acknowledge the man’s efforts with the arrangement.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
He nodded in response. "I think you have the talent, though. I think we should test the things first to make sure they taste as good as they smell. Not that the smell is the only thing that's so delicious." He said with a broad grin.

"I have no idea if she's ready." The cream had already firmed up nicely. But he kept stirring, not knowing whether he could stop or not. He just hoped that she would say something when it was time. he had followed the recipe exactly, but he couldn't remember how long he had been whipping the cream.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
The Caretaker grinned again, still shaking her head. “That’s very kind of you.” As for taste-testing, the youth snagged at some plates and a long knife. “Of course,” and began cutting at her bread into smaller portions for them both.

From the corner of her eye, she watched as he stirred the cream, and when it seemed and deemed appropriate, she nodded. “That looks good!” By then she’d cut away some edges and fringes for them to partake in, passing the plate with peach pie and the cinnamon and vanilla combined bread over to the cleric. “All right, let’s give them a try.” Hopefully they ended up delicious, and not unfit for human consumption.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye watched her closely, enjoying the sight. Of the still steaming temptation of sweet baked goods. The smell was intensified by the cut.

The movement was unusual for his muscles and he didn't want to admit it, but he wouldn't have lasted much longer. "I'm glad to hear that" and he puts the bowl down with some hesitation, hoping that the cream would taste good. He put the bowl a little closer to both plates so that both could help themselves. He first took a small portion and looked at how his cake tasted with and without the cream. It was not bad but it did not quite meet his taste. But the cinnamon with vanilla was a little better. You could also hear that he liked it." It tastes fantastic" he says without exaggerating.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Taking a few bites of each, Lena found herself quite content – a smile spreading along her face once flavors hit tastebuds, pleased to know they’d been successful in their cooking and baking endeavors. Hopefully her bread would do Sera’s memory some justice. She peered over at Darkeye to see it had gone roughly the same for him, and with an air of satisfaction, the youth nodded. “Good. I hope others think so too.” She wrapped up the remains of her loaf, knowing she’d have to portion it out at the festival.

Curious, her head tilted backed to the cleric. “Are you going to offer some of yours to Frey first?”
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"I think I will bake another one for her and take this one to the feast. I think it would also be good if I brought her only half a cake. I think the important thing is the gesture behind it." Or so he hoped. He didn't want to buy a ready-made one, and he didn't want to ask anyone else to make one for him. He wanted to do it personally to show that he meant it. But Kor was still in the first place for him. He liked the bread from Lena very much and hoped that he would get another piece sometime. But slowly it was time to leave.
— the smartest do
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
At his thoughts and notions, Lena nodded, hastily grabbing another piece of paper, and beginning to write down the recipe for him. “That sounds perfect,” she uttered with her same serene smile, before taking the parchment, making sure everything was there, and handing it over to him, along with the wrapped-up pie. And another piece of bread she snuck in. “There you go!”

Figuring he’d likely be on his way, for there was much to do for everyone nowadays, the young Caretaker smiled again, content with the day’s proceedings and how much they’d accomplished. “Thank you again for all your hard work and help. See you at the festival?” And then they’d be able to part – baking completed.

{FIN}
that kept so many warm