Personal Quest (SE) off the record
safe haven PQ pt 1!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
the first cut was the deepest, but it healed up whole
He hasn’t been back to King’s End since the start of Deepfrost – when they’d done a supply run imagining that they’d be staying in the Grounds for the rest of the season. It was better, he and Nate had thought, to keep the twins in a space where they would be comfortable – warm, surrounded by people, in a place that at least harbored some comfort and happiness, who didn’t look at the two of them with distaste when they walked down the streets.

Regardless, he knows it’s Flowerbirth now, but what he doesn’t expect is for there to still be snow on the ground – doesn’t expect it to be coated in so much of the cold that he hadn’t come fully prepared for it. At least there’s plenty of work to be done, enough that should hopefully keep him warm. Alongside the food and tea he’d brought to help warm up the participants as well. It was likely they’d all be here a while.

Little notes had been sent out, notices here and there that he planned to start working on the safe haven – material gathered and hauled over days of carrying cart after cart of material using his dragon shift (wanting to use as much of it as he could before he became shiftless and magicless when or if he got this haven completed in time).

So he stands by it, a small campfire constructed in the corner with tea warmed up on it, waiting for everyone to arrive that he’d asked specifically to help in this cause – hoping that it would go smoothly and without a hitch.

Welcome to the start of the safe haven PQ!! We have a lot of work to do <3 There's no post order, please just post your character arriving and we'll get it all sorted after :D
the flood
and the next one was a soft touch, but i bled out below
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Darkeye had bought some beasts of burden to transport the carts he had cut with the lumber he had cut with Sunajta. He would then leave the animals to Sunjata as thanks. But the journey was more exhausting than expected, it seems that the snow here had not yet noticed that the flower birth had begun. That would make everything harder. The four oxen pulled the carts with all their might. Darkeye also had to dismount from time to time to push the cart. He also had to give the animals a break every now and then so as not to drive them to death. As thanks for their deeds, there was plenty of food and with the second ferry, he would also get the cows. Dirty with mud everywhere by some falling in the snow and pushing the cart Darkeye arrives with his small forge and building material at the meeting place.

"I had imagined this would be a little easier, Sunjata. The dirty snow makes it really damn hard with the carts." He said and jumped from his carts and let the animals free again and gave them plenty to eat. "Where can I spread out?" He said as he held out his dirty hand to Sunajta in greeting."A good place, I'd say even Kor would like it. I have more carts of wood at my forge. I've been busy." It was obvious to Darkeye that he had not slept much lately.

---
Darkeye arrives with two carts, one with his small forge and private materials, and one with plenty of lumber.
Everyone is the architect of his own fortune

Coding base by Sky

Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Ophelia

It seems Ophelia goes wherever Darkeye does these days. They don’t mind; they are an amiable person, and equally incapable of noticing even if it did bother the man. Instead they merely aim their normal, dreamlike smile at him as they arrive, heading straight for the host instead of diverting to create small talk. There is much to do after all, and though they’ve heard of what Sunjata seeks to create, they have not had the pleasure of meeting him firsthand.

Not the type to believe in personal boundaries (a problem they’ve only discovered after Ascending, and which none of their fanged siblings have ever been bothered by) Ophelia reaches both hands to clasp one of Sunjata’s as they smile up at him. “Hello, Sunjata. It is a pleasure to meet you at last. My name is Ophelia.” Both hands shake his eagerly - too many times - as they speak before finally releasing. “What will we be working on today?” The fire and tea are both dangerous and meaningless, so he holds the entirety of their attention for the moment.
it's peaceful in the deep, either way you cannot breathe
no need to pray - no need to speak
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Sah

Sah heard about the efforts to create a safe haven through word of mouth and passing rumors. So although he didn't know Sunjata personally, the Abandoned still came. He eyes the lingering snow with cautious curiosity, wondering just what it might mean for Deepfrost's grip to remain this long.

Soon the glint of the campfire becomes visible, and he can make out those already gathered. He only recognizes Darkeye but Sunjata himself looks oddly familiar. Perhaps they'd crossed paths at some point? Like a bar.

Still, he gives a nod in greeting to the others, "I heard a rumor that someone was setting up a safe haven here. I was hoping that you'd let me help? The name's Sah by the way." Might as well introduce himself to the two he's yet to truly meet.

The Abandoned gestures to the pack on his back, "I brought some supplies I think we might need too." A wolf trots up beside him and gives a small yip in greeting as her tail wags. "And Lilly." Sah reaches down and gives his companion's ears a quick ruffle as he introduces her.

~

Sah arrives with a pack filled with the following items: Rope, spare tools, paper and pen, Lilly, and all the items in his profile.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Darkeye’s arrival brings a bright smile to the Flood’s face, a dip of his chin in greeting. There’s plenty of space for the oxen to spread out, to spend some time relaxing while they work and Sunjata’s content enough to let them. “I had expected the snows to be gone by now, truthfully. But we’ll have to make do.” His smile shifts to something almost hesitant, before gesturing to where Darkeye could spread out his things. “I hear you have been.” He rumbles a soft laugh, turning his attention now to Ophelia as they arrive.

He doesn’t expect them to come so close – hand in hand, so unlike most of those he encounters. “The pleasure’s mine.” He hums, letting them shake his arm as much as they wished to. He doesn’t answer their final question, though, given that Sah arrives and it’s likely perfect timing to get into the task at hand. So he clears his throat, and begins to greet Sah. “I’m Sunjata. I appreciate the help.” He pauses to glance to the companion, flashing a gentle smile her way, too. “Hello Lilly.” He doesn’t have the ability to talk to them as he once had, but, there was still the majority of himself that had grown used to being an Attuned and the closeness to nature for it. Alongside the help from those gathered, another cart arrives with a gathering of vagabonds, those willing to help out where needed to make the time go faster.

Once all of that is accomplished and the group has settled in, though, Sunjata steps back toward the items brought. “This is the first one to start setting it up. I’ve set up a boundary line already but I think the first step is going to be figuring out where the little settlement is going to be. I’ve marked out where I think these spaces should be in relation to where we’ll get to the farming eventually.” Glancing toward Darkeye and the myriad of carts brought with wood and lumber, he steps over toward it. “We don’t need anything incredibly fancy for the homes. Just the ability to be able to expand on the base should we need it. There’s plans here as well as the amount of lumbar needed for each one. So first things first, let’s all get started on the main frames for the homes and working on a pathway. Each of you will get a group of our helpers here to help out.

He pauses, though, regarding the snow. “I’ll help to dig the trenches for the foundation given it’s still somewhat frozen over.” He steps away a fair amount now, waiting for everyone to get their tasks started, picking their placements from the marked out spaces, and shifts into his dragon form in order to carve through the ice and frozen earth.

First step is framing the houses for the settlement and working on the road/path! Sunjata will initially help everyone dig their trenches for it in his dragon form and then likely fill in from there.

We just need Darkeye, Ophelia, and Sah to pick a space for a house, each will have 4 extra npc hands to help out with the building to make it go quicker!
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Ophelia

Ophelia drifts away more than swans, but they linger on the peripherals of the gathered group like a friendly ghost. Memorizing names, faces, commands. This will surely be a long and grueling event, and Ophelia is grateful anew for their inability to feel truly fatigued. There will be no pulled muscles or sprains to follow them into their sleep as might have happened in their previous life.

A lot of words boil down to “pick a spot”, so Ophelia tunes out the fluff and focuses on exactly that. They wander away to survey the land, using their eye - well-trained from a lifetime as a homesteading farmer - to determine the best spots. Returning, they deposit their information like an eager dog. “The southwest bank has good soil grading and fertility. Best for planting, but good for a home too - it won’t flood or sag under the construction weight.” Awaiting input before taking on the task of the trenches and lumber.

- - -

Ophelia stakes out a good potential spot and brings the information back.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye now sees the gestlallt of Sunjata for the first time and now he is sure what he had seen in the forest was no imagination. He shakes himself and then quickly gets to work. There was time to ask questions later.

He takes his spade and digs a few holes here and there to check the earth and the ground. After that, he sends the people out to dig. It was important that the forge was quickly operational. The building for it could be as simple as possible as Sunjata said. He takes measurements and instructs his helpers to dig the ground inside. He sends one of them to the river to dig pebbles and buckets of white to make the ground even.

Darkeye gets right to work he has a pretty good idea of where his forge should be.

Coding base by Sky

Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Lilly gives a small yip in exchange as Sah nods at the Demi-god, "Good to meet you." The Abandoned shoots Darkeye a quick nod as well, recognizes the cleric from their previous encounters. From there, it's time to work. Leading his group of NPCs, Sah scouts the area.

After a brief moment of searching, the Thunder finds a suitable spot. There's plenty of tree shade but the ground is rich and there are places that seem to be receiving enough sunlight for growing food. Bending down, Sah scrapes through the oddly present snow, digging just a bit beneath the surface. The ground is solid and doesn't appear to be loose or crumbling, strong enough to lay a deep foundation on.  "This spot is suitable", he calls to the others.

With that said, the Abandoned directs his helpers and gets to work on building.

~
Sah finds what appears to be a good spot and gets started building.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ophelia returning with the information of the location grants them a bright smile from Sunjata (before he’s shifted, of course), and its with that that Sunjata follows them over with the group they’re in charge of. “Perhaps a farmhouse can go here, then?” He trusts their word, that if they think it would be a good spot to farm then might as well take advantage of it. So it’s with that in mind that Sunjata shifts to that draconic form, digging the trenches required with some difficulty due to the ice, that they manage to get the ground laid out. And as Sunjata moves on, Ophelia is able to get their team in order to build up the framing and nearly the roof of the space while one of the members moves to mark the farming area it would be responsible for.

Sunjata moves on to help Darkeye next, finding that his group has managed to get the inside dug up pretty well and the frame work already started, that he spends a bit of time working on flattening out the area around it for the pathways required for this particular spot. It goes relatively well as well, without much difficulty in getting the structure up and going while the dwarf also keeps a steady hold on the people he’s in charge of. It gets done quickly, despite any minor setbacks, and things begin to look good.

Sah is able to control his group well as well, and Sunjata meanders over to help them finish up the digging and work on helping balance some of the walls as soon as the framing is in place. And it’s between Sah’s group and Sunjata’s help that his house gets built easily as well, and once his help isn’t needed anymore.

It seems like a decent place to stop for the moment, he gathers them all for a small little food break, with an apology given toward Ophelia. And while they rehydrate and get some sustenance within them, Sunjata scans the area to see just what else they could do. “I think the rest of today should be focused on finishing up these houses and if there’s time left, digging the trenches and getting the framing up on the next few.” And once that was done, the following day they’d be able to work on the more nitty gritty things.

Once the break is over, it’s back at it again – working on finishing up the houses to see just how far they get.

Houses are up and running with walls and frames! Just keep working on them to get the roof on and we’ll get to the other set of houses! :D
the flood
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah nods when Sunjata comes over to help, "Thank you." It's nice to see the house coming along smoothly as everyone works together. Maybe all of his recent endeavors to build towers and repair forts are paying off. Regardless, it's satisfying when all the walls come up and it's time to work on the roof.

The Abandoned channels his telekinesis to aid in getting construction material up to the workers. It might be paranoid to do, overprotective certainly, but that way they only have to worry about getting themselves up and down ladders. Sah could probably catch them if they fell, but still.

~
Sah continues to get the house and roof done, using his mastered telekinesis to get supplies up to the workers.

Telekinesis: Can move large objects.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye gave himself and his helpers a good rest they were hardworking and had done a good job. He also looked after the animals and cared for them as well and gave them a few strokes. He also thought about whether he should build the animals a fence but there was still time. "We are making good progress, if it continues like this, the first people can come here within a week."Sah gets a nod when he sees what he has achieved. But Ophelia impresses him even more because she directly ascended to the care of the people, she did not think of building something for themselves. He had created a level surface with a lot of effort, but that had always been important for a forge. Now the walls and the roof had to be finished. This would still take some time but then one could build a small bedroom as well as a small kitchen. One treats oneself as nothing else. But that was the plan it would be in something larger house. So he goes back to work after the break and hopes that the house would soon stand and he could take care of the houses of the helpers.

Darkeye started to pull the roof beams upwards with the help of a rope hoist and an ox. The animal would get some more food for it.

Coding base by Sky

Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Change author:
Ophelia

Sunjata’s draconic form is a sight to behold, and Ophelia does so plainly while he works at moving the earth. Wondering anew at the gifts of the Gods and their chosen, and distantly ruminating on the unfairness of it all, aware of just how useful any shift could have been on the farm in their youth. But there is more to focus on than old grudges, and the hours tick by with the other workers as they frame and establish the base of the house.

The roof is next, and Ophelia clambers up fearlessly, recalling a youth spent patching holes and leaks in a sad attempt to sleep dry that night. Their skills are barely better now, but the materials they have to work with more than make up for it, not to mention the excess of others hands.

- - -

Ophelia works on the roof with the other NPC workers.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It’s quick work to get the rest of the house complete for everyone involved. Sah’s addition of his telekinesis certainly makes it easier on his group of workers, and before long the roof is on and the house is completed – empty and waiting for whomever chose to claim it.

Darkeye’s work goes well as well, and Sunjata’s impressed by the work between his group of workers and the use of his ox and the rope to get the forge accomplished. All in all, it works out well aside from a few splinters and that one particular ox needing a well deserved rest.

Sunjata chooses to help out Ophelia where needed since it seems like the rest of the group has their respective rounds covered (and truthfully, he feels a bit as though he’s missing out), so he helps lift the heavy materials where needed, able to separate and partition areas until the houses have come to completion.

And lastly, after yet another food break and an apologetic nod to Ophelia, Sunjata’s picked out the placement for another set of houses across the path they created and marked out yesterday. Like it’s own little village taking form, markers are placed in spaces where they can expand and grow while also staying within their respective spots.

Great job everyone.” Sunjata calls out to all of them, a brighter smile on his face. “Now we just repeat it here with this side and we’ll be able to call it done for the time being.” Pride blooms in his chest, as if the warmth of it has washed away some of his disbelief in himself in actually getting it done. But it’s taken shape – and even if the war starts and ruins his timeline of things and the safe haven doesn’t get accomplished, he hopes these homes will still find safety and life within their walls.

I’ve flattened out the land and dug out what we need on these ones already, it’s mostly just the walls and the floors to start.” He steps aside, ready to jump in wherever he’s needed.

Round THREEEE

Rinse and repeat for the next set of houses! Sunjata’s already flattened the ground and dug the trenches needed, all you have to do is get your characters and workers to start working on the walls and floors like before!

No post order <3
the flood
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye gave his people another quiet break they had earned it. while they took a break he planned again how the building should be. He again marked out the basic framework and briefly drew how he wanted it to look. He showed it to one of the people who would make a good foreman and explained to him over lunch what needed to be done.

After the short meal break, they started again and everyone knew what to do. Level the floor as before. Two of the people already started to build the basic framework out of wood and to use thicker logs for the corners. It would not take long, the people worked hand in hand. So it would not take long until the next house stands and in case of need, these four people could do it now without him they knew what to do.

Darkeye starts with his people to the next house.
each for one sin