Training After a long winter
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Winter was over and he knew it was time to visit Deimos again. He wanted to know how his friend was doing and wanted to tell him about the task Frey had given him. He also had his new spear. A spear that was shaped like a branch and had runes as well as animals and plants made of bronze ingearbeitet otherwise the rest was made of iron and was cooled by the lye at work slightly into brownish. The blade was wide as a leaf but sharp as a blade. He had asked that one of his people let him know that he would wait here. He had hoped that Deimos would take the time to observe and evaluate his weapon and, with luck, maybe even do the training fight with him to feel out the quest Frey had given him. So he waited at a cozy fire.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
Outcries of soldiers echoed throughout the barracks, reverberating against stone, as they cheered on their fellow warriors. One spar rotated through the open dais, while the Sword watched from the sidelines, not taking his eyes off glorified motions and spinning tactics, gaze narrowing in speculative study, until a mark was made. There was a tumultuous stirring from the audience, where he snorted, arching a brow, insinuating his instruction to the two settled into their duel. “Too slow on the shift,” he noted to the taller, broader soldier holding his struck side, already bested by the woman resting her sword arm. “Excellent work on the turn,” Deimos noted in passing to her, intending to make further remarks when another sidled up beside him.

A piece of paper extended towards his hand, and with a quick read, he nodded. “Continue,” he motioned to the rest – before turning back down hallways, towards the parlor, where a familiar form waited.

“Darkeye,” he announced with a rumble and arch of his brow, sidling towards the fire himself. But instead of coiling before it in comfort and ease, he ensured it flared higher, into a warm, roaring flame, before tilting his head at the cleric. “What brings you to Halo? I trust everything went well during Deepfrost?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
That was one hell of a performance from the general. Briefly, he was startled by the flare of the flame as well as the voice of Deimos. "Deimos my friend I hope everything went well for you. I am glad that you can spare some time for me despite all your tasks. I hope that the LongNight went by as calmly as it did for me. But I was not idle and I would like to know your opinion about it. If you have the time." He picks up his new spear wrapped in cloth and hands it to Deimos.

The Iron Leaf, as he calls his new spear, is interpreted as a branch with a pointed leaf at the tip. This spear is inscribed with runes in the language of the ancient dwarves that begin just below the blade. There are also animals and fruits carved into the spear which are all highlighted with bronze. The opinion of Deimos regarding the spear is important for Darkeye. He also hoped that he might be able to treainir with him. The spear was heavier than the one Darkeye normally wielded.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
“Deepfrost and LongNight were relatively fine. We had some snow dinosaurs.” He shrugged his shoulders, for while they’d been partially amusing and often destructive, there could’ve been worse things for the Citadel. “Glad to hear yours was much the same.” Then his attention went to the newfound armament Darkeye had managed to procure, not surprised at the cleric’s lack of listlessness.

Settling down in his favored armchair by the fire, the General took the weapon in his hands with a quiet reverence of newfound blades and serrated edges, piercing gaze and calloused palms studying and scrutinizing. Heavier perhaps, weighted down with elements used to combine the forged implement, he took care to study the adornments too – some he’d know from animals and distinctions, but the runes remained foreign to him. Eventually, his head went back up, stare pinpointed for the Grounder instead. “Very nice. Did you make it?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Apparently, in this case, Voice was right. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was surprised. I would have expected an attack. But it was quite some in the Grounds was very tense. But did you just say snow dinosaur? What is that? What do I think it is?"The little man asked with great curiosity. There was no such thing in his world. He thought it was a pity that he had not seen it.

He was pleased that the general took the time to look at his new work."I chose one of the Heralds, and I told Frey what I thought, and she said I should forge this weapon, but there are some conditions, and that's why I'm coming to you. I have to train with this weapon. I could have done this with anyone but I wanted to ask if you had the time. Since I always enjoy the training sessions with you." He says with a big grin on his face and his voice seems very friendly. They were not always of the same opinion, but he counted Deimos as one of the most loyal people in Caido as well as his friends.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Oh, Deimos didn’t believe the Voice had been right. Lucky, perhaps. A mark of coincidence. But he was too suspicious, and had been embroiled in too many hardships caused by the New God, to warrant anything more than a snort about the statement. “Dinosaurs are very interesting… lizards. Some can fly. Some eat meat. Some run through the guildhouse for amusement.” He shrugged once more, the incident come and gone, the windows and proportions repaired by the damage wrought.

The other notions Darkeye set aside were intriguing; having gone to Frey, with conditions hastened in between the metallic ends. “Sure. We can train. I have been working more with spears as well." With that, he rose from the chair, passing the weapon back over to the cleric, before placing his furs along his desk – intending to get them at a later proportion. He wouldn’t be requiring their warmth once they were settled back into movements.

From there, after waiting on Darkeye, he nodded in the inclination of journeying back into the grounds themselves, threading his way through the hall and back out to where the soldiers had continued sparring – though one was flat on the ground. More shouting, more congratulations ensued, and the General shook his head, persisting to where the armaments were stored, and snagging a spear for himself.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
The distrust was also on Darkeye's part. He was anything but enthusiastic about Voice and also found some of her children more than questionable, but he also tried to protect them. Still, Voice was someone he would probably never really trust. She reminded him too much of the rat child. Promising power to people and not making them eat or breathe. But the thought passed when Deimos told him about the dinosaurs. He was two no friend of dragons but these lizards sounded different. "Were there any injured by them or did everything go well? I would like to see one once?" he said honestly.

Darkeye was very happy when Deimos said that. He was already stretching a bit. "I'm glad to hear that but it almost ruins my chances of winning." He said with a touch of humor. He took the spear again and followed with quick steps. He was very excited and still happy that Deimos took the time.

"An interesting troop you have there, Deimos," he said with sincerity, putting down his backpack and stretching again. He still had the wooden sword from Deimos' first training with him stuck to the side of his belt. It looked like he had been training with it. But this time he took both spears in his hands and got ready. He had already done some swings and thrusts with the spear but this time it was a training fight.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
“They were made of memory snow. So perhaps next Deepfrost.” Or if Darkeye managed to find his way into some – figuring there was an amount left amongst the Tundra somewhere. “Only a bite or two – and the guildhouse was adequately repaired.” Most of the citizens seemed to learn to ignore the smaller ones and watch out for the larger, more imposing figures – Halovians known for their survival, their ability to overcome.

Rolling his shoulders, the beast snorted at the statement, but said nothing otherwise. The Sword, despite multitudes of experience and years upon battlefields, always strived to snag more wisdom and sagacity, whether it was through weaponry, movements, or any scholarly designation. Deimos couldn’t be considered complacent.

He stretched his arms and legs as well, eyes flickering over to the soldiers beginning to pick themselves up or milling about the braziers; realizing, perhaps, they’d soon be given a show as well. A lecture yearned to slide from behind his teeth, but instead, he figured concentration would be an asset, and perhaps they’d learn something from watching as well. Taking his spear, assuming a stance, the monolith nodded towards Darkeye. “When you are ready.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
He wanted to see such a creature, but unfortunately, he didn't have the time to look for it. "I'm glad there was no worse damage. There is a forest on the Grounds now, and the trees can talk and move around. But it seems that they are not aggressive. Did you hear about Kings End, it seems like winter won't leave there," he said thoughtfully.

Darkeye rammed both spears into the ground in front of him, it seemed like he wanted to fight with both of them. He let his shoulder crack again. The soldiers were no longer present for Darkeye, it was just him and Deimos here. He always liked this moment before a fight. A curt nod came from him as he already took both spears and ran towards Deimos.

The first strike was aimed at the sword arm of Deimos. While the other spear was thrust into the ground next to Deimos to push him in another direction. It seems that Darkeye wanted to test the range of his spear this time.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Oh, there’d always been a forest amongst the grounds – and the adjoining Greatwood, bristling with wicker women and the like. Deimos nearly laughed at the notion, but the other statement gave him pause. “I have not. But I journeyed to Torchline recently, and they seem to have the same issue.” Bizarre, for the state of a land laden by the warm air and the salty sea.

He left those sentiments behind though for action and movement. Deimos wouldn’t be fighting with two spears, so he found the other one a bit unjust, but would adjust motions appropriately; grant them as a challenge rather than narrowing his eyes suspiciously in the cleric’s direction.

Not to be controlled by anyone, the Sword moved towards the left – fast and swift despite his size, altering away from the second spear notched into the ground, and the strike intended for his arm. He could hear it in the air by his shoulder, and smirked slightly, before turning, attempting to tap his own spear against Darkeye’s ribs.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. The winter just doesn't want to go there. If it is not only in Kings End, then maybe I should look into it. Do you know what could be responsible for something like that?" He asked, personal interest would have to wait. There were more important things. Something or someone was trying to hinder something there, or were there already repercussions for the coming war?

Darkeye had already shown that he was a fighter who liked to experiment and this was best done against stronger opponents. Deimos was perfect for it he did not have to hold back with him. The big man could defeat him with one finger, Darkeye was aware of that. That's why he had to secure every possible advantage.

The grin was returned by the other man. He saw the blow coming and simply let himself slide down. This was the test for the spear. Should it break now, he would have to start again. But rather it happened in a training fight than in a real one. He pushed the other spear into the ground to ram his head into the stomach of Deimos.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
“I do not.” Admittedly, one could presume it was simply another natural phenomenon – a tweak in the weather, due to Frey or Rae, or some other anomaly. “Maybe this has happened before, and someone has documented it.” Likely neither Outlander had lived long enough in Caido to bear witness to such an event – but maybe another had.

Another breath unfurled, calm and composed, frame and figure content with the familiar, beating drums of skirmishes and duels. As Darkeye slid down, the Sword nearly snorted – seeing the ramming head coming towards his gut. In another time or place he might’ve laughed, but instead, took the moment to merely side-step out of the way – quick, a sense of ease complying with his straightening shoulders. From there, he shifted, turning his spear towards Darkeye’s wide, open back.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Is there such a thing as a library where you can look something like that up. I don't think it should be ignored, not before the time of war. Maybe someone here has already taken his first step without us noticing," he said thoughtfully, reaching through his beard. His thoughts circled maybe the goddess of winter? Could they know about something like this?

It was literally a shot in the oven. It couldn't have gone any worse, he now had Deimos at his back and if he let himself fall, he wouldn't be able to dodge. So he took a spear and tried to push away from the ground to the left to avoid the blow or at least not to get the full impact. Maybe he would get enough momentum to counterattack with the other spear.
each for one sin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
“Probably,” he mentioned – knowing how they’d kept a collection of journals amongst the guildhouse. Information and sagacity were beneficial natures, valuable, necessary resources for the world they lived within – especially those of Outlander status. “There is one in the Grounds,” and unaware of the one in Stormbreak, the beast could only conjure the notions of ruins and tomes amongst the fold of Hollowed contortions.

Assaults and sieges waged though, and he had to laugh as the blow filtered and flickered away – his spear hitting the stone as Darkeye maneuvered out of range. A shame, for it would’ve been a worthwhile attack, but ever the unrelenting, persistent fiend, Deimos didn’t cease at other opportunities. The counter-attack was admirable, but his spear caught the opposing armament, and seizing another moment, he twisted his own weapon back towards Darkeye’s shoulder, intending to gauge the reaction.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I