Key Quest that's some bad hat, Harry

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There are times when the unseen can be even more dangerous than what our eyes behold
Out in the desert, just beyond the borders of the Greatwood, the sands jump and tremble. Cacti sit at strange angles, as if something has bumped up against them from deep beneath the ground, and the air seems to ripple with tension as much as with heat.

If one looks closely, one might spy a few fins in the earth, all whizzing in the same direction. Landsharks, and not little ones either. And they look like they're fleeing.

Don't worry, I won't keep you in suspense.

Around the shiver of sharks the sand seems to sink, as if they are being swallowed up into a giant, cavernous hole.

But this hole has teeth, and a maw, and a hulking, slate grey body, and as it writhes free of the desert and snaps around its prize, its size is enough to nearly blot out the burning sun overhead.

Do you know what eats sharks?

Other sharks.

The tremor as the colossal landshark burrows back beneath the earth can be felt for miles around, and although it might be safer to leave this thing the hell alone... it's getting closer and closer to the Greatwood. Who knows what might happen if it gets there.

Welcome to the KQ.

This is a regular old hunt-a-monster KQ and is open to anyone who needs one who can make it to the area! I will base the difficulty on whoever joins.

1. Darkeye
2. Melita
3. Maeve
4. Evie

Please post your characters arriving and taking their first action, and in your summary list whatever non-items they are bringing with them (anything on your profile is automatically assumed to be with you). Items not listed cannot be used later.

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.
Key Quest
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye has heard rumors about such things and the memory of Bastien comes back to his mind that he can't ignore. Even if he should die, he will do it with a smile. He didn't prepare that well this time and just tries to do his part. He has the weapon he forged with Sunjata, the Iron leaf as he calls it. As well as the first aid kit from Isla, even if he thinks that the bite of such a creature won't really help him. He watches the whole thing from a distance and hopes that soon other people will join them so that they can draw up a battle plan. Alone he has no chance here. This time he would not have to play the bait.

----
Dareye brings his Iron leaf as well as the first aid kit from Isla. Also a corked bottle of land shark blood.
each for one sin
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
Why wouldn’t Melita be out in the desert?

The Honeybee was nosey, curious, inquiring, and maybe wanted to see how that seasonal god was doing. Or was incredibly intrigued by rustling noises and rippling motions in the sand, leaving her companions at home while she dillied and dallied about.

All of the reasons above were feasible – but nonetheless, she skirted around several dunes before noting the cacti angled strangely. And possibly a few fins moving away.

Her eyes narrowed, then stared, at…a gigantic beast blocking out the sun, for just a moment -

Visibly reminded of previous encounters with bone monsters here, the youth scurried, grabbing hold of her bow, and wondering, quite possibly, how one might handle a very, very, very large landshark.

Oh, and there was Darkeye!

“Hey!” She hollered – drifting over towards him. “Do you know a way we could get that thing to come back up?” So they could hit it and shit?

--

Melita brings everything listed on her profile, except for the companions.
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It was meant to be just a quick jaunt to the Greatwood. She wasn't planning on staying long. Not at all. Except then there was a tremor that was felt for miles and Maeve can't resist the call of it. With her quiver strapped to her back, a bow in one hand, and her whip on her hip the Nightshade sets off. Her steps swift through the trees as she ducks under the branches. She's not sure what to expect when she breaks through the tree line, but it certainly isn't a giant Landshark. Melita and Darkeye are already there, the honeybee girl yelling out above the rumbling.

"Anyone have any bait?" She calls back, coming up beside her partner in crime, arching a dark brow as she draws her bow from her back to notch an arrow into place. Aidon circles above her, making sure to stay plenty out of reach, but giving them a look from above.

Maeve has everything on her profile and a pack with rope, a few daggers, and first aid supplies as well as her bow and a quiver of arrows.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Evie
Did you ever love her? Do you know?
When one redhead calls, another answers. As it should be, right? Sisterhood!

Evie arrives tousled and grim-browed, summoned from the fringes of the desert by the commotion and presence of others. “I can try and move the earth around it to get its attention,” is her perfunctory response, ignoring the prickle of anxiety and terror at revealing her abilities that fades with every year but never fully dissipates.

Evie is too used to this particular brand of Caido bullshit to bother waiting for someone to agree or take charge. Or for the shark to make the first move. Reaching out with her magic, Evie focuses on fucking the earth up as much as she can around the landshark’s belly and fins - not caring for finesse so much as being a giant pain in the ass to force it to the surface.

- - -

Evie arrives with only herself and a set of throwing knives. She responds to Melita, and uses her Earth magic on the area around the landshark to try and irritate/corral it to the surface.

Earth Manipulation: Can manipulate the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded
Or did you just never want to be alone?

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
There are times when the unseen can be even more dangerous than what our eyes behold
It's quite a calm little gathering until Evie shows up. And, you know, if you want to get something done right and all that... well. Evie does it right.

Granted, with something as large as this landshark (it's about the size of two schoolbuses, or 80ft long to you and I), it's kind of difficult not to get its attention. But even though the Earth Manipulation isn't far reaching enough to get it to surface directly, it shows it where to go.

And so it is that a huge dorsal fin erupts from the sand, cutting through it and coming directly towards the small group.

You did ask for it.

Daddy Landshark 399/399

Your randomly selected post order is:

Darkeye 54/54
Maeve 324/324
Melita 405/405
Evie 80/80

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.

You have 24 HOURS to respond once it becomes your turn.
Key Quest
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye would not know this dame and would actually love to slap her for what she just did. The group could have made a great battle plan but they had to improvise. He had made a promise to a little ghost last time, and it was time to fulfill a promise.
"So much for the battle plan. Everyone run in a different direction he can't chase us all."Darkeye runs in a different direction and calls his little friend from the last hunt back. When he heeds the call.

---

Darkeye runs in one direction and directly uses his Chanel no time to play.
Accepted Channeling: Allows an Accepted to channel a lesser deity during a time of crisis (1x a season)
Type: Light | Rank: Basic
each for one sin
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

It wasn't a bad move in Maeve's mind despite how Darkeye might feel about it. She looks back at Melita, giving the Honeybee girl a nod, "Stay out of reach and give 'em hell!" The Nightshade directs her, pulling an arrow from her quiver and notching it as she activates her Starlight Bangle, hoping it gives her a better chance to hit. Aidon continues to circle from above and she encourages him to dive down, releasing a gout of flame towards the dorsal fin before getting out of range again.

Maeve darts to the right after releasing her arrow, gritting her teeth as she attempts to put some space between her and the charging Landshark.

Maeve shoots at the shark with her normal bow, activates her bangle, and moves out of the way.

Aidon uses his fire breath attack and flies out of reach after attacking.

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Starlight Bangle | When worn, gives the user +2 to a dexterity roll during a PQ+/KQ. One post cool-down.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
Shock, maybe a little awe, flickered into her eyes as she recognized Evie. She might have even conjured a slew of questions for the Evergreen and once-ruler of the Grounds, but –

You know. Daddy landshark and all.

Within a moment it made its appearance again, and the notions of gawking at the massive figure went away when semblances of survival were stronger, more enduring. The youth nodded at Darkeye, at Maeve, grabbing at the nestling of arrows along her quiver. Choosing the ice proportions, she notched it, pulled back the string, and let fly towards the dorsal fin.

And then ran like hell, dodging and launching over to the right.

--

Melita shoots at the landshark with an ice arrow, and then runs to the right.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Evie
Did you ever love her? Do you know?
“Split up if you want, I can’t heal stupidity from a distance,” she calmly retorts as the dwarf goes charging off to play bait for the massive landshark. Turning back to the other two - women, and thank the Gods for it - Evie nods sharply at them before running to the left. Splitting entirely seems ridiculous, but despite her words it’s likely best she stick near the weakest link given her powers. It gives her time to get the warm and fuzzies over the clearly awed look on Melita’s face. Damn it, why’d the two good ones have to pick the same direction?

As she runs she draws out one of her throwing knives, throwing it towards the base of the dorsal fin with both arm strength and telekinesis to avoid having to get closer. As she runs she keeps approximately fifteen feet from Darkeye (so she can help him if need be without having to hear him complain again).

- - - - -

Evie chooses left/vaguely where Darkeye ran but keeps 15ft between them, and uses her throwing knife with a bit of extra Telekinetic oomph behind it to aim for the landshark’s fin.

Telekinesis: Can move small objects in a 5ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic
Or did you just never want to be alone?

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
"Still no please? Not even a hello this time. Gods."

Again, the prim and proper voice echoes somewhere close to Darkeye. "At least there is something to fight this time, I suppose."

It can't be too disappointed at that. Though it does give a sniff of disapproval to the Accepted as it rushes off to do its work.

A spirit attacks Daddy Landshark!

Change author:
You know what? That's a good effort, kids. Apart from Aidon (bless his little dragon heart), all attacks manage to snag at the colossal fin headed your way. Darkeye's spirit friend plays its part, two arrows now protrude from the fin making it look like a terrible rendition of a porcupine, and a knife glances across the rubbery flesh. Well done!

But now it's Daddy's turn.

Around Darkeye and Evie - mostly Evie, actually all Evie - the sand appears to sink and cave in, and oh gods here it comes--

Except, by the skin of her teeth or by some godly intervention (no, it was a NAT 100 dodge, kiddos) it manages to completely evade her as it heaves its mass out of the desert, up and up and up and up...

And Evie looks like she's, er... on it now. Riding it. Shark surfer Evie.

Daddy Landshark 306.5/399

Your randomly selected post order is:

Darkeye 54/54
Maeve 324/324
Melita 405/405
Evie 80/80

You have 24 HOURS to respond once it becomes your turn.
Key Quest
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Hello, I'm sorry old friend, but would you please be so kind as to help me this thing is bigger than the last time?" he yells against the noise and hopes that this Spirit can hear him. He normally had manners and wanted to ask for the name of the ghost last time and thank it for saving him last time, maybe he can do it this time. But now it was important to survive.

Darkeye now has to make sure that Daddy Shark stays on top. He has a bait and grabs it and throws the bottle as good as he can in a different direction than he is running and hopes that the shark stays on top. It was a big risk for Evie to get so close to the shark and he is impressed with how well it worked out. If they keep it up, they might even make it.

Darkeye throws the bottle of land shark blood away from him and hopes that the land shark will "swim" from him away.
each for one sin
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It was pure luck. How exactly Evie managed to avoid being eaten alive (the nat 100 is to thank for that), Maeve really doesn't know. The Gods had to be on their side right now is all that Maeve can think. The Nightshade draws another arrow from her quiver, notching it into place and drawing back the string, taking aim at the dorsal fin that's protruding from the sand. "Safrin, I need you. Please help me kill this thing." The queen prays as she releases the arrow and sends it sailing through the air.

Aidon once more circles above, diving down to make an attack against Daddy Shark, quickly getting out of range after releasing another gout of fire towards the creature.

Maeve shoots Daddy Shark with her normal bow and channels Safrin to help them kill Daddy Shark!

Aidon attacks and gets out of reach.

Accepted Channeling: Allows an Accepted to channel a deity or lesser spirit during a time of crisis (1x a season)
Type: Light | Rank: Upgraded