Don't Shoot the Messenger
Level 3 Item Quest Reward
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Torchline's weirdly chilly Flowerbirth had turned it into a comfortable place for a Halovian to spend a few days. After the brutal cold of Deepfrost Tal was more than happy to linger after delivering Sah's gift to Maeve and do a little sightseeing without sweating his skin off.

And he'd found himself drawn to the sailors' shrine near the sea, remembering his meeting with Remi as he rubbed the shiny arm of the statue for luck.

On impulse he trotted back into the port, returning a little while later with some offerings for the mischievous herald of Mort. He set the little cannon down, and piled its marshmallow ammunition in a carefully arranged pile beside it, finicky in making sure they were stacked just right.

"Um. Ludo? I know I don't usually, uh... do this. Prayers and sh--stuff," he amended hastily. "But since you help out sailors an' my ancestors were sailors I thought... mebbe I could ask for your protection?" He sat back and rubbed at the back of his neck, feeling the sweat prickle under his hairline in spite of the unseasonal chill as he tried very hard not to think about the nightmares he'd gotten the last time he'd seen the god in Torchline.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ludo
"OoOoOo." Sometimes Ludo wafts down from above, and occasionally it pops up swathed around the statue. But today it is simply there beside Tal, a couple of raggy tendrils picking up some marshmallows (knocking over the carefully crafted pile) while a third loads the cannon to pew its ammo into the ocean.

"I like this very much," it informs the Accepted, whilst marshmallow wielding rags feed the sweet treats beneath the ominous porcelain mask.

"Wh'kinda protec'shun y'wan'?" it asks in a voice muffled by marshmallows, looking at Tal expectantly even as it loads up the cannon a second time.

Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The courier jumped and bit his tongue holding back the yelp of surprise when the god appeared out of nowhere next to him. He started to give Ludo an aggrieved look - especially when the marshmallow tower was knocked over - until he remembered that he was dealing with a god.

And one quite capable of giving him more horrible nightmares.

...But also one who appreciated the joy of a good marshmallow cannon. Tal surreptitiously shifted his jaw, wincing at the soreness of his tongue as he gave Ludo a cautious nod, glad he'd picked the right thing. "Um. Thpethifically?" He blinked, finding himself in a little deeper than he'd expected. "Uhh... I mean. Thomething that keepth me from getting hit would be nithe? Or at leatht, not getting hit ath hard." Not everyone was happy with the packages they were sent, after all, and sometimes they took it out on him when they didn't have the sender in reach.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ludo
Still feeding marshmallows beneath its mask (and firing another one off into the ocean where it lands with a satisfying plop), Ludo slowly turns to look at Tal. It tilts its head this way and that, as if wondering why the mortal has suddenly decided to talk in such a silly way.

"I can do that. Thtop you getting hit tho hard," it clarifies, unashamedly mimicking Tal's bitten-tongue-pronounciation. "But to do thith, I will need thertain itemth. And you will need to practith not being tho thquishy."

Er, Tal has received a quest?

He must:

1. Complete a training thread focusing on defence
2. Complete a thread encountering a Fyrhund and obtaining some of its rock-like armour plating
3. Complete a thread obtaining a skull from a Penolaeth
4. Complete a thread collecting snow moss

Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal squinted at the masked god uncertainly, suspicious that he was being made fun of - okay, certain of it - but pretty sure he didn't want to look a gift-Ludo (or a Ludo-gift) in the mouth.

That seemed like a great way to lose an eyeball. Or worse.

"I'm leth thqui--squishy," he tried again, wincing as his tongue protested, "than I wath but... okay, yeah, you've got a point." The courier deflated a little at how far he had to go, but he figured he knew exactly who he could ask for help and perked up. "I'll figure out the other thtuff ath I go. Thankth, Ludo!"

Maybe he could find one of those iced drinks with the little umbrellas to soothe his tongue before he got to work...

~Fin!~