Personal Quest [se] we heard the augur
Seasonal Event: Gathering Supplies for War PQ
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos

Halo wasn’t known for its lulls – no listless whims, no capricious, languid haze. The citizens were committed factions; knowing, understanding, comprehending what it meant to survive. And with war brimming and brewing on the horizon, the General took to means and ends as well.

There were a number of things to stockpile, and without knowing when or where the ensuing depths would occur, the Sword intended to ensure the mountains and their people were up to par, or at least, prepared with rations, necessities, and armaments. He’d already given notice towards those at the market, to the hunters and gatherers, and to anyone else interested in assisting with the work.

Standing beside the Barracks threshold, underneath spring, midday awnings, he checked over his list again, writing down any other particulars coiling within his constantly calculating mind. Now all he needed were the others willing and able to aid the notions, and they could be on their way.

--

This is a Seasonal Event PQ to gather supplies for the upcoming war! Bring your chars in and we’ll get cracking!

1. Deimos
2. Talyson
3. Evie
4. Sah
we exhume our enemy's bones
we are battling, hungry beasts
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
If war supplies needed transporting, a courier was just the man for the job. Tal showed up with Boreal in tow and a four-dog sled; there was a spring in his step as he set the brake and sauntered over the crisp snow of Flowerbirth. The dragon crooned a greeting to some of the soldiers before making a heavy jump to the roof of the barracks, assisted by broad wings. She made herself comfortable, watching over all those coming and going like a statue of living ice while below her Tal waved a greeting and shot Deimos a cheeky grin.

"Hey, General. Where am I takin' stuff today?" Blades, arrows, shields, it was all the same to him. Just cargo to be delivered to its most useful destination around the Citadel in case the citizens needed to take up arms in the War to come.

Tal arrives with everything on his profile, a dogsled, and his companion!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie

The Barracks are becoming more familiar to Evie with each passing day. They’re where Deimos practically lives after all; and Evie is not ashamed to say she shadows him nearly every other day, craving his company that so fully chases away the loneliness. It means he gets to kick her ass in training, of course, but it’s a price she’s willing to pay. The news of the event is given to her directly, and for all Deimos has done for her she doesn’t even consider saying no.

The other man is a stranger, which is no surprise. Evie arrives with only herself. Confident in Deimos’ over-preparative personality and her own magic. Too well-trained in manners to ignore the younger man, she smiles his way and nods in greeting before turning to the General. “You owe me a spa day if you’re going to keep making me wake up sore from all this work,” she teases, forgoing those previous manners like they’d never existed as her smile turns cheeky. Arms folding, she cocks a hip and waits for orders.

- - -

Pre-KQ. Evie brings…nothing. :’D
the difference between a garden and a graveyard
is what we choose to put in the soil
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah arrives with Lilly in tow, "Hey everyone." The Thunder is tired from a long night of brooding and contemplations, and he stifles a yawn as he speaks. Lilly runs up to Boreal and drops into a play bow without warning. The wolf has enough energy for her and her bonded today and is determined to befriend the dragon once and for all.

Sah simply shakes his head and moves to join the others. "What's first on the list?" Better they start now before Lilly decides that today is a day for play and not work. Last time the wolf got into such a mood, Sah ended up having to chase her all over the Wilds before she was done and ready to go home.

~
Sah arrives with everything on his profile and Lilly.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos

Arrivals upon arrivals lent amusements in different arrays, greeting Talyson with a nod, content with the enthusiasm. “We need to get the supplies first,” pausing for a moment as Evie started gliding in. “I figured we could place them in either the Council Hall or the Barracks,” whichever amounted to more storage.

The Abandoned earned herself a suitable eyeroll, snort, and gesture of put-upon sighs. “I do not recall you complaining last night,” as explosions of incantations rippled through training grounds, magic tossed and ignited as they escalated in ridiculous factions; reminiscent of times before. The air of some deliberation lit his features in the lightest of Cheshire grins though, tilting his head to rumble a low whisper near crimson locks. “I doubt Ru would care if we broke in.” Noting it in the back of his mind for future antics.

Sah’s entrance gave way to another nod of his cranium, though his narrowed eyes pinpointed the yawn. Making no mention of it, other than contemplation, the Sword realized there’d been a lack of introductions. Once Sah had finished, the General persisted, jutting his jaw towards each in turn. “Evie intends to become an apothecarist here. Sah is our advisor, Talyson a courier.”

With that done, he glanced down at his list of notations, and tried, with great difficulty, not to laugh at the sudden swell of mischievous conjuring. The machinations turned and twisted into further juvenile reasoning – perhaps to ensure some others got along. Maybe to test. Possibly to torment. Probably all of that at once.

His explanations started lightly, nothing presumptuous. “Gathering supplies will be the largest component today – adequate means of food that can last for a long period of time, and weapons, means of defense.” And while Deimos could make quite a few of them, relying on him to sit for hours a day carving out shields, axes, and armor was a bit ridiculous.

Thereafter, the lightest smirk settled in the corner of his mouth. “Sah and Talyson, if you can find a way to cooperate, you may go haggle with the shopkeepers for food. I have given them warnings that we would be by today.” A pause, allowing that moment and direction to soak in. “Evie and I will go snag some weapons.”

Self-assured that this would go swimmingly, and mostly for his own amusements, the Sword permitted them to wander off.

--

Haggle with shopkeepers and gather supplies! Success will be determined by dice roll, items offered to barter with NPCs, and negotiating capabilities!

No post order! NPC choices are as follows:

- Mrs. Knotwise (the name rings true; but she can prepare many dishes)
- Mr. Took (butcherer; very grumpy)
- Ms. Lothran (maker of fine armor, very quiet/meek)
- The Banks family (excellent weapon masters, but known for their high prices)
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Tal nodded warily to the redhead in return, looking from her to Deimos uncertainly-- until she spoke and his brows went up a little. They went up even higher at Deimos's reply and the courier swallowed hard, looking around desperately for a distraction from a very uncomfortable conversation where Deimos was-- and this woman was--

Which arrived in the form of Sah, and Tal had never been so glad to see him, even if he hid his relief in a scowl. He quickly ambled over to offer Lilly a dried moosemeat treat as Boreal uncurled from the roof and hopped down to investigate the wolf, stretching her blunt muzzle towards her to sniff a curious greeting.

He bobbed his head awkwardly at Evie without meeting her eyes when introductions were made, quickly turning back to the animals until the General's plans for the day rang out and he shot a mildly horrified look at Deimos; though at least he swallowed the immediate protest with a wrinkled nose. "Uh... I guess he can tag along," the courier agreed with ill grace and a heavy sigh. "C'mon, Jester. Let's get Took over with first. Got anything to trade with?"

Keeping the sled to a walking pace, Tal led the way to the butcher's shop and scuffed in, taking off his hat and scarf as he looked around for the owner of the establishment.

Tal leads the way to Took's butcher shop!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie

All overtures of the afternoon being boring vanish beneath the heat of mischief in Deimos’ eyes as they turn to her, smirk settling on his face. She can feel herself shift inside, perking up and paying attention well before he delivers the insinuation. It’s infinitely difficult not to blush or laugh, but the game is on - at the expense of the other two men present - and Evie isn’t going to give up the goose that easy. Especially with how hilarious Talyson’s expression is even when viewed from her peripheral vision.

Already close enough to the General, she lets her own expression sharpen into something vixenlike, auburn lashes lowering over expressive blues that never waver from Deimos’ own. “I was a little too out of breath to complain in the moment,” she purrs, knowing he will see the impish glint in her eyes where the other two cannot. It’s not even a falsehood, though it’s intentionally misleading; their training had left her breathing hard, red-cheeked and with fiery hair escaping from her bun by the end of it.

As he angles closer, she tilts higher to meet him, and her expression becomes wildly gleeful as his undertone meets her ears. Of course she knew Ru, given they’d lived in the same land and were both close with Deimos, and she knows with certainty that Deimos could weasel forgiveness out of the Valkyrie within an hour regardless of the breadth of their antics in the spa. “Oh we must, she insists in a whisper, sibilant and eager. It’s surely going to be the only thing on her mind as they get to work now; already she is having to force herself to focus on the names and professions being presented to her. Lifting a hand she wiggles her fingers in charming greeting at Sah. Stifling a giggle at Tal’s refusal to meet her eyes by biting into her lower lip even as her grin was plainly obvious around it.

Deimos’ wording - and Tal’s ill-concealed disgruntlement in his response - speaks of even further mischief, and a history she’s dying to know. But she waits until the two men wander off together before she turns to Deimos, eyes like spring water reflecting the light of her amusement. “I’m dying to know the story there,” she admits through the laughter that finally springs through as she leads them towards the smiths, “but mostly I’m just hoping whatever happens will go down in earshot of us.” If they didn’t get to revel in the chaos he orchestrated, would it even be worth it?

Of course there’s still a job to do, but Evie is not daunted by haggling. “I’ve shopped from the Banks before, I think we should tackle them first given their bartering is so tough. Leverage your position and what I can barter together to get a better deal.” She doesn’t have her tinctures on hand, but she always keeps a small list of her current stock, which she pulls out to double check as they amble onward. Once they arrive she nudges Deimos to start checking which weapons he wants to obtain, trusting his eye for their quality while she opens up the bartering with the generalities of what she can offer. “If you want something special ordered not on the list, I’m willing to do that as well.” And if they won’t take the bait for her salves and such, she has further aces up her sleeve; but only if they force her to use them. No sense in going in offering too much.

- - -

Evie barters with the Banks while encouraging Deimos to check the quality and selection for what they need.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
For once Sah is in agreement with Tal, sending the courier an equally confused and slightly weirded-out look. Seeing Deimos flirting, even if he's half convinced it's all in jest, is weird. Still, he gives Evie a nod in greeting, even as he raises a brow at whatever that gesture was.

Sah nods at Tal, nudging the courier with his shoulder playfully as he walks past, "Of course Errand Boy. Let's go." As they near the butcher's, Sah stops by his house to pick up some choice furs. "These should work."

Entering the butcher's with Lilly waiting outside, he places them on the counter. "Morning. How much meat would you estimate these are worth? Dried or fresh works."

~
Sah stops by his house on the way to grab furs. He offers them to Mr. Took and asks how much meat they can trade them for. The furs are 1 ursur and 2 arctic foxes.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

The looks were well worth the jesting, and he refrained from open laughter until the others were out of sight – permitting it to echo lightly as he snagged at their own sled, Belial seated in it just to be obnoxious. Future mischief planned, and some current, as his eyes trailed after advisor and courier, he remarked with a shrug of his shoulders. “They do not get along, for one reason or another. It gets obnoxious when you are in the middle of a hunt though.” And dangerous, for everyone involved.

The Sword tucked away the inward groan, only wrinkling his nose into some manner of petulance at the thought of dealing with the Banks. Not that they didn’t get along – both of their positions in Halo were respected – but he didn’t want the prices gouged. “I can create most of what they would want anyway. Hopefully they will not be an issue.”

But as they rounded along corners and came to the shop entrance, the General sent the peryton off, lowering his tones to a conspiring whisper for Evie’s ears alone. “I can have him track them for a bit.” Be another set of eyes and ears, along with any notions of mishaps along the way.

The Banks gave them sharp looks as soon as they entered, but a singular arch of his brow seemed to dismay anything incriminating. Wife, husband, and eldest child roamed forward towards Evie, glancing at her wares while he perused. ”What do you have for antidotes? My lad here,” and the Bank matriarch patted her son dutifully on the head, as if he were five, ”is venturing towards the swamp soon, and I’ve heard about those nasty, poisonous creatures there.”

He could hear bargaining back and forth, and snagged at a few pieces of armor he hadn’t utilized before, along with a number of smaller implements and instruments. By the time he’d returned with his arms full, arrangements seemed to have been made - including some contortions and creations of the Sword's own. Transactions completed, they could walk out of the store – his features rendered pleasantly surprised. “That went well,” as he placed the weaponry back into the sled, noting the other pair’s whereabouts via the flying, carnivorous deer. “Lothran next. Do not scare her.”

--

Down the street, Talyson and Sah had their own merits. The courier, likely due to his Natural status and delivery stature, was already known by Mr. Took. Whether this was good or bad was difficult to tell, due to the man’s furrowed brow and cantankerous outlook. ”You deliver my package yet?” came on a relative sneer towards Tal, ignoring the Advisor for the moment, before turning his large expanse behind the counter abruptly.

Perusal flickered downwards at the offered furs. ”Like the ursur,” pointing it out, as if Sah couldn’t tell the difference between the pair of animals. ”Don’t need the fox.” He paused again, crunching some facts and figures on a notepad with quick, efficient strokes of charcoal, before flickering his attention back to the courier. ”Can you get about fifteen of the dried stuff,” and he jerked his thumb at jerky hanging nearby.

--

Deimos and Evie have (due to some high rolls) successfully snagged weapons and armor from their first stop.

Sah and Talyson will be allowed to haggle the price, make a counter-offer, etc. to Mr. Took.

No post order!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal scowled automatically as his shoulder was bumped, and bumped Sah back so they jostled like two young bucks in Leafchange heading out the door. He at least waited for the Advisor while pelts were obtained and the companions chased each other around in the snow. Raised alongside the sled dogs, Boreal was familiar with canine mannerisms and enjoyed the chance to play with someone new; carefully keeping her wings folded tight to avoid injury to herself or Lilly.

The butcher's 'greeting' earned a roll of Tal's eyes towards Sah when Mr. Took wasn't looking, but his voice was firmly courteous in the pursuit of his vocation. "Yessir. Two days ago," he assured his customer before trailing over to see how Sah's efforts would go.

About as well as he'd expected, given Took's grumpiness. The courier elbowed Sah's ribs surreptitiously as he stepped forward. "Thirty," he shot back immediately at the lowball. "An' I'll throw in a blanket five percent discount at Seawright's Sundries for the rest of the season." Mallory would take it out of his hide, but he could use Deimos's name to smooth things over with her. Dierdre would just be annoyed to see more of Took, but she'd forgive him eventually.

Tal counters for 30 stacks (chunks? pounds? pieces?) of dried meat and throws in a discount at his family's general goods store.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah has to resist a smirk at Tal's 'yessir', finding it hard to process Tal being respectful. But he makes no outward indication of his amusement and instead lets the courier the negotiation. Jumping straight to double catches the advisor mildly off guard. But it's a good opportunity.

As such, when Tal falls silent, Sah speaks up. "30. For the discount and the ursur fur. And you can keep the foxes too if you like. You might not need them, but I know that Ms. Laino's a fan of them. And her berries are likely just about ready to harvest. I'm sure she'd be happy to trade you for some." Fresh fruit in Halo could be hard to come by. Hopefully Mr. Took would be tempted with that.

~
Sah backs Tal's counteroffer and also mentions that Mr. Took can take the foxes anyway. Since anther NPC grows excellent berries and loves fox pelts.
Sah
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie

They both blessedly manage to hold out until the odd pair have left earshot, and then her own laughter is joining his own, eyes bright with mirth as they walk side-by-side to their sled. Though her lips purse at the notion - or rather, the confirmation given his wording - that their antics were not so easily reigned in. It makes the idea of spying seem intentional, a good excuse instead of the mischief she knows it is when it’s whispered past the veil of crimson tresses into her ear. Turning her cheek to smirk sideways at Deimos, she nods her approval. “You’ll have to tell me what he sees, I hate to be left out.” Her eagerness to know perhaps makes her a swifter and less accommodating haggler, but the Banks are equally difficult, so it seems to work out in the end. Evie leaves with a tally of their requested antidotes (perhaps she’ll send Talyson to deliver them even) and satisfaction in the broad cut of her shoulders.

Deimos’ warning is appreciated, as Evie hasn’t bartered with Lothran before as she had with the Banks. “Hopefully our luck holds. How are the terror twins doing?” She grins while she has the chance, because she makes sure to temper it down into a soft and comely smile as they reach Lothran’s stall. The same she uses on sickly patients and children. “Good morning, Lothran. If I could take a moment of your time? General Deimos and I are looking for some quality armor, and we know you have the best around. I’d also like to introduce myself and what I can offer.” Which she is already preparing to list given Lothran’s reply, tailored to the seller’s demeanor; soothing tea blends, calming aromatics, and of course good balm for working hands; Evie would never discredit the armorer’s skill, even if they are the anxious sort.

- - -

Evie gently introduces herself to Lothran before attempting to barter, being more generous since they saved more with the Banks.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

Belial prided himself on being an excellent spy (when he wasn’t too exuberant, or being obnoxious), so following after Talyson and Sah was an amusing act for the peryton. He’d caught them as they entered the shop, and nestled himself along the outcropping of the butcher’s shop, invisible, only flicking an ear from time to time to catch the latest musings.

So Deimos could hear the grumblings and the low offers being extended, shaking his head as they made their way down the street. “Took is giving them a hard time,” and he had to resist the inevitable thought of rescuing and bombarding – they’d have to figure it out for themselves. “If it gets any worse, we can liberate them,” but they had to be permitted, allowed, to make their mistakes, swim amongst the confusion and bewilderment first.

He had to alter his notions thereafter too; a less intimidating stature as he ducked his head into the stall. Evie took to Ms. Lothran quickly though, while his sharp eyes glanced over the armor. More than once he grinned at the array of goods – finely established metal, worked properly and handled with pride, care, tilting his head over his shoulder to extend his compliments to the woman. “These are excellent,” and he pointed to some bracers, inevitably snagging those to add to their impending collection.

The meek individual practically squeaked at both of them being present, blushing and raising her hands immediately ”Oh, thank you. Um…they did take some time. Let me see though…,” and her soft voice drifted off as she perused Evie’s list of teas and aromatics, balm for the hands…immediately tempted as the General didn’t bother hiding his admiration for a few other shields. She still took her time, however, as she probably did in all aspects of life, hesitant and uncertain. ”These blends sound nice…,” and by the end of it, the Sword and the Evergreen had gathered their necessary materials.

--

Mr. Took was a difficult man to bargain with. While some might’ve called him a giant pain in the ass, others knew the quality of his products, and that he was simply an obstacle to snag at great goods.

His brow furrowed, the grumpy set of his demeanor unchanged. He could've agreed to Talyson’s terms, by the sheer pluck of the youth, but then Sah would say something about berries and he’d continue scowling. ”Don’t want no berries, and Laino can figure it out herself. And I don’t need to make any other trades.” Extra work was not par for Tooks’ course. His glare went to Sah once more, perhaps trying to instigate or agitate. One never really knew. But probably.

Eyes inspected the ursur pelts again, as if that was the only thing keeping him occupied. Another lowball offer ensued, if only to be that stereotypical curmudgeon. “Twenty, with the blanket discount.”

--

Deimos and Evie have acquired their goods from Ms. Lothran and can now go find a place to store the weaponry (either the barracks or Council Hall).

Mr. Took is not giving the boys an easy time, and Sah and Talyson have been given another low offer. Do they take it? Try again? Go to the next place (Mrs. Knotwise) for better options?

No post order!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal held his breath - and his groan - when Sah stepped forward, completely ignoring the earlier elbow.

Or at least pretending to.

And Mr. Took reacted like, well, Took.

The courier snagged the offending fox pelts and slid them back, shoving them towards Sah's arms with a warning look. Then he pasted a forced grin on his face and squared up with Took again. "Seven percent on the discount for twenty-five," he counter-counter-offered. "An'... next two deliveries free, if y'make it thirty." He managed to get the offer out, but it looked like it physically pained him.

But they all had to make sacrifices for the War effort, right?

Tal bumps the discount up to 7% for 25 meats... and adds an additional two free deliveries if Took makes it 30.