let's be alone together
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
you've long seen your downfall, spelled out in another's bones
I'm taking you away somewhere.

That had been Ronin's vow to Remi at the beginning of Flowerbirth, when the sun rose at last over the longest night, and Vai was still gone. Since then - since the meeting at Torchline with Sunjata (ew) and Vai's funeral (gods) he'd been true to his word, and as the morning sun rises over the Mistbanks and penetrates the dreamlike fog, it will fall on a quaint and colourful little tent.

The fabric doors have been tied open so the fresh breeze can circulate within, and just outside a cookfire is giving heat to a stewpot, letting whatever breakfast within simmer and bubble. For his part, Ronin is sitting up in the mess of furs and blankets that have provided them ample space to sleep, having shifted to seat himself behind Remi - even if it means propping up a sleepy and reluctant alchemist.

"I used to do this to Aoife's hair, when she'd sit still long enough," he's murmuring softly into the other man's ear, even as his fingers carefully wend through Remi's curls, adding errant feathers and beads into the braid he's placing there. Once he's done, it's with a smiling kiss to the Lullaby's shoulder that he tries to tug them back into the nest they've made, reluctant to get up even if the sun is beckoning them.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i wish i could say that i am a light that never goes out
Sleep always comes easily to those with power over dreams; so Remi has avoided the sleeplessness that so often clings to grief. Even so, he hasn't been well-rested in days and to say that he's been irritable is a laughable understatement. Were anyone but Ronin have tried to suggest getting away, Remi likely wouldn't have even bothered with a response. Precisely because it was his husband, Remi reluctantly agreed; not because he wanted to, but because the thought of putting up an argument was simply too much effort to even conceive of.

In the mornings, Remi is certainly more lion than man, and so it will be with grumbly agreement that Ronin is able to manipulate Remi's head into his lap. Aoife breathes live into Remi's hostile mind, both soothing and irritating the emotional wounds that he couldn't help but pick at. "She never did like to sit still for things like that." The alchemist quietly agrees, shifting so that he's less of a leaden weight in Ronin's lap. "Are the feathers from anyone I know?" He wonders, squinting slightly as if he might somehow see around his own head to identify just what (or who) Ronin has added to the braid.
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Table and Gif sniping by SKY who is eternally the best forever
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"But she did always love the braid when it was finished," Ronin says with a small smirk at the memory, having settled to lay back amongst the furs now, though his fingers still tease through the alchemist's curls and down along his jawline.

"Fiadh was kind enough to donate some," he says of the feathers, smirking as he glances over the tell-tale colourings of a red kite. "By donate, obviously I mean I caught her sneaking around trying to pilfer food, and I snagged a handful of feathers as she flew off." They'd feed her if only she knocked directly, but Ronin suspects she enjoys the game of cat and mouse (or dragon and bird, as it happens).

Inhaling deeply and letting the breath go such that he can sink fully into their makeshift bed, his eyes close to enjoy the relative silence, however much tension grief might bring with it.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The warmth of the furs is broken only by the shiver that Ronin's fingers cause to trickle down Remi's spine. Nuzzling in closer, he narrows his eyes for a moment, before deciding that Fiadh's feathers didn't bother him. "If you make anything a game, she is going to want to play it." He agrees, grinning. Demigods though they were, if anyone was crafty enough to give either of them a run for their money, it was probably Fiadh.

"Thank you for making me come out here." Remi murmurs, waiting until Ronin's body had fully relaxed so that he might drape an arm and leg over the Huntsman. "I needed it and knew I did, but I..." Trailing off and frowning, (not that Ronin would see it, though he'd likely feel the shape of Remi's lips against his skin), the alchemist can only sigh. "..I did not care enough to try and make myself feel better." It was silly at this point to wonder whether or not Ronin would understand—the pair had been through too much both on their own and together—for them to be anything but on the same page in moments like this.

Tracing patterns only he could see across Ronin's skin, Remi blows slightly so that the hair on his husband's chest would waver like strange seaweed. "Any word on the relic in Stormbreak?"
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
He smiles to feel Remi drape himself over him, reaching out to slip an arm around him and keep him close. "It's true," he agrees of Fiadh, scoffing and letting his fingers trace gentle patterns over the Lullaby's shoulders. "I wonder if I could make a game where she ended up cleaning the houseboat..." Certainly a thought for the future, if nothing else.

Unable to see the alchemist's face but all too easily able to imagine his expression, Ronin tilts his head to press a kiss against unruly, feathery curls. "You're welcome," he says warmly. "Luckily for you, I care a lot about making you feel better, so you didn't have to worry about it."

Shifting enough that he can tangle his limbs up with Remi, the Huntsman huffs out a sigh against his skin and shakes his head. "We have checked around the Temple and the Celestine, but nothing so far. I've also been keeping an eye out around the city while I'm doing other things, but wherever it is, it doesn't want to show itself."
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Snorting at the thought, Remi too wonders if Ronin could come up with such a thing. "No doubt if you did, she would somehow just trick Mateo into doing it for her."

Raising his neck from his husband's chest so that it—and his upper spine—might crackle their own good mornings, Remi twists so that he can press a soft kiss against Ronin's lips. "It is indeed very lucky for me." He agrees in a low and adoring voice, not minding at all their combined morning breath or the tickle of unshaved lips.

Sinking back down, Remi yawns and lazily nods. "Maybe that is a sign in and of itself. The other relics were in or around living and angry things. Maybe this relic is like the Prince and it has to choose who it appears to." That or it was all just bad luck. Both seemed equally likely. "Let me know if you want help looking. It has been a while since I have been back in Stormbreak. And—" Unable to hide the colourfully confused swirl of his emotions, Remi just sighs. "—I hear Finn has come back."
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Gods, that's a good point. Maybe I'd be better off just leaving chores out to do and see if they trick each other into doing them," Ronin considers, wrinkling his nose a bit. Grinning to see Remi arch up towards him - even with the good morning crackles - the Huntsman melts into the kiss pressed against his lips. There's peppermint bark and coffee if they're really worried about the state of themselves in the morning, but it doesn't seem to have stopped them yet.

"You mean it has to pick a chosen one?" Ronin chuckles, shaking his head and seeming unable to imagine a relic being so fussy. But then again it is Stormbreak. "I will let you know," he confirms, only to raise an eyebrow at the mention of Finn being back. "I didn't know that," he admits, though at whatever colourful pulse of emotion Remi wants to feel about it, Ronin plans to stifle it by rolling over to drape himself over his husband.

"Did you want to go and see him?" he wonders, a mischievous glint to his eyes.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Sure, why not." Remi says with a casual shrug. "Maybe it is a pair of shoes and only the right size foot can be its wielder." He continues, grinning. "Have you tried on any shoes lately? Or gloves? Hats?" The alchemist tilts his head, looking suddenly quite boyish. "Perhaps that is why you have not found it."

Opening his mouth to say something about how Mateo only mentioned it in passing, Remi finds the air knocked out of his lungs as Ronin rolls atop him. Heaving out a breath as if the Huntsman's weight was nearly unbearable, the alchemist settles a touch uneasily. ".....no I do not think I do." Nor did he really want to talk about Finn with Ronin perched over him. Once perhaps, but that part of him had been erased with memories of a certain pebble-blue-eyed blonde. "Maybe Finn is the relic." Remi suggests playfully, leaning up to snap his teeth playfully at Ronin's chin. "Or October. Having a doctor as a relic would be quite helpful I think."
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Shifting to hold himself in a plank that feels all too easy, Ronin squirms back just a little as his chin is unceremoniously snapped at. "You know, I haven't. Perhaps I ought to. You can come to Stormbreak with me and we can go shopping. I bet there's a hat in an old boutique, and that's the relic we're looking for." Smiling, he leans in to gently brush his nose against Remi's. "It would be useful," he agrees with a soft nod. "Not sure Finn would be quite as good, but a doctor for sure."

Gods, but relics seem so pointless when it comes to the colour of his husband's eyes, and the way the morning light catches on his skin. Lowering himself enough to catch the Lullaby's lips in a kiss, it's suddenly difficult to remember what they were talking about. He gets there in the end, though. "You'd be a better relic than all of them," he informs Remi.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Moaning a note of deep and inconsolable dissatisfaction as Ronin holds himself aloft, tentacles slink out from Remi's mostly-naked body, concealed (for now) by the furs. "Is it too late to suggest that maybe the relic is a book? Or a fishing pole?" The alchemist wonders with a crooked snarl. The idea of trying on hats and shoes sounded utterly horrifying, but then, Ronin was the sort who could make any outing memorable and fun. Such was the Huntsman's charm.

"mmmm." Remi hums, straining to lift himself up that the brush against his nose might become more. As it happens, it does, and all thoughts of hats and Ronin's toes shoved into delicate woman's shoes are utterly extinguished. Now his tentacles do slurp out from beneath the sheets, coiling around Ronin's torso and the back of his thighs. Either Ronin would shiver away from them, or Remi would play the part of boa constrictor and increase the pressure until the Huntsman was helpless to do anything but collapse.

"But only in the right hands." The alchemist adds as he shrugs his arms out of the blankets to wrap them around his husband's back.
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Fishing pole yes, book absolutely not," Ronin mumbles, the Huntsman smiling and arching an eyebrow as he feels the telltale and ominous shift beneath the blankets, knowing by now what it means. And when the tentacles do slorp out to sneak around him, he doesn't shiver or cringe away. He has warned his husband enough that if he keeps teasing him then he might well end up with a tentacle fetish, and whilst it's more likely that he just has a Remi fetish at this point, it still stands.

Regardless, sinking his full weight down onto the other man, slowly and gently though it might be, he can't help but hum an indulgent moan against Remi's lips. "What kind of hands are the right ones?" he wants to know, though he's already sealing the Lullaby's lips with another kiss, relishing the feel of their bodies pressed together.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The point might stand, but what is Remi supposed to do when the most handsome man in all of Caido is just mere inches away? Use his hands? His words? Be serious.

Echoed right back, it's with a sigh into Ronin's mouth that Remi luxuriates in the familiar body pressing against his. Excited and delighted just as if it were the first time, Remi inhales a sharp breath as Ronin pulls away ever so slightly to speak. "I suppose that all depends what sort of things you want to use me for." Remi murmurs slyly. Letting his tentacles disappear that it might just be his fingers pressing their way down the familiar pathways of his husband's spine, Remi's fingers become surprisingly feathered as they rove and wander.

"Imagine having a relic that just made everyone fall to their knees lusting after one another." Had Frey's relic been found? Gods, his mind was so fuzzy with thoughts of blue eyes and roguish smiles he couldn't even recall.
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
You know exactly what kind of things I would use you for, Ronin purrs through the Attuned bond, his tongue and lips far too busy to be bothered with real words. As their bodies align, as they have done so many times before, it's still just as difficult to think straight or to immediately know where to put his hands. With a flail of an arm, Ronin kicks off the furs and blankets that they might lounge in them rather than be suffocated by them, before returning his attentions to the Lullaby.

Isn't that just Frey? They could just appear on any battlefield and we'd all just... This, basically, Ronin snatching in a sip of air as Remi's hands (just hands, he notices belatedly) continue to roam across his skin. Heat plumes straight south, and though both men could be considered passionate (aka feral) at the best of times, today Ronin never strays beyond slow and gentle, shifting just enough that he might be able to get out of his underwear.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
And yet rarely are those things murdery. Remi points out; were he a relic, surely the Huntsman would have to use him for his intended purpose at least once. Wait... He thinks, before the warmth and texture of Ronin's tongue threatens to erase the thought entirely. ...put that way, it does feel like we are relics. Only we are welded by the heralds. No?

Cool jungle air rushes to cling to their exposed skin as Ronin shoves away their covers. Grumbling something that is halfway between a protest and a purr of excitement, Remi also shivers himself out of his underwear (belatedly wondering why they even bothered to go to bed dressed).

Maybe that is what the war will really be like. The alchemist suggests as his tongue swirls symbols against Ronin's. With feather-light precision, his fingertips and palms press against the two nodes at the base of the Huntsman's spine, vaguely mirroring the patterns being created between their lips.
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI