hand over hand
Sunjata!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
ISLA

It's some time after the meeting in Torchline when Isla approaches the VlamVloed. It's early evening; late enough that even if Sunjata has slept in, she's hopeful that he'll be awake by now. And indeed, the bar is more active than Isla remembers, but that's likely thanks to the fair haired hybrid behind the counter. Only giving Neron a small nod in greeting, she moves to take a seat far away from the fireplace, sitting at a table bathed in cool blue hues.

Whether Jata is at home or not is irrelevant - Isla has taken care of all of her responsbilities for the day, and so she's content to wait until he returns. With so much on his plate, she'd not be surprised to find him out and about. And if it transpires that he's in King's End, as he's said, it should be easy enough to get a portal there.
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
'cause we might as well be blind,
if seeing is believing, this parable's misleading
It’s perfect timing, really. He isn’t in the VlamVloed at the moment, but he is still in the Grounds for the time being, strapping up more material into carts that he can take to King’s End for the next stage of work. He gets the letter, though, and abandons the plans to a few helpers who have offered to load the cart alongside him. And it’s with that, with a bit of dirt on his hands and along his cheek from loading up bundles of wood, Sunjata steps through the doors of the VlamVloed not incredibly long after she’d sent word.

A smile of greeting is given to Neron alongside a dip of his chin, before he spots Isla at first by her gilded hair, turning the smile of greeting toward her as he approaches, wipes his hands off on his pants and takes a seat across from her. “Sorry about looking like a mess.” He hums, flashing an amused half smirk before it fades into curiosity. “You’ve thought about the offer, I assume?” And come to tell him whether it was a yes or a no – glad to have an official answer at least.
you've got your shotgun loaded with excuses
— that you'll fire in vain —
but those 12 rounds just won't do
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ISLA

Isla is shamelessly people watching when the doors open and Sunjata walks in, recognisable instantly by his height if nothing else. Offering him a smile and shifting to sit up as he takes a seat across from her, the medic waves a hand as if to tell him not to be silly. "You have seen me just out of surgery," she reminds him. "I don't think I can say much about you looking as if you're doing hard work." And his is only dust and dirt rather than blood and guts.

She nods at the question they both know is coming, Isla quietly grateful that they can get right into it. "Seeing you at Torchline, you made it look so easy," she remarks, letting out a long sigh. "I just... you are already working so hard, Sunjata. With this King's End thing and everything else... are you sure you can take this on? I don't want you to burn out either... and I don't want the Grounds to get anything less than what it needs."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He’s glad it isn’t blood and guts this time to be honest, the dirt and grime far more preferable to dirty his hands. Still, he hums a laugh, nods his head, and leans back in the seat to hear her launch into the question he’s poised. They’re friends, after all, there’s little need for typical niceties when they can simply just dive in.

Still, the compliment is well received, a soft smile leaving him at it – still unused to getting such things. But he remains silent, nodding as she grows concerned about him burning out. “I find that I’m better when I have things to work toward. Keeps me from wallowing.” As he’s prone to do often. She knows this. But he leans forward, bracing his elbows on the table before he answers. “I understand the concern, but as you mentioned before there is a council as well. It’ll be… Different from Torchline. For one, I won’t have my own people working against me to prove myself worthy of leading them, throwing wrench after wrench into it.” His smile shifts toward something softer. “The safe haven is already planned out, it’s just a matter of completing it at this point. All my other time can be spent focusing on the Grounds and what I can get accomplished for all of us before war breaks out and I am no longer able to be here.” It leaves Isla able to focus on her infirmary and healing and it leaves the rest of them to focus on their tasks.

But for the time being, it’s known I’ve picked my side. I’ve picked the Grounds and the Ascended as I should have done a while ago.” But Safrin had held his leash then. He’d been different then. "And I want to help."
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA

"Well, even if keeping busy doesn't keep you from wallowing, I think between Wessex, Varus and I, we'll be able to keep your mind where it should be," Isla says with a soft smile. The fact that she's said as much already tells that she's made her decision, but nonetheless she sits back to hear Sunjata out properly, letting herself be reassured by degrees that he's actually got this, that he's on their side and that he means it.

And so, when she's certain, she leans forward as well, letting both of her hands rest over his and giving him a look of sheer relief. "Then I can't think of anyone better to help," she says with a nod. "But before I make this formal... what would you like my role in the cabinet to be? Wessex is our General, and Cal is her Captain, so they've got the militaristic side of things figured out between them."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
I imagined you’d say something of the sort.” He admits, though with the way she speaks he can also imagine just how this was going to go. Excitement pools within him, as well as some amount of relief – he’d missed it, truthfully. And if nothing else it would grant him practice shining those rusty wheels of his rule in Torchline to ensure he could keep the Grounds and eventually the safe haven in working order.

He hears her out, though, taking a moment of pause as he considers where her role should be. He leans back in his chair, scanning her for a moment as she fills in the blanks. The military is taken care of and that certainly is a boon – it had been one of the last to be filled when he’d ruled Torchline. “I think your role should be citizen based. Focused on the people and what they need, including but not limited to their health.” They’d have the outward focusing segment covered by Wessex and Cal, while the internal side covered by her.

Besides, she sees most people in their best and worst states in the Infirmary anyway. If there was someone that could speak to them that was trusted, it would be her. “A… Mender, perhaps? Keeping the people and their health and needs together?” His lips quirk as he thinks on it. “Unless you have a better title to be called in which case by all means.” Words had never been his strong suit, let alone titles, but at least the role within it was explained, provided she wished it to be that, provided she wanted that role at all. “In that same vein, if you have something else you’d like to focus on in the council, I’m all ears.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA

Isla can only shrug bashfully at that; it's not necessarily a bad thing, she supposes, that he already knows the sort of advice she's likely to give. Maybe that means Sunjata will be more likely to take that advice, if it comes flying his way. Already she can feel her shoulders start to relax, slipping her hands away from the Flood's to let him sit back and consider things. And what he proposes suits her very, very well indeed.

"You know, my current title seems to cover that nicely already," she remarks with a crooked smile. "An Overseer. But if you think that would suit you more, I will be the Mender for the Hollowed Grounds. I did wonder if you wanted to be our Governor though, honestly." Laughing to herself, Isla slouches back as well. "No, that sounds good, Jata. It... I think you will be good for this place, I really do."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It certainly does cover it well enough, though he wasn’t sure if she wanted to abdicate the title with it. Through, by some self recollection, he recalls that the leaders of the Grounds haven’t always been called Overseers, and it’s with that realization that a hum of a laugh slips from him once again. “Overseer is good. I don’t particularly think it suits me well.” He flashes her a wink. It sounds to him too much like his duties in Korofi, and ruling here is nothing but the exact opposite of what he’d done under a similar title back home.

Governor, though, also has a strange ring to it in his ears. “Mm, I’m not sure. I feel like it’s been a bit tarnished given the end of my rule in Torchline. Might also give the wrong impression.” Squinting, he clicks his tongue as he stares at a speck in the wall. He tilts his head this way and that, trying to debate things in his head before he tilts his head back toward Isla, silver gaze slipping back toward her. “What about Archon?” It’s not like a King would be given that Torchline’s got her queens now, and far enough removed from a Governor to not get misconstrued into whether he was turning the Grounds into Torchline.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA

"Oh, I don't know. I think you would carry out the duties well enough." Isla smiles. Hence why he's here in the first place, accepting her leadership as if it's nothing, which it certainly isn't. Even were she not still on the council (or rather, even though she is still on it), make no doubt that Sunjata will have a right hand woman as ready and willing to help as any that might exist in other cities in Caido.

She lets him mull it over, tilting her head as he comes up with the title, surprising herself with a smile. "I like it," she says softly. "...I like it a lot, actually. If that's what you're going with, I think the Grounds will be privileged to have you." And because she won't ever not be grateful, Isla lets out a sigh and glances back at him.

"You are a good man, Sunjata. I will write a notice to the citizens, and then... well. She's all yours, and so are we." His council, she means. Duh.
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He probably would manage it well enough, but it still leaves a taste of ash and iron on his tongue he’d sooner forget. The same can’t be said for the title of Archon, comfortable enough and still different enough to keep the meaning where it should be. And Isla, Overseer of the Grounds, would get to keep her duties as well. It feels like a win, win, if he’s being honest, and so with a surprisingly easy smile he feels the weight of it settle on his shoulders with a comfortable heaviness.

Thank you Isla. I’ll try to make you proud. And if I’m not doing such you have full permission to tell me to get my fucking head together.” He winks alongside a low rumble of laughter. “I imagine there’s a lot we’ll need to go over. Relics and preparation, would it be easier for us to go to Townhall to start working on it?” Where the plans might be, where they might be able to start getting him up to date with it all seeing as he's mostly kept to himself as of late.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA

The mantle of leadership looks good on Sunjata, but Isla has known that for a while, and after seeing him back at Torchline, she's more than comfortable to leave the Grounds in his capable hands. He can make the decisions that she would feel too compromised to consider, and what's more, his status as a demigod of Frey is actually very much in their favour. He can go places they can't, he can protect those in the daylight who might otherwise be vulnerable.

With the metaphorical transfer of duties complete, Jata isn't the only one who feels comfortable, and Isla smiles and nods to him. "You already make me proud," she says with a grin. "I'll try to keep up with you. And that's a good idea - there's a lot to catch you up on. You ought to meet with Wessex as well, so she can share what's in her Knowt Book with you." Rising to her feet, Isla gestures for Sunjata to lead the way.

He is in charge now, after all.

~FIN
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood