[SE] A splash of color
Open!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah

Sah and Lilly made their way to the council hall, a place that the advisor ironically almost never went to. He often found himself completing council related matters out in the town, the palace itself, or just at home. The private office he had in the building just wasn't as comfortable as his home's study. Though he'd yet to be able to put a finger on just why that was.

Nonetheless, upon wracking his brain on just where to plant the arctic wildflower seeds that he's acquired, Sah had finally settled on planting them outside of the council hall. The building often left alone as it was, seemed like a good spot for a garden. So why not start with wildflowers?

~
Sah is planting arctic wildflower seeds he acquired here  
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Coredelia

Cordelia wasn't expecting to see him. Which was silly, all things considered. Halo was small. It was hard to avoid people unless you were actively trying. Something that she had been doing, admittedly. Her steps falter, breath catching in her throat at the sight of him, painfully aware that she can't simply walk back inside as the heavy door slams shut behind her. It echoes and she winces, sucking in a breath as her eyes fall on her cousin, throat already tight.

"Hey.." She starts tentatively, voice barely above a hushed whisper, bottom lip catching between her teeth as she shoves her hands into her pockets. Cordelia scuffs the toe of her boot against the ground, taking a hesitant step forward, "How're you?"
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting for you
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah dug small but deep holes into the soil and permafrost until he was satisfied. It was as he was placing the seeds in that the door opened and he looked up and spotted Cordelia. She addressed him to his surprise, having fully expected her to simply ignore him. As such the Abandoned was caught off guard and froze momentarily.

After a pause he finished placing the seed current as he spoke, "Hey." Sah let out a shaky breath, "I'm...ok. You?" He spoke cautiously, almost afraid that Cordelia would run or shift and attack him. Gods, she hated him after all, and that fact alone made this entire situation so confusing. Why was she willing talking to him?
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Coredelia

She's not even really aware that she's moving. Unable to wrap her brain around what's happening as much as she's simply acting on instinct. He's her family. One of the few people in this world who truly knows her. Drawing in a breath that feels like broken glass slicing through the length of her throat, the Shrike finds herself kneeling in the snow before him, trembling hands helping him cover the newly planted seeds. "Good and bad days." She answers honestly, voice hoarse as she finds it again, thick with emotion as honey eyes find amber and her bottom lip catches between sharp teeth.

"I miss you, Sah... I- I'm sorry for before. I just-" Just didn't know how to accept that Aino was gone. It's what she wants to say. She wants to tell him she knows it wasn't his fault, but the words are trapped inside the cage of her ribs and instead a sob works its way free from behind her teeth despite how she attempts to keep it contained. "I was just angry and I didn't have anyone else to blame."
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah's eyes widened as Cordelia approached. He failed to restrain a flinch when she kneeled down and reached over, fully having expected a hit. Instead, as her hands cover his aid and finish in helping him plant the seeds, he swallowed harshly. Her words make something in his check ache, and he barely managed to respond in a whispered voice, "I miss you too."

When Cordelia began to sob, Sah's eyes widened. Plants forgotten, he reached over and pulled her into his arms. One arm wrapped protectively around her waist while the other rested across her shoulders to hold her close.

"I'm sorry. Gods, I'm so so sorry. I should of... I failed you both." Sah's voice is cracked and raw as he rested his forehead against her shoulder, refusing to meet her eyes. If he does, the Outlander suspected he'd join her in sobbing.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Coredelia

The flinch is a punch in the gut. It does more damage than any physical hit ever could. The Shrike likely would have left then if it wasn't for the stone that was in the pit of her stomach, anchoring her to the spot as the words that she hadn't been able to get out before find their way past her lips now, settling between them the same way the sobs do. She barely has time to react. Time to breathe. Something she's thankful for as his arms come around her instead, shielding her against his chest.

Dropping her head to his shoulder, the attuned doesn't keep her cries contained, letting the grief out in heaving sobs even as his words sink in. Shaking her head, the newly appointed warden can't help disagreeing with him, knowing now there was nothing he could have done. Nothing at all. "What could you have done? Not even the strongest of us can stand up against a dragon alone." She somehow manages to rasp against the column of his throat, sniffling as she draws in a shuddering breath.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

As Cordelia spoke, Sah loses the battle with his self-control. His breath hitches and he find himself crying silently against her shoulder. "Still. I just... I tried. Damn it to hell Cordelia, I tried. But I was so useless. Helpless against that fucking thing. I hate it." Sah shook his head, teeth gritted even as tears still stream down his face.

Being so useless, so helpless, so unable to help, to protect, when it mattered the most. That hurt almost as much as Aino's lost. Despite all of his efforts, his growth, his continued rise in power, he still couldn't protect his own sister.

Slowly, Sah regained his composure and pulled Cordelia even closer for a slightly tighter squeeze before gently pulling back. He stood up and held out a hand to his cousin to help her up. "Come on. Let's go to my house for a bit. The twins are out with Ilma." They could pull out some of the good liquor he had stored and curl up by the fire for a bit and catch up. Gods knew that they could both use a break.

Planting done, Sah led his cousin home to do just that.

-{FIN}
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare