[SE] Bittersweet
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah

Sah entered the kitchen of the small bakery looking around until he spotted Maeve. "Hey Maeve. It's great to see you again. Thanks for agreeing to help me out with baking for the festival. I'm not the best in the kitchen." He reached up and scratched the back of his nek sheepishly.

The Abandoned been both nervous and relieved when the Queen had agreed to aid him. Nervous for the baking and for seeing Maeve again. How was he supposed to act??? Especially after their last conversation. But also, Sah was immensely relieved that he'd likely escape this whole baking endeavor with only minor burns on his hands.

Approaching her, Sah scanned the kitchen, " I saw that the shop was closed today. Did the owner take the day off?" Maybe since so many people were crafting their own dishes for the festival, businesses was slow?
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
Her heart is already hammering a staccato in her chest. She's already laid out everything. Little bowls filled with appropriately measured ingredients, a recipe laid on the counter, and a larger bowl for mixing. Her nerves are getting the better of her. After the conversation with Harper about the letter, Maeve knew what she needed to do, but the dread she felt over having to do it was more than she could stomach. The last thing she ever wanted to do was hurt him. It wasn't her intention, but Maeve would have been stupid to think there wouldn't be hurt feelings after this.

"Hey, Sah... Of course. I'm not the best either, but I do have this cookie recipe down." It was the same one that she'd made with Soleil. If only one thing went right today, it would be this. "Oh, no, not exactly. The shop is mine. I got it for Locke as a surprise." Before she knew that he wasn't coming back. Now it sat mostly unused. Maeve manages a small smile, shaking her head as she grabs the large mixing bowl, adding in the butter, sugar, and eggs. "How are the twins doing?"
Maeve
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah instantly noticed that something was wrong. But Maeve seems to want to focus on baking for the moment, so he doesn't pry. He figured she'd tell him if when wanted to. Perhaps it was just her thinking about Locke.

Regardless Sah chose to latch onto her offered conversation topic. He moved to join her at the counter and began to mix the ingredients together into a dough as he spoke. "They're doing well. I think they're still getting used to actually feeling the cold. Took me a while too honestly." Suddenly missing all of your fur was disarming to say the least.

"How is Edmund?" He'd never met Maeve's son be he pictured a small and oddly eloquent child when she talked about him.
I think there for I am,
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
Maeve doesn't want to bring up the true topic that has her on edge. She already has a sinking feeling in her stomach that it isn't going to go well. Drawing in a breath and pushing her unease aside, the Nightshade lets him start creaming the butter and sugar together while she measures out the dry ingredients into a bowl to whisk together lightly. "I'm sure they are. Paige said that Sol wrote her. She was very excited that she was coming to visit."

Slowly pouring the dry ingredients into his butter and sugar mixture, Maeve lets him mix the first bit as she answers his own question. "He's doing well. I think he's unsure about what to do with himself. He wants to be bigger." Maeve murmurs, brows pinching together as she recalled the conversation with her son and what it was that Harper told her about later. How he found him hiding away, upset over the fact that he was so young.
Maeve
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah listened as Maeve spoke, helping her mix the dough into one cohesive mass as he adds the chocolate chips. "I'm glad that Paige and Sol are still in contact. Sol has been excited to see her friend again." Heck Paige might have been the one thing in Halo that Sol missed the most. Either that or sundresses from what he could tell.

As Maeve spoke about her son, Sah began to roll the dough out into balls and placed them onto the pan. "Ah. I guess he's at the age where the world is suddenly becoming a whole lot bigger? And with the coming war I'm not surprised that part of him feels rushed to figure things out. He's young but from what you've said, he's sharp. I'm sure he can feel the tension and urgency." The child probably wanted to protect what he was only just becoming aware of as precious to him.  

Once the dough balls were made Sah glanced at Maeve, brow furrowing as the Queen fell silent, likely deep in thought.

Sah followed her lead and silently placed the cookies in the oven. Soon they were ready and he looked to see how Maeve was packaging them up into little bags. Once all of the cookies were done and packaged, Sah found his voice.

"I'm not sure what's weighing so heavily on your mind. But when you're ready to talk, I'm here. And if it's too difficult to say out loud, a letter always works." He gave her a sad smile as he put his share of the cookies in his bag. "See you around Maeve. Thanks again for the help."

-{FIN}
I think there for I am,