last ditch efforts
Jata
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Wessex
some turn to dust or to gold, but you will remember me
There’s this brutal internal battle being waged inside the Wraith as time ticks down to doomsday; find the relic in Stormbreak or go and try to retrieve her items, risking death for an entire season. The more she delays, the more she puts Team New God at risk. Its a no-win situation, so… she chooses the one that would anger Team Old God the most. Steal that thing right from under their noses.

Wessex brings Sunjata with her this time, whisking her fellow demigod across the continent to a dark, leafy corner of the Celestine. Once their feet touch solid, Stormbreak ground, she begins to shift into her kitsune form, eyes and nose adjusting to the sights and smells of the star-blanketed sanctuary. The intermittent whuffles and sounds of recovering creatures filter into the background as she creeps out of their hiding place, glancing back at Jata and whatever form he’s decided to take. So… like I said, no idea what we’re looking for. Maybe something out of the ordinary?

Or perhaps its perfectly ordinary, if everyone has yet to find it.

Art Credit
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
i lost all the air in my lungs to the screamin'
i lost all the love in my heart to the demons
To say that this little trip wasn’t anxiety inducing would be an absolute lie. It’s been a while since he’s been in Stormbreak. Mainly for the fact that he’s certainly not welcome here. Which, he’d be against this in any other instance if it weren’t for the Ascended demigod that teleports him there – also blacklisted from the city all the same. And luckily, he has shifts that seem common enough to go alongside her own fox shift that wouldn’t have him sticking out like a sore thumb.

Long story short, Sunjata’s no Pegasus or dragon or even macaw. He’s basic, plain, a bat alongside the fox as they start their trek through the Celestine, a space that reminds him of Safrin in all the worst ways. The only one I’ve found was in Hak Etme. He murmurs to the fox, wings flapping silently to keep him above, more of an arial view. Hak Etme, at least, had been one of the times he’d blotted out. When Haai had been murdered. He shivers in this shift, but pushes past it and the memory it springs up. Lots of landsharks and something in the ground we investigated. But again, he doesn’t know what to look for aside from anything that seems decidedly… Old.
i lost all the things that i used to believe in
i lost everything for no goddamn reason
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Wessex
They are definitely not welcome, which is why Wessex sneaks around like a rat in the shadows even now, refraining from wandering out into the middle of the fucking paths where anyone and their mother could see her. Ugh, landsharks. Wrinkling her fox nose at the thought of the voracious pests, she can’t hold back the dry snark. Dunno what Rae was on that day, when they made those stupid fuckers. Some of Caido’s creatures - even the deadly ones - she genuinely admires. Landsharks? Not even a little.

Did you have to fight something in Hak Etme? I’ve had to, both times. Guardian-like creatures, I guess. The Old Gods are fond of the idea of guardians. Y’know, several of them have focused around legends, too. Like the Last Step, the monster in the Maw, something unusual about offerings disappearing at the Peepholes. I think I even heard whispers at some point about the Boneyard in Hak Etme. Which makes me think… if we fail here, let's go ask Tanau if there's anything in the Lava Pits.

Art Credit
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Fuck landsharks. Sunjata rumbles with a huff of a mental sigh. He wasn’t a fan either, not that he’s been attacked or involved with many. Regular sharks? Well those scars span his entire bottom half. Wessex has seen them.

But when it comes to whether he’s fought something, he tries to barrier out the feeling of that void in him he’s been so good at masking, at pretending isn’t there but consistently chafes against his soul each and every day. We did, yeah. It’s what killed Haai. All for a relic on the Old Gods side. Was it truly worth it? No, no it wasn’t. He didn’t even think it had been worth it when it happened. It had only opened that sore to let it fester more.

As for the rest of it, speaking with Tanau, it’s something he’s never done but the more Wessex explains her thought process, the more it makes sense. So the bat remains above, giving more of a top down view from branch to branch. Sounds like a pattern. Perhaps digging into the library might give us some other pointers unless you’ve done that already? A careful look is sent down toward the fox, before Sunjata moves to another branch, still scouting.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Wessex
A wave of guilt tsunamis over the Wraith, as she tries to send a pulse of apology, comfort, and regret towards the Flood. She’d bumbled her way into pain again, with that single-minded focus of hers. I’m sorry, she adds. I forgot. Time’s run everything together. Which is to say that it both seems like forever ago and not that he’d fought the Hak Etme thing.

He’s able to move on - or at least change the topic - and the Wraith is only a step behind him. A general sense of agreement drifts up from the kitsune as she pauses to look into a particularly dark enclosure. Safrin’s Library, perhaps? The Atheneum’s got nothin’ and I tried the Archives here. Nothing popped out, so… she sighs. If you wanted to try there, y’know, in all your free time, I could probably tackle Tanau myself. Divide and conquer. Given their history, he might be more willing to help her.

Art Credit

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
What a lovely bit of Stormbreak you've encountered. Look at all the things around you that aren't relics.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It has. It’s been over a year. He says with some small amount of surprise, still keeping that wall between his emotions and the bond they share, trying to keep it from leaking out and impacting her. And luckily it’s been long enough he’s able to lock it away to change the subject, to make it hurt less.

The idea of Safrin’s library sends his stomach in an uncomfortable spiral, but it’s an option worth checking out regardless, and its with that in mind that bat!Jata pulses over the sensation of an agreement, like the bobbing of his head. Yeah, I’ll look into it. He rumbles with a hum of a mental laugh at the subject of free time. He doesn’t have much these days, but he’ll work to fit it in.

They spend some more time looking around and come up with nothing, returning to the spot they had teleported in at, a hint of defeat lingering in his side of the bond.

- FIN <333