[se] i'm always waiting for you
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

"Of course as soon as we move here it decides to stay cold for the first time ever." Flora complains in a sing-song voice. 'I wonder what caused it.' She adds, though nothing about her tone indicates that she is actually wondering about this. Instead, her eyes are on the treeline, looking for a ramphire.

With one arm looped effortlessly through Enzo's and their steps perfectly matched, Flora sighs dramatically against her counterpart as she leans her head against his shoulder. "I'm so glad you decided to move here too." Punctuating this sentiment with a squeeze of her fingers against his upper arm—have you been working out?—Flora's tone suddenly becomes much more genuine. "Especially with Vai gone, I just...I'm not sure I ever want to go back to the Greatwood, you know?" And he would, she was sure of it.
The rumors are terrible and cruel
But honey, most of them are true
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Enzo

“Maybe it knew we were coming and is protecting the people from seeing too much of our beautiful young bodies,” and the disapproving tone indicates what he thinks of that particular insult. Just as dramatic in turn as he flexes the arm beneath her hand.

Flora’s cheek is a spot of warmth as it descends on his shoulder, and he adjusts the sharpness of their matched gates to jostle her as minimally as possible. At the rare sincerity of her tone, Enzo’s opposite arm rises across his chest to lay his hand over hers where her long fingers curl delicately around his arm, squeezing gently. “I don’t want to either. It won’t be the same without her.” Nothing will. Vai had raised them nearly as much as their own parents, and undoubtedly with fewer hiccups. “I still don’t know why. Has anyone told you anything?” Doubtful; anything Flora knew would’ve reached his own ears immediately, but the lack of transparency has created a restless beast inside him he doesn’t know how to contend with.
you'll play the artist and I'll play the thief
'til I just let you down
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

"OOooooh." Flora purrs, pressing her fingertips against the newly-tensed muscle beneath and shooting her twin and approving bob of her eyebrows. 'The Kaliesin twins, too hot for Torchline to handle.' She agrees merrily, despite still being annoyed about the weather.

Sighing softly, Flora nods against Enzo. "I tried to make her cupcake recipe the other day and it ... it just wasn't the same." Actually it had burned and gone terribly wrong, but considering what a witch Vai was in the kitchen as well as in life, saying it wasn't the same might be an understatement, but certainly it wasn't untrue. 'No, nothing. And given the fact Dad hasn't done any digging or strung anyone up in the Greatwood for her murder, I feel like he must know something." This meant that the twins were being treated like children once again.

"Promise me when I die you won't let Dad pick my body apart like he did to Vai?" Flora whispers, sounding utterly horrified to think of Enzo one day walking away with her teeth or an eye in a little baggie.
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Enzo

“They do say twins are the hottest,” he purrs playfully, roguish grin aimed her way. “Maybe we can make some fur-lined bikinis for you. Or quest for something pretty that doesn’t let you feel the cold.” One seems more practical, but the other seems more fun.

It’s likely it failed due to Flora’s general incompatibility with cooking appliances, but her sorrow stills any playful remark before it forms. “I’ll help you next time. Maybe…maybe we can trial and error it together.” Frankly Vai’s son was creepily intimidating, and Enzo doesn’t trust any other surviving family members to have any insight into her cherished recipes. That just leaves them. Her incense is matched with a flex of his jaw amidst gritted teeth. “He didn’t even tell us about her dying to our face. He has to know something, he’s Ludo’s Demigod right? Plus it was in HiS lAnDs.” With her general health and skills, there was no way Vai’s death was from natural causes.

Turning his head to her fully, Enzo presses a fleeting kiss to the crown of her head. Promise. You know how weird he is - Vai was his, but by that logic you’re mine. He doesn’t get to do that to you without going through me.” If a pissing match was to ensue, Enzo would have far stronger a claim to his twin’s burial rites. “Just throw me in a bog somewhere if I go first. I don’t care about my body, what matters is the statue you build in my honor.” He nudges her gently, hoping to prod a smile back onto her face.
you'll play the artist and I'll play the thief
'til I just let you down
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

"I have absolutely heard that." Flora agrees. "The staff at Molly's have said there's an open room for us if we ever decide to go that way." She continues, sounding for all the world like she wasn't the never-been-kissed-virgin that she was. But appearances, as they say, were everything, and neither Flora nor Enzo would ever be lacking in that department.

"Okay." The girl says on the end of a sigh, clutching at her twin's arm. "I know. I know. But it's clear they aren't ever going to treat us like we're actually part of the family, and now with Vai gone.." Vai, the only one who'd just loved them for who they were and not the circumstances of their birth. "..I think it's just us." And you know what? Fine.

Humming into her twin's affection, Flora playfully rolls her eyes. "Okay well as much as I don't like to be thought of as anyone's, if I have to be, I'd rather be yours." Enzo's prod as much as his words has his sister laughing brightly once more as she huffs dramatically. "By the time you die I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lineup of all sorts demanding to be thrown into the bog after you." Flora trills with a grin as her fingers spiderweb against Enzo's muscles. "But yes, I will build you the biggest statue with kissable lips and hands that passers-by can hold."

What follows next is a laughable tableau of two twins who have no intention of looking awkward or unconfident, trying to wrangle a passing-by herd of Ramphire that Flora might pluck one of their feathers. It's an uncoordinated effort at best and by the end of it both think that going to the bar for a drink is really the best course of action.

~FIN