now that we're men
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin's talk about sex and boundaries might not begin as one would expect. There's no frogmarching, no what do you think you are doing, no chastising or wondering what Ever's parents would think. On the contrary, the walk to the White Hart is quite pleasant all things considered, though the Huntsman makes sure to stay at least ten or so paces ahead of Remi and Mateo. Divide and conquer and all that? Sure.

Once they're within the tavern, Ronin orders them a few drinks - an ale for himself and whatever Ever wants - before leading them to one of the tables in the corner on the ground floor. "Mateo said there was something you wanted to talk to Remi and I about," he says, figuring that this will be a good, harmless segue into deeper topics. (If only you knew). "Do you want us both here? Or do you think I can answer any questions you have?"
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Everest
Ever would like a Shirley Temple, but given he isn't able to see the cherries ahead of time or inquire as to what sort of soda is used, he quietly asks for water instead. Without Mateo here there is no one to advocate for him, to ask all the questions he can't manage on his own or to distract attention away from Ever to give him time and space to think.

Sliding into his chair, Ever unconsciously begins arranging things on the table as he considers Ronin's question. By we Ronin doesn't mean Mateo, but he wishes that he does. Shaking his head before remembering his manners, the boy sits up straighter to address Ronin properly. "I think you will do alright. If not we can always pause the conversation until a more convenient time."

Pulling out his notebook and opening it to a fresh page, Ever smooths the sheet down and poises his pen overtop of it. "Is there a time I could watch you and Remi have sex?" He asks earnestly.
the words you speak
become the house you live in
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Ever is like a little man, Ronin thinks as he gets comfortable in his chair. Like a little man in a boy's body, with his water and his notebook and his I think you will do alright. All he needs is a little man suit, and a briefcase, and maybe a hat. The thought makes him smile into his ale as he takes a sip, which is just about when the kid drops the CAN I WATCH YOU HAVE SEX bombshell.

Choking such that the head of his ale ends up dotting his beard and hair, Ronin has to contain himself while trying to quietly not drown in his drink. The process takes a good half a minute, by which time his cheeks are red (not from embarrassment, either) and he's rubbing at his face with quiet wonder and horror.

"No," he begins in a hoarse, calm voice. "No, I never foresee a time where you will ever be able to watch Remi and I have sex." And now that's out of the way, "...Can I ask what made you want to do that? Is it the same reason you and Mateo were at Molly's?"
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest
With eyes wide, Everest watches Ronin choke, then not choke, then silently change colour. Not wanting to jump to assumptions (you know what they say), he merely sits patiently without moving a single muscle. He only blinks twice the entire time Ronin is t trying to compose himself.

'Are you alr—" He begins to ask before Ronin's No silences him. Frowning, Ever adjusts his grip on his pen. "May I ask why? It's a subject I would like to learn more about and from what I know of myself thus far, I am a visual learner." As for the followup question, that seems more or less answered. Still, Ever bobs his head and elaborates. "My parents tried to talk to me about sex but seemed uncomfortable so I have been doing research on my own." He says sounding quite proud of himself.

"Mateo suggested Molly's for the same reason I expect you would go to a restaurant to learn about cooking."
the words you speak
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Running his tongue across his teeth and wishing that he had ordered something a good deal stronger, Ronin considers taking a large drink of ale, then decides against it. Rubbing at his jaw and listening carefully as the boy explains, he can see the logic in the conclusions Ever has drawn and the reason he's done what he has done, but it still makes no social sense. Which, knowing what he does about the boy... it tracks.

"Alright. Well, there are a number of reasons, but first I think it might be helpful for you to tell me what you've learned about all of this so far. I wouldn't want to overstep your parents," he says slowly and wearily. "What exactly are you trying to find out about sex? You went to Molly's just to study it? Not for any... other reasons?" He raises his eyebrows.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
What a lovely bit of Stormbreak you've encountered. Look at all the things around you that aren't relics.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Frowning for a moment, Ever tried to recall if his parents had said anything about not talking about sex or not asking questions. They implied that he could wait, but not that further research was wrong. At least...he didn't think they had. "They said it was natural and nothing to be ashamed of. They said some people are more open about it than others, which was alright. They said they would only do sex in private and that I shouldn't worry about seeing them." Flipping back a few pages in his notebook, Ever runs his finger over the words written there.

"They said sex feels good." Blinking, he looks up towards Ronin to see if anything on his face contradicted what he'd been saying.

"Well, my parents said that I might not like it. But they also said most people do like it. Mateo said that you'd know sex when you saw it, and so he took me to see it. Only...I still don't really understand because I saw lots of things." He admits with a shrug. "And if it's natural like drinking hot chocolate, I would like to know more about it."

Ever tilts his head to the side, offering a very-unmanish and naive blink. "What other reasons are there?"
the words you speak
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Continuing to listen quite carefully, Ronin is sure to nod in appropriate places to show he's giving the right sort of feedback, and so that Everest knows he's paying attention. All the while his cheeks are still burning a bit and he sort of wants to throw back the ale in one. (I almost put neck back but I know that's a British thing, you're welcome). "And you know how sex... works, right? Biologically? What happens to male and female body parts and... all of that?"

Clearing his throat and allowing himself a drink this time, Ronin does stall on the as natural as drinking hot chocolate part, but... he'll try to tease that out later. "Well," he says of the other reasons, "because like your parents said, it feels good. Even watching it happen can make you feel excited, and it can make your body react in ways that feel good. So even if you don't entirely understand it yet, I thought perhaps you and Mateo were going there because you liked what you saw."
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
(BRI'ISH, INNIT) "Mateo gave him some of his anatomy notes." Ever explains, wanting to make it sound first and foremost like Mateo had been helpful. Which, he really had. "Only..some of what I saw in Molly's...well. Things didn't go where I expected, but Mateo said it was still sex. And with you and Remi...does that mean one of you has female parts?"

Adjusting his water glass but not drinking it, merely ensuring the edges of the cup lined up at a right angle to his notebook, Ever writes down the answer to his question (even if he doesn't understand it). "Is there something not to like?" He wonders, pausing the movements of his pen for a moment. "It made me feel warm and maybe a bit sick. Like when you have the flu and you're in your bed and you're hot and cold at the same time."
the words you speak
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Letting his hand drop away from his face only because Ronin is genuinely afraid he'll leave the White Hart having pulled half his stubble off his cheeks, he takes another generous drink and almost wants to sink under the table at the what about you and Remi questions. And of course Mateo would show Everest a lot of kinky sex by accident, instead of just regular old missionary.

"There can be lots of different positions," he explains, absolutely skimming over which of them has female parts (lol), "when you have sex, I mean. And some people like to introduce different things, to make it more exciting for them. It's a very personal thing, the positions and preferences you might have. Something you really only share with the people you're having sex with. And that's why it would be inappropriate for you to watch." Unless you're invited, but gods Ronin isn't going into that right now.

"I imagine there are all sorts of things that you prefer to do while you're alone, right? Or things you would only do around people that you really trust, or want around. Sex is like that. Do you understand? You can ask more questions if you don't. It's important for you to know this." He even manages a smile. Look at him go.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
"Ah." Ever twitches his lips at that. "So..how can you tell what's a sex position and what isn't?" He asks, pen poised, fully expecting Ronin to just be able to come up with a pithy sentence to capture this very complicated topic. "Because if men can have sex with men, then that means you don't need a female. And the woman at Molly's was using her mouth, so..." Blinking, the boy looks expectantly at Ronin.

"I prefer to do almost everything alone. Or with Mateo." Ever agrees with a nod, before chewing on the inside of his cheek thoughtfully. "Is Remi the only person you like to have sex with? Can you have sex with lots of people if you aren't private about it?" He wonders.
the words you speak
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
He thought that as he got into this more, he'd start to find it easier. But nope. Still, as Ronin finds himself stepping in as an impromptu father figure (gods Finn you worked at Molly's for fuck's sake), he perseveres.

"Well sex positions happen when you're having sex, so when... well, for clarity's sake we'll say when everything anatomical happens. It's true that men can have sex with men, and women can have sex with women, but I won't go into that right now. What you're describing, with the woman at Molly's, or with mouths or hands, or even by yourself, that's... a sexual act I guess. It still counts under that umbrella." Gods, he hopes Ever is taking even a small amount of this on board. And in the way Ronin intends.

Taking a long drink to collect his thoughts, at least the next question is easy. "Yes," he says with a small smile. "And do you mean having sex with a lot of people at once? Because that's a bit complicated for what you need to know right now. Most of the time, even if you have sex with a lot of different people, each time it's usually a very private instance."
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Ever begins to write Ronin's WorDs Of WiSsDom down, before he pauses and fixes Ronin with a look that says I know you're joking. "That's circular." He informs the other man, as if it were a test. "What are the anatomical requirements?" Ever is already adding bullet points to his page. "So there's...sex and then sexual acts? Are sexual acts not sex? Even if you organi—orgasm?" He'd only learned the word yesterday, after all.

'Oh no, I meant at different times." Ever confirms with a smile. "Do you think Remi likes having sex with you most?" He wonders, his pen hovering over the blank space after Ronin's answer.

"Do you have to be a certain age to have sex? Like drinking? How old were you when you had sex for the first time?"
the words you speak
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
No it isn't, Ronin wants to say, before he realises his linguistic misstep. "The anatomical requirements are in the anatomy notes Mateo gave you," he says, glossing over the PEEN IN VAGEEN topic. "And it's a little confusing, because sex is both the name for the subject as a whole, and the act of having sex." Should Ronin go back to school? Is this what kids in school are like these days? "So all those things we talked about are sex."

Who knew that talking about his and Remi's sex life would be the most comfortable part of this conversation? "I hope so, yes," he murmurs. "I certainly like having sex with him the most. We love each other and we made commitments to each other, and that's part of it, for us."

Nodding at what he realises abruptly is a very important part of things, Ronin finishes off his ale. "I was a lot older than you," he says. (Not that much, but shut up). "And yes, you do. It's the sort of thing that only adults do with one another. I know Mateo has been going through a lot of changes lately, so if it's the same for you, I can understand why certain feelings are coming up, and why you're curious about all of this. But knowing how it works doesn't mean you should do it, necessarily."