No Rolling Stones
Open!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He'd never been asked to deliver anything to the Hollowed Grounds before, and so he'd never come here. The place had a reputation, and more than a little infamy; no one wanted to get stuck inside the Barrier 2.0 because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Or at least, Tal didn't.

But he didn't know where else to get the snow moss he needed. So here he was on a pleasantly chilly but well-thawed Flowerbirth day, scuffing through the Woodlands with his hands jammed in his coat pockets as he peered around the unfamiliar landscape looking for an unfamiliar plant.

High overhead, well above the fresh-budded trees, a pale dragon circled idly and ignored the small birds that tried courageously to harass her away from their nests.
Nurse

Age: 37 | Height: 6’1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bartholomew

There’s a fucking dragon in the sky.

You’d think Bart would get used to this shit after a few seasons and living in close quarters with the companions of his family members, but dragons? Yeah, still no on that one. He also knows dragons are usually companions to Accepted folks, and those people are usually Old God fuddy-duddies, ergo Bart stomping his way through the Woodlands on a mission to find out exactly what’s up.

That ends up being a skinny twink looking dude who looks shady as hell moseying around with his hands in his pockets. Enter stage left: 6’1 scowling nurse in a leather jacket. “Hey, you. The hell ya doin’ pokin’ around out here?” he snaps gruffly. It’s not entirely impossible the man isn’t a Grounder, but Bart is coarse and unlikable on any given day, so really the response would’ve been the same regardless if he came across any other race looking sketchy and uncertain in the woods.
They say I need therapy 'Cause I've got no symmetry
but maybe I just don't fit in
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
At least Tal heard the stomping coming from a ways off, and he paused in his wandering to borrow Boreal's eyes for a moment. It was always a little dizzying to switch to a bird's eye view, but the courier did it often enough that it only took a moment to shake off the vertigo and turn to meet the man.

Who was a lot taller from this angle than straight overhead, and Tal had already begun to scowl even before the gruff hostility came out in the stranger's words. The younger man bristled right up like a porcupine (or at least an irate hedgehog) and the scowl turned up to eleven as he jutted his chin forward defensively.

"Who died an' made you Queen of the Grounds?" Tal scoffed, crossing his arms and holding his ground. "I don't see any signs sayin' I can't be here."
Nurse

Age: 37 | Height: 6’1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Bartholomew

Kids got some balls, Bart’ll give him that, but all it smells like is blood in the water. His grin is something violent and sharp, like jagged glass as it stretches across his face, the constant itch for a fight that lives in his bones humming with how close it feels. He lets his long legs carry him right into the punk’s personal space just to emphasize the way he has to tilt his head to accommodate the two inches between them.

“Wow, yer just comin’ straight out and admittin’ ya can’t read? Didn’t know you could hide balls that big ‘tween twiggy legs like those.” He gestures crudely to Tal’s crotch, grinning like a shark. It doesn’t last long though, thunderclouds forming over his otherwise soft brown eyes. “Ya got a dragon in Ascended land. That’s sure a sign as any that yer trouble. Now talk, kid, before ya piss me off into throwing ya out. What are ya here for?” Depending on the excuse he might just tail the twiglet, but most spies tried to butter people up. Clearly the young man was just stupid and stubborn.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
A year ago things would have been very different. But that was before dealing with Sah and training with Deimos. There was a core of competent confidence behind his cocky attitude now. Having been glared at by Deimos for doing dumb shit, this guy's attitude was no longer as unsettling as it would have been in seasons past. "Least I still have mine," Tal snipped back, leaning forward with his own teeth bared in a grin.

A short grin. But only a few inches shorter.

"An' if you don't like my dragon, you can take it up with her." Which was about the time that Boreal dropped like a stone through the skeletal branches, landing behind the tall stranger with a thundercrack of broad, wide wings snapping open to slow her descent at the last minute but still hitting the ground heavily with a grunt.

Which was about the time Bart might feel a spot of uncomfortable warmth at the small of his back as the big, burly beastie leaned in close to sniff him.

"So you can ask politely, or you can fuck right off, Sunshine." Tal smirked smugly at the stranger's chin, not giving him the satisfaction of looking up now that he had him caught between a dragon and Halovian.
Nurse

Change author:
Bartholomew

See that might’ve worked on someone else, the whole…threat thing. Bart? He’s already died once. A nice piece of jagged glass to an artery, courtesy of dear old dad. He’s clad in fire resistant leather, and he has nothing to lose. So he tosses his head back and laughs like he’s staring Ludo in the face, grins fit to eat glass, and cracks his neck.

“Oh, I don’t do polite little man.” And then he throws himself forward in the hardest football tackle he can manage, uncaring if his back gets flamed. And he pulls his fist back to crack down in whatever is in reach, because Bart might not be the type to win wars, might be useless in every other goddamn aspect of life, but he can scrap. And sure he might lose, but at this point? In this land that isn’t his, with people who couldn’t care less about him despite the fact he’d die for their cause? Well…what else is there to lose?
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal was a skinny thing, all whipcord and wire rather than visible muscle, but there was muscle beneath his scrawny frame. Running in snow behind his dogsled in full Halo winter gear and heavy boots was not an exercise for the weak of cardio or quadruceps.

And with his solitary preferences and uncharming personality he'd certainly dealt with his share of bullies growing up. The stranger's sudden shift triggered reflexes honed for dodging men and ursur alike and Tal tried to dive to the side.

He hadn't expected his attack to go so low, though, and his legs were caught, throwing him off balance and pulling him down with the old guy as a fist glanced off his thigh. Tal yelled defiantly and threw a punch of his own towards whatever bodypart came in reach as he tried to roll away.

Which was about the time that Boreal decided to join gleefully in; the large, heavy dragon aiming to pounce on Bart and, if successful, pinning Tal's legs further with a wicked, smokey chortle.
Nurse

Change author:
Bartholomew

Bart doesn’t much care where his punch lands, though there’s a juvenile satisfaction in giving the brat a well-earned Charlie horse. The flailing fist glances off the point of his shoulder, and Bart rolls with it just enough to minimize the sting before he’s shoving himself forward to try and pin the younger man with his body weight. What he isn’t expecting is a dragon the size and weight of a goddamned dog to pounce on the two of them with an excitement that’s far from the vibe the two had going on.

“The fuck?!” he chokes inelegantly, a disbelieving laugh escaping at the conflicting stimulus he’s experiencing. Pinned beneath the lizard - cuz he’s not gonna hurt a damn pet, honestly - he shoves his forearm down flat towards Tal’s chest to try and force him into immobility. “Stop squirmin’ shithead! Ya punch like a girl! Just tell me the hell yer doin’ here, I ain’t gettin’ my pants ripped off by a damn lizard!” He’s not gonna walk around in the streets pantsless. At least not sober.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
"Fuck off, dickcheese! You weigh a ton!" Tal continued to wriggle, slippery as a skinny eel as he tried to pull himself out from underneath the combined weight of man and dragon, and when that didn't work--

"Boreal, get off!"

Which had the dragon rising up just far enough to shift forward in an attempt to plop down more comfortably on the stranger (and Tal) and whuffle Bart's hair with the cheerful curiosity of an easy-going large dog.

Tal groaned and finally stopped squirming, glaring equally at man and dragon. "Whose side are you on?" he asked the dragon plaintively before poking a finger towards Bart's nose. "An' how do I even know you're even a Grounder? Y'could be from Stormbreak, for all I know!" He tried to gesture at the Outlandish clothing the other man was wearing, but their compromising position made it more than a little awkward.
Nurse

Change author:
Bartholomew

“You callin’ me fat twig-boy?” is the immediate snapped reply, letting his body go loose with deadweight to make himself harder to dislodge. Except that comes with the added problem of being straight overtop the stranger when his frustrated command only prompts ‘Boreal’ - the dragon, Bart assumes - to be even more of a menace instead of obeying. Bartholomew wheezes pitifully as the dragon flops onto his back, not unlike a large dog, crushing the air out of his lungs for a brief moment. Damn it, but the whuffle of air into his hair is cute.

What’s less cute is the dude’s hand getting all up close and personal in his face. Bart’s nose wrinkles as it’s poked, lip curling like a feral dog warning not to get too close. Harmless (for now) because he doesn’t bite the way he wants to. The guy is finally giving up the ghost after all, that’s more important. Scowling, he drops his head shamelessly to lay the weight of his head on Talyson’s collarbone, content to make the young man uncomfortable if it means sparing the crick in his neck. “Hell, that can be an excuse ya use on anyone wanderin’ the streets’a their own city,” he grumbles. “Ain’t ever seen an Outlander before? I know I got more style than ya, but that don’t mean I come from Stormbreak.” The name of the land is spoken with hateful acidity. Lifting his head grumpily he manages to wedge an elbow to prop himself up, right above Tal’s shoulder. Compromising position increasing tenfold. “People ‘round here been hurt enough by random folk who hate what they are more’n who. I’m cool bein’ a dick if it means I prevent that happenin’ one time outta ten.” Which is as close to an apology as Tal will get, given Bart still doesn’t know where the hell he’s from.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
"Oof!" was Tal's eloquent response to the stranger's retort as the combination of jerk and dragon squished more air out of him. Boreal was, as usual, thoroughly unsympathetic to his plight as she investigated his tormentor's ear and gave it a dry, rough-tongued lick before resting her head in her broad paws spread over Bart's shoulder blades and looking insufferably pleased with herself through half-slitted eyes.

The courier wasn't dumb enough to poke the man again - he was still using that finger and if they were in Ascended territory; he didn't want to get bit - but he scowled fiercely as a head landed on his chest like they were friends or some shit. "Most of the Outlanders I know are full-of-themselves busybodies," Tal grumbled, thinking of one annoying Advisor in particular. He didn't bother to refute the style comment, though. Halovians weren't exactly known for the fashion sense, and Tal had no illusions about his own simply functional, rugged wardrobe. The absolute vitriol in the word 'Stormbreak' caught him by surprise, however, and actually shut him up for a few seconds. Long enough to listen to the rest of what his impromptu human blanket had to say, at least.

A little flush heated Tal's cheeks as he finally realized just how intimate they were risking getting thank the Eirachi for heavy clothing! but did nothing to turn down the heat of his glare as he tried another useless wriggle. "So you're out here hurtin' people passin' by for not bein' Ascended? Isn't that just doin' the same thing you're bitching about?"
Nurse

Change author:
Bartholomew

Bart meanwhile cringes away from the long, dry tongue that investigated depths of his ear canal he’d rather remain virginal, thanks. “Yeugh, stop!” he grumbles, even as his chest shakes a little with laughter. At least one of the two in the bonded pair is tolerable, though getting turned into a human pancake seems to have forcibly mellowed the stranger. Enough to even make Bart laugh at his sour comment. “Yeah, y’ain’t wrong there. Not me though, I don’t give a fuck ‘bout peoples business, and they better not care ‘bout mine.” Also known as keep your damn nose outta my life to just about everyone but Nate.

The color in his cheeks is admittedly cute, but the wriggling less so, and Bart scowls down at him, curls hanging over his forehead. “Don’t be an idiot, I wasn’t gonna hurt ya till ya threatened me with yer dragon. If I was an Ascended, you know how intense a threat that is? Yer the one that wanted to be a brat instead of tellin’ me what ya were doin’ here.” Dark brow rises, reminding the younger man that he still hadn’t.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Boreal was satisfied with one lick, luckily for Bart. She settled in comfortably much to Tal's dismay even as the Outlander made his claim and the courier gave him an absolutely flabbergasted look. He was so taken aback that he couldn't even manage to get the words out right away as they piled up on his throat and got caught fighting for the right to be the first one out. It gave the other man time to scowl down at him ugh, he'd be kind of cute if he wasn't so old.

"If y'were the flammable-type of Ascended, you wouldn't be out walkin' around in daytime, right?" Tal pointed out. Never mind that it hadn't even crossed his mind earlier when the threat had been made; it sounded good now. "An' maybe she's the ice-breathin' type of dragon!" Which was about the time that the dragon in question stretched her head out to rest it over Bart's shoulder and look down at Tal curiously with a little blep of tongue sticking out of her boxy muzzle.

He huffed and turned his head to glare at a nearby tree root instead, grumbling: "'Hmph. You're not real good at this 'not giving fucks about other peoples' business' thing, are ya?"
Nurse

Change author:
Bartholomew

“They’re still flammable even once the sun stops botherin’ em idiot,” he chides, but it’s far more flippant than the scorching, forked-tongue rebukes of moments prior. “Unless ya think sun rays and fire are the same strength?” Its clear neither wants to admit to being wrong, and Bart is more than willing to gripe over details until the cows come home. “And I felt her fire when ya used her to threaten me, dumbass.” The spot of warmth that had been leveraged against him unsuccessfully because of Bart’s general lack of self-preservation skills.

The pout of frustration smells like victory, and Bart barks a laugh and concedes the point easily enough. “Sure, if ya wanna word it that way. Just don’t wanna see people straight up die.” Peering awkwardly over his shoulder at the dragon on his back, he raises a brow at her while still speaking down to Talyson. “Clearly y’ain’t here to do that though, so if ya tell me why yer here I guess I’ll help ya. As an apology or something.” For the tackle and punch, but not for the inquisition.