Personal Quest in these hollow halls
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Another day, another training measure, but this time the Sword had moved it out of the Citadel and towards Whitebrim – using what tactics, territory, and terrain they had to further establish some necessary, but meaningful skills.

Long before the others were summoned to the boundaries, the General had grown or created obstacles of brush, bushes, or utilized the current landscape of broken or abandoned (and more than eerie) homes to his advantage. They’d be a tool, system, or scheme for cover, diversions, or schemes for teams to make use of when the time was right.

And on top of three houses were distinct outliers: flags, one to the north (blue), one to the south (red), and one to the west (green).

Once his soldiers, Cordelia, Sah, and Talyson had all shuffled in, he pinpointed his attention entirely on them, thoroughly done messing with the backdrop for the moment. “You are here to learn how to function as a team. Each will have three members. You will assist one another in trying to obtain an opposite team’s flag.” Ideally, by the end, each might have one – but Deimos knew better. “You may use any skills you have – including magic, weapons, attuned bonds, companions, and so on.” A pause, a lull, a slight smirk indenting his features. “However, if you are hit, you are automatically out.” Thereafter, he pointed towards the only direction without a flag – an old lean-to towards the east. “You will stay there, until a teammate decides to rescue you.”

Taking another breath, he pulled out a list, and read off the teams, including the flag color. “Let me know if you have any questions. I will give you a few moments to strategize and set yourselves up.”

--

Teams:

Team Blue:
Deimos
Cordelia
Tuck (NPC – Attuned – Happy, bubbly lad but tends to lack focus – only shift is a mouse)

Team Red:
Sah
Talyson
Amelia (NPC – Abandoned – Argumentative, likes to be the boss – only magic is basic water)

Team Green:
Todd (NPC – Accepted – Class clown – favored weapon is the bow)
Archie (NPC – Abandoned – Always right even when he’s wrong – only magic is basic earth)
Dorothy (NPC – Attuned – Meek, rarely voices opinion – only shift is a songbird)

For this round, your characters may strategize with one another and set up their initial positions. Please keep in mind that you may control your NPCs, but remember their baseline tendencies, personalities, and capabilities. These will come into effect in dice rolls. You’ve been voluntold (except for you Cordelia ;D) to be in this PQ because of your character’s actions previously, so one would hope you use this for growth/character development.

List your actions at the bottom of your posts, please!
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Tal was eager to get back in his Guildmaster's good graces, but the lessons of the landshark hunt hadn't been entirely forgotten yet. There was less swagger in the courier's step as he jogged between the runners of his four-dog sled, though the animals themselves had caught the excitement in the air and were bright-eyed and eager as they trotted up.

The axe was at his hip, balanced by his Bag on the other side and the courier unslung the spear from the sled as he listened to the day's plan. Boreal landed with a heavy whump in the snow and ambled over to give Deimos her best puppy-dog eyes while Tal hissed at her to behave - and she ignored him.

Teaming up with Sah wasn't a surprise - or the chore it would have been a season ago, and Tal nodded cautiously in acceptance. He had to stifle a sigh at being paired up with Amelia, however; already foreseeing the arguments to come between her and Sah both wanting to be in charge.

As they separated out into their groups, Tal scowled and glanced back at the Blue team. "I don't have a clue for how to get past Deimos," he admitted. "Maybe we should focus on grabbin' the green flag first?"

"That's just what they'll expect us to do," Amelia informed him witheringly. "And they'll probably try the same thing." The 'idiot' was unspoken but heavily implied, and Tal bristled silently as she blithely continued. "No, what we're going to do is take out both of Blue team's Attuned at once, and then when the General leaves to get them out of base we can grab their flag." She nodded definitively and pointed to Sah. "You're in charge of knocking out the Warden. And I'll handle Tuck. Tal you can... I don't know. Use your dogs to guard the flag or something."

"Yeah, no, fuck off, Ammy," the courier responded with a scowl, crossing his arms belligerently. "What about you, Sah?" And the fact that he wasn't using one of Sah's nicknames was a sign of just how thoroughly Amelia had gotten under his skin.

Red team was off to a great start!

Tal suggests trying to get the green flag first, but Amelia overrides him and wants to focus on Blue team first: she and Sah will take out Tuck and Delia while Tal guards the Red flag.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah listens to his team brainstorm fight and once Amelia turns to him, he simply raises a brow. "You underestimate Cordelia. Taking her down won't be easy either. Deimos should be avoided as none of us have the capacity to win against him. Unless..." He pauses and thinks for a moment.

"Hang on. Getting the green flag will be much easier than the red. But we can't be caught by red while doing so. What if we do this? Let's position ourselves the furthest downwind from blue. To try and instigate them to go for green first. Assuming they defeat green, we prepare for them to come to us and tag them all out while getting the green flag from them when they do? And they we can just go get the blue flag." Sah glances at his team, "How does that sound?"  

Let the blue team do part of the work for them and use the extra time to come up with a better plan to deal with Deimos. Or to lay traps. Possibly both.

~
Sah suggests positioning themselves as far from blue as possible. So that blue has to go through green to get to them. And while blue is going through green, they prepare to take down blue (and steal the green flag) when they eventually reach red.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

"If I know Sah and Tal, they're not going to fake us out by going for the Green flag first. I have a feeling they'll come straight for me and Tuck." And avoid Deimos like the plague. Cordelia crosses her arms over her chest, head tilting to the side as she considers their options. "Tuck is small enough to move undetected and I'm more than willing to guard the flag if you want to go for the other, Deimos." It wasn't a bad plan. Tuck could sneak towards the green flag and potentially grab it and Deimos could rattle the others simply by being nearby.

"What do you think?" She glances towards Tuck and Deimos both, arching a dark brow as she waited for their input as well.

Cordelia offers to guard and suggests that Tuck go after the green flag while Deimos scares the others.
'Cause darling, it was good // Never looking down
And right there where we stood // Was holy ground
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Strategies sought, and incidentally, not surprising to hear some arguments reigning supreme, Deimos turned his attention to his own team. Tuck seemed quite content to be there and a part of the planning process, though the Sword arched a brow at the way he seemed to shudder with excitement – not unlike a dog. “Would you be willing to shift towards the green flag?” rumbled on a distinct manner – certain the mouse could get within the area, but remaining hesitant about the return.

But the youth chirped a decided Yes! with such aplomb that the Sword could only shrug. Depending on the circumstances, he could either yield to snagging at Red’s flag as well. “We can try,” settled on a decided nod towards Cordelia - figuring he might be committing to a multitude of rescues from the free area before the day was through.

Over on Team Green, the sole NPC collective, Archie was, to no one’s surprise, the instantaneous leader. A wild card group, his voice could be heard from outside their shelter, to the point where even the Sword was struggling not to roll his eyes. We go barreling in for Team Blue! Take ‘em all out! And then Team Red. I gotta get Amelia back for that crap she pulled earlier. Dorothy said absolutely nothing, and Todd smiled, twirling his bow around in his arms.

With the tactical ploys discussed, Deimos’ loud voice resounded and reverberated over the middle of the sanction again. “You may start when you hear Belial.” They’d all know what he meant – given the peryton’s antics.

So while the monolith went towards his own team, ensuring everyone was in position, the companion swept up high, and unleashed a ridiculous hoot and holler over Whitebrim.

--

Tactics have been decided! Teams may move their NPCs, and themselves, into position, and dice rolls will determine how successful they are. Please put the info at the bottom of your post (it’s much easier for me). Let me know how they're guarding, if they're using an attack, ability, etc. Thank you! No post order!
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead