when you hit me, hit me hard
Sunjata
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

Isla has absolutely no business being at military barracks. It isn't that she's unfamiliar with them; on the contrary, she's spent more than her fair share of time in places like this as a field medic. But there's no war on - not yet - and so she prefers to keep the heck away from this neck of the woods. But alas - the barracks are also one of the only reliable places that she can find weapons. And all of a sudden, she's got a need to play around with things like that.

There's hardly anyone around as she sets up the small catapault, loading it with small bags of sand (barely beanbags, honestly). She doesn't want to maim herself by accident, of course - because as flawless as she knows the Voice's work is, this is still something untested. And so tonight, the Remedy will be pummelled by baby fistfuls of sand wrapped in burlap. So much fun.
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
so, collect your scars and wear 'em well
your blood's as good an ink as any
It feels like the Flood has been chasing the Remedy’s tail all day, but eventually there’s a point where he catches up with her. It’s in one of the last places he expects to find her, though, in the Barracks creating some sort of small sand bag collection with a small catapult. Confusion flares in his gaze as he scans her but doesn’t immediately announce his presence, instead, letting it all soak in before he clears his throat and leans against the edge of a post with a raised brow.

What’s all this for?” He asks for pure curiosity’s sake, uncertain and unsure what exactly her plan is. “Practicing your catapult throws?” He pushes off the edge of the post to head toward the catapult, inspecting it and still coming up with nothing.
go scratch your name into the clouds
and pull them all... d o w n
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

Isla's head whips up at the sound of a voice, the Remedy glancing around and relaxing at the sight of Sunjata - maybe because she's just realised something vital about her unfurling plan. "Not quite!" she chimes, taking a few steps back from the catapault and beckoning for him to pull the lever to fling the sandbags at her.

"I got a new upgrade from the Voice and I'm trying to figure out if it works properly," she explains. "Would you mind? It's supposed to be... a shield, I guess. But I... well. It's probably easier if I show you." Taking another couple of steps back, Isla inhales a breath she doesn't need and engages her upgrade. A diamond like coating covers her body - the majority of it, anyway, and she holds up her hands as if to bat away the bags regardless.

"Ready when you are," she says, grinning.

Isla uses this:

Type: Defensive | Level: Upgraded
Bioshield | When activated this upgrade covers 80% of the user in a diamond-like lightweight coating and will remain in place until it has been struck. Defends against both magical/elemental and physical attacks. Once depleted, requires a two-post cooldown.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
His head cocks as she takes a few steps back from the catapult, steel eyes scanning her before he steps toward it himself, hand hovering above the little lever – wondering if she’d lost her fucking mind. Why else would someone actively volunteer to be hit by the catapult? But she explains, and he barks a laugh as the understanding hits him, huffing a sigh at the tail end as he rubs his temple and runs that hand through his hair. “Ah,” he pauses, just about to pull the lever when she tells him that she’ll show him.

He doesn’t expect it to be like a diamond, though, glittering and bright and hopefully protective enough to keep her from harm. “Alright, lets see.” Aiming the catapult to where it’ll launch the sandbag directly dead center of her, he pulls the lever and squints with one eye to wait for it to land.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

This will definitely go down as one of those times to laugh about over a drink or two in the VlamVloed, to be sure. Isla forces her hands down towards her sides, though they're still clenched into fists just in case, and as Sunjata releases the sandbags, he isn't the only one squinting. But the Voice is an efficient and trustworthy mistress, and so of course her handiwork is perfect.

And while Isla certainly doesn't look like much in terms of physical strength, all golden hair and summer dresses, as a diamond encrusted Remedy, she might just have the war aesthetic after all. The sandbag hits her square on, as Sunjata planned, and while the force of it does drive her back a couple of feet, as the shield releases and flickers out, she's visibly unharmed. "I am so glad that worked," she huffs out a laugh, shoulders slumping as she nudges the bag with her toe.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He holds his breath without realizing it as it hits her square on in the center of her body and he watches as she stumbles back a few steps. But the glittering shield disappears soon after and Sunjata loosens that breath with a soft sigh, a huff of a laugh that melds with her own as he steps toward her to pick up the sandbag, turning it over in his hand before looking back at her with a raised brow. “I’ll be honest, so am I.” He’s not sure how he’d explain how he injured the Remedy.

But it had worked and all those what ifs disappear into the abyss of his mind, his gaze returning to the catapult as he steps over to it and places the sandbag back into it. “Was that all you were testing or was there something else?” He asks, wondering if she intended on spending the whole afternoon here to continue testing out things.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Could you imagine that conversation in the infirmary?" Isla laughs, brushing sand and dust from her dress as Sunjata moves to pick up the sandbag, the Remedy quite content with the results of her little experiment. "Luckily for you, I am also skilled at healing Ascended, so I could at least fix any problems I gave myself." Or that Sunjata gives her by proxy, as it so happens.

She of course grins, though, as he goes back to the catapault, shrugging her shoulders. "That was about it," she says. "But I can tell when I engage the shield that it isn't a catch all... I think it may only cover about 80% of my body. Did you have any plans? Otherwise we could go a few more rounds, see if we can find out where the shield fails?"

Hey Sunjata, want to pelt me with sandbags until one hurts?

Yes, this is how Isla passes the time for fun. Why do you ask?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
I’d rather not if I’m being honest.” The chuckle that leaves him is bright at the idea, thankful they don’t have to go through with that – and the added knowledge that she can heal Ascended (because of course she could, how could he forget?) does help to relieve some of that inner tension in his chest at the thought of potentially hurting her.

But he stands idly at the catapult as she offers her suggestion, and knowing now that he couldn’t hurt her even if it went awry was really all he needed to know before agreeing. “Sure. And no, I don’t have any other plans for the moment. Let’s test it out, hm?” So saying, he gestures for her to get back into position, waiting until she’s ready to swing another sandbag her way with the catapult, and again and again until they can figure out where exactly it falters and fails (though each time his stomach tenses with the fear of hurting her).
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Why not? Makes a change from paperwork and mixing herbs. For me, at least." Isla grins.

And so that's how the Archon of the Hollowed Grounds and his advisor choose to spend the afternoon. Should any errant warrior come across them, hoping to use the training barracks, it will be to quite a sight. Either it's Isla allowing sandbag after sandbag to whump! into her body in different places, or (eventually, of course) one of them smacking her right in the back between the shoulder blades and sending her sprawling to the ground.

With Sunjata's luck, though, at the point where he finally does hit her, that's probably when Varus is the one walking by. And what a fun conversation that might turn out to be.

~FIN