God Quest The Cold Doesn't Bother Me Anyway
Quest turn-in for Nature Frey
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
There was a bounce in Tal's step when he came to the Shrine this time. Warmly bundled in his own coat and layers though he was, he still carefully laid out the ursur pelt from the first of the great tusked bears he'd ever killed, spreading it out over the altar and taking time to make sure it lay evenly. On top of it he arranged the lial teeth and the volcanic stones from Apopo - not without a conflicted and confused scowl for Melita's help in choosing just the right ones. In the end he chose a spiral shape, rocks and teeth alternating.

He set down a frosty mug with a fruity, chilled drink in it as his offering to the god: an unpracticed but enthusiastic pina colada. He'd picked up the little umbrella in it in Torchline during his rock-collecting expedition.

Then he knelt in front of the altar, practically vibrating with excitement as Boreal whuffed her amusement and leaned against him.

"Frey, I did what y'said and got all the pieces. I'd be really grateful if you could come an' see."

Quest turn in from Simple Gifts for a Frostbite Cuff:
1. Complete a thread slaying an Ursur and harvesting its pelt Grin and bear it
2. Complete a thread slaying a Lial in The Climb and collecting one of its teeth Trial by Fire
3. Complete a thread collecting volcanic rock from Apopo in Torchline {SE}Rock me, Amadeus

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
Unpracticed but enthusiastic - and Frey can absolutely appreciate that, regardless of the aspect. "Look at you go, sugar plum," they croon as they appear, golden skinned and bundled in fur that, on closer inspection, actually appears to be a great deal of snow moss wrapped about their form. Picking up the pina colada and sipping at it, with a wave of their hand, pelt, teeth and rock whip up and into the air.

And then they appear to scrunch together, remaining that way for a breath or two before transforming with a dull pop!

Before Talyson hovers his Frostbite Cuff - lined with soft ursur fur and decorated with plates of volcanic rock and dangling lial teeth. "And there we have it!"

Talyson has completed his quest and has received the following:

Frostbite Cuff | Light | Defensive
A fur-lined cuff which protects the user from sub-zero temperatures. Does not affect the environment or any environmental issues associated with the cold (e.g. deep snow, icy ground)
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Pale eyes widened as hopeful optimism was rewarded, and Tal slung an arm around Boreal's shoulders in an excited hug that the burly dragon accepted with a smoky snort of amusement. The courier grinned proudly at the god's crooned praise, shoulders straightening and chin coming up as he blossomed beneath the attention.

Though that pride stuttered a moment later as it was replaced with awe and excitement. Watching the items swirl together in the air, Tal caught his breath and bit his lip as if afraid to break the spell but luckily his antici-
-pation was swiftly rewarded before he could suffer from the lack of oxygen.

"Thanks, Frey!" He wasted no time in sliding the cuff on his wrist, regardless of the season, and took a few moments to admire it. Boreal nudged his elbow to remind him of his manners before he got too lost, and he turned back to the god with a fervent bob of his head in awkward gratitude. "It's great! It'll be a big help t'me. An' about that... don't suppose you need anything delivered anywhere?" Sure, it was a longshot, but the courier flashed the Herald a rueful grin. "Figure it's the least I can do t'thank you for pullin' this together for me, if you're busy doin' god-stuff."

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
Giving the courier a small nod, Frey preens beneath their outfit of snow moss, enjoying the young man's enjoyment and tilting their head as he doesn't immediately bustle off the way most of their supplicants do. Raising a perfect brow, the deity considers the request before seeming to light up. "Actually, yes," they say with a golden grin, sweeping back the side of their cloak to reveal, suddenly, a very curious plant.

It looks like small palm sapling, contained in a little crate on wheels. The only thing to differentiate it from any other flora is that it also seems to have a leash looped about the top of its spindly trunk. "Please deliver this to the Oerwoud, won't you? Be careful, though - it likes to wander off."

Frey has given Talyson the following flora to take to the Oerwoud:

Walking Palm | Named 'walking palm' due to its wandering, many-legged root system, one would hope that these large trees weren't capable of actually meandering their way to water - except they most definitely are. Most likely to be spotted moving during sunset or sunrise, any individual noticing these trees maneuvering may also be caught or trapped by those freaky roots.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal perked up immediately when the god took the time to consider his offer, and straightened proudly when it was accepted. He was going to get to do something to help out one of the gods, and while the appropriate reaction might have been one of duty or honor, the courier was all excited curiosity.

The plant that was revealed beneath the cloak was...

New? Tal looked it over, nose wrinkling thoughtfully at its spindly trunk. Still, he'd delivered fragile things before. It was all part of the job.

"Wander...?" He blinked, looking from Frey to palm and back again, but nodding slowly with wide eyes. "Uh. Sure. Long as it doesn't try to eat me, I'll keep it leashed." Boreal leaned forward to sniff at the plant curiously and Tal reached for the crate to tug it along, already considering how to safely transport it through the Flowerbirth chill. "Thanks, Frey! I'll drop it off an' be back soon!"

~Fin~