[se] silly love songs
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
"I heard," says Ronin, having to speak quite animatedly over the roar of the waterfall, "that the lichen at the bottom of the Cataract can attach itself to any surface." He's kneeling at the top of the cliff where the water erupts from, having found a soft patch of earth that would do nicely for planting his flower seeds from LiAt FuX. "I was thinking maybe we could collect some and let it grow along the houseboat. It would look festive at Deepfrost."

Festive, he says, instead of macabre or like you'd committed a murder, because although both of those things are also true, Ronin isn't actively trying to make Remi creepier than he is. Having ensured that his husband has the sapling to plant from the festival as well, Ronin uses clawed fingers to begin digging small holes for his seeds to live in. It's a fresh Flowerbirth day, and the cool air rolling off the waterfall wicks away any heat that might be building from the sun beaming overhead.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
right now everything you want is wrong
& right now all your dreams are waking up
Remi, having lived in the Greatwood a good long while now, has done more than hear the rumours about the lichen. Indeed, he's experienced its mysterious grip firsthand. With a grin, he waggles his eyebrows at his husband. "Why don't you go dip a toe in the water for yourself and find out?" He suggests with playful innocence.

Meanwhile, yes yes he has his sapling, and as it turns out this is the sort of task that Oria is quite keen on seeing through herself. Acting more or less as the muscle, the spriggan has already left his curls to actively scout out where best to plant their LiAt FuX gift. ."Do you have any idea what sorts of seeds these even were?" Remi, who had been glowering for most of their brief festival wanderings had paid attention to nothing save for the blue of his husband's eyes.
The Lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
"Maybe I will," Ronin retorts back with equal innocence, though he knows better than to trust a damn thing Remi says when it comes to his fuck around and find out approaches. "If I get snatched, though, I am trusting you to save me." Maybe he can collect some for Mateo as well, and their son can maybe find a way to make the lichen grow less aggressively. Or maybe they'd come home to Stormbreak to a house covered in it. Either is possible.

Sticking his tongue out - for concentration, of course - Ronin carefully deposits his seeds and pats down the earth around them. "Mm? Oh no, I have absolutely no idea," he says sunnily. "They didn't even have a sketch on them. Just a shady pack of seeds in a paper bag." And isn't that neat?

"Maybe your sapling will grow into a big weeping willow that will drape itself over the waterfall," he suggests. Chance would be a fine thing.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"As if I would let anyone or anything ever snatch you." Remi purrs wickedly as he reaches out to wrap his arms around his husband's waist. "I am the one who snatches." He growls in his best Walter White impression.

Releasing Ronin, Remi narrows his eyes and folds his arms over his chest. "So...we have just brought back mystery seeds from a festival that has notoriously been followed by death, and we are just meant to plant them here?" He raises an eyebrow thinking that this had gone suddenly from Jack and the Magic Beans to Saw IV with legumes.

'Maybe, or maybe we are planted some monstrous hybrid seeds made by the Voice that will start a second blight." Nearby Oria trills brightly have found a spot she deemed appropriate. Unfortunately for her, Remi had already scored away the roots of his sapling and plucked off its leaves.
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Given that Ronin is half crouched over the little spot of earth, Remi's arms snaking around him are nearly enough to send him toppling over the waterfall, and he pinwheels a bit before managing to straighten up. "Promises, promises," he purrs right back, as if being snatched is the culmination of some game neither of them knows they are playing just yet.

Humming to himself and cupping some water to sprinkle over his freshly planted seeds, the Huntsman is content with his work, peeping into the paper bag to spy two extras that he didn't quite shake out. About to lean down and plant them as well, it's at that moment that Remi has taken to giving a haircut to his sapling in all the places that make it... alive.

"Careful, husband. Your paranoia is showing." He raises his eyebrows, mildly horrified but nonetheless smooching Remi on the cheek as he steps past, approaching Oria with his extra seeds. "Here. They aren't the same as a sapling, but hopefully they will still grow. Unless someone comes to pee on them in the middle of the night." He shoots a playful glare over his shoulder.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Would Remi have stopped the Huntsman from toppling into the water? Well. I won't tell you just yet in case a similar situation arises in the coming minutes.

'Where?' Remi wonders, glancing down at his body and arms as if Ronin had said there was a bug on him. Rolling his eyes after a moment, the alchemist merely shakes his head. "Better my paranoia than taking orders from an improperly spelled sign at a festival that we both hate." He counters, before scowling at both his husband and his companion. "Excuse me, I happen to be Guardian of these woods I will have you know." Of course neither spriggan nor Huntsman seem to care much given that they're still planting things despite his concerns.

Huffing, Remi spears the sapling, which is basically just a stick now, into the ground. "Come to think about it, last night you had the blight you were rabid, left bloody gifts on my doorstep, and threatened to kill me. That does not seem all that bad now that I think about it."
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin doesn't grace his husband with a response until he has carefully planted the seeds in Oria's ideal location, patting down the earth and straightening up before dusting off his hands. "It's right here," he says of Remi's paranoia, sneaking in to kiss his temple and grinning to him for good measure.

Slipping his arms around the GUARDIAN OF THESE WOODS, Ronin tries his best not to be as completely infatuated by Remi as he always is. "Mm, but the last time I had the blight I was also gross and clammy, smelled like dirt and my spit turned black," he mumbles, wrinkling his nose at the memory. "And it almost killed me and you had to lock me in jail."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Grumbling with equal measures of love and annoyance, Remi reaches out to snag Ronin close despite the utter and complete lack of his authority and sovereignty. "I love when you are gross and clammy." The alchemist counters with a grin bearing canines that are longer and sharper than they need to be. "And your spit turns black now when you eat that disgusting ann-ass of yours." ( Remi absolutely knows how to pronounce anise, but will he? Absolutely not).

Waggling his eyebrows and subtly shifting his fingertips into suckers as he stealths a hand beneath Ronin's shirt, Remi leans in for a kiss. "Now just imagine if I tried to lock you anywhere." He whispers against his husband's lips as if it were some sort of erotic challenge.
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Well as long as it's clear that you're happy with all of the symptoms of the blight, I guess it doesn't matter what Oria and I just planted, and you just savaged a sapling for no good reason," Ronin says with a long sigh, letting himself be pulled flush against the Lullaby with no complaints.

He does imagine if Remi tries to lock him anywhere, the results of which have him smiling against the kiss and arching against the suckers trying to affix to his back. "Mm, I think it would be a good challenge," he says, one of his arms looping gently around Remi's shoulders while the other cups his cheek. And if the soft pad of his thumb intentionally tries to press against a sharp canine, what of it?

"Personally I think you are the only lock around that could hold me."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
For a moment Remi looks adorably befuddled as he considers his husband's words, and, rather than admitting defeat, merely hrrmmphs under his breath as his wandering fingers trail higher up Ronin's back. For her part, Oria merely rolls her eyes and pulls up the stick Remi had planted. Scoring the bark a few times to try and salvage it, she re-plants it in soft soil where it might have some chance of regrowing its roots.

Leaning gently against Ronin's palm, the alchemist slowly presses his teeth together. Not enough to break the skin, but enough to rile his predatory senses to the forefront such that his lower jaw began to tremble with restraint. It would be so easy to simply lock his jaw and remove Ronin's thumb in a swift click of his teeth. Instead, Remi's lips close over Ronin's thumb, his tongue swirling against it for a moment before he tilts his head away. "Maybe. But you have gotten rather quick in your old age." He muses, releasing one of his hands from his husband's waist in order to comb through the hair around Ronin's temples as if looking for grey hairs.
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Raising his eyebrows as his thumb is captured by a very wicked tongue, Ronin is rapidly losing concentration for anything that isn't Remi, even as Oria goes off to replant the butchered sapling. "Quick?" he repeats with a crooked grin. "I thought the opposite was supposed to be true when you got older."

Leaning into the other man's touch, for a moment Ronin believes that his husband is merely being affectionate, until he realises that his hawk-eyed gaze is looking for something. "Hey," he protests, pulling Remi closer, "I look distinguised without any greys, thank you." Snapping his teeth at the other man, his fingers try to sneak down the back of the Lullaby's pants, as if to distract him.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'So I have heard, but when do you ever do the expected thing, mmmm? You married me, after all.' Remi says sweetly even as his eyes scour Ronin's dark flop of hair for whisps of silver. It occurs to him that forcing his husband into sleep and then painting in loads of grey would be an incredible practical joke, and so he makes a mental note of it to tell Mateo about it. 'And apparently with some grey as well." Remi murmurs, fanning his fingers through a salt and pepper patch near his husband's temples.

Grinning as hands creep down the back of his pants, the alchemist raises a brow as his head inclines slightly to the side. "I could check for grey hairs in other places too, if you like." He offers, his eyes flicking down his husband's cheeks and lingering in certain places as if already spying more and more silver poking through.
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"If all of our friends and loved ones are to be believed, me marrying you very much was the expected thing," Ronin informs the other man, preening under the continued scrutiny even as mischievous hands squeeze at his backside. He raises an eyebrow, however, to hear that there apparently is some grey, Ronin's hands too occupied to investigate himself, but he does look appropriately horrified.

"You what?" he asks, ducking his head to the side as if he'll be able to see. "Hey, no-- shut up!" A whisper of pink floods his cheeks, though whether it's embarrassment or arousal is impossible to discern. Not sure he wants to know the answer (and planning to scrutinise his appearance the second they get home), he tries to silence Remi with a sudden and passionate kiss, clasping him closer.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
All of our family and friends from back then are dead Remi thinks to himself, and though he doesn't say the words out loud, there is a cool violet curdling of his emotions as he swallows. Vai, Ashetta, Rexanna, Kiada, Amalia, Phoebe...gods, even Loren or Delphia? 'Mmmm.' He hums quietly, his fingertips grow soft and less mischievous in his husband's hair.

Ronin's kiss is perfectly timed, and if it was the cast that the alchemist had anything at all in his hands at that moment, he'd have dropped it all in lieu of tangling his arms around his husband's shoulders. Sweeping his tongue in slow arcs against Ronin's, the alchemist's emotions begin to bubble golden once more as he softens into their kiss.

"Was..there anything else you wanted to do here, or...?" He mumbles against the Huntsman's lips.
The Lullaby