scraps of inspiration
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Ronin doesn't know what you're all looking at or waiting for. He has AN ADMIN FOR A PLAYER no idea where the relic might be hiding, the Huntsman wrinkling his nose with frustration. "Well, unless this is the exception to the rule," he mutters. "I don't know what kind of thing Locke went up against for that doll - was it also a big ol' beastie?" he wonders.

Turning around to look back down the path - because it doesn't seem like they're having much luck - Ronin shakes his head. "If it weren't for the Tower falling I'd have said it ought to be there," he mutters, frustrated. "Maybe we're just not seeing the obvious. We ought to keep looking, I suppose."
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
At this point, Melita had no idea, which, to be fair, was about the normal juncture of things. Contemplations strived as best they could with the knowledge, wisdom, and general ignorance her brain contained, watching for a moment as Fangorn’s vines skimmed over stone, and the world around them revealed nothing. More meandering and pondering voiced out loud, her gaze shooting away from Ronin as they approached the shrine. “Can a relic be a living thing?” Uncertain, her eyes glancing over the wayward animals – pondering if any stood out, if there was something special, enigmatic, to their qualities. If there was something they were all missing.

Or if it was simply not here.

The Tower falling had the Honeybee grimacing, if only because she knew of her uncles’ deep involvement of it. “Could it be underground? Or by…uh, the Falling?” Opposite ends of the spectrum, between earth and sea, but they’d clearly already had some immersed in water and loam.
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The issue with this who ordeal in the first place was that none of them really knew where to look. Stormbreak was big for a city and despite their best efforts to gain information on where to look, it hadn't been successful. "It was inside a house that tried to eat them." Maeve says, glancing at both Ronin and Melita, putting away the notion that everything was guarded by a creature. Unless the house counted as a creature. Maeve wasn't too sure on that. As for it being a living thing? The Nightshade had no answer for that. "I wouldn't think so? All of the relics have been objects, right?"

This question was more for Ronin seeing as he was the one who had seen the most relics out of all of them. "Are there places underground here?" Her brows arch, head cocking to the side in thought. "That might be a possibility. With your dragon shift we'd be able to get down there more easily."
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Ronin, not being Ascended and knowing nothing about the Prince, inhales a long breath and lets it out again, before shaking his head. "I haven't heard of any that are living things," he says, ruffling a hand through his dark hair only to glance at Maeve with an expression which reads, roughly, u wot?

"A house," he repeats, wanting to ask more questions but also feeling like they ought to stay on topic here. "The Silk Houses are in the lower parts of the city, so I suppose that is the closest thing to underground. If this is in a sewer, though, I swear..." He wrinkles his nose.

"The Falling might be a good idea to check, too. I suppose we could check both," he suggests, taking one last look around the shrine in case something appears.
show me your darkness.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
Melita’s eyes blinked several times in rapt succession as Maeve described a house that…tried to eat them. Then remembered their own adventure in a bizarre home, so she shrugged it off as if this was commonplace, every day. Probably, eventually, at some point in her young life, she’d wonder how the hell her thoughts had ever reached depictions of that nature as ‘normal’.

But for now it seemed perfectly reasonable.

Wrinkling her nose again and huffing a massive breath, annoyed that yeah, an animal likely couldn’t live that long (but wouldn’t it have been cool?), she spun around on her heels a couple times, as if giving last ditch efforts to sniffing out the potential relic. “Do we want to call it good then, and go try the Falling or Silk Houses?”
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Maeve gives one final look around, nudging a rock with her boot as if that will actually do anything. Who knows, maybe it would stir up an ancient being that's guarding the relic or something. She waits for a gust of wind or an angry bellow, but nothing comes. With a heavy sigh, the Nightshade turns to the Honeybee and Huntsman, "Let's go. I don't think it's here. Which should we do first, though? The Falling or the Silk Houses?" Maeve asks of her two companions, arching a dark brow as they turn back the way they came, intent on exiting the Celestine and leaving behind all the not relics.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Letting out a long sigh and nodding between Maeve and Melita, Ronin mimics them in taking one last look around. Alas, their hopes of a relic just popping out with a bright hello! don't come to pass, and they remain alone in the soft, serene light of the Celestine. "Well," he says of the Falling and the Silk Houses, "if we split up there's no reason why we can't do both. I'll take whatever's easiest."

Because it's true that he does have the upper hand in a pair of wings if they have to search the cliffsides, but he's not the type to rob Melita of an opportunity to get herself into shenanigans. "Which would you both prefer? I'll grab Remi for the other one."
show me your darkness.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Ronin knew Melita well, because the moment the opportunity struck, she held fast to “The Falling,” loudly, scattering a few birds nearby. She’d seen the high cliffs and the rolling tides below from their last skyport venture, and curiosity had reared its wild child head quickly. If anything, she could always send Sila to wander over the waves, and send back any notice of things shifting below there.

Like monsters or a floating pair of slippers. Whatever worked.

She shifted her gaze back to Maeve, to see if she agreed, and then figured she’d probably do it with or without her anyway. Besides, Silk Houses didn’t sound all that intriguing to the Honeybee.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Melita is quick to speak up and Maeve doesn't do much to shoot her down. Even if it was going to be a bit of a task for them to tackle alone. Still, the Nightshade wasn't going to keep the Honeybee from having her fun with it. She takes a breath, offering Melita a small smile as she nods in agreement, "Sure, we'll do that. Then you and Remi can take the other." The other being the Silk Houses, in this case.

Maeve takes one last look around with the other two before they all head back out of the Celestine towards the city proper once more.

~FIN~