[se] blue moons
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes
Their footsteps sink into the snow with a muffled crunch that Ronin finds satisfying, but he can't quite say why. "I thought you might enjoy a little bit of Deepfrost in the middle of the warmer seasons," he says with a crooked smile, threading his fingers with Remi's as they walk along the fringes of King's End. In the distance he can make out Meadowreach and the Barrows, all set aglow by the moonlight on the snow and a spray of stars overhead, and he wonders whether the flowers are still trying to peep through despite the weather.

"And on a full moon too - how could I resist inviting you on a date?" he continues, a brisk wind passing overhead, ruffling Ronin's hair and flaring out his coat about his legs. "Though I'm afraid I wasn't able to get us a picnic in order. Much as I know we'd enjoy it, having snow melting onto your ass doesn't really set the scene, you know?"
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Let's not get lost in the dark blue
But darling if we do, just find me and I'll find you
With his pupils made large by the blue-darkness covering the sheets of snow, Remi glances at his counterpart for a moment before huffing under his breath. “The way you say that makes me think I am meant to read into it.” He comments a touch wryly, head inclined and eyes sparkling despite being little more than green circles around large black spheres.

With his fingers coiled tightly around Ronin’s to ward off the worst of the wind’s bite, Remi’s thumb brushes against the Huntsman’s palm again and again with shocking tenderness. “Depends what sort of scene you are going for. It is the type where wet pants force us to build a fire and get naked I would have thought it a good idea.” The alchemist counters with a further incline of his head.

“So if Torchline is cold because of a shrine to the Eirachi, do you think there is one here as well?” Remi wonders, suddenly glancing around as if expecting to happen upon it right then and there.
the lullaby
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Nuzzling further into the scarf about his neck (it's a rusty red colour and was knitted by Vai, so of course he's wearing it), as Remi's touch sweeps across his palm, Ronin's smile is all in his eyes. "Not tonight," he assures his partner. "No reading into it. I just really wanted to go for a walk in the snow with you. LongNight might bring bad memories, but the rest of Deepfrost is my favourite time of the year, I think." If it sounds like a revelation that's because it is, Ronin not having realised it himself until just now.

"Mm, there's no reason we can't build a fire and get naked anyway I suppose," he muses, nodding up ahead where they can make their way into Mourn, where he imagines there will be plenty of places to sit and contemplate, make a little fire and think very hard about even harder things (and maybe play with those things while they're at it, who is to say).

Tilting his head and swinging their joined hands just a little, perhaps, Ronin considers his husband's idea. "I mean, probably," he says. "Almost definitely, in fact. Would it shock you if I said I didn't really care either way?"
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
“Oh?” Tilting his head over his should, Remi studies Ronin’s profile for a moment as if the cause of this revelation might be writ somewhere in the scruff on his husband’s cheek. Alas it’s only lingering snowflakes and rugged attractiveness that Remi finds there, and so he’s forced to USe HiS WorDs instead. “Because it is a season of hibernation and contemplation? Or because we stockpile food, do a lot of sleeping, and you get to prance about in the snow?”

Chuckling, Remi gives his head a shake. “Far be it from me to tell you how to plan your date.” He says, grinning. ”If it does not fit the scene, it does not fit.” Will Remi now try and derail nudity and handheld games? Yes (but not for long, of course).

The arc of their hands has Remi thinking of even smaller fingers clasped tightly between their own. Aoife’s cackles of delight and Mateo’s demands of higher higher! fill his ears. Pulling in a breath, Remi forcefully exhales it and the sparks of pain that try and latch themselves into the soft skin of his cheeks. “You are full of surprises tonight.” Giving Ronin’s hand a squeeze, Remi shoves the other into the pocket of his jacket. “Maybe it is you leaving all of these shrines so that you can have winter whenever you like.”
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Oh, don't get me wrong, the prancing is a huge part of it," Ronin says, flashing a mischievous glance at his counterpart. "As is the hibernation and the food, but I don't need an excuse to sleep in late and have breakfast in bed." Tugging Remi closer by their clasped hands, he smooshes his cheek against his husband's, since a kiss will likely only end up being delivered to the soft material of his scarf.

"I just have a lot of very good memories from Deepfrost," he admits. Digging a hotspring next to the Stonesong; pulling Remi through the Wildwood on a sled with sleighbells draped around his antlers; hot cocoas spiked with whiskey and snowball fights with their son.

Squeezing Remi's fingers in return, Ronin's eyes turn up towards the stars and he relaxes into their stroll, until of course he's being accused of nefarious and chilly wrongdoings. Gasping (G A S P), the Huntsman's free hand flutters to his chest, blue eyes glinting in the moonlight. "You've got me all figured out," he hisses. "What ever will I do with you now?"

Maybe it has something to do with a few winking lights up ahead in Mourn. Gosh, who could possibly know?
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
“You are one of the first demigods of our time and Governor of the Storm.” Remi counters, though as he says it, it isn’t exactly clear whether or not that counts for or against Ronin’s claim that he can sleep in and binge-eat whenever the mood strikes him. ”Nnnnn.” The alchemist complains as he’s smushed, but no amount of grumbling can overshadow the colourful pulse of boyish joy that shines from his fingertips. “That sounds like I should be helping make better memories for you during warmer months and not adding to your arsenal during Deepfrost.” Remi decides with a crooked smile; he, of course, is not such a fan of Deepfrost.

Narrowing his eyes as Ronin’s dramatic meter shoots up to an 8, Remi merely raises an eyebrow. He’s utterly twitterpated at the sight of the Huntsman’s blue eyes and how dare you! stare of course, but certainly he isn’t budging from his position of Accuser. “Well, if you are anything at all like the rest of the spirits and deities we know, there will probably be a lot of demands made. I can think of at least a few who demand sex quite regularly, so…” Pursing his lips slightly and tilting his head, Remi is a humble picture of if needs must.

Gosh, who InDeEd?
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Commander," Ronin corrects with a waggle of his finger, since he's ramping up the dramatics already. "I command the Storm, I don't govern it. Can you imagine the council involved for that?" He scoffs, smooshing Remi again for good measure since he seemed to enjoy it so much the first time, however secretively.

Swinging their hands properly now, Ronin's smile is visible even with the scarf looped around him, and he rolls his shoulders in a shrug. "That's true, but usually the demands are made in return for something. What should I, this chilly Deepfrost demigod of prancing, have reason to demand things from you?"

Maybe it's the little set-up they're coming upon - but Remi can decide that.

Ronin has bribed the will-o-wisps with cinnamon sticks and a lock of his hair (that isn't actually his hair because he's not an idiot), and as a result they are chilling out in various jars hung from leafless branches. This part of Mourn takes them under a few trees where, rather than a picnic, the Huntsman's nimbus awaits, along with a tub of ice cream and two spoons.

"Want to sit with me and eat dessert before dinner?" He smiles.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
“I—“ Remi begins, his mind already contorting and stretching to try and imagine just what it would be like to command versus govern a storm, but of course Ronin isn’t being series. Or rather, he is, which is what clues the alchemist in to the fact that he isn’t looking for an actual reply. Huffing out a sigh and pressing his tongue into his own cheek so that it might jab Ronin, Remi merely sighs out a noncommittal breath and thanks the stars above (even if they are Safrin’s) to have such a wonderfully stupid man in his life.

“Are they? Frey demands offerings simply for showing up, Ludo will likely curse you if you don’t bring it something to play with, and Safrin pouts about even though she does say she requires nothing.” If nothing else there was absolutely a precedent set for gifts and such just for beholding certain gods.

“And now that I think about it…” Trailing off as he fixes on the twinkling lights, Remi narrows his eyes wondering what a group of will ‘o wisps is doing out here when he spies Ronin’s nimbus.

And the ice cream.

Oh no,” Remi murmurs under his breath. “This is going to require quite the sacrifice, isn’t it?” Twisting around Remi curls one hand around the Huntsman’s waist as he slips his fingers against Ronin’s and holds them up as if they were about to dance. “You are wonderful.” Remi all but purrs, before his slanted smile grows tight. “Unless of course this is just for you, or for you and someone else, in which case prepare to be chased by a lovesick manticore for the remainder of your evening.”
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"I suppose you make a good point," Ronin concedes, grinning and shying away from being prodded by Remi's tongue, even if it is through his cheek. "Well, luckily for you I am not Frey or Ludo or Safrin, mm?" No, he's a happy-go-lucky idiot who fell in love with a man with feathers in his hair and magic in his blood.

And it's to this man that he turns now, the Huntsman gazing into eyes darker than molasses but just as sweet, his captured fingers following Remi's up as if they really are about to start dancing. "Eating the ice cream with me is the sacrifice," he says, his free hand whispering over his counterpart's shoulder, teasing around the collar of his coat. "The rest is on the house, because I like you." He winks.

Wicked fingertips brush across Remi's cheek now, Ronin's thumb tracing the exact place where he knows a dimple will appear if his husband is so inclined. "Much as I love the visual, I'd rather this lovesick manticore stay right where he is."
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Ooohhh no.' Remi says, shaking his head but never taking his eyes from Ronin's. "I know what it is to be indebted to a god. I shall pay you for the ice cream even if I have to be creative about it." He continues, sounding quite grave despite the playful hint of mischief in his dark stare. Far too enamoured by the blue of his husband's eyes or the way the cold air made him feel invigorated to be needlessly serious, that didn't mean thoughts of his various promises to Ludo and their consequences weren't hovering in the back of his mind.

'Well,' Intentional or not, said dimple does appear beneath Ronin's fingers as a warm blush trickles up Remi's cheeks and across the bridge of his nose. "I will not be lovesick if I am here with you." Pulsing his fingertips softly against the small of Ronin's back to encourage the Huntsman closer, Remi keeps them eye to eye and only a whisper apart as he sways softly, tugging them around in a vague circle.
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Well, if you insist. I do know that you can be quite creative," Ronin says, a smile spreading across his face as he's urged a little closer and they start to dance (sort of) in earnest. "I thought there was meant to be music to go with this," he murmurs as they sway, both loving and hating how close Remi is, how his breath whispers across the Huntsman's cheeks but his lips are still infuriatingly distant.

The blush has him thoroughly besotted, Ronin melting into their slow movements and letting his partner take the lead, even as he carelessly tries to drape himself closer over the alchemist. "Mm, that's true. More's the better, then - we've had enough sickness keeping us from each other in the past." Between the blight (both bouts of it) and illnesses that claw at the mind and soul rather than the body, they've had quite enough of it for a lifetime.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Oh? Can you not hear it?" Remi muses as if genuinely befuddled. "How about now?" Leaning close as if to press his lips against Ronin's, the alchemist tilts his head at the last minute so as to keep them apart. As he does so the music he'd selected for their wedding begins to play around them. This part of the memory is not one he's accessed for quite some time (preferring other snippets of that night as you'd expect), but the melody is no less vibrant for it.

'Mmm, and then some.' Remi agrees with a quiet huff. Though Ronin is the better dancer of the two of them, the alchemist learned more than enough to keep up appearances back in Northaven, and so it's with laughable ease that the pair create random patterns in the snow as Remi leads them around.

"What I would quite like to know, though.." He murmurs against Ronin's cheek, letting his words hum and ring against the illusory music. "..is what flavour of icecream I am meant to pay for.."
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Mm?" Ronin raises his eyebrows and also leans in close, thinking that Remi must be meaning to write music with his tongue and lips, only for a vibrant chime of sound to cause his breath to catch. He's reasonably certain that his counterpart didn't see this coming, so there absolutely hasn't been time for him to set up a band or whatnot. And as he realises just what tune is playing (because of course Ronin remembers), a warm smile spreads across his face, accompanying the flush of pink in his cheeks.

Happily sinking into the other man's arms and seeming more than content for him to take the lead, the patterns in the snow will nonetheless look as though Ronin has attempted to make a fetching set of ass cheeks, or possibly the head of a cock. Blinking his eyes open as Remi speaks (he doesn't know when they closed), he huffs out a laugh and turns his head enough to kiss a stubbled cheek.

"Butterscotch," he says. "I couldn't get hold of any artisanal flavours, I'm afraid."
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I take it you hear it now?" Remi wonders with a lazy but adoring smile. Perhaps it's all the talk of second weddings and a certain recent visit to a certain waterfall that has the alchemist thinking more and more about it. "You know, this is the longest I have ever been married." He whispers with all the hesitation of a deeply held secret, before he laughs loudly enough for white clouds to puff from his lips.

Having kept his eyes focused solely on Ronin the alchemist has not yet noticed what artwork is being created in the snow, but no doubt as soon as they lift on the ground on Ronin's nimbus it will be quite obvious (patterns in the snow are surely evidence of the Huntsman also being a seasonal diety if you ask Remi).

"Butterscotch." Remi complains on a sigh, and had Ronin's lips not been against his cheek preventing him from doing so, the alchemist would have turned and buried his face petulantly against the side of his husband's neck. "I suppose I will have to find something to flavour it with." He murmurs, turning his head and nodding towards the waiting nimbus.
the lullaby