Seeds to Sow
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Caiside
The woods are lovely dark and deep
But I have places to see
And miles to go before I sleep

After his first encounter with the gods of Caido, Caiside was angry. What had he done to simply be left, cold and alone and so, so dissatisfied? Had he not been honest? Had he not been true to why he wanted? And he was punished for it. He didn’t understand, but it wasn’t as if he was simply going to march directly back to a shrine and demand answers. Caiside liked to think he was smarter than that.

That thought was what found him in the Atheneum, early one evening. He had done as much thinking as he could handle alone, now it was time to ask for help, as much as he hates it. There were only two places Caiside had thought made sense to search for answers in, the temple and the library. Something told him Frey wasn’t the kind of god who was worshiped much in temples thought.

It had been some time since he’d arrived, but without knowing what exactly he should looking for, or where he would find it, Caiside had to stop his aimless wandering and look instead for a person. Much to his irritation, the first person he came across was unfortunately familiar. Still, he wanted something now, so he bit back the obvious sourness on his face, and approached Samuel.

”Excuse me, I need a book found.” Caisides voice was saccharine, the condescension that has been in his time the last time they spoke carefully absent. ”Or at least, some knowledge, if you think you can do that instead.”
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
SAMUEL
i am the ocean, crawling madly at your moon.
and with one wanton whoop —
Sam had gone to the Atheneum to begin on the project he had promised Jigano he would, a chronicle of the myths of the land. It was a monumental idea, one that he knew would take months of research before pen hit paper. He needed to begin by organising all the books of specific myths he could find into a space where he could go through them, make notes.

He was wrapped up in a book, a fascinating history of the oral tradition of a legend from the earliest days of Caido, when a voice drew him from his study. Sam's faced soured as he saw Caiside, and his frown deepened more still as no apology for their last meeting came.

"...Oh." Was all he could say at first, laying a hand over the book he was using. "And wh-what would you...want a b-book about?" Perhaps if he helped Caiside quickly, he could get rid of him quickly too and get back on with his work.
— i melt into a sycophantic soup,
& all that's left to do, is giggle, fawn, and swoon.
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Caiside
But I have places to see

Samuel looked less than happen to see him, which gave Caiside a private thrill. Let him be irritated, as long as he got what he was looking for, he could care less about the others mans opinion. And it seemed he was going to, Sam willing to help with without much effort on his part.

”I need information about the gods. About Frey, specifically, but I would like to know more about all of them.” The nervous man didn’t strike him as the type who would be particularly knowledgeable about divine matters, especially given the sad, repressed energy he gave off and what Caiside knew of Frey, but he had been surprised before. Who knew what the man did in temples behind closed doors?
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
"About...Frey?" Sam wondered what Caiside could want information about Frey for. Caiside didn't seem the type to go to get advice from anyone about sex; Sam was sure he was absolutely confident in all those kind of matters, given the way he preened about with that ridiculous eye makeup.

But as it happened, he could help Caiside here. He had been interested in myths and Gods since a young age and read almost every book he could in the Atheneum - if anyone were to help Caiside in this matter it would be him.

"I know...a l-lot. About the Gods. What do you...what do you w-want to know?" He asked, shifting to sit a bit more towards Caiside, his bitterness momentarily put aside in favour of curiosity.
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:
Caiside
But I have places to see

Caisides brows rose in quiet surprise when Sam said he could help. He had truly been hoping for a book, something he could take along with him and study himself, but if Sam had the knowledge he claimed to, it might be easier and quicker to get it from him.

”Well...” Caiside hummed, tried to think of the best way to ask about what he wanted without giving away what had happened to him. The last John he wanted to do was put any kind of power, real or not, into Sams hands. ”Frey is the god of sex, and other intimate things I assume. But... is there anything else? Surely no god is so one dimensional.”

It would be slow going like this, dancing around whatever wrong he had apparently committed, so Caiside sighed, and but the bullet. ”They don’t have anything against... ambition, or any silly thing like that, do they?”
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
"No, Fr-frey is just...just s-sex. But sex can be...so m-many things." Sam's voice was a little wistful as he considered just how much his first time with Remi had meant, how it had not just been physical but emotional, almost spiritual. It was not one-dimensional at all, and he supposed Caiside had to be a virgin to not know that.

The question caught him off guard and he screwed up his mouth to one side, brows furrowing as he considered it. "Um...no, no-nothing quite like that. They don't...have anything against am-ambition. Did you have a..a b-bad experience with..with them?" Caiside wouldn't be the first person he'd known who had had a bad run in with a God; ha. Remi's interaction with Ludo had affected his life strongly enough to leave a strong impression.
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:
Caiside
But I have places to see

Curling his lip at the emotion in Sam’s voice when he answered, Caiside turned his thoughts over and over, trying to find the angle he had missed. How could a being so powerful already think power was boring? How could a being that knew what he had been judge him for wanting it back? The connection to the world, the devotion of those who served him, the adoration of all.

”What do you mean nothing quite like that? Is there something they are opposed to? Or... bored by?” The lack of a response to Sam’s question was glaring, an answer in and of itself, especially when combined with the colour rising high in Caiside’s cheeks. He ignored that as well though, instead leaning in close to Sam, as if he could peer into the other mans mind and take what he needed for himself.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
"I mean...um.." Sam struggled to put what he meant into words. Frey was a God he had been less interested in compared to the others, honestly. Sex had always been something he was a little embarrassed about until recently, and he had worried that somehow reading about them could have summoned them and he would have ended up doing something in the middle of the Atheneum.

But before he could come out with a real answer he noticed the flush of Caiside's cheeks and the way he leaned in almost desperately. Now that was interesting.

His desire to help Caiside dissolved as his want to find something out to judge him on grew. "...Y...you did meet them, d-didn't you? What happened? I c..could help you b-better if you t..told me. Tell you what you...sp-specifically did wrong." This was true enough, even if he was only using it as an excuse to hear more.
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:
Caiside
But I have places to see

Caiside sniffed, staring down his nose at Sam, his eyes angry slits. Despite the fact hat they were the same height, there was still the sense that Caiside was looking down at Sam, the air of anger and haughtiness only heightened by the careful makeup on his face. It took a lot of effort to not just snap, demand a book to pour over to find his own answers, but this was still (debatably) easier.

”I did nothing wrong.” Caiside sneered in a voice of venom. ”I was asked what I wanted, what my goals were, and when I answered, honestly, o was left alone. Called... boring.” Even repeating it now made him angry, the insult nearly as bad as how he’d been left, though he did keep those details far from his tongue.

Sucking in a breath between his teeth, Caiside stepped away, seemed to address the room. ”I made my sacrifices. I have done more than you can imagine. And to be derided for simply wanting to claim what is owed to me?” He was ranting now, something that had been far more impressive when he’d had full access to his powers. Not that Caiside cared about looks right now, too wrapped up in his anger. ”It’s a fine position to be in, already having what is supposed to be mine!”

With obvious effort, Caiside turned back to Sam, his eyes burning, his jaw set. He hadn’t let the other man see more than he’d meant to, but perhaps it would hasten the knowledge from Sams mind.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Sam flinched back as he saw Caiside's sneer (what a truly horrible and bitter little man he was) but there was a look in his eyes that showed a defiance against it that once would have been unimaginable. "Boring..?" He repeated with the ghost of a smile, loving the idea of Frey telling Caiside he simply wasn't interesting enough for a proper audience.

It seemed that Caiside's anger was not truly directed at him but the situation as a whole, from the way he spoke up as if addressing a crowd surrounding their table.

His initial response was a quiet chuckle under his breath at the idea of anyone being so self obsessed. "...Y..you...Frey d-doesn't owe you an..anything. M..maybe you were p-powerful..be..before. But here you're...j-just an Outlander. A p-person no...no better than me. Or an..anyone else." This was not at all what Caiside wanted to hear but it was what Sam wanted to say, so he said it.

"...Did you br-bring an offering? Frey...Frey likes offerings."
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:
Caiside
But I have places to see

"I am never just anything." Caiside barked, angry eyes focusing back on Sam. The mask of anger cracked at Sam's words, a mirthless laugh escaping him. No better than Sam? Of course he was, how could he not be? He wasn't so vain as to assume he had no betters in this plane, especially with his powers gone, but Sam was not one he would consider above him.

The next question a snort, Caiside rolling his eyes. "Do you tihnk I'm stupid?' He asked in a tone that very much implied he thought Sam was. "I know Gods require offerings. I gave something priceless, and utterly irreplaceable.' For nothing. Caiside thought bitterly, holding his hand up to glare at the blank spot on his finger where his ring had once sat. It hadn't been beautiful, or even particularly valuable, but the ring represented a piece of his past that made him who he was.

"I simply want to know what... aspirations Frey finds worthy, if not power." It was clear that he found the whole idea preposterous. "Or perhaps there is a deity I would be more suited to call upon?"
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Caiside spat yet more abuse at him and Sam watched with only the barest of flinches, the raised voice still triggering something in him that told him to run. But he had control here. He was a member of the Guildhall beneath and the one with more knowledge on the subject being discussed.

"Non...none of the G-Gods are just going to g-give you power, you know." He pointed out, rest his chin on his hand and looking up at Caiside sideways. "You w-will need to a..ask nicely, and d-do something for them." Or at least, that had always been Sam's experience; not that he had ever asked for power, but no one ever got anything from the Gods for free.

Another deity? Sam considered. "...Well...I d-don't think The Voice would...t..talk to you. Safrin or Lu-Ludo might, but I don't...I don't think they'll just g-give you what you want. You need to ask n-nicely."
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:
Caiside
But I have places to see

Caiside sighed, rolling his eyes and leaning back on his heels. He was starting to think that Samuel did truly think he was stupid, and that he had no experience with the divine. Didn't he realise that he was speaking with former divinity? "I offered my services. I was willing, there is no doubt of that." His face twisted, a smile desperately trying to break through as memories of the sensations he had been treated to when things had been going well fluttered through him.

"I was so close to unlocking my true power in my own world. I had worked so hard, and my efforts were finally going to pay off." Perhaps, if he explained a little bit of his situation to the other man, the true direness would sink in. "I was supposed to become a god. And then I was dragged here. You cannot possibly understand what I have done, or what I have lost. Is it so much to ask for some understanding?"

His hand came up to rub between his eyes, careful of the lines painted on his face. "There is more to it than asking nicely. I was nice."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Sam watched Caiside rant and rave with a smile on his face that was almost patronising. He rarely got to feel above anyone, but...was Caiside really so simple? So egotistic?

"M-maybe...you were a G-god in your world. But he...here you are not." He said slowly as if speaking to someone with no chance of understanding. "I...I c-can see why Frey w..wasn't pleased, if you c..came asking for Godhood." Looking down to his book he turned a page, then glanced back up to Caiside.

"I don't th...think I can help you. With...with what you r-really want."