it's a funny old world
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

Letting out a sort-of-growl of affection in return, Sugar made herself more than comfortable against the giant cat, promptly dropping off to sleep to let them talk boring tactics. She'd contribute some more when there was play to be had. Ronin frowned gently as he listened to Remi's description, nodding. "Perhaps it will. I suppose it's not like any other bond either of you have ever shared... though the best person to speak to might be Isla. I guess the change for her is bigger than anything else." Ronin couldn't even imagine it.

Talk, naturally, turned to the Spire Demon, and the guildmaster's blue eyes hardened somewhat as he gazed down at his daughter, rocking her gently in his arms. "Yes," he said softly. "I think we have a fighting chance, and I intend to slay it for good." He almost said what he was thinking, but managed to cage it just in time. Either I'll come back with that thing's head, or I won't come back at all. It didn't mean it wasn't true, though.

ronin
the long and lonesome road
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Nodding, Remi agreed. For the most part he'd just let Isla...be Isla, treated her more or less autonomously as if she were still her own person. It was strange to think that she in some ways wasn't, that the alchemist's attempts to save her had actually forced her into some strange servitude. Hmmm. He would have to speak to her about that...

Whatever Ronin did or didn't say, Remi had known the guildmaster long enough to hear at least some of what was implied. Unlike others though, the alchemist didn't argue, didn't try and talk him out of it, or indicate that such a plan would leave Aoife without any parents.

"Well, Koel will not be around this time. Maybe he was bad luck and this will all be much easier." Remi said with a smirk on his giant lips. Nothing could probably be farther from the truth, as at least Koel used to be a soldier and a scout whereas Remi was...well, absolutely nothing useful, but if the pair couldn't laugh in the fact of what might be their combined deaths, what else could they do?

Яemi
But now it's happily ever never. I guess now I know better
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

"Mm, maybe there's something to that," Ronin agreed with a smirk on his face. In truth he didn't know what had become of his former friend. Like Loren he had scattered to the wind, it seemed, and Ronin was about beyond looking. True, it was unlike the guildmaster to be that way, but so much had happened, so much had been missed, and in truth the pain of opening that old wound would likely finish him off. No, he could just about manage looking at a future without Vanya. Gazing into the past would do him no good.

Carefully hugging his daughter closer, he kissed her forehead and gazed up at the ceiling. "Hey," he said, grinning and shrugging, "if we do die, maybe they'll at least write a cool song about us, huh?" That would be something. It would be even more something if Remi and Ronin were around to hear it. But only time and the eventual conflict would show that outcome. For now, they could relax and leave it for another day.

{END}

ronin
the long and lonesome road