Your Golden Hour
Nature Frey
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Evie
One man's hell is another's God
She lingers on the edges of the shrine for an unknown amount of time. Hands clammy, forcing her to readjust her grip on the small basket held in them. Frequently pushing her hair back away from her face, eyes darting about in the early morning light at any hint of company, it takes a few long minutes before she uproots her feet to approach the shrine.

Folding her knees into a practiced kneel that has never gotten her anywhere before, Evie places her basket tentatively upon the shrine. Within is a small collection of items; muffins she’d baked with the remains of the ingredients she and Deimos had used to make cookies for the festival and sprigs of dried rosemary from her own garden. At her side is the landshark tooth Deimos and the forger had told her could not be worked without godly intervention.

“Frey?” her voice wavers and breaks embarrassingly in the quiet, and she swallows hard. “My name is Evie Wordsworth. I know I am Abandoned, but I mean no disrespect in visiting.” She speaks in a whisper, eyes glued to the basket for fear of seeing the emptiness around her, knowing it could easily remain that way. “Please, I can’t do this without you this time. I need your help.” To be stronger, to go into this war more prepared, so she might protect those around her with more than her healing talents. She’d had her hands and heart in the soil all her life, Frey was her last chance to find a godly haven.
It's all about perspective, a parallax

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
A golden hand reaches over Evie's shoulder to pluck up the landshark tooth; the Abandoned will feel warmth on her back as if there's suddenly bright sunshine beaming over her, and if she turns to look, it will be to find a deity examining the tooth with interest.

"I just saw one of these," Frey remarks, naked and beautiful and somehow incredibly at home even in the frigid conditions that Halo calls Flowerbirth.

"Ah, and muffins as well. Very good." Stepping around Evie to sit with the basket, Frey selects a muffin to nibble upon and balances the tip of the huge shark tooth on their finger. "What does a doll like you want to do with a thing like this, mm?"
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
An answer.

The sunlight she feels on her back is nothing compared to the warmth of what goes on inside her chest. Disoriented, the Evergreen swallows hard and turns slowly to gaze upon Frey. Nudity is nothing new to Evie with how many body types she’s seen in a lifetime of healing all manner of wounds, but Frey is a league above any human she’s ever worked on; ethereal, androgynous, entirely untouchable. But here.

Other landshark teeth and visitors aren’t nearly so profound as the approval of ‘very good’ that melts Evie’s insides into mush. Gods, don’t let that be an awakening of some kind, this is the wrong version of Frey for that. Trying to wrestle her tongue under control, Evie tentatively sidles closer on her knees. “All I’ve ever wanted to do is protect people from harm, and heal what I can’t prevent. I was thinking maybe a shield, something that can create an extended line that reflects attacks?” So that allies to her sides, who could not hide behind the physical barrier of her shield, could be protected from harm.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
Golden and benevolent (and thoroughly enjoying the muffins she's brought), Frey continues the balancing act with the absurdly large shark tooth as Evie explains. Licking the crumbs from their fingers, they finally take the tooth with both hands and hmm in consideration. "Perhaps eventually you might be able to shield others with this," they agree. "But to begin, it will only do a service to yourself. These things take time, doll."

Offering the tooth back out to her, Frey smiles, enigmatic and budding like the blossoms that decorate the trees of the Greatwood. "There is work to do before we can make your shield, though. I do hope you are up to the task..."

Evie has received a quest! She must:

1. Complete a thread investigating the toughness and endurance of the shark tooth. How you choose to do this is up to you! (E.g. Hit it with a hammer, try to carve it with a knife, etc. etc.)
2. Collect the 'shell' from a Penolaeth! (It can be whatever size you like).
3. Complete a training thread focused on defence.
4. Collect volcanic rock from either the Apopo or the Climb.

Bring all the items to the shrine once you are ready to turn in the quest!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Despite knowing they’re a god, Evie still can’t help but gawk a little at Frey’s easy handling of the tooth. It was lightweight in the Evergreen’s arms, but not enough to be held on a fingertip. Her ears nearly physically ache with how attentively she listens to every smooth, lilting word the herald deigns to share. Practically entranced.

A start is all she can ask for. All she has ever asked for. Just a single moment, just one chance, to prove herself at last. She’d nearly forgotten the taste of that desperation. Straightening on her knees, Evie takes the offered tooth back. “Of course, whatever I need to do,” she vows, and commits every task and detail to memory as Frey hands them out. Only then does she rise with the landshark’s tooth, struck by the nervous desire to curtsy and only avoiding giving in because she’s not wearing a skirt. “Thank you, Frey. I won’t waste this chance.”

- Fin!