New Best Friend
MP HAND IN
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Handed in 600MP to get Adam a dragon companion.

-----------

Adam had heard there was a lake nearby and had decided to head there. As much as he liked to keep up a grungy image, his hair didn't poof itself and a smelly body was not a sexy one. Besides, water provided so many good opportunities for posing and flipping your hair about; he needed something to pick his mood up after apparently dying and going to boring Hell.

Coming to the edge of the Oasis, he took off his boots (shaving a good five inches off his height) and belt, laying them to the side. It was still chilly, not exactly burning beach weather, but...he'd been hot in colder conditions.

He'd just gotten his shirt off when he had second thoughts. It had just been snowing...was good hair worth frostbite? Adam kneeled down to the edge of the water and laid a hand on it, cringing at the temperature. Maybe this could wait....

ADAM
maybe i'm my own greatest fear
maybe i'm too scared to admit that
i might not be as dark as i think
maybe i'm not the person
that i never wanted to be

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
random event

The magna vermis were out in force. The rains of Flowerbirth had not yet reached the prolific levels of which they were accustomed, and so currently they were protecting the oasis. It wasn't theirs to protect of course, but as it was, it was basically just a giant puddle and so their small and simple brains had decided to amass around it.

The only trouble was that a fledgling dragon, having been separated from its flock, was currently taking out its youthful angst on the worms and unfortunately having a rather poor go of it.

Across the oasis Adam would see black wings unfurling and a streak of fire blasting out towards a worm. It charred the pink flesh, smelling faintly of steak actually, but apparently doing little damage. The worm continued on as if nothing had happened. Wanting to drink from the oasis on mere principle alone now, the dragonling roared its displeasure loudly, using its claws to slice through one of the smaller worms. That would soon become the least of its worries though...

Uh oh! This young black dragon is currently being attacked by about 10 magna vermis. They range in size mostly from about 6ft - 10ft, but there is one that has a diameter of about 4ft and seems fairly hefty.

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Adam became aware of an odd, meaty smell and looked about for the source of it. When he glanced up he saw one of the most bizarre sights he'd seen (other than the bird). Some kind of large black cat thing was blowing fire at...giant worms? But...no, it wasn't a cat -- a dragon?! The roar made Adam stand up straight and stare even more than he had been, but then suddenly he moved into action.

He felt like he had protect the dragon (because duh, it was a dragon, and he felt an odd kinship with the slightly scruffy black creature) and reached down to his belt to get both his guns, running a ways around the oasis then shooting two carefully aimed shots towards the worms, both intended to run through more than one of the beasts each. "Hey, leave the dragon-thing alone!" He yelled, not knowing if they'd understand him but feeling the need to say it anyway.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
random event

Unfortunately as the dragon swiped at the closest worm with its claws, it did that annoying thing worms are said to do: it basically just became two smaller worms.

With an indignant huff, the dragonling roared once again, bellowing another burst of flame that roasted one of the smaller halves. It smelled quite good actually, but the best part was it had finally stopped moving.

As Adam approached, for a moment the mini-battle subsided as a number of pairs of eyes turned to look at the approaching man. The dragon's nostrils flared slightly unsure what to make of all of this. Surprisingly it was the largest of the worms who broke free of the reverie caused by Adam's sudden appearance, and lunged towards the small dragon, a horrifying circle of teeth suddenly appearing from its fleshy pink skin.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam grinned as his shots hit but his joy was short lived as the worms multiplied, just making the scene look more messy for his new dragon friend. Clearly weapons weren't going to cut this and as he saw a worm lunge for the dragon he dropped his pistol and dived into the oasis without thought, swimming to reach the other side.

As soon as he came up he lept up onto the edge of the Oasis and tried to shove the dragon out of the way out of the worms, reaching up with a leg to kick one of them hard as he did. Perhaps not the best thought out plan, but one that was carried out with as much passion as the most prepared quest in the world.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person

Change author:
random event

The roar of the pistol rapport stunned both dragon and worms giving Adam plenty of time to cross the relatively narrow lake. By the time he'd arrived the dragon had slashed the smaller worms into twice the number of even smaller worms, leaving them to crawl frustratingly around the dragonlings black legs, bitting at its feet.

The largest of the worms bit at the dragons rump, its serrated teeth biting into its blackened scales and coming away with a mouth full of blood. Roaring its pain, the dragon snapped its teeth trying to retaliate, blowing a streak of fire towards the mouth of the magna vermis. It was at this moment that Adam shoved it aside. Through surprise or anger (it was hard to tell which), the dragon turned its jet of fire on the human, singeing both facial and chest hair.

The worm Adam kicked squelched its displeasure which of course only angered the larger one more. Site set on Adam now, it lunged with its mouth open aiming for the highwayman's arm.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"I'm trying to help you, you little fuck!" Adam yelled as he felt the heat of the fire rush dangerously close to his face. Luckily it seemed that all had suffered so far was the hair on his face and not the actual skin, so he could move his attention to the worms: whom he had also just angered.

Without his guns or his boots, he was rather screwed for ways to properly defend himself. As the worm tried to bite at his arm Adam twisted himself back and away, trying to roll as far from the worm as possible. "Aim your fucking fire at the worm's mouth!" He yelled at the dragon, unsure if it understood him but needing to try something.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person

Change author:
random event

The dragon roared haughtily back at Adam, in what was probably dragon for well fucking be helpful then, or something similar.

Whether the dragon did or didn't understand, it indeed blew a blast of fire into the worm's mouth. Singing and scalding the inside of whatever strange oral cavity it possessed, charred pink flesh eroded to black before their eyes and the savory smell of chicken filled the air. With no teeth to bite with, the magna vemris gummed angrily towards the pair. However sensing that it was probably on the losing end of this battle now, it gurgled something obscene at them (probably).
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

To Adam's relief the dragon did follow his instruction, blowing fire right into the worms mouth; he scrambled further back as he watched it fall and gurgle. It seemed the main danger was over now and he sighed out a breath of relief, pushing the other worms away with his feet. "We should get outta here." He told the dragon, looking back towards his things.

"Can you...fly? Or swim? I know you got hurt. I got something that'll sort that out, if you follow me." Adam motioned for the dragon to follow then rolled back into the water, swimming across the lake once more to find his belt and satchel.

ADAM
maybe i'm not the person

Change author:
random event

The dragon flapped its wings. It was young, yes, but it had learned to fly, thank you very much. With an indignant puff of smoke, it looked at the water as if to say did you miss the fire I just breathed? It was not keen on swimming if that wasn't obvious enough.

Glancing towards Adam as he began to swim, the dragonling blinked slowly. With its flock gone it wasn't really sure what it ought to do. Too young to make it in this world alone, it felt a strange sort of kinship forming with the strange creature in the water.

And so, it followed.

Congratulations! This dragon has now bonded to Adam!