Mini Event primum non nocere
Open to all medics/healers!
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

It was time. The notice had been posted and the Infirmary was in as good a state as it might be given what they had been left to work with. Together with Jigano and the nurses here and there, they had whipped the place back into suitable shape. The only thing missing were doctors, but that had been the case even when Isla had been the resident physician. It was about time that changed.

Vai was seated within the waiting area before the ward - the infirmary doors were propped open and the chairs had been arranged in such a way that it would facilitate discussion and conversation. Hopefully, by the time this was over, the Infirmary would have a roster of skilled men and women to call upon, and situations like the previous LongNight would never happen again.

vervain
she's a wild one with an angel's face

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Whenever the infirmary was in need of assistance, Phoebe almost always showed up. Now that Isla wasn't running it, she figured her help might be needed more. Sure, she had a focused practice but she still had more knowledge than some regarding keeping people alive. So when she saw the notice, the midwife took note and made sure to show up promptly.

Seeing Vai there put her at some ease, and she smiled warmly at her. Hello Miss Vai. I hope its okay that I came?" she said. She hoped her skills, however limited, might be welcomed.
Phoebe
Be gentle to all and stern with yourself
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Though Evie's magical abilities were still hidden, she was still a healer of sorts. She peddled her potions and herbs and oils as doing the work though it was her the whole time. Offering her services here might make the illusion of being an accepted harder to continue to propagate, but Evie had a kind heart (towards all except her twin), and she would risk revealing who she was if the Settlement was in need of extra assistance.

"Hello." She called with a fresh and youthful sort of nervousness as she entered through the propped open doors. "My name is Evie Wordsworth. I have an apothecary shop in town. I have only ever provided medical supplies to the infirmary before, but perhaps if you are in need I could do a bit more?"

With a pretty smile, she took a seat one spot away from Vervain, her eyes lowering towards the witch's bump before rising back up to her face with a growing smile.

evie
Please don't ever become a stranger
whose laugh I could recognize anywhere
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Jigano might have lost his healing magics, but he retained his knowledge of diagnosing diseases and handling smaller injuries... and Isla had trained him personally, at least a little. It would dishonor their friendship if he didn't put that training to use, and his own conscience would sting him sharply if he didn't offer help where he could. Besides, thanks to the former mistress of the Infirmary the Loreseekers already had a good store of useful medical texts, herbals, and personal journals of previous healers to draw on. He and Vervain were in the process of finding more whenever they had the chance, too, creating a library that would be useful to all who needed to look up something outside of their usual specialty.

Besides, he had helped clean the place up after Long Night. It seemed only right to return there now to offer what aid he could.

It was no surprise, then, that the Lorekeeper and bard made his way to the Infirmary with a bright smile of support for Vervain, and a cordial nod for the others who were already gathered there. He seated himself at his friend and ex-employer's right side in a gesture of support, and waited to see who else would arrive before they began in earnest.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

Vai waited until it seemed as though no others would arrive - and whilst there were only three, two of whom she knew already, this was still more than they had currently. And more might arrive later on; it was hardly a timed event. Smiling kindly between Jigano and Phoebe, she nodded to the latter. "Of course," she said. "The more the merrier, and I know you're good at what you do."

The stranger - Evie Wordsworth, she turned out to be - was more than a welcome addition. "Vervain Calob - but please, call me Vai." She nodded back to the young woman, arching an eyebrow as she heard her out and seeming encouraged. If nothing else, at least now she knew where the infirmary might get more of its supplies.

"Thank you, all of you for coming," she said. "The fact that there are only four of us here speaks volumes about why the meeting was needed. The Infirmary's doctor - Isla Lockwood - unfortunately perished during LongNight." She glanced sidelong at Jigano and gave a small smile; 'perished' wasn't exactly the right word given what had happened next, but it was the easiest way to explain it to those who didn't know.

"I used to run the Rathskeller downstairs, but I thought my skills would be more use here. I know basic first aid and I'm learning more from the material Isla had here, but I also possess healing magic. Any help you all could give would be more than welcome."

vervain

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Evie Wordsworth? That would make her Sam's sister, then, and Jigano tilted his head at her curiously. An apothecary shop was a useful sort of place to know about, and he made a mental note to seek it out later. He was also interested to learn a bit more about her, given how little his friend had spoken of her. That she was here offering to help, though, when she could have easily stayed away and focused on her own business, spoke well of the girl.

The young midwife made a great deal of sense, and he was glad to see her as well, in spite of the seriousness of their meeting.

He caught Vai's smile and gave a little nod of his head to the side in acceptance of her word choice. It was the truth, after all: Isla had perished. She just... hadn't stayed that way, and much of her skill had been lost. Her knowledge, too, if she could no longer easily communicate with anyone.

"I once had access to some small healing magics, and could use magic healing items back on my world," the bard chimed on when Vai had listed her own abilities. "Unfortunately, I've lost those... but I also have skill with basic first aid, and Isla trained me in suturing, concussion treatment, and resuscitation." He hesitated, then gave a little self-deprecating shrug. "Much of my knowledge of other medicine comes from books rather than practice, but I'm a fair hand at diagnosing diseases and toxins, as well - at least, the ones that Caido has in common with my world - and can suggest remedies for the skills of Ms. Wordsworth to prepare."
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
{Image: J02JHet.jpg}
Kalt

you must teach your sense of self
to stand upon its own two feet

He had worked with Isla three times, twice in the infirmary and once in the strange world that the book that sucked him and a few others into. She was a truly good person, if his judge of character was worth anything real, and he respected her as a colleague and even as a budding acquaintance. To hear that she had died over Longnight was a bit of a hit that he didn’t expect to actually affect him.

Regardless, this left Kalt as the only actually trained doctor in the little settlement. He had graduated from Northwind’s best medical school - on his Master’s coin, which was one of the very few things he was thankful for towards that masked demon - at seventeen years old and at the top of his class. An anatomical and ailment genius, Kalt was extremely skilled in the medical arts.

The fact that Vervain was the one calling the meeting was a bit of a thorn in his side, but he wasn’t going to allow the little disagreement over Ashe stop him from offering his services to the community. She might have banned him from the Rathskeller, but she couldn’t ban him from the only infirmary in the bubble. Besides, cutting him off of that place wasn’t hurting him, but rather the rest of the community. On top of his seemingly endless knowledge of the medical practices, he did discover that he had budding healing magic as well.

Ariving fashionably late, as was customary to make an entrance, Kalt stuck gloved hands into his pocket and leaned against the wall with a casual grin to the others. He recognized three of them, the redhead being the only completely unfamiliar one to him. He listened to what the others had to say before making himself known.

”I attended the best medical school in Northwind for three years and graduated at the top of my class ahead of most people who had been there for their entire schooling,” he announced. ”Worked as an acting doctor for years, treating countless ailments and performed probably just as many surgeries.” Granted, many of those were for torture and information gathering purposes, but that didn’t lessen his qualifications. ”I know the infirmary and worked with Isla here before. Despite the personal opinions that some of you may hold-” his eyes found Vai when he said that, ”-I know what I’m doing around here.”

He was preparing for Vai to out him to the others as an assassin, but he didn’t really care. He had done what he needed to survive, and whatever his past might have held, it was just that...his past.

instead of propped up on the views
of every person that you meet

Ravenshire
Desmond Sariel
Healer

Age: 34 | Height: 6’ | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

Desmond approached the infirmary after having seen the call posted to the notice board. The young healer had one hand in his pocket and the other casually resting on the strap of his satchel that held most of his medical supplies. There was almost never a time when he was without it, so there was certainly no reason to leave it at home when he was going to the infirmary to meet with other healers.

Deep blue eyes looked over the faces that had already joined, and he walked inside, taking a seat with the others. He gave a small smile to Vai, the only face there with which he had already interacted at the Festival of Lights.

He wasn’t shocked to hear of this Isla person’s death during Longnight. The death toll during the week of darkness was something that the man was too familiar with.

”Sorry I’m late,” he said with a small smile. ”I’m Desmond. I don’t, um, really have any professional training, but I’ve worked as a healer out of my house - which I’ve turned into an infirmary of sorts - for years.” He glanced at the others, grateful to see that there were more people here than he had actually anticipated. Healers and doctors were in short supply for such a dangerous place. For one of them to have been lost during Longnight wasn’t shocking, but it was definitely unfortunate.

DESMOND
to watch the dawn
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe appreciated Vai's welcome, but as other people piped up, she felt grossly under qualified. An apothecarist, a magically gifted healer, a medic, and a trained doctor (from the medical school in Northwind's capital no less??)...then her. A midwife. Babies. That's what she knew about. She swallowed dryly, clasping her hands in front of her nervously as she glanced around the room, realizing it was time she ought speak up and state her skills. Out of the blue she remembered advice her mother had given her to cope with the derisive teasing of the girls at finishing school. If you speak confidently, you give them one less thing to judge you for.

"I am a midwife, of more than ten years experience." Phoebe started with. "I've some basic medical training including suturing and resuscitation, as well as preparation of herbal remedies and medications. Back home in Northwind I was recognized for my skill in performing successful cesarean sections without the aid of magic with more consistency than anyone else at the time." she said, voice steady and calm, a small smile on her lips as she spoke despite her trepidation declaring her worth in this gathering. Though she hoped that last tidbit helped a lot. It was a terribly dangerous procedure after all, and anyone that knew even a little surely would recognize the skill it took to perform them safely.
Phoebe
Be gentle to all and stern with yourself
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Evie wasn't really up for share and tell. But her parents had taught her nothing if not to rise to the occasion—especially where appearances were concerned—and so she smiled warmly to the group, listening as each spoke, before slipping in her introduction when there was a suitable lull.

"I have worked with the Chandrakants for years now." She said, glancing towards Desmond who was the only face here that she recognized. For the others, Evie realized that this name would mean nothing, and if she said Nani-ji, they would think she was speaking of her own grandmother, if indeed they even knew what the word meant. Looking towards Jigano, completely unaware who he was to Sam, she smiled demurely and nodded. In her mind, Evie wanted to ask why this Outlander possibly thought that he would be suggesting things to her after having been here for what? A season? Maybe more? As if she hadn't been here her entire life, working with healers who were just as knowledgeable as him, perhaps more?

Instead of showing any of this though, Evie merely nodded with a gracious smile. "I would be more than happy to help." She said, before shooting a look towards Desmond and wondering if he had similar thoughts of why do I get the feeling they are treating us like we're complete idiots here?

evie
Please don't ever become a stranger
whose laugh I could recognize anywhere
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

Vai listened closely to all of the explanations and experiences offered, only freezing at the sound of a familiar arrogant drawl from the doorway. Her eyes locked upon Kalt, wanting instinctively to slap his smug face, but she swallowed the urge. That probably wouldn't do much good for first impressions in an infirmary of all places. So instead she merely nodded, then offered a small smile to Desmond as he also came to join them.

"Well, I feel a lot more confident than when I was trying to clean this place up after LongNight. Thanks, all of you. I assume that your being here means you're willing and able to help? It doesn't really matter where or when - if you can all let me know your availability, maybe I could write something up and we could take it in turns minding the place and running things?" She glanced around, unsure of the public opinion on that.

vervain

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Still ignorant to Kalt's past as an assassin, Jigano smiled a welcome to the comrade he had shared an adventure and a research afternoon with. The quiet man who followed Kalt in was a stranger, but still welcome in his experience and desire to help. The bard gave Desmond a nod as well, making note of his name. His smile grew encouraging as Phoebe spoke up, remembering the young woman's lack of confidence in being treated with respect. He inclined his head to her as she finished, glad to have someone else familiar with resuscitation and suturing - and more practiced than he was, almost certainly.

Evie's quiet graciousness was charming, and he returned her smile. Yes, he would definitely seek her shop out later. She might be interested in the herbal he was in the midst of translating from an Outlander language. It had some interesting differences from the ones written in the common tongue they all conveniently shared. Once he would have shared it with Isla, but now...

His thoughts were interrupted by Vervain's suggestion, and he nodded, offering his friend and once-boss a warm smile. "I'd be willing to pitch in for that," he agreed, ruefully considering how little sleep he got anyways now. Ah well. He could steal naps in his office in the Atheneum. "I could do afternoons or evenings when I'm not on call down in the Rathskeller," he offered with a lopsided grin for the ex-bar owner.
Nat haniel Sterling
Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
The weakness we left behind
seems to be getting stronger
Nathaniel was late. He might have made excuses — busy with his own small farm, ran into trouble on the way — but really he was not sure he wanted to come. He spent most of his life now staying out of the way, minding his own business. Helping people was the exact opposite of that. He never made much use or even drew much attention to his innate (lack of) talent. Preferred instead to pretend there was nothing at all special about him.

Nonetheless, he made his way up into the temple at a brisk walk, the sun well-faded outside the walls. He was aware increasingly of the number of Outlanders crowding them out of their homes. Outlanders getting into trouble. Causing problems for everyone else. He had never cared much about them, but for the other Naturals trying to keep things together, keep the Settlement safe?

Nathaniel kept his distance, but he worried.

So he stumbled into the room later than the rest. He was surprised to see so many, and then embarrassed by his surprise. As if he would be the only one to come? That was an egotistical assumption. His eyes scanned the small crowd, recognizing the Wordsworth girl, the Rathskeller’s ex-proprietor, and no one else. Though perhaps he had seen the white-haired man in the settlement — his appearance striking enough to linger in memory. Nathaniel knew none of them beyond vague recognition, anyway. He stepped into the room, feeling altogether too large, and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hi." With an aborted wave, he ducked into the nearest chair. "Nate. I — I have healing magic." He could feel his face reddening and felt suddenly very stupid. These people had to be much better healers than he, much more practiced. Even that baby-faced girl across from him. He swallowed, pressed the palms of his hands together, and pretended his heart wasn't trying to beat its way out of his chest.

"It's not much, but if it can help, I'm here."