{se} platinum canary blues
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Evie
Deimos had said the Sea of Glass was one of his favorite places, so Evie had intentionally asked him out onto the ice today. She had refused to divulge exactly what the plan was for the day, merely telling him what weather to dress for and what to bring. The rest would simply have to be a surprise.

It's not that she has a specific event planned, but what she has to tell him is exciting enough to warrant stealing him from his work for the day in her eyes. As they approach the shrine, Evie pulls from her pack a few metal shapes; artistic flower cut outs that a craftsman had made in the Citadel from forge scraps. It seems fitting for the God she seeks to honor, and they won't wilt or be killed immediately by the cold and ice like real flowers.

Only after saying a quick prayer - one that is far more sincere than the ones she'd made in the last few years - does the Evergreen turn and excitedly grab Deimos' hand. "I have something exciting to tell you now that we're here," bursts free, having been kept firmly in her throat the entire journey. It's difficult not to bounce on her toes like a child, but she resists through sheer willpower. "Do you remember the landshark tooth that you told me might need godly intervention to shape? I took it to the shrine in the Citadel. And Frey answered me." To anyone else this might seem inconsequential, but to Evie it is everything. And she trusts that Deimos knows that, and will celebrate her success alongside her.
I'll be with you each and every night
Chasing that horizon in your eyes
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Deimos

The moment they stepped along the tundra, the predacious pull, the willingness to unravel flesh and blood and bone into something animalistic, drummed along his blood. A vivid pulse, a familiar edge, the way knives eternally held serrated fringes, contorted and rippled along his mind. It would’ve been very easy to disentangle into a hound’s presence, to pull apart the coils and contorted knots and gnarls, claws digging into the surface of the world, spreading across the outsets with reckless abandon.

The only thing tempering the notions was Evie – no yearning to leave her behind as he rampaged across the earth. Instead, his long sweeping strides held the familiarity from multiple worlds, head held high into the winds, never dismayed by the chill of the wind; only tilting to listen, that telltale arch of his brow silently yielding to curiosity as she sought the inclinations of the shrine, with all its baubles and glass.

The Sword pulled nothing out at first – more inclined to snag and take in the designations, gaze sweeping from the crafted, metallic shapes, and back to the Evergreen herself. Hands snagged, he nearly snorted at the abruptness, and the sudden excitement, until the reality of why erupted into clarity.

Because she had strived, and tried, and sometimes that seemed to be more than enough. “Congratulations,” on a broad smile and then a touch of his forehead to hers, shared plumes of breath. “And what did Frey say?”
it's not the waking, it's the rising
It's the fire it ignites
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
She has no way of knowing the primordial pull he feels, incapable of feeling it herself, but she knows how often he utilizes those animal shapes of his soul; the fact that he remains at her side, walking far slower and spending more of his time away from his duties, is not beyond her. It warms her more than the thick furs of her coat and many layers beneath could ever hope to achieve.

It's hard to keep the information to herself long enough to make it to the shrine, but it's entirely worth it in the end. Even with the wind on the ice and the glare of the sun off the snow, as he lets her bring him close by the hand it feels like all the other small irritants of the frozen sea they stand on disappear. She has him, and Halo, and now - a chance from Frey. It feels like these are all belated rewards for all she has lost, but Evie isn't going to question them now.

Her cheeks are pink with joy as much as cold as he touches their foreheads together, clouds of grey from shared breaths tickling up their skin and into the wind. Evie squeezes his hands as she smiles helplessly, needing some sort of outlet for her happiness as it threatens to overflow and sweep her away. "They said they could make a shield for me; one that I would need to quest to create a radius of protection for people around me, but which could protect me alone at first. They gave me a few things to do of course, but," any further words disappear beneath the force of her grin, eyes opening to peer at him where he stands so close, unwilling to part from the little space they've created in the hollows of their bodies. "They answered," she breathes, blinking rapidly to obscure happy wetness that springs to her lashes. "There's so much to do, and I know the war is close, but anything that can help is worth the effort."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos

Despite those primitive features coiled and contorted through his bones, the Sword remained still, the urgency to run and rampage sent to brim and brew underneath muscle and sinew. He pulled back only slightly to watch the alterations in expressions, piercing gaze nonetheless regaled by the happiness in her voice, in the restlessness between clutched hands. Quiet and observant, he parsed through the layers of potentials and settled on shields, on protections; an inquiry already settling on his tongue, intending and eager to ask, but watching the rapid plumes and the eagerness unfurl along her frame, he delayed the sentiments for another. “And how do you feel?” Because it was a complicated matter, one he was well aware of, to be ignored for so long, to eventually grow unsettled at the notions of shrines and furtiveness of deities, at the complexities intermingled when striving to achieve and be seen, be noticed, be heard – and finally snagging at all of it together. Sometimes there were embittered emblems. Sometimes it was simply relief, confusion, or combinations of the emotions riddling and rankling souls.

Head tilting vaguely, his mouth rested on her hairline for a moment, brows furrowed in contemplation. “What were you asked to do?” He considered the Nature aspects of Frey to be reliable and fair, especially given everything they’d designated for Halo, but curiosity always curled its way back to the forefront. As for the timing wise, he too had things to accomplish and settle, and with purpose-driven aspects of his steadfast, determined haze, Deimos believed them wholly capable of achievement before the season ended. “You still have time.”
It's the fire it ignites
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Her restlessness is a growing, reaching thing, but he is the only thing in reach and so he is subject to her squeezing hands and the way she presses close, boots shuffling in the snow. Not unlike the desire to run, fly, charge through rime and frost on paws and wings.

He is too familiar with the struggles of her faith not to ask it, and her heart warms with it even as her restlessness settles just a little with the reminder of old hurts and silent shrines. “I don’t think I’ll ever be able to understand or forgive what they’ve done to Abandoned,” she admits, but her expression is still mild as her thumbs rub mindlessly at Deimos’ palms through their gloves, “but to be in their presence was like nothing I’d felt before. I feel…good. Hopeful.” And there is that word again. A small, humored smile twitches on her lips as she looks into Deimos’ eyes, vibrant hair tickling at her cheeks where the insistent wind over the ice pulls it from her braid. It has no power over her attention, solely tuned to the man in front of her.

“They instructed me to test how strong the tooth is, collect the shell from a Penolaeth, collect volcanic rock, and train focusing on defensive maneuvers in preparation for wielding a shield.” Having looked up to the sky to remember each item since her hands were occupied and she couldn’t list them off on her fingers. “Want to throw things at me for an hour or so sometime?” she offers playfully, suspecting he’d eagerly latch onto that portion of the quest.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

The Sword didn’t have lifetimes of rejection instilled in his form – not from the power eternally stoked in his veins. It’d been widely accepted, and expected, amidst Isilme and Helovia, natural, inherent, marked and marched almost as a necessity in lands consistently torn apart by war. But here, where one bad seed had spoiled the entire multitudes of capable and willing people, he’d still held his head high. There hadn’t been his diminished ends, but a seditious, defiant, rebellious nonconformity, still striving, still trying. He didn’t have a family who’d repressed the notions. He hadn’t experienced an entire life where his magic was treated like a vice, like a sin, like poison and venom, rather than the beneficial ends and means.

And that was why he’d asked – because the overwhelming venture of a herald finally seeing one’s soul had a certain complexity.

His hands closed over hers, gentle and secure, the vague head tilt remaining as she pieced together feelings, emotions, and ruminations. A thousand things to puzzle in the midst, and he wouldn’t have been surprised if she wasn’t certain, or meandered along alternating, parallel paths. “And you do not have to,” he shrugged his shoulders, breathing in that acceptable answer as well. “But I am glad you still got to experience it.” And would again – given the state of her quest.

The other notions were easier – shell and rock collecting, and then the defensive necessities of training made his mouth catch in a snicker that would’ve been nearly nefarious. Vengeance drew the lines along his lips, parted them along with a boyish, but no less insurgent air. “I could find some time.”
It's the fire it ignites
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
He has no way of knowing what impact it had, seeing him carry himself so proudly even after realizing the depths of hatred against Abandoned in Caido. It’s why she’d shared her secret with him so early on, and why she shares this victory with him first above all others. Where all others fade, die, or distance themselves, he remains her confidant. The warmth of his hands even through their gloves is grounding, pulling her head from the memory of how Frey felt in person, returning her to the present.

A present that invokes teasing, boyish notions, but they make her laugh all the same, head tilted fondly forward towards him instead of to the sky. “I thought you might enjoy that,” she admits, embracing the freeness of her own joy, marveling at how long its been since she felt this way. “The only thing I’m unsure of is the Penolaeth - can you or the Guild tell me about it?” Evie is happy to do some reading of the Guild journals if they’re available to the public, but she doesn’t want to get murder-happy for a shell if she doesn’t need to.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

The silent comradery remained, and he only pulled away slightly to instill his own measures at the base of the shrine, amidst and amongst the finery of glassy baubles and warm plumes of breath curling and coiling. There was no need to pull offerings from his pockets when they could be readily made – conforming from his hands within a matter of moments – a vase to match the veneered fixtures, and similar stems, flowers, attached to them. But where there would normally be petals sequestered stars and cosmos inflections. Crouching slightly to place them along the pedestals, he inclined his head, still giving Evie his full attention, not yet partaking in silent prayers to the goddess. “I have not seen one myself, but there are some things in the journals. In the Feverlands, I believe,” eyes tilting upward, mind going through fragments and pages of the books. “They live in shells from skulls, so their size has a range. Eight razor-sharp legs.” Because rarely was anything peaceful in Caido.

Another notion stirred at him, and he plunged his head downward, lost in thought for a moment, while his hands restlessly poked at the ornamental décor. “I heard Cordelia will be stepping down as Warden.” The General might have tried to lose the heavy sigh amidst his chest, but it still betrayed him in the midst of the breath circling around him in the frigid air.
It's the fire it ignites
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
There’s no need to cling as their hands separate, content to watch over him and his artistry as gifts are made and left in short order, admiring as always the depth and intricacy in the way he utilizes his magic. The information he shares is tucked away to be parsed and ruminated over at a later hour. Unfortunate that she would have to visit the Feverlands of all places - fair skin and freckles didn’t contend well with blistering heat and no cloud coverage - but at least it would only be for one thing. Last she heard Torchline was still unreasonably cool, so her visit to Apopo would be much easier to bear.

Even from above she can see the change in his demeanor, and all planning dissipates from her mind as she refocuses in on him, brow drawing with worry moments before he speaks. It freezes her tongue into place, the discomfort welling in her stomach. There had been rumors yes, but Evie was in no position to verify those. Until now.

She reaches to place a gentle, but steadying hand on his shoulder, and kneels beside him in the snow. Careless of the way her knees immediately dampen. “Will there be a vote? Can anyone else in the council step in to ensure the transfer of power is to someone Noah and Cordelia would want in their stead?” A restless worry settles at the base of her throat. Could anyone simply run for Warden? Would they have to bet the safety and allegiance of their home on chance?
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

An unsettling air fragmented through his fingers, and he couldn’t help the restless toying of the glassy fixtures and figurines, because memories and past lives were voracious things even now. A beckoning, a clawing, of shadowy fixtures that once lingered on precipices and gathered the darkest layers possible, that haunted every eave and remained a daunting, overwhelming, bestial thing. Changed and altered, but still very much sequestered in his lungs, in his bones, in the marrow of who he was at the core – and his jaw clenched on reflex.

He arched his brow as Evie kneeled beside him, breathing in less restraint, as if he wasn’t purposefully choking the air out of his lungs with each passing moment. His shoulders shrugged under the weight of one of her hands, gloves placing one of the starred adornments back into its vase placeholder, easing back more firmly on his stance. “They usually see if anyone is interested, and then a vote is held.” The underlying intonations were what held him down the most, and his eyes narrowed, going from her, and then to the shrine. “I have avoided it for a long time. It has never been my ambition to lead.” Much more comfortable in the militaristic role – in governing groups of power and might, of providing instruction and refinement to those willing to protect and shield, to shelter and safeguard.
It's the fire it ignites
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
The tension and unease in him is like a miasma, viscous and plain to the eye, and her hands twitch with the instinctive urge to lay them upon him and take that infection and bleed it dry with her magic. But this isn’t a hurt she can fix. At least not magically. But she can lend him her ear to listen, her shoulders to bear his worries, her hands to hold or to help fix, even her mind so that they might lay a path out of this on stones wrought from their shared wisdom. It is still healing, but a human sort, one that requires no supernatural powers. Only love.

“I know,” she assures softly, only loud enough to overcome the soft moan of the wind over the ice. It’s why she’d never asked him to join her in leading the Grounds. She had seen over the years the way he’d shied from the role, and knew him to be happier as a General no matter which land. But there’s a finality, a dread in his tone, that she can’t ignore. “What is making you reconsider now?” Evie won’t sway him either way, but a stubborn, willful part of her awakens and slowly opens one eye at the expression on his face. If she can protect him from this somehow, she will, but first she has to know what is finally forcing his hand.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

The wind pooled and brandished; he felt nearly none of it. Confined and rooted inward, muscles tensing, the discomfort evident as he sought to return to the refuge of shells and walls, even if they were just natural, inherent things. But that wasn’t fair to Evie, and the inquiries nestled within gave rise to greater notions, perhaps fear and terror, than just listlessly pawing his way through crowded, irritated emotions. The rumbles flickered along the beat of the breeze, colliding with his reasoning, with the unspoken, unsaid layers still wrapping around his bones. “We do not have many options.” Some had already filled in the role before, including himself, put in their time and efforts, found other means and measures more fulfilling. Some didn’t have the hours any longer. Some didn’t have the experience. Some didn’t want it, and had made their boundaries clear – even as he eyed his own, wondering how much farther and further he’d have to step. “Halo needs some consistency.” He shrugged his shoulders again, could feel the weight beginning to surge and crawl.

The Sword wondered just how many times it’d be him sacrificing – or if he’d simply been permitted enough time to enjoy the comforts of the world, and now…

He could feel his teeth beginning to grind down on one another, and he released another stifled breath. “I have led before,” a casual admittance, as if it hadn’t made him into a far more nefarious, savage, barbaric creature, ruthless to a point where not many would’ve stopped him from obliterating an enemy that crossed the line of mountain paths. Or that he’d permitted himself to drive his own soul into the ground. “I just do not want to be miserable, or make anyone else the same.” The simplicity of it – and the veracity made him incline his eyes back to hers, watching.
It's the fire it ignites
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
There is no Attuned bond to lean and rely upon, and Evie has never known what one feels like, so all she can do is kneel at his side and try to show him physically that he is not alone even in the turbulence of his emotions. He does well in sharing what’s on his mind, and what little goes unsaid Evie reads between the lines. She can see the shadow of the axe he feels on his nape, and her hands twitch with the desire to stop its inevitable descent. Instead, gloved fingers curl uselessly against his shoulder, impotent.

It doesn’t have to be you, she wants to say, if only because she wants to spare him from what he sees as a resignation, a doomed fate. But he would not be saying these things if he felt it could be avoided any other way.

That he had led before is a surprise, but he’d told her enough of Hotaru and the Basin in small snippets of conversation for it to be an easy conclusion, a connection of synapses she hadn’t realized were so close to resolution. As he turns his gaze to her and she reads in his face all the worries she has held on her own shoulders, Evie hesitates. For a prolonged moment she merely stares back into his eyes. Considering. Her own stomach sinking as she stands at the edge of the maw, remembering the pull of those depths, the weight of that crown. But then she reaches for his hand and tangles her fingers in his, and she squeezes with a strength she didn’t know still existed in her veins. “I can run with you,” emerges with a certainty she couldn’t have anticipated lining words like these until the very moment they’re said, “if you’ll have me. I won’t let you do it alone.” And even if he denies her at his side politically, he will have her there all the same in every other way. Unofficial, yes, but she would be his counsel, his reprieve, the light to guide him home when it was time to remove the crown. “If you feel this is what Halo needs, and that only you can provide it, then I’ll be right there with you. We’ve both led before - we can keep each other steady. Yeah?” And though her lips tremble a little with the awareness of what she’s willing to put herself back into, the strength of her hand in his never wavers.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

The Sword had rarely been a being to ask for help in any capacity. Though one of the first on sight or on hand should one of his allies, family, friends, or loved ones ever even require the notion of consideration, bowing his head and pleading for something hadn’t ever been one of his strong suits. Maybe it was pride. Stubbornness. Or the notions of self-sacrifice ran so damned deep in his veins that even beginning to believe another would do the same for him was appalling and bewildering. So they stared and watched one another for a matter of moments, the synapses churning, the ends burning, the time and lapse of experience carving at too many measures and images. For half a second, his eyes flickered away, wondering about the way mistakes sculpted, and if they could see them at all in the initial outlines –

And for her hands to pull at his again, enveloping and entangling, and his stern brows furrowing at the sudden movements, until the certainty burst along her voice. His jaw slackened, mouth agape for the tiniest of gestures, before he regained his breath, spoke into the ice and wind. “You know I would not ask you to do that,” for all her own backgrounds, practices, and sagacity, for the efforts she’d put in before, for things that led her down into the Wilds and not in the Grounds.

She must’ve known he’d take more convincing, simply because Deimos wasn’t the type to drag anyone else into the brink of disaster with him – even if these multitudes might not even occur upon this plain. Protective and sheltering, easily bending his frame in front of everyone else’s so they didn’t have to feel the brunt of pain, the onslaught and terror of trauma. An argument nestled somewhere along his teeth, but then Evie spoke once more and he shook his head, fingers wrapping along her own. “I will never be sure if I am right for any place.” He didn’t have the arrogance in him to even consider the semblances. The willingness to try might have hastened the circumstances. “But if it is something you want to do,” he snorted, another shrug undulating through a roll of muscle that desperately wanted to peel the invisible weight away. He wouldn’t be able to stop her, and he didn’t want to add more dramatics, more pressure, to a fledgling relationship. “Maybe we will be lucky and someone else will be more inclined,” eager to dispel the notions with humor and half a smile.
It's the fire it ignites