[SEASONAL EVENT][OPEN]Pretty in Yellow
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825

Phoebe may not have spent Long Night at her clinic, but it was still clear that all the things that went bump in the darkness had paid it a visit. Muddy footprints from…something…walking along her porch, broken branches on the shrubbery outside, claw marks in the pretty pale yellow paint she had put on the outer walls. For now, she was working on repairing the damaged paint, which required very specific weather conditions in order to accomplish successfully.

And being that it was Flowerbirth, dry conditions were hard to come by. But they did happen on the rare occasion.

Taking advantage of a break in the rain, the little midwife brought her buckets of paint outside, along with brushes and a step stool. She was in the same tunic and leggings combo she had been when she worked on setting the place up, her hair in a messy bun atop her head. Once everything was arranged she dipped a brush in the paint and set to work, covering the scratches and claw marks with a fresh coat of light yellow paint, smiling when she realized it reminded her of the honeysuckle crown Frey had made her.

Phoebe
shine like gold, buzz like a bee, oh you make me smile
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

"Want a hand?"

The Ronin that called to Phoebe sounded much more like the one from before LongNight, though whether or not that was a social mask was anyone's guess. The guildmaster was in a light shirt without a jacket, enjoying the break in the rain as much as the midwife, evidently. Over his shoulder he hefted a sack of what looked like apples and other fruits from the Fields, and he carried a bundle of kindling beneath his free arm.

Well, he had promised to help out Phoebe in exchange for what she had done for him and Aoife, and Ronin rarely forgot his promises. Still, it looked like there was something else he might be able to assist with here, the ex-captain smiling faintly as he gazed up at the clinic. "Yellow. How cheerful." He nodded his approval.

ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

Phoebe looked back in surprise when she heard a familiar voice, smiling when she saw Ronin there. ”Oh, Ronin! Hello there.” she said brightly. He looked…well. Very well she decided. Much better than when she had seen him last certainly. ”If you don’t mind I would gladly welcome a set of helping hands. The Long Night monsters really did a number on the siding.” she said with a little huff. The last thing she wanted was for expecting mothers to show up and get all freaked out seeing claw marks on the outside of the house.

”How is Aoife?” she asked, helping him get his things set down if he allowed. Phoebe glanced at the yellow color and smiled. ”Thank you. That’s what I was going for. It’s one of my favorite colors too.” she said with a smile. Pink was first. Closely followed by yellow.

Phoebe
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"So I've heard. Seems the monsters have battered a lot of buildings. Well, I can definitely help you out with a bit of painting." Ronin nodded, gratefully accepting the help as she came to aid with what he had brought. He walked her through the supplies as they put them to one side, flashing her a smile. "I hope that's alright for now," he said, straightening up and rolling his shoulders.

"Aoife is doing very well, especially so because of the help you gave us. Thank you again. Though I didn't realise that babies only tended to eat and sleep at first." And poop, but he didn't think he needed to tell Phoebe about that.

Stepping back to appraise the building, Ronin nodded to himself. "Alright, just tell me where you want me. We'll get this place looking as colourful as you like in no time."

ronypony
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:

Phoebe's eyes widened when she saw all that Ronin had brought, completely in awe of it all. She was just getting back on her feet, and most of the food she had came from Emmett really. But this was something she had gotten because of her work. This was her own contribution to their survival in a way. She beamed and nodded at his questioning. "This is wonderful, thank you so much!" she said, truly grateful for it all. It made her feel good to finally have some real work, and a way she could sustain herself and others on her own.

"Oh I am so glad to hear it, and you're very welcome! I am happy to help." she said with a grin, undeniably genuine in her words. As he discussed the sort of mundane activities which currently consumed his daughter's days, she nodded, understanding what he meant completely. "At about four months her personality will start to show through, but won't be really well developed until about a year or so." she told him, just another little affirmation that everything with Aoife was normal and well.

She grinned and considered where Ronin might be most helpful. He really wasn't any taller than her, so whatever she couldn't reach without a stool he likely couldn't either. "Would you mind getting those taller scratches? I've a stool here to help." she said, pointing out the ones she meant. She figured that would still be easier for him than crouching down to get the low ones.

Phoebe
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Honestly, there's no need to thank me," Ronin assured her with a smile. "You were such a help to me when I had no idea what I was doing. It's thanks to you that I think I'll actually be able to raise my daughter right, so I'm the one who should be grateful." And Phoebe continued to be a help, evidently, and Ronin all but hung on her words of wisdom as she explained what he might come to expect from Aoife in the near future. He smirked, nodding in agreement. "Part of me looks forward to that, but the rest is terrified," he admitted.

Painting and climbing on stuff, though? Ronin was your man. "Of course! Just be careful I don't drip paint on you, or you'll be as sunny as your clinic. Not that you aren't already." He smirked, rolling up his sleeves and moving to fetch the stool as he appraised the scratches higher up the side of the building. "It beggars belief to think of what might have done this," he mumbled, grabbing the paint and a brush and wasting no time in clambering up and beginning to work.

ronypony
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:

Phoebe smiled warmly at the former Captain. ”You’re too kind.” she said. Of course he deserved thanks for what he brought, even if it was in repayment for her services. But if he wished to be humble about it she would gladly accept the goods with but a smile on her lips as recompense. ”Oh there is nothing to be afraid of. Not until she can walk anyways. Toddlers have a tendency of doing their very best to do things like fall down stairs or press their hands on hot stoves.” she said with a light laugh.

Her cheeks turned a pale pink, doing her best not to let her heart race at the veiled compliment. She recalled Ronin being quite charming, even when completely delusional with poisoned sickness. But she was with Emmett now who, while neglectful as of late, didn’t deserve a girlfriend whose heart raced when other men complimented them. He was just being nice anyways. ”Well thank you.” she said with a grin.

But her countenance fell as he considered the scratches. ”Terribly monsters, based on what I saw that night.” she said quietly, unable to help the melancholy the took over as she remembered Long Night.

Phoebe
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin looked quietly disturbed at Phoebe's description of toddlers; from nothing to be afraid of to having to stop her daughter from plunging her hands into a fire? Right. Sure. That sounded... fine. He tried to put that to the back of his mind as he began to paint the side of the clinic, working in confident but eclectic strokes that seemed more fitting on a canvas than a building. But it was getting painted, and that was the main thing.

Luckily the ex-captain was too busy working to notice the blush in Phoebe's cheeks - the last thing he wanted was for anyone to think he was leading them on right now. "Yes," he said in slow agreement as the topic turned to something much more sombre. "When I ran for the Rathskeller, I only looked at the ground where I was going. But I saw things, too, out of the corner of my eye..."

ronypony