Key Quest Between a rock and a giant place

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANDOM EVENT
It's a lot of yelling, though to the giant it sounds a bit like high-pitched buzzing. What it is interested in, is the sudden bit of calamari wrapped around its legs, halting its progress. Ronin 's starbolts strike the giant's neck? shoulders? protruding boulders?, sizzling down into the stone. Whatever it might think about Sunjata 's electrical display, bound where it is by a bit of glorified sushi, it's unable to move any closer. Melita 's arrow strikes, lodging into some sort of muscular craig.

The giant, used to being in the same place for centuries, isn't as bothered by Remi 's presence as one might think. Instead, it twists to try and swat at Ronin whose little zappy zaps are fairly annoying. With a flick of its stony hands, he catches Ronin's legs with enough force to leave more than just a bruise.

Welcome to a Relic KQ!

Because this has plot ramifications, it (and all subsequent relic KQs) will be scaled based on level and more difficult than normal).  Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well. If you don't do this, they won't be taken into account!

Your randomly assigned posting order is: Darkeye, Remi, Ronin, Sunjata, Melita. You have 24 hours to reply.

Darkeye HP: 72/72
Remi HP: 1302/1302
Ronin HP: 478/741
Sunjata HP: 255/255
Melita HP: 405/405

Rock Giant: 1172/1390
Steps towards the ocean: 0/4
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkey tries to look at the situation carefully, he doesn't care if the giant is killed here or somewhere else. He grabs the bow that he got from Sunjata and draws his arrow. Once again he takes a breath and tries to get his message through against the noise. "I don't know what all the fuss is about, but I'm not going to stand by and watch you defeat the giant I wanted to slay by yourself. We will help you, and after that you can still fight over theritories like little children. I will help where I can and I will take responsibility, I will not run away. If you want to kill me for it, do it." Darkeye shoots an arrow, but he doesn't think it can do much damage, but at least he can die with a good conscience. He doesn't know how to use his power to make the giant run away, except for Remi and the others. But he still doesn't see them as enemies. Maybe he can smooth the waters if he survives the whole thing and the giant is brought down. Or could Frey help here. Maybe strengthen the power of his axes to extend teleportation. First, he didn't know if that was possible, and second, it wasn't clear if this was an act of war. But was it perhaps already this and Sunjata had already dragged him into a situation he didn't understand? Were they the ones doing wrong here? The future will tell.

---
Darkeye tries to convince the others of his intentions and attacks the giant with the bow he got from Sunjata.

Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Infernbow | A wooden crossbow with the ability to set any arrows placed within to ignite on the pull of its trigger. (Made by Deimos)
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
then it went dark
Able to hear only the snippets of conversation between Ronin and Sunjata, Remi finds himself feeling out of the loop when it came to how things were going above. Normally the one to soak damage and immobilize things rather than just immobilizing, Remi thinks his confusion up to the surface. If I can keep it here...can you and Melita take care of it? Or should I surface? Perhaps he could wrap himself around the giant's face and reenact some sort of horror movie while his husband and the honeybee did the rest.

Coiling his tentacles around the giant's leg, Remi began to try and sink two of his remaining tentacles into the sand to give himself purchase. Eventually he'd try and trip the creature, but for now, merely keeping it where it was was his only goal.

Remi asks Ronin if he should stay and tries to maintain his grapple.

Kraken Ability | Legendary size
& it rained
and rained and rained
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
There’s an old saying in the gaming community (that Ronin doesn’t know about) and it applies here: burn the boss. The swipe at his legs is enough to steal the breath from his lungs - it’s been a long time since anything hit hard enough to really hurt, and he feels bruised (fractured?) bones protest with sears of pain up through his legs and into his hips.

I think it’ll smack me all the way to Torchline next time, he remarks to Remi, sounding fairly calm even if the warbling ache in his thoughts says otherwise. Up here would be better. The more of us taking this down, the better.

So saying, Ronin ignores Darkeye and Sunjata in lieu of not dying, and he hurls three more starbolts towards the giant’s craggy form.

Ronin hurls more starbolts at the giant, advises Remi he’s better off up here with them, and is still keeping Mel afloat with his nimbus.

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post).
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.

Type: Light | Rank: Basic
Magic: Nimbus Call | The user may call down one of the clouds from the sky and ride upon it. The cloud will hold Ronin and up to one other person.
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
sleep don't visit, so i choke on sun // and the days blur into one
There’s another series of quiet internal cursing as his thoughts are bound only to be heard by Ronin and Remi, where he’d much rather have the ability to speak to the Dwarf sat atop him. But it seems the other man doesn’t want out of it – and Sunjata’s positive that even if they take it down he’s not going to be able to win between Remi, Ronin, and is that Melita??

Their best chance is to try and continue luring it, to get Wessex in here, or to try and dive down if they don’t get hit to steal whatever it is the creature harbors within it that makes it the relic. So hopefully, the arrow either makes it into the cracks of the golem (they’re still twice as far away from it as it looks like Ronin is), but they’re really only here for a distraction.

So he stays where he is, lightning crackling along his jaw again, sparking another series of a light show toward the golem and praying they don’t get hit.

Sunjata stays where he is with Darkeye and shoots another blast of lightning toward the golem to try and get it to follow them again!

Dragon ability | Can breathe lightning (mastered lightning damage)

(Also ya girl forgot she had a regional ability now hahaha)

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
and the backs of my eyes hum with things i've never done
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
I never had a chance to be soft
I was always bloody knuckles
Darkeye was yelling now too, and the whole cacophony made the irritating nuances all the greater. It ground into the back of her mind, and she paused, taking a breath, a moment –

To watch Ronin get slammed about by the menacing, massive, wall of a giant.

“You all right?” She called back to the Huntsman, fingers tightening over her weaponry, a grit to her teeth, a clench to her jaw. They needed to be done with this sooner, rather than later, otherwise there was going to be a much more prevalent mess.

Setting her sights back upon the beast – it was difficult to miss – she snagged at her ice arrow again, pressing it along the strand, drawing it back, and hoping it made another hit.

--

Melita launches another ice arrow at the rock giant.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring, adorned with vinelike patterns and tiny, fanged charms. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)
and shards of glass
I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Time will tell if Darkeye ’s words are more effective than his arrows; far too far away from the giant, his arrow falls harmlessly into the ocean below. Speaking of below, Remi is able to maintain his hold on the giant’s legs as Ronin ‘s starbolts strike again at the giant. Unable to move towards Sunjata thanks to the annoying kraken tangled around its legs, the giant flinches slightly as yet another of Melita ‘s arrows strike into its rocky musculature.

Waving a fisted hand at Ronin, perhaps blinded by the amount of sparkly things being shot at it (read: rolled very poorly), the giant misses the Huntsman.

Welcome to a Relic KQ!

Because this has plot ramifications, it (and all subsequent relic KQs) will be scaled based on level and more difficult than normal).  Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well. If you don't do this, they won't be taken into account!

Your randomly assigned posting order is: Darkeye, Remi, Ronin, Sunjata, Melita. You have 24 hours to reply.

Remi HP: 1302/1302

Rock Giant: 943.5/1390
Steps towards the ocean: 0/4
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye looked at that what happened in disbelief. bring me closer to Ronin another attack like this he can't stand. I can heal him. If he dies here a lose a friend and the war get worse. he was angry at this hole situation they got plan to pull it away and wessex could kill it but now when he see the beast and how they all strugel how would they kill it? Was killing it the right way? Darkeye starter to doubt the plan of sunjata. But now it was to late he pull the string of the bow again and released another arrow he hoped that sunjata would listen to him.

----
Darkeye ask Sunjata if he can get closer and shot another arrow with the bow of Sunjata

Infernbow | A wooden crossbow with the ability to set any arrows placed within to ignite on the pull of its trigger. (Made by Deimos)
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI

Oh? For the dire circumstances that they found themselves in, humour had overtaken the annoyance Remi had felt when first he’d plunged into the sea. Someone needs to get back to his morning runs, then.

Reaching up with his tentacles to gain purchase, Remi drags himself from the water, shifting awkwardly as he went until, when he was finally more man than calamari, he could sprout wings and take back to the skies. Rising up towards the giant’s face, Remi duplicates his husband’s starbolts, aiming for the creature’s eyes. From there, he’ll flit around the giant’s face like some annoying mosquito in an attempt to keep its attention and draw its attacks.

Remi shifts and flies up to the giant’s face and attacks. He then remains there to draw the creature’s attention/soak the damage.

Magic: Copycat | Remi can mimic the abilities from two fellow demigods (Old Gods only). In order to mimic the ability, Remi must have been damaged by it in a thread previously. Only one ability may be used per thread.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post).
Who are you? They ask. Death?
Sometimes... I say. But not today
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
”Not terrible, not great,” Ronin remarks to Mel with a grimace. ”I wouldn’t recommend you getting hit by that thing, put it that way.” But then up comes his husband to save the day, and snark or otherwise, Ronin sends a pulse of gratitude to Remi and swoops sideways to let him draw the ire of the stone giant.

Meanwhile, Darkeye and Sunjata are still… there, he supposes, and while he isn’t actively looking to help them (starting this whole mess and acting like it’s their fault will do that), as long as they aren’t in the way, they’re not on his radar. And so, with three more starbolts lighting the sky to follow Remi’s, he aims for the giant once more.

More starbolts ahoy from Ronin! If it ain’t broke and all that. He’s still continuing to keep Mel afloat with his nimbus.

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.

Type: Light | Rank: Basic
Magic: Nimbus Call | The user may call down one of the clouds from the sky and ride upon it. The cloud will hold Ronin and up to one other person.
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
sleep don't visit, so i choke on sun // and the days blur into one
Frustration blooms from Sunjata once more as he hears Darkeye’s voice, but the dragon doesn’t move any closer. If he could speak to Darkeye he’d mention that Ronin couldn’t actually die, and regardless if Darkeye and Ronin were what he views as friends, things could change in an instant if things were to go south.

For now, however, the dragon stays put, still trying to lure the rock golem away from Stormbreak, sparking maw emitting a growled roar before shooting another bolt of lightning at the creature, knowing full well it won’t hit but also trying his best to remain out of reach.

Sunjata rinses and repeats! He stays in place and shoots another bolt of lightning trying to pull the golem away.

Dragon ability | Can breathe lightning (mastered lightning damage)

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
and the backs of my eyes hum with things i've never done
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
I never had a chance to be soft
I was always bloody knuckles
She watched at the nearly imperceptible flinch, wondering, in the back of her mind, if there was another way to snag at the relic (or even, truly, where it was located – in the giant’s grasp somewhere? Could they just ask politely for it?). Ronin’s response didn’t help the apprehensive matters blooming down the back of her spine, but brave and steadfast and ridiculous, the youth didn’t relent her position either.

“Got it,” she nodded towards the Huntsman, and watching Remi float and fly up for a moment, the youth notched another icy arrow, intending to repeat the process (and hoping for a bit of luck in the whole potential aiming debacle – no need to revisit a lesson in friendly fire).

--

Melita aims and fires an ice arrow at the giant again (and intends to miss Remi).

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring, adorned with vinelike patterns and tiny, fanged charms. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)
and shards of glass
I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me

Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Sunjata ignores Darkeye 's request, such that once again his arrow falls harmlessly into the sea. For probably the first time in a good long while, Remi misses, Ronin hits, but Melita misses. (How do you miss a giant cliff, you might ask? Very, very lopsided rolling).

Sunjata succeeds in drawing the creature out towards him, but not before it swipes a massive fist and strikes Remi.

Welcome to a Relic KQ!

Remi HP: 1039/1302

Rock Giant: 768/1390
Steps towards the ocean: 1/4
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye didn't understand why Sunajta didn't listen to him and now Remi was also hit hard, the giant moved as it was planned but not to this price. "I hope you have a good explanation later why you won't let me help them. We could have just brought them on board from the beginning. But it's too late for that now." Once again he looked at Remi as well as Ronin and Melita, he had a lot of explaining to do if they wanted to talk to him afterward. He doubted that this would be so easy, but these were things for later. Now he just wished he could fly so he wouldn't have to depend on that lame dragon. Another time he could only try to get the giant's attention with the bow.
----

Darkeye is angry like hell at Sunjata but there is no room now for that so he use the bow again.

each for one sin