Key Quest Between a rock and a giant place
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
REMI

Missing was not something that the alchemist was used to, though this lesson in humility would have to wait. Do you think Wessex and the other ascended are waiting out there somewhere? He thinks towards Ronin, setting his teeth against the flare of pain the giant's fists had caused. Of all of them he was in the best position to soak the damage, but even he wasn't immune to pain. Or do you think they are just trying to avoid damaging any more of Stormbreak? Darkeye and Sunjata were clearly trying to lure the creature away, but to what

Focusing as best he could, the Lullaby tries once again to shoot borrowed bolts of shooting stars at the giant before again hovering before it to draw and draw its attention.

Remi shoots the creature with shooting stars and then tries to soak more of its attacks.

Magic: Copycat | Remi can mimic the abilities from two fellow demigods (Old Gods only). In order to mimic the ability, Remi must have been damaged by it in a thread previously. Only one ability may be used per thread.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post).
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
Who are you? They ask. Death?
Sometimes... I say. But not today
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
You feeling alright? Ronin asks before he can help himself, in the unenviable position to see Remi both miss and be smacked around by the stone giant. Wincing, he changes tactic and lets a fierce glow begin to build within him. I'm not sure, he says of whether the Ascended will be out there waiting for them. It wouldn't surprise me, given what we know about Sunjata, but... But Darkeye? He wasn't as sure.

(More fool him).

"Cover your eyes," he calls out as a warning maining for Melita on his nimbus, before unleashing the supernova within him to try and provide some respite from the giant's blows.

Ronin unleashes a supernova to damage the giant and heal himself and Remi. He's still got his nimbus around for Melita to ride on.

Magic: Supernova | A blast of celestial light emanates from Ronin in a 60ft radius. Any allies hit by the light are healed, whilst any enemies take damage (Mastered healing/damage). May be used three times per thread, with a two post cooldown.

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.

Type: Light | Rank: Basic
Magic: Nimbus Call | The user may call down one of the clouds from the sky and ride upon it. The cloud will hold Ronin and up to one other person.
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
sleep don't visit, so i choke on sun // and the days blur into one
Oh he does have a good reason, though. He just can’t tell you yet, Darkeye. And if it were Melita who had been injured, well, that’s a different story completely. For now, however, he sees the step the giant takes out away from Stormbreak and there’s the sense of elation and relief at the feeling that they might be able to get somewhere.

He moves back just a bit to keep that same distance, not wanting to get hit by the creature, and he blasts his lightning again, knowing that the fiery arrows would miss from Darkeye, but the whole point is to try and lure, and so the dragon attempts to lure again.

Sunjata moves back to try and keep the same amount of distance between them as before and shoots another bolt of lightning to keep trying to lure it!

Dragon ability | Can breathe lightning (mastered lightning damage)

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
and the backs of my eyes hum with things i've never done
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Melita
I never had a chance to be soft
I was always bloody knuckles
She missed - which might’ve been beneficial to those around (like Remi), but honestly, the rest of it was baffling. It was a damned hulk of barely moving rock, for fucks sake.

Instead of snorting, grimacing, or grinding her teeth, there was a slight wrinkle to her nose and a huff of breath. Snagging at her elemental arrows again, selecting the forged ice, she paused in her ruminations and movements to shield her eyes as Ronin described, intending to miss being blinded by the bright, awe-inspiring light show.

And then, thereafter, the youth fired off another shot from her bow, aiming, once more, for the giant (and not the Lullaby).

--

Melita shields her eyes from Ronin’s light show and then launches another ice arrow at the giant (again, intending to miss Remi).

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring, adorned with vinelike patterns and tiny, fanged charms. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)
and shards of glass
I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANDOM EVENT
Like a toothpick tossed at a tiger, Darkeye shoots another arrow down into the sea. Remi manages to strike this time, and as Ronin quite literally explodes, perhaps the former-dwarf will rethink his anger at Sunjata (had the dragon come closer, Ronin's blast would nearly have killed him).

It's now Melita 's turn to miss the impossibly large target (we'll blame it on the wind, shall we). Again the giant slams its fist into Remi, before taking a step further out to see where Sunjata continues to spit sparkly arcs of electricity.

Welcome to a Relic KQ!

Because this has plot ramifications, it (and all subsequent relic KQs) will be scaled based on level and more difficult than normal).  Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well. If you don't do this, they won't be taken into account!

Your randomly assigned posting order is: Darkeye, Remi, Ronin, Sunjata, Melita. You have 24 hours to reply.

Darkeye HP: 72/72
Remi HP: 834.5/1302
Ronin HP: 536.5/741
Sunjata HP: 255/255
Melita HP: 405/405

Rock Giant: 480/1390
Steps towards the ocean: 2/4
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye sees only this huge nova of light and after that nothing more. Yes, this nova would have very likely killed him, even if he had hoped not to get into the war between these would-be gods. He could only watch as the giant had received more and more damage and he had not contributed much to it. But maybe he could still make his contribution. He stretched the bow one more time. He just tried to hit how he could miss something so big so often was a mystery to him. But at least they got the thing done and it was no longer a danger to Stormbreak and that was the first priority. He would take Sunjata to the chest afterwards. He didn't care if they took the beast to the open sea. The trust in Sunjata became less by the second since the thing had begun. He was dragged into a war that was not his own and was used here as a pawn. He had his targets handed to him and he does what he starts a war here. The rage became more and more him. He would have liked to slit his throat here and now. But that would now also no longer help. The dice are already fallen it can no longer be undone. So much for peace and the village where there is no war. He should not have left it to Sunajta. When you do something like that, you have to do it yourself. He became careless and thought that if he helped enough, he would be heard. Again an arrow flew from his string and tried to hit the colossus. "We need to help them!! He screams when he shoots that arrow.

----

Darkeye sees that he has made a big mistake. But it is too late and he continues to shoot at the giant.

Infernbow | A wooden crossbow with the ability to set any arrows placed within to ignite on the pull of its trigger. (Made by Deimos)
each for one sin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI

Yes. Remi confirms, with only the barest hint of pain snarling through the attuned bond. If it stays like this, I can hold for a while longer. Together we should be able to take it out before it gets too far.. Gods knew what might be lurking out in the sea. Wessex, Isla, Varus..the lot of them, probably, and if Remi kept this up the whole time, he wouldn't be able to soak much more once the ascended were invited into the fray.

If I miss again, I might just land on it and dig my claws right into where its eyes should be. The Lullaby thinks, half kidding, half goaded into being reckless by his own hubris. Somewhere in the distance he hears Darkeye shouting about needing to help, and so snarling over one shoulder Remi yells, "THE ONLY HELP WE NEED IS FOR YOU TWO TO LEAVE." It would do nothing, the alchemist knew it, but gods a bit of yelling did help with the pain.

Shooting Ronin's starbolts from his fingertips, Remi continues to hover perilously close to the giant to draw its fire.

Remi shoots the creature with shooting stars and then tries to soak more of its attacks.

Magic: Copycat | Remi can mimic the abilities from two fellow demigods (Old Gods only). In order to mimic the ability, Remi must have been damaged by it in a thread previously. Only one ability may be used per thread.

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post).
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Well, don't wear yourself out, Ronin cautions his husband with a mental wince as yet another smack of a rocky limb connects with Remi. The Lullaby might not think himself too banged up (yet), but in the Huntsman's eyes, it's not an easy thing to watch. Swallowing down the urge to try and fly in after Remi, he instead gathers his strength anew and nods across to Melita.

"Keep it up!" he calls out to her - every strike helps, every hit makes its mark - and summons three more starbolts to fire off at the stone giant. Between them, they should be able to bring it down, of that he's (reasonably) confident. As for Sunjata and Darkeye and their plans? Gods, only time will tell there.

Three more starbolts from Ronin! He's still got his nimbus up for Mel to perch on, too.

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.

Type: Light | Rank: Basic
Magic: Nimbus Call | The user may call down one of the clouds from the sky and ride upon it. The cloud will hold Ronin and up to one other person.
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
sleep don't visit, so i choke on sun // and the days blur into one
They succeed in one more step, even as Remi’s shout pierces his ears in a way that has him snarling. So you can take whatever it is within this and massacre a whole race of people because your gods say it’s the right thing to do?! He snaps back at the Lullaby, wings flapping against the winds as he ignores Darkeye’s plea. Remi and Ronin don’t need any help, in his mind. The ship for niceties of that nature has long since departed.

This was his attempt to balance out the playing field. So he drifts again, pulling back the same as he had before when the golem had stepped toward them, lightning crackling along his jaw and another bolt shot at it to lure it just a couple more steps away from Stormbreak, internally hoping that it worked again.

Sunjata shouts at Remi and moves back and shoots another bolt of lightning at the golem to continue to lure it away

Dragon ability | Can breathe lightning (mastered lightning damage)

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
and the backs of my eyes hum with things i've never done
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Melita
I never had a chance to be soft
I was always bloody knuckles
Melita could only watch incredulously as the arrow flew, flew, flew…and subsequently hit nothing but fucking air.

Had she half a moment to stew and steam and unfurl into a peevish, petulant sort of manner, she would’ve – but due to the instances of time and the nature of this current game, the Honeybee could only furrow her brows and scowl. What had all this damned training been for, if she couldn’t hit a giant rock more than twice in a row?

Huffing a breath, watching the others, the youth plucked at yet another ice arrow – might as well try the rinse and repeat method. She was bound to hit it again sooner or later (emphasis hopefully on the sooner), and launched it towards the massive creature.

--

Melita once again tries to hit the rock giant with her ice arrow.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring, adorned with vinelike patterns and tiny, fanged charms. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)
and shards of glass
I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Another of Darkeye 's arrows sinks into the water, hundreds of feet away from the giant. Now, are you ready for something really interesting?

Here's a riddle for you: How does a giant the size of a cliff dodge an attack matrix-style from a demigod that's only 30 ft away?
Give up?
Me too, but it happened. (the giant rolled a critical dodge you bastard). Following that disaster, it's a relief that both Ronin and Melita hit, while Sunjata encourages the giant out another step but not before it takes a swing at Remi (and misses).  

Welcome to a Relic KQ!

Because this has plot ramifications, it (and all subsequent relic KQs) will be scaled based on level and more difficult than normal).  Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well. If you don't do this, they won't be taken into account!

Your randomly assigned posting order is: Darkeye, Remi, Ronin, Sunjata, Melita. You have 24 hours to reply.

Darkeye HP: 72/72
Remi HP: 834.5/1302
Ronin HP: 536.5/741
Sunjata HP: 255/255
Melita HP: 405/405

Rock Giant: 252/1390
Steps towards the ocean: 3/4
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye had enough all he wanted to do was help no one wanted his help so he took the reins into his own hands. He grabs his axe and asks Kor for help and the thought comes quickly. Frey said that they could help him now that he is stronger. He goes back inside himself and thinks about whether he should really do that. But if this continues, someone else will die here. "Frey please hear my Prayer. I ask you for help to make sure that the giant takes another step. Make sure that Stormbreak is not harmed any further. If those eternal children won't listen to me, maybe they'll listen to you." He hoped that Remi Ronin Melita as well as Sunjata would understand that he would not let them continue to beat each other up over something like this. He was still a cleric and a war priest. Maybe he would get the relic but the probability was low.

----

Darkeye hopes that if he calls Frey the whole thing can be solved peacefully. How Frey sees the whole thing is on another paper.

Accepted Channeling: Allows an Accepted to channel a deity or lesser spirit during a time of crisis (1x a season)
Type: Light | Rank: Upgraded
each for one sin

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Frey
"Peaceful is such a human word." Frey purrs just behind Darkeye's ear. "When the lion strikes out at the wounded gazelle, we don't think it is disturbing the peace. Survival of the fittest has always been my way." They add. "You cannot start an avalanche and ask me to ensure the safety of the mountain. But there is something I can do."

Suddenly out of sea comes the image of a female rock giant. It gives the creature a wave beckoning it near.

The giant is now at step 4/4. At the conclusion of the giant's turn if it isn't stopped, it will be out of Stormbreak and the thread will be split.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Come say that to my face you coward. Remi snarls in response because gods if he wouldn't happily send Sunjata hurtling into the sea if given the chance.

And then it happens again.
He misses.

Remi all but sees red then as his muscles shake and his vision tunnels. If I miss it again you will have to pry me off of it. He thinks to Ronin as he clenches his teeth together and focuses as best he can. Now this isn't about a relic. It isn't about a monster. It's about Sunjata's betrayal and cowardice. It's about Darkeye's constant meddling. It's about whatever the ascended have planned out there.

With a silent prayer to Ludo, Remi again shoots starbolts at the giant and remains in its path as the creature lumbers forward.

Remi shoots and blocks!