Plot Advancing PQ frosted tips
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN

Ronin seems to have a habit of trying to build skyports in the ice and snow. The last was in the Greatwood at Deepfrost, and now here he is, at the season's polar opposite... in the Citadel's Palace. Wearing appropriate layers and having arranged for supplies to be carted up towards one of the empty towers, Ronin stands at the vast, open window where he hopes to construct this latest port.

He and Noah had spoken about it previously - though he has heard that leadership has since changed once and once more - and so he can only hope that the plans and news have reached the appropriate ears. Until the owners of those ears arrive, though, he stands and shivers his opinion of the region and watches the world below.

This will be a PQ+ to create a skyport in Halo! Please post your character arriving!

1. Talyson
2. Noah
3. Deimos
soft spoken with a broken jaw
we step outside, but not to brawl
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5250
Rumor flew faster than a dragon's wings in a place like the Citadel, and when word of the supplies being taken to the Palace reached the courier's ears he let out a whoop and grabbed a light parka, heading in their wake with an exuberant dragon and a barking Bella harnassed to his small racing sled and echoing his excitement back to him.

The Palace had its usual subduing effect on him once he got there, but even the Eirachi's intimidating edifice couldn't completely stifle the courier's bouncing energy as he trotted through the gates and looked around, wide-eyed, for signs that construction had already begun.

It hadn't, but he did notice a half-familiar face at one of the windows and he parked his sled and settled Bella with a large treat in a sunny spot near the gate before heading inside. Boreal trotted along at his heels, snorting little smoke trails in her wake as she remembered the tasty biscuits that were now forever associated with Ronin in her capacious culinary memory.

"Is it really happenin'?" Tal called eagerly as he joined the Commander, only slightly out of breath. "Are we gettin' our own skyship port?" Boreal swung her head into his hip and he winced, glancing down at her with a wounded expression that quickly cleared up into understanding. "Oh! Uh... hi Ronin. How've you been?" he added sheepishly as he rubbed the new bruise.

Tal is in!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

Although leadership had changed hands and shifted, it was still firm and safe where Noah wanted it to be. He still worked as he always had — protecting and providing. He hadn’t spoken yet to either Deimos or his new counterpart since the people had voted them in, but he knew he needed to soon. He had matters he wanted to discuss and with war looming on the horizon, procrastinating it was only detrimental. Now, though, word came quickly to Noah from the guards at the gate that Ronin had arrived. Gathering the materials he had readied after writing his last letter to the Star, the hunter headed towards the man. Along the way, he gathered those (NPCs) who had agreed to help.

”Ronin, thank you for coming quickly.” Noah said, extending his arm to greet his fellow demigod with a firm handshake. The others gathered around, each greeting Ronin in a way that matched their own personality, whether it be a mumble or an enthusiastic Hello!

Noah has brought himself, everything on his profile, a work bag with a hammer and a few dozen nails, a small saw, and 3 NPCs!

NPC 1 - a red friendly, extroverted teenage girl (daughter of the blacksmith)
NPC 2 - an older, gruff, blacksmith
NPC 3 - a young, eager soldier
I wait and tell myself "life ain't chess,"
But no one comes in and yes, you're alone
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos

News traversed quickly in Halo – especially to his office in the barracks, regardless of his rank. So when Ronin’s arrival ensued after seasons of discussion and possibility, the Sword left the confines of training grounds and weapon planning for long strides across the Citadel, bag over his shoulder, companions left behind by hearths and fires to stay out of any potential mischief.

His piercing eyes swept over the others, indulging in a nod and a smile towards the workers, Noah, Talyson, and Ronin, but to the latter he extended his hand, grateful for the setup and motions towards striving for adequate provisions and travel amidst the mountains. “Thank you for setting this up.” Gaze lingering on the Palace, and the towers themselves, his spine straightened. “Where do you need us?”

--

Deimos brings himself and everything listed on his profile.
it's not the waking, it's the rising
It's the fire it ignites
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
I'm growing up, but I'm not growing old
News travels fast indeed. Evie is reached at the Council Hall not long after Deimos is summoned - likely by the same guard - and as such she’s last to arrive, but with bells on so to speak. She’s never had the pleasure of Robin’s direct company, but as any Natural Grounder she’d known of him well before the barrier fell.

Everyone greets the man differently, but the Evergreen stands at Deimos’ side and smiles politely, hand extended to shake if he’d like. “We really appreciate your help with this. Thank you for coming all this way.” Wordsworth mannerisms on perfect display, but sincerely eager to be put to work.

- - -

Evie brings herself and snacks!
And I hate to do anything that I've been told
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN

They all arrive with varying levels of enthusiasm, Ronin flashing Tal a bright smile despite his backtracking. "If this all goes well, I hope so," he says, clasping Noah's arm and offering the Sentinel a respectful nod, before moving on to Evie and Deimos. "Wardens," he greets them, perhaps a little cheekily, though it's all in good humour as he steps back again.

"Thank you for inviting me," he murmurs. "It's about time we were able to make Halo a little more accessible, no? Also, between you and I, it's also about time we did something about the Abandoned situation with Stormbreak. It's the next thing on my list, though with war closing in, you'll have to bear with me."

Gesturing to the supplies and the area he's chosen, he steps up to the window. "I thought this would be a good spot - there's plenty of room for the ships to sail in, and it will take people directly out into the Citadel once they disembark. I might need your help, though - I don't know as much about the climate as all of you..."

Let the PQ+ begin!

Your randomly chosen post order is:

Deimos
Noah (plus NPCs)
Evie
Talyson

The following tasks are available to open the gauntlet:

- 2 people to help build a makeshift platform out of the window for the work to take place. There is lumber available, as well as any tools you may need
- 2 people to open out the window area so it is large enough to use as an entranceway. Again, tools (as well as your own spicy skills) are available

Ronin will help wherever he's needed!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos

A good-natured smile was thrown Ronin’s way, and then a tilt of his head, the narrowing of his eyes in speculation. “What were you thinking with the Abandoned?” For all he knew, and had heard many a time, they simply weren’t permitted within Stormbreak’s hold – all due to the Voice.

His eyes went towards Evie for a moment, waiting and watching to see her reaction to the sudden shift, before nodding at the rest of the directions. Halo could be harsh and unrelenting, and its people much the same – it wasn’t surprising at all that the climate was going to make the notions of transportation difficult. Listening to the tasks, he figured his incantations would come in handy amidst some proportions. “I can help make the platform.”

And with that, he turned towards the window area, snagging at some of the timber, intending to amplify its readiness and fervor with some of his Mastered Earth enchantments.

--

Deimos chooses to help build a platform, utilizing some of his Mastered Earth magic to aid with the timber.

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
It's the fire it ignites
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

Working with Deimos was something that Noah was used to and came to him as second nature at this point. The Sentinel did not give it a second thought before he turned to follow the warlord, with a simple 'me too' rolling from his lips, the young and eager soldier on his heels. Had he known about the brewing romance between the two wardens, however, Noah might not have followed. But without the knowledge, Noah did what he knew would work well (save for the dice) and that was working at a task alongside the imposing warden.

While Deimos grabbed at the lumber with magical inclinations, Noah and the soldier (let's name him Bruce) each grabbed a hammer and stuffed their pockets full of nails. Noah gestured for Deimos to lay the boards, and when he did, Noah and Bruce intended to begin nailing them in place. The blacksmith and his daughter turned to Evie, waiting to see what the other warden chose to do and then followed her to help.

Noah aids Deimos along with Bruce, and Obadiah and Haiden set to work helping with the second task with the others (Evie and Talyson feel free to utilize them!).

NPC 1 - a red friendly, extroverted teenage girl (daughter of the blacksmith) (Haiden)
NPC 2 - an older, gruff, blacksmith (Obadiah)
NPC 3 - a young, eager soldier (Bruce)

i'd fashioned my own cross
been crushed by its weight
there's no stronger message
than dirt in your face
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
Of everything she’d expected Ronin to say, Abandoned being allowed in Stormbreak was not even remotely in the cards. Halo’s higher rate of Abandoned and her own years of self-acceptance are the only reason she dares to speak up. “I’m an Abandoned, I’d be happy to help however I can when you’re ready to begin.” War would take the attentions of all of them, but if they made it to the other side she’d be there to help with making change.

The blacksmith and his daughter are familiar faces, having visited for Obadiah’s help with testing the limits of her landshark tooth, so Evie is quite comfortable in their company. With tasks divvied and ready to start, Evie leads her two assistants over to the window area to begin.

She gives them full use of their own tools to begin breaking down sheetrock and studs. “Start from the center and work toward the supports just in case,” she advises. For herself, she begins with removing the windows, liberally utilizing her telekinesis to bear the weight of the frames and thick glass, and to give an extra oomph when pulling on old caulking and nails.

- - -

Evie instructs the two NPC with her to begin tearing down sheetrock from the center and work outward towards the supports, and begins taking out windows with help from her telekinesis to hold the weight and tear out old caulk/nails.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5250
Tal might not have been Abandoned, but he had Abandoned friends and Sah and he perked up at hearing that Stormbreak might soon be a little less closed off to them. It didn't seem like the comment was aimed at him, however, so he turned his attention to the tasks at hand for preparing their skyport.

Unfortunately he spent a little too long thinking about where his skills would be best suited and in the end was stuck with Evie. Grin falling away to his more habitual scowl, he trudged after the woman, jamming his hands in his pockets as she tried to tell the blacksmith the obvious. Haiden nudged him and raised a red brow at the courier and Tal's scowl deepened alongside a faint blush. He only shook his head wordlessly, though, and went to help her with carrying the debris down the stairs and out of the tower so it didn't create a minefield of broken glass, shards of wood, and scattered nails on the ground below where the rest of their supplies were.

Tal and Haiden clear away the debris from the window renovation.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN

For an opening gambit, it goes like a very well oiled machine. (Good job, kiddos!)

"Well," Ronin is saying to Deimos (and Evie, though as he speaks he's already ducking outside with the two men), "it has been far too long that Abandoned couldn't step into Stormbreak without being turned to stone, and while that might have been good enough for the Order, it doesn't work with me. I was going to ask some help from the gods to see if I might work something out." A bold move, for certain, but Abandoned are not Ascended, and that should count for something.

As they converse, Ronin has beckoned down his nimbus from above, hopping aboard so he might support things from below the platform as it comes to life. And between Noah, Deimos and Ronin (and Bruce), they crate a very sturdy working space that shouldn't cause them any problems!

Similar can be said for the success indoors, and with Tal and Haiden wisely clearing away debris as Evie and Obadiah do their thing, it's not long before they can see and interact with those outside much more easily. Excellent!

Your randomly chosen post order is:

Deimos
Noah (plus NPCs)
Evie
Talyson

Alright, next tasks:

- There is now a wide, stable opening onto the work platform (which will eventually become the skyport!), but the edges are craggy and could use some stabilising. 2 people ought to be enough to smooth the walls back out to make a functional - and aesthetically pleasing - entranceway.
- With the platform complete, work can begin building it out and across the Palace wall to create a small dock of sorts. 2 people ought to be able to manage this!

Again, Ronin will help out wherever needed!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

Considering some intertwined goals and aspirations of his own in the mix, the Sword listened intently – and if Evie couldn’t hear, he’d certainly relay to her later. While they worked he mused and pondered on the subject, knowing to some degree, just how deep the hostility and acrimony ran. Whether the Gods would think, or want, it feasible was something else altogether, but much like his counterpart, Deimos would offer his own abilities. “Let us know if you want assistance with it.” If they survived the war and all that.

Between the lot of them, the platform was created and resolved efficiently, and moving onward, he glanced at the wall and all the necessities that would go into the complexity. Given his aesthetic was Spartan and armament-laden, he’d leave someone else to those particulars, motioning further towards contorting and creating a small dock. “I can help with expanding this,” gesturing along the impending pier, already beginning to summon his earthen incantations to continue with the timber.

--

Deimos goes to help build outward for the dock, using his Mastered Earth to again help with the timber.

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
It's the fire it ignites
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Noah nodded at Deimos statement as well, "I am also willing to assist if need be." After all, what kind of man would he be if he asked for the help of the Stormbreak leader without being willing to help in return? Even before he learned all he knew about the Voice he had been willing to help those in the Grounds when they asked for it, because they had been willing to help Halovians. Now, however, Noah believed that all to be part of Wessex's manipulations. But Ronin would always receive Noah's help, should they remain loyal to the same side.

Unwilling to slow progress down by switching tasks, Noah motions for Bruce to continue to follow Deimos. Moving their supplies over, the hunter and the soldier set to repeat the process they had done before: set and nail in place the boards that Deimos sent their way. The blacksmith and his daughter eagerly moved to continue to help the others.

---

Noah and Bruce continue to help Deimos. Obadiah and Haiden are ready to help Evie and Tal!

i'd fashioned my own cross
been crushed by its weight
there's no stronger message
than dirt in your face
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Though Ronin trails out as he speaks, Evie catches most of what he says - listening for voices in the tundra is a skill you must learn quickly - but anything lost to her she is sure Deimos will repeat later on. What matters is the successes of the small team she finds herself in. No injuries or mistakes, which is all Evie can ask for right now.

Obadiah is an exemplary worker, which she isn’t surprised by given her dealings with him in the recent past. Though rather quiet, it makes sense he’s not inclined towards work conversation when forging often was too loud to facilitate it. Evie doesn’t mind; the next step is just as capable of being completed with minimal coordination anyway.

Again utilizing her telekinesis to float materials towards them while they hold parts in place to stabilize the edge, as well as her earth magic to fill the gaps in the soil beneath the opening they’ve created, Evie toils away with a single-minded focus.

- - -

Evie uses her telekinesis while propping weak parts to float materials over to fill in the rough edges of the entrance, and her earth magic to bring the soil beneath to the edge for better support.