[se] in the end
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

They have gone away to Stormbreak, and not for the first time, Isla wishes she had spoken up more about going with them. She wasn't invited though, and honestly, her skills would not have been much use for Darkeye or Sunjata, who would presumably at the forefront of that initial fight. And so the medic does what she always does, preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, and not needing to sleep means that she is perhaps more vigilant than most.

When Darkeye does come to find her, he will walk into a pristine infirmary, beds prepared, bandages neatly rolled and ready and all manner of salves and medicines on hand in case there is a need for emergency surgery. The Remedy herself is at a counter nearby, flicking through paperwork and stock lists for the third time, at least. Anything to keep her mind busy.
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye is still upset after the events he had found Wessex on the sea who was kind enough to take him back with her. Except for the blow from Ronin, he is fine in physical condition. But his trust in Sunjata as well as his pride and confidence had suffered a lot. He was seen as a victim of the peasants, at least that's how it looks to him. Did Sunjata know about all this? The statement that no one is hurt quickly in and out. So ziemlisch everything went. Crooked. He also wanted to tell Isla what had happened. He owed it to her and would ask her to take over again. He was barely a month in office and almost starts a war. Or was it already started? Remi knew that he would see it as an act of war. He would also have to write letters to Melita as well as to Ronin, including one to Remi even if he didn't think he would read it. So he walks wet with blue lips into the infirmary. The squeaking of his feet can be heard from far away and he still has Sunjata's bow in his hand. "Isla, you're here," he says calmly. He hardly feels the cold, the other feelings outweigh it right now.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

Glancing up at the sound of Darkeye's voice (so absorbed in her work, she completely missed the cues of his wet footsteps), surprise blooms across Isla's expression to see him. "Gods, you must be freezing," she murmurs, instantly getting to work and calling for a couple of nurses. One hands Darkeye a blanket and another ushers him over to one of the chairs; Isla, meanwhile, is getting everything together in case he is hurt.

"What happened?" she wants to know (obviously). "Where are Sunjata and Wessex? Are they hurt as well?" If anything, Darkeye returning alone is the worst case scenario, because it means the others are missing or trapped or worse.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye lets everything pass over him and does not notice that he is being talked to. Only after hesitation, he reacts very hesitantly. he hardly feels the cold. "Wessex dropped me off here, and I don't know what happened to her. Sunjata was captured. We didn't get the relic. It was a stone giant the whole cliff of Stormbreak was moving towards us. Sunjata lied to me and gave me false hope. I risked everything for him and now have enemies that I once considered friends. It was the biggest mistake ever to go there. I will not go to the village he founded because I would probably try to kill him. Now it is too late I will have to go to war and all because he took the decision away from me. It was a mistake to hand over the command to Stormbreak, who will see this as an act of war." Darkeye looks completely dejected, he sees himself as a pawn and doesn't really know if it's true.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Isla's expression falls to hear the beginning of Darkeye's words, even as the nurses get him sitting down and pull the blanket around his shoulders. "That is a shame," she murmurs about the relic - and that is putting it lightly. If things weren't grave before...

"He gave you false hope?" she repeats regarding Sunjata, raising her eyebrows. "What do you mean?" As she speaks, Isla is making a cup of hot, sweet tea for Darkeye, offering out the cup to him when it is ready.

"I'm sorry things didn't go to plan. Are you sure about staying out of the sanctuary, though? You have always wanted peace," she says gently. "Regardless of who made the village, it will still be safe there for everyone."
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He didn't look at her, he looked into the cup of tea, hoping to find the answers in it. The warmth did him good and the events had been too much. "Friends became enemies. Ronin Remi as well as Melita now see him as a threat to me. Sunjata said it was near Stormbreak not directly on the cliff. Not that the cliff would chase us. Not that the cliff would partially tear down the buildings I was trying to build. Not that the man who holds your office and took my hope with him would take the first steps into war. He deceived me." His fist clenched in anger.

He caught his breath and took a sip of the tea, slowly the warmth spread through his body again. "When Ronin and Remi and Melita came to fight the giant, he refused to help. He would have let them die. I asked him to help. But what did he do NOTHING. He just wanted to pull the giant away. He was not interested in what happened to Stormbreak and the people there. Someone like that should stand for peace. I have my pretensions against my preparations my building site everything and what does he do, he almost starts a war. He tried to take advantage of my willingness to help and my connection. I should not have gone with him. I will never forgive myself. He took advantage of my sense of duty and my sense of honor. You don't do that to me lightly Isla. If I went there I would try to kill him, I mean it. I would kill him again and again so that he feels what I feel right now Even if I can't win the fight. I would still try. This piece of shit should not dare to talk about peace again. His actions since I've been here have been completely questioned by these things. And with one kill I wouldn't be Satisfied. " The disappointment was evident in his face. He knew that no one would believe him anymore. He had to work out everything anew, but now his reputation was soiled, and he was just becoming aware of that. That would make it much more difficult.

Taking a deep breath to calm down was the most important thing, for now, Isla didn't deserve his wrath. "I always wanted peace, yes. I have worked for it. For a very long time. But now that that is no longer possible. Now the war is my task. I just do not know how I will do it, the future will show. Can you just bring the bow to him, because if I do, it would be bloody." He pointed to the bow he had been leaning on since he came in, the bow Sunjata had given him to fight the golem.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Furrowing her brow, Isla hears Darkeye out and does her best to separate the information from his anger. "Do you think that Sunjata knew it was in the cliffs?" she asks gently. "I... I feel as though the answers you are looking for are with him, but if you are too angry to see him, maybe a letter?" She shakes her head, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

"The war was coming regardless, but there is still time for you to choose peace," she points out. "Who will you fight for, if you stay out of the safe haven? The Hollowed Grounds? The Old Gods?" He has been careful, as far as she is aware, to stay neutral. But choosing war means choosing a side.

As for the bow, "Yes, of course. I will make sure he gets it back. I'm sorry for all the trouble this has caused you, Darkeye."
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He was still the nose pile miserable. " I think he knew it would not be so easy. But why didn't he just send me there? I could have gone there without escalating the situation. Why doesn't anyone here listen to my advice? Why do you all long for war so much? You think he didn't know. Then why did he have Wessex at the ready? Why did he give me his bow before that? He knew it would come down to a fight. Yes, I would have to talk to him. But even the lines I would write in anger, Isla. I don't know if that anger would ever go away. It is good that he is somewhere else. If he were here, I would really try to kill him. He has spat and trampled on everything I have worked for here. He has done a lot of damage to me here. I understand that you are trying to convince me here, Isla, and I commend you for it, but it won't work. He, or rather I because I would try, will strive when we meet again," he said and took a breath.

Darkeye's weakness gave way in seconds. In that look, there was something that wanted to kill, a predator that had been waiting to attack. "I will fight for all those who are important to me. For those who can not defend themselves and who I make enemies on both sides. I have tried to be friendly with negotiations. You want war, you'll get it." He left it open for whom he wanted to fight. But he would not see an entire people wiped out for his beliefs. Let the gods wage their war here. But he would protect the people as best he could. Even if he had to fight against a Wessex and others for it. His Look change again to a broken man.

He looked at her and the pain was evident in his eyes here as well. "Trouble Isla is not. I lost everything. My credibility, my friends, and my hope of ever trusting anyone again. I give him anything for his Save Haven. This is more than a little trouble." He said calmly and without an accusing tone. It was an attempt to give voice to his disappointment at his loss. He finished the tea and set the tase down. "I thank you for your help. But I must prepare myself now." He put the blanket aside, thanked the other helpers, and slowly walked out.

~FIN
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky