there's no place like it
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

"Sunjata?"

Isla doesn't get out of breath, but it doesn't stop her voice from sounding that way as she rushes into the VlamVloed. No one is around at this hour, and even Neron is doing little more than bustling around in the back rooms, though the Hailstorm has ensured a steady (and unending) supply of alcohol for the proprietor of the fine establishment.

From Isla's standpoint, of course she's heard everything regarding what happened at the Falling - the bad and the ugly (because is there really any good?), and she's come prepared. She doesn't have the endless tap of booze, but she has brought a substantial first aid kid. "Are you around?"
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
but am i too late? or hearts to your spades,
if i don't suit you? then what do you want from me?
It hasn’t been too long since he’s made it back into the Grounds, the night in its near full swing and darkness coating the world despite how many candles and lanterns the VlamVloed has on the inside. He’s sequestered the corner booth all to himself, one long leg stretched out on one side of it, back pressed up against the curve where the corner begins, with a rocks glass of a dark liquid that’s likely not helping the state of his throat any when he responds to his Advisor.

Here,” it’s quieter than normal, more gravelly, and accompanied with the sound of the glass being set on the table. When Isla looks over toward the corner of the building, she’d find him with a bottle of whiskey, a nearly empty glass, a plate with crumbs left on it, and a hand tenderly poking and prodding at the deep purple bruises that accompany each sides of his throat. As well as his steel gaze, exhausted and frustrated (though not at her, but simply in general), that pierces through the dim light, so far away from the oil lamps.
so we're not written in the stars,
but i'm okay with that. i'm okay with anything
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

Her keen hearing catches the sound of his voice, however raspy it might be in its current state, and Isla makes a beeline for the corner booth. Offering a sad smile, she sets down her first aid kit and sits down into the booth beside Sunjata, leaning across for a gentle hug hello. "I heard," she murmurs, to save him the pain (physical and otherwise) of reiterating everything that went on. "I'm glad you got out of there. You're more important than whatever relic was out there."

She means it too, the Remedy drawing back to give him a quick glance over before reaching out to start opening up her first aid kit. "What can I do?" she wants to know, eyeing up his neck and the bottle of whiskey and settling on at least one tincture before Sunjata gives his input.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
She finds him, arriving and leaning closer to offer a hug, one that he gives back even if it’s short and quick, softer given the effect Remi’s borrowed starbolts had on the rest of his body, not just the lullaby’s gift to his throat. So when she says she heard, he nods, until she mentions he’s more important than the relic. He understands, but at the same time he certainly wanted to get it, and something about that blows harder to his mental state than being captured and waking up in the Stormbreak prison. “I wan—ted it. He starts to say before his voice gives out, becoming nothing more than a mouthed whisper at the end, head turning away from Isla as frustration peaks again and he works his jaw.

The question has him debating between everything, eventually deciding to lean forward from where his back presses against the seat, to shrug out of the shirt that kept him mostly hidden from view for any who stepped into the VlamVloed. He balls it up and sets it beside him, sitting up more fully and closer to Isla, gaze finding the table as he waits for her cool fingers to inspect his torso.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"I wish you could have gotten it," Isla murmurs with a small, apologetic nod, already mixing something together from a couple of vials from within her kit. "But I'm still not sorry that you made it back alive, even if it was without it." While he strips himself of his shirt, she quickly gets up to collect a pitcher of water from behind the bar, and a clean glass for Sunjata.

"Here," she says, adding the mixture to the glass of water and sliding it across to him. "It won't last very long, but it should help your throat a little." It's just a few numbing herbs and lemon juice sweetened with honey, honestly, but it's better than whiskey.

Her wince is something he likely won't see when she glances up and over his torso, Isla biting the inside of her cheek so as not to say something too hasty. "I swear, you must be made of steel," is what she settles on eventually, her cool hands carefully inspecting his chest and torso, avoiding any open wounds or burns and feeling for cracked or broken bones.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
At least that was someone that agreed with that. Truth be told he was content with the consequences, whether they became worse than they were. But regardless, he’s here now. Gaze slipping over to look at the glass of water, lifting it to his lips while she inspects, taking a fair amount of the liquid down. And after a few moments while it burns and soothes, he speaks again. “Dragon scales help.” He rumbles, his forearms coating themselves with the thick plates.

But they’re gone in an instant as she presses against a particular sore set of his ribs, a sharp intake of breath met with the harsh clench of his jaw and the way his hands ball into fists. “Fucker.” Comes the pained whisper as he tries not to jolt and make things worse. He’s just glad he’s set the glass down, sure that the tightening of his fists would only shatter it.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Maybe you ought to walk around with them on permanently," Isla says softly, and it's only half a joke as she glances down at the protective scales that shimmer across Sunjata's forearms. Her fingers flinch back as she realises she's found a tender spot, the Ascended engaging her upgrade to check what she's dealing with now she knows where to look.

"I know it won't feel like it, but you're lucky. It's just very bruised, it looks like," she murmurs, gazing over the rest of his torso as well while she's at it before the upgrade flickers out again. "I'll put some salve and dressings on the burns, but you know the drill with bruises. Heat and cold will help with any swelling. I can get you something to help you sleep as well - it will just make you drowsy, rather than knocking you out completely. Unless that's your preference."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Maybe he should. Or maybe it’d be viewed as a threat wherever he went. Or maybe, simply just protection as he intends it to be. He doesn’t know how it would come off but he tries his best to follow along a middle ground. An in between. A halfway happy.

For now, he’s nowhere near being anything close to happy, even as Isla’s pressure decreases. The throbbing sensation left behind before she starts treating his burns and cuts only magnifies the pain and he ends up downing the rest of the glass of the mixture, waving a hand and filling it up again with his own magic.

At this point?” He pauses, his gravelly voice painful as he tries to let the water do its job. “I’d prefer to be knocked out.” He admits quietly, shifting the tired steel of his gaze over toward Isla, a shoulder rising and falling in a small shrug.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

It's almost sad, the way she's used to the topography of Sunjata's body just because of how many times she's had to bandage his cuts and treat his bruises and stitch up his wounds. Pausing only to add the last of the tincture to his water so it might keep numbing his throat, Isla works efficiently enough. She disinfects and presses dressings to any burns that need it, cleaning out nicks and cuts and ailments as well. There isn't much she can do for the bruises, but ensures there's a strong painkiller mixed in with the sedative she plans to give him.

"Oh? I can do that," she says with a small smile, switching out a few ingredients and beginning to grind them into a fine powder. "Are you going to sleep here? I can stay, if you like. There are enough hands at the infirmary to cover everything until you wake up." With the sedative finished, she offers it out for him to add to whatever drink he likes.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It’s a wonder he still moves as well as he does – though he chalks it up to divine intervention, if he’s being honest. How many times he’s been wholly healed through their means alongside magic and doctors like Isla and Nate who always step up for him when he gets too into his head. But it’s also happened so many times now that when she applies the tinctures to the open wounds and burns, he makes no sound. Just the hard grit of his teeth against one another before he makes his request known.

I’m not sure yet, there’s a lot on my mind.” He admits, brows pinching together, before a snort slips from him and he casts inquisitive steel toward his advisor. “Would you like to stay to talk or do you intend to watch me sleep?” He teases her lightly, throat still hoarse but numbed enough now that it makes it easier to speak.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Isla finishes patching him up in good time, satisfied with her work as she sits back. "Oh, I fully intend to stare at you while you are sleeping, Sunjata," she tells him dryly, more than a hint of mischief dancing in her pebble blues. Packing away her equipment, she leaves only the powdered sedative for when he is ready to sleep, along with more of the tincture to take the sting from his throat.

"Much as I think you need the rest, there is something I thought we ought to discuss before I go," she says softly, offering him an apologetic smile - as a doctor, having him use his voice more than necessary goes against her own advice. "Darkeye is... quite angry with you," she remarks. "He said he was taken for a fool. That doesn't sound like you at all, so I wondered what happened...?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He’s half tempted to just dump the powder into a new fresh glass of water and down it just to get it over with, before Isla continues on the mentioning of Darkeye. It stops him from doing anything but letting his fingers twitch where they rest on the table, eyes drifting from Isla to the ceiling with a deep rattling sigh against his ribs. “I figured as much. I sent him a letter asking to help retrieve a relic from Stormbreak.” He pauses, shrugging a shoulder before his gaze returns to his advisor.

Ronin got hit and he wanted to help them or plead with them to get the relic, or help them until the end where we could talk about it or something but I got hit with one onslaught of starbolts from Remi and it did all this.” He knows from prior experience that talking gets nowhere. He also knows if they had tried to do the get close to help route that Darkeye would likely be dead.

So he grabs the bottle of whiskey instead and takes a burning sip down his slightly numbed throat. “I was keeping him safe, even if he thinks I lied to him.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Isla listens and nods as Sunjata explains, furrowing her brow and drumming her fingers along the top of the table. And as he continues she nearly reaches out to grab the whiskey from him, but for no other reason than to snatch a drink of it herself. Of course, it wouldn't do anything, but it might make them feel better. "I believe you," she says softly instead, "and I understand. As a dragon I suppose you couldn't do anything to communicate with him anyway."

Curling a lock of hair through her finger, she softly shakes her head. "I'm sorry things happened the way they did. I just... I suppose at this point we've got to get used to the idea that, pretty soon, we'll be..." Isla mimics an explosion with her hands. "At least most people will be safe in your haven."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
No, I couldn‘t.”  He rumbles with a bit of annoyance flickering in his face, heaving a quiet sigh. But his attention flickers back to Isla as she begins to speak, fingers twitching for the water again and he decides to delve into it, using more of his magic in filling up the glass, adding more of the soothing additives she’d added, but nothing of the sleeping medicine just yet.

He hums a soft sound under his breath and rolls a shoulder, leaning forward and braces his forearms on the table. “It doesn’t phase me much these days. I’m a lot of people’s enemy at this point. But I did complete the haven and I intend on turning it in to Frey in the next couple of days. And after that?” He clicks his tongue and leans back, hands gesturing out in front of him in an equivalent of who knows.