Plot Advancing PQ {SE} the cold is getting old
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

This has been a long time coming and Maeve knows they have to move quickly at this point. Not unless they want to deal with the Deepfrost goddess during Deepfrost. Something tells Maeve that will go rather poorly. No, if they were going to do this it needed to be now during Longheat. She sent word to Ronin and Melita, telling them to meet her outside of Rae's Fingers so they might head in together and find this shrine that's supposedly tucked inside.

With her bow strapped to her back and her whip at her side, the Nightshade squints towards the tides, noting how far out they are and doing some quick math in her head. "We'll want to move pretty quickly to beat the tides. Would hate to get stuck in there." She says as the other two approach.
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the dark star

"As if I would ever allow the Queen of Torchline to get herself stuck in Rae's Fingers," Ronin says with a bright grin as he approaches the entrance of the sneaky tunnels. Dressed for Longheat even though they're going to destroy an Eirachi shrine, Ronin figures that things will certainly begin heating up if all goes well.

Swooping in to give Maeve a quick hug and pressing a kiss to her cheek, Ronin draws back and stretches his arms above his head, pleased for once to be able to do something in service to another region, instead of putting out fires in his own. "Ready when you are," he tells Maeve.
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
Melita strolled in, armed and garbed with her residual fleet of weaponry and penchant for violence. Considering the latest string of ridiculous, vehement antics, destroying a shrine seemed ripe for the course, blending in seamlessly with all the other distinctly hazardous events.

But this wasn’t a giant landshark or a stone giant, so perhaps she could rest easy, presuming her uncle and some other religious faction wouldn’t just randomly show up. She gave a hearty wave to both Maeve and Ronin, repressing the urge to ask the Huntsman what happened to Sunjata after. Maybe it was better she didn’t know.

Instead, her Cheshire grin unfurled, nodding towards her fierce brethren. “Let’s go!”
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

She lights up at the sight of Ronin, giggling as he swoops down on her and gathers her into his arms, pressing a kiss to her cheek in greeting. Her own arms looping around his neck in a quick hug before they part once more, "I can always count on you." She replies easily, shooting him a wink just as Melita appears and it's with her arrival that their party is now complete. Maeve turns towards the entrance of the tunnels, nose wrinkling in slight distaste, "Alright, let's do this. I've been told that it's in the back." Information that Jack had been willing to share when he'd attempted to help Flora take care of it.

Maeve starts towards the entrance, picking her way inside and glancing back at Ronin with a grin, eyes sparking mischievously, "Hey Ronin, why don't you think about one of your many picnics with your husband and give us some light, hm?" The Queen teases before she looks forward, scanning the walls for the markings that Jack left on the walls in regards of where they were meant to go to find this shrine exactly.
Summertime sadness
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

Grinning back at Melita (and mussing her already wild locks for good measure), Ronin dutifully follows Maeve into the tunnels. "We don't call them picnics any more," he informs her with a sly smirk, though he does, of course, think of his husband, and soon enough the Fingers are illuminated with gentle starlight. "How's that for you? If it's too bright, that's too bad," he teases.

The back soon leads them to a veritable wall of ice, Ronin tilting his head and glancing back to his two companions. He isn't to know that Jack is the one to put this here, of course. "Guess we should just blast through it, huh?" He smiles, and a starbolt shoots off to do just that. "Good thing we've all got something fiery up our sleeves, right?
i'll get over it
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
Melita was accustomed to the myriad paths of the caves, skipping along as if she were frolicking through a meadow or a stream, rather than towards more destruction. A hum hastened under her breath, even as Ronin messed with her hair, content on the upcoming demolition – eyes seeking out the foretold pedestal as the light pierced through.

There was no need of her weaponry when the Huntsman could easily blast through the wall of ice, but she snagged at her bow and quiver anyway. Might as well have been prepared. “What did you need to do the last time you destroyed a shrine?” The Honeybee’s presumptions lingered, that Ronin had been there, and that it had been mostly of violence, power, might, and brawn – which usually worked within Caido.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The correction causes her brow to arch as she shoots a look back towards him over her shoulder, curiosity sparking in her jade gaze, "Pray tell, what do you call them now? Play dates?" The Nightshade teases with a smirk, pressing deeper into the tunnels yet, following along behind Melita who seemed to know them like the back of her hand. Which the Queen was more than grateful for given the fact that she rarely ventured into the caves herself. "You're never too bright for me, Ronin." She sing songs back, coming to a halt in front of the wall of ice, standing a little ways back so Ronin can release his first starbolt towards the target.

It impacts, reverberating through the tunnels and causing her ears to ring and the Nightshade is quick to follow with shooting stars of her own from her newly acquired bow, "You're not the only one with star power now." The Nightshade sticks her tongue out at him playfully, bumping his shoulder and likely barely moving him an inch as the icy wall begins to give way to the shrine behind it.
Summertime sadness
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

"Hmm...? Oh, I'm not sure," he says to Melita with a small smile, "this will be my first time. Don't judge me for it, okay?" Grinning, he watches as the ice begins to slide away, revealing the shrine behind it. "We call them secret missions now," he informs Maeve regarding his picnics with Remi, winking and (she's correct) barely moving an inch as she bumps his shoulder.

"Well, with you, me and Melita, we should have plenty to take care of this thing, right?" he says, stepping forward once her shooting stars have faded to pull down the rest of the ice with his hands, making an opening to duck through. "Do you want me to start?" With brute force, naturally.
i'll get over it
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Surprised to hear Ronin hadn’t ever been on a shrine destruction quest, her mouth rounded into a little o. “First time for all of us!” And she gave a Cheshire grin – readying her weapons without another word, considering multitudes of ice, and snagging at a fiery spark to her quiver, notching it without another thought.

But given how none of them had been venturing towards demolition of altars, her head tilted. Would it be just brute force and strength to carry them through? To knock it all apart? The Honeybee half-expected a puzzle or riddle to solve at the end. But with a shrug of her shoulders, she drew the strand on her bow, just as ready and eager. “Go for it!” echoed along the vast chambers, with all the enthusiasm of a child at a carnival.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

They make it behind the icy wall without issue and Maeve motions for Ronin to step forward, knowing the Huntsman was the strongest of the three of them when it came to firepower. "Give it your best shot." She said, drawing out of range of potential blowback from his attack, unsure of what might be coming for them after this first string of attacks. Maeve draws her own arrow, notching it into her bow and releasing it with a flourish, "You're up, Melita."

The Nightshade calls over her shoulder to the Honeybee, dancing out of the way so she can take a shot without being impeded by her presence.

Maeve uses this!

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Starlight Bow | All arrows fired from this bow will transform into shooting stars. If used by anyone other than Maeve, the bow will shoot regular arrows.
Summertime sadness
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

Ronin can't help but laugh at that - no matter the dire situation they found themselves in, he can always count on Melita to make it seem... well. Easy. "My best shot?" he echoes to Maeve, raising his eyebrows before turning back to the shrine and rubbing his hands together. "Well, alright..."

Waiting for his two companions to stand back, because he has no idea what's about to happen, Ronin inhales deeply and lets it out again. And in the darkness three points of starlight appear around him, all directed at the Eirachi's shrine. At this range he doesn't really think he needs to aim, but he does so anyway, before unleashing them all together.

Ronin uses this!

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post). Range: 60ft
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
i'll get over it
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Like with most things, this would probably come back to bite her in the ass, but she didn’t much care. Content with the thought of shooting something simply for the sake of violence (and hopefully so that Torchline could return to normal), she tucked herself out of Ronin’s range. “Nice,” she commented, by way of Cheshire grin and probably some inherent penchant for destruction.

Then, when she figured that was complete, the youth set into her own scruples. Adjusting her stance, taking a breath, and then permitting the fiery strands of her arrow to sear and scorch through the air, intending to land and segment straight into the shrine.

--

Melita shoots at the shrine with her bow/fire arrows.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring, adorned with vinelike patterns and tiny, fanged charms. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Luckily for the trio it's still LongHeat and what powers reside in this place are at their weakest; snow begins to fall from the ceiling as ice races outwards to coat the surface around the shrine. What follows is a lot of starlight and fire, which according to our pokedex just happens to be quite detrimental to this icy marker of fealty.

A whipcrack of ice flails wildly from the shrine, striking Ronin across the thigh as yes more and more snow begins to fall from the ceiling of the cavern.

Ronin HP: 641/741
Melita HP: 405/405
Maeve HP: 324/324

Shrine: 355/600
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The temperature drops considerably and the Nightshade can't fight back the shiver that runs through her body, goosebumps prickling across her skin as snow begins to fall from the ceiling and ice spreads beneath their feet. "Oh good... She's awake. Was worried this might be too easy." With a huff of icy breath, the queen draws back her bow string once more, lighting her bangle up with barely a thought before she releases another flurry of stars towards the shrine.

Allowing Ronin to play tank, the Nightshade ensures she's as far back as she can manage from any of the attacks the shrine might throw. Not that she was confident it would do her much good. Still, a girl can dream.

Maeve shoots and uses her bangle for a little oomph just in case!

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Starlight Bangle | When worn, gives the user +2 to a dexterity roll during a PQ+/KQ. One post cool-down.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Starlight Bow | All arrows fired from this bow will transform into shooting stars. If used by anyone other than Maeve, the bow will shoot regular arrows.
Summertime sadness