Plot Advancing PQ {SE} the cold is getting old
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
RONIN
the dark star

The whipcrack of ice across his thigh ought to have been expected, and yet here Ronin is, mad about it anyway. Wincing and pressing a hand against the wound to check how deep it is, he eventually surmises that it will have to wait, and turns his attention back to the task at hand. "I imagine this is easy compared to if we tried it in Deepfrost," he mutters. "We can keep going."

Even as he speaks, three more starbolts pierce the glow around them, Ronin aiming them directly at the heart of the shrine as if he might shatter it entirely. "You owe me a drink after this, Maeve. I'm not sure Remi will be happy about the new scars."
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
Melita had never seen a shrine become somewhat corporeal and sentient; but then again, she hadn’t gone around shooting, destroying, or assaulting them before (I know, we’re all shocked). As the temperature dipped once more she shuddered involuntarily, before narrowing her gaze, pinpointing them into irritated slits. Eyes flickered briefly to the sudden ice flailing about, and then grimacing when it landed and struck Ronin. “You okay?” Which, of course he was, but still…ouch.

Taking the opportunity, the youth snagged at another arrow in her fire quiver, placing it along the strand, taking aim, and letting fly – hoping to aid in the process of obliteration (one of her favorite things).

--

Melita shoots at the shrine again with her bow/fire arrows.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring, adorned with vinelike patterns and tiny, fanged charms. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Arrows and star bolts fly, carving large cracks into the shrine from within which another whipcrack of ice emerges. For the second time, it snaps towards Ronin, this time streaking across one of his biceps.

This portion of the Fingers begins to groan, the sound low and ominous, like a glacial lake that is slowly shifting hundreds of feet down. The walls begin to tremble as bits of rock fall from the ceiling. The ground shakes as the sudden blizzard of snow thickens.

Ronin HP: 541/741
Melita HP: 405/405
Maeve HP: 324/324

Shrine: 108.5/600
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve winces as another attack is leveled towards Ronin, this time catching him across the bicep as the Fingers groan and shake around them, rocks falling into the snow from above. "I think I'm going to owe you a drink and Remi an apology." She huffs, brows drawing together as she sidesteps a bit of the falling debris, knocking another arrow onto her string. Drawing back her arm, Maeve takes aim at the shrine once more, releasing the arrow in a flash. It transforms as soon as it leaves her fingers, shifting into a shooting star that streaks trough the air, heading straight for the shrine.

"We're going to have to run as soon as this thing is destroyed." This whole section of the Fingers was likely to collapse if they kept it up. They just needed it to hold a little longer.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Starlight Bow | All arrows fired from this bow will transform into shooting stars. If used by anyone other than Maeve, the bow will shoot regular arrows.
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

Baring his teeth in a snarl, Ronin is getting real tired of this shrine real quick. Crimson feathers pepper down his neck and across his shoulders to ward off the gathering blizzard, transforming his clothing into sleek black leather that only really serves to press uncomfortably against the deep lacerations across his thigh and arm.

"I'll remember that," he grumbles to Maeve. "And I agree. As soon as this thing falls, we're out of here." So saying, he spares the pomp and launches three more starbolts at the ailing structure, hoping that this will be the end of it.

Ronin uses more starbolts!

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post). Range: 60ft
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
i'll get over it
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
Melita grimaced as Ronin was struck again – a wrinkle to her nose following the notions. Though he hadn’t said as much, there was no way it wasn’t painful, and she swallowed down the bite to her notions. But with the crumbling factions, there were other things to attend to, and she clenched her jaw over everything else. “Right,” agreement flickering – to run and rampage and flee as soon as the shrine met its end.

How had it rooted itself so deeply into the heart of this world anyway?

With that thought, the Honeybee followed suit after her comrades, notching another fiery arrow, and letting it fly after starbolts and whips.

--

Melita shoots again at the shrine using her bow/fire arrow.

Type: Light | Style: Offensive | Level: Upgraded
Bowstring Bracelet | At first this bracelet appears only as a length of intricately braided bowstring, adorned with vinelike patterns and tiny, fanged charms. But with an arrow in hand, upon miming the action of knocking and drawing it, the user will feel a bow beneath their fingers, as if it was there all along.

Type: Dark | Style: Offensive | Level: Basic
Fire/Lightning/Ice Quiver | A magical quiver with two compartments. In one, it turns any arrow placed within into a flaming projectile when shot. In the other, the arrow becomes imbued with electricity. (Made by Remi)

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
These latest efforts by the trio is all that's needed to decimate the shrine, though it doesn't plan to die a quiet and unremarkable death. Instead, a freezing cold light bursts from within the heart of the shrine as it finally cracks apart, blasting all those present with an icy wind that will send their blood running towards their core as frostbite begins to set in.

Overhead the ceiling of the cave buckles as large chunks of stone begin to fall and bury the remnants of the shrine; they'll bury Melita, Maeve, and Ronin too, if they don't make a quick getaway.

Ronin HP: 441/741
Melita HP: 305/405
Maeve HP: 224/324

Shrine: 0/600
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Their frustrations with the shrine seem to do the trick and all of their attacks land true. Maeve should have known it wouldn’t be that easy. Ice sinks into her blood and freezes the air in her lungs as the cavern above them begins to buckle. Drawing in a breath she glances to Ronin and Melita, ”We need to go before this whole place comes down.” Barely pausing for a response, the Queen sprints towards the way they came in, following the same path all while dodging the falling debris from above.

She spares a glance behind her, making sure that Ronin and Melita are moving too before turning her attention forward once more, keeping her eyes on the path ahead of her as to not get turned around.

Maeve runs back the way they came while avoiding the debris from above.
Summertime sadness
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Their frustrations with the shrine seem to do the trick and all of their attacks land true. Maeve should have known it wouldn’t be that easy. Ice sinks into her blood and freezes the air in her lungs as the cavern above them begins to buckle. Drawing in a breath as she attempts to shake the cold from her limbs, the Queen turns to the others, ”We need to go before this whole place comes down on top of us.” Only waiting a moment to ensure that they were moving, Maeve turns back the way they came, sprinting down the narrow corridor all while attempting to dodge the debris falling from above.

The Nightshade glances behind her to ensure the others are following before her attention returns to the path, knowing that getting lost now would spell out death for them all.

Maeve attempts to gtfo.
Summertime sadness
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

Inhaling sharply as the cold strikes at his very core, Ronin is already trying to turn away from the shrine when the cavern begins to buckle inwards. "Go," he calls out, hissing a curse at a chunk of stone that strikes a glancing blow along his shoulder. "I'll be right behind you all - I can move the rock if I need to!"

Because whilst he has no doubt as to how strong the ladies with him are, they aren't quite holding up a cave strong. He doesn't know if he is either, to be frank, and hopefully he won't have to find out today. Urging Melita to go with Maeve, Ronin will pick up at the rear to ensure they all get out of this alive.
i'll get over it
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
The shocking wave of cold entering her body, her soul, caused a round of involuntary shudders, a shock of tears behind her eyes. She couldn’t do much but gasp loudly and wince, shivering as she tucked all of her weapons away, pace urgent at the insistence of her fellows shrine destroyers. A hearty fuck you, it seemed, a lingering strike against those daring and impudent enough to break apart something sacred (to someone else). Debris rained down, and she could barely manage to lift her arms to cover her head, long limbs streaking and unwinding and striving to get out, less one last strike blast and bury them under rock and tunnels.

--

Melita runs and attempts to leave!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Ronin's intention was clear and while the Nightshade was prone to argue, especially when the life of a certain demigod's husband was on the line, she knew better than to do so. Maeve sprints, ducking and squeezing through the tight shafts of the Finger's, following the same path out that they took in and not daring to look back until she saw the light at the end of the tunnel, checking to ensure that both Ronin and Melita were right behind her. Relieved to see that they were, the Queen barrels out of the opening like a bat out of hell, stumbling as the ground changes beneath her to loose sand.

Barely managing to catch herself, she braces her hands against her knees, panting as she squints in the sunlight and gives her heart a moment to slow. "So about that drink.." She huffs, offering them both a slightly strained smile before she straightens, the severity of what they just narrowly escaped settling over the trio, adrenaline slowly leaving her veins.
Summertime sadness
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

It's a thoroughly battered, bruised and freezing cold Huntsman who corrals Maeve and Melita from the depths of Rae's Fingers, and while his ears are still ringing from the roar of collapsing stone behind them, the sun already feels a little warmer, and the whisper of the ocean against the sand is a soothing contrast.

"I'll take a double," he says, his voice a touch hoarse as he rolls his shoulder and straightens up, flashing a smile towards the two women. "I can't stick around for too long, though - I've got a long flight home. Hopefully it'll warm me up, too."
i'll get over it
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
They ran and ran and ran and Melita could hear the stone behind them, fumbling, bumbling, crashing, and still she wouldn’t accept some defeat. The light shining through the tunnel was enough to keep her going, to instill that perseverance and edge to her teeth, even if the ice coating her skin burned - because alive was better than dead.

She huffed and puffed and panted as soon as they found the opening, holding onto a slab of unmoving rock. “Maybe after healing,” because drinks weren’t going to alleviate that semblance of pain, already considering the fountain near the court. And then she’d take whatever she could get. “Good work team,” she muttered, as they meandered away from the destruction, permitting Torchline to become herself again.

{FIN}