Personal Quest Basics of Life

Age: 27 | Height: 4'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: GlassPuzzle Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Whereas everyone wanted to explore the starting point, Mimora did not. She didn't need a roof over her head like the others, and so she didn't feel the need to hang out with them. However, even she couldn't live without food and water, and she already had the munchies, so she turned and headed off towards the greenery, the place that was most promising when it came to those.

"I am off to find food and water if anyone wants to follow or whatever." She said as she left.

Time to find food and water! Cause those are important, right? No point to shelter without being able to sustain yourself as you sit there. So it's time to hunt!

I am gonna have 4 spots open, cause I doubt Mimora is going to share, and you're all going to want as much as you can.

Spots:
1. Vervain
2. Remi
3. Kalt
4. (OPEN)
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Hunting? That was something Vervain could get behind. In this new and absurd world she found herself in, something familiar to latch onto was necessary to keep her sanity. So with her bow on her back and her unruly, dark curls pulled up into a high tail, she followed after the tiny woman with the intention of finding food and water for their group of survivors.

And out of nowhere, the desolate landscape positively bloomed. Vai inhaled sharply as they found themselves suddenly within the Glade, the sound of water babbling nearby and the scent of sweet grass suffusing the air.

"This looks promising," she murmured to Mimora. "Where there's water there will be vegetation, and animals are likely to gather."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
remi

Always eager to contribute, and knowing more than a few things about distinguishing safe and edible plants, the alchemist that was, was more than happy to follow the petite red head. As Vai moved in the same direction, a smile bloomed on Remi's face as he happily fell into step beside her.

"Just like old times." He chuckled, nudging his shoulder lovingly against hers as his smile turned into a wry grin. This was obviously anything like old times, but what did that matter? Though there were a few he was still on the search for–Ianto and Martha in particular–most of his 'people' had arrived more or less safely just as he had.

This world might have been new and full of dangerous, but at least they were together.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

He had handed his daughter off to one of the other Northaveners who came through to the mysterious world. The last thing Kalt wanted was to put her in danger, but he wasn't exactly in control of whatever it was that brought them to this hellscape. While most of the people started trying to get their bearings and figure out shelter, Kalt decided to venture off with Vervain, Remi, and Mimora into the greenery. He was at home in the forests, understanding flora and fauna more than most would expect from him. Then again, he was a hunter in Northaven.

Kalt approached the huntress - Ashe's mother - and Remi with what appeared to be a genuine smile. "Hi," he said casually. "My name's Kalt." They probably wouldn't know him. He was active in the blueblood circles in Northaven under an alias, so it actually felt oddly relaxing to use his real name for once. "You guys not good for standing around with the others?" He asked, cracking a smirk.

While he spoke, his eyes shone with excitement. This was the first thing that made him feel truly alive since Northwind, and he was savoring the feeling, unsure when he would experience it again. Kalt observed everything: each deviation of the path, dip in the dirt, snapped branch. He was a tracker, a hunter... an assassin. Chaos was his element.

kalt
give into the night.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

The trees rustle ominously in the background.

There is movement, but nothing can be seen which has apparently caused it. Sounds almost too faint to hear...and yet they are just audible.Just.

It's probably nothing.

Age: 27 | Height: 4'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Change author:
Mimora continued forward, ignoring all the flirting people following her. Cause ew, gross.

She walked on, keeping an ear out for the sound of water. She couldn't feel its presence like she had all her life, and that freaked her out. Other things felt different too, but she couldn't put a finger on it. She didn't like it and wanted to sit in the water for comfort. So that was her first goal.

She thought she heard something, and looked around to see if she could see. But alas, there was nothing. So she shrugged and continued on her way, hoping to find water.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

Vai brightened considerably at the sight of Remi , and her arm moved around him briefly as he nudged her so she could hold him close a moment. Flirting? Hardly - the alchemist was like a son to her. "Not exactly what I'd have gone for, but hunting is hunting, no? How are you holding up?" She smiled and let him go, only to notice another person following after them. The huntress turned and offered a nod to the newcomer.

"Good to meet you, Kalt. Call me Vai - and I'm not one for standing around, no." She smirked, her electric eyes flashing towards the trees as they began to rustle. She frowned, exchanging a glance with Remi and Kalt. "Did you hear that?" Ominous it might be, but where there was movement there might be something to hunt. And if they could take it down, they might be able to feed people.

vervain
where the wild things are

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi

"At least we aren't out in the pouring rain." The alchemist chuckled, though his smile broke slightly at the memory. It felt like an age ago that he'd first met the huntress, but really it wasn't. Normally that would have made him smile–it was a sign of their strange bond that they'd fallen into easy patterns so quickly–but just now the distance only emphasized how far away from normal they found themselves. Shrugging gently, Remi's smile reappeared. "I am alright. I've yet to find a few of those I care about, but most have made it. I saw Ashe as well. That's a relief. And Devrum..?"

Glancing towards the older man who neared, the alchemist offered a boyish and sunny smile. "Pleased to meet you." Remi echoed with a nod. "Remi, and no, you won't find us standing. Though I do prefer to fly."

Looking around at the sound of something in the trees, Remi shrugged. "I'm sure there's just animal life about. It didn't sound too large to me, though we should likely take care."

Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

He offered both of them a smile and a short nod. More often than not, Kalt preferred to stay quiet, reserving his words for when they were useful. Now was not one of those times. While these three might have been out here to look for food and water, Silver Wing was watching, learning everything there was to learn in the short time away from the group.

Vervain introduced herself first, followed by Remi with a cheery smile. A master of disguising his true thoughts, Kalt offered the same back to him.

It was in unison that Vai's and Kalt's eyes snapped to the trees. She was a huntress, he an assassin; both highly instinctive careers, so he wasn't shocked that she reacted as he did. Remi seemed quick to dismiss it, and Mimora hardly seemed interested at all. "Don't count on anything," he said, brows furrowing. "We don't know what this place has to throw at us."

Kalt was now on high alert, eyes continuously scanning as he went over the weapons he currently had on his person.

kalt
give into the night.

Change author:

Of course Mimora was uninterested. And unless something popped out, she would remain uninterested. She continued to walk along when she spotted some mushrooms out of the corner of her eye. She walked straight over to them and crouched beside them.

"Anybody recognize these things at all?" she asked. She hadn't seen mushrooms before, so she was a bit fascinated by the little umbrella-shaped things. "And more importantly, are they edible?"

She turned to the group and looked all three in their eyes, hoping that at least somebody would be able to tell her.

mimora
the lily of the water

We found mushrooms! But... Are they safe to eat? The only way to tell is to take a bite. Anybody brave enough to try it?
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

"I'm sure they will turn up - it looks like most people from Northaven ended up here, as well as a few people not from there..." Vervain smiled reassuringly to Remi and reached out to give his shoulder a squeeze. "Ah, Devrum. Don't tell me you actually missed him in the crowd?" Her husband was not an easy man to miss by any meaning of the word. Vai grinned. "He's here. And as... Devrum as always." Much to her delight, of course.

Whether the sound was something or whether it was nothing, it looked as though the leader of this little expedition had found a much more interesting object. Vervain followed after Mimora and arched an eyebrow, crouching with her to gaze at the little umbrella shaped funghi. "They just seem like common mushrooms to me," she said. "They're perfectly edible, but I wouldn't recommend eating them raw."

vervain
where the wild things are

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

”I suppose I must have.” Remi said with a sheepish smile. He had been a bit distracted, after all. Thoughts of Loren and their momentary embrace had disoriented him no small amount. Then there was the problem of finding his people. Some of who still hadn’t turned up.

As the topic turned to mushrooms, Remi looked at the petite red-head sceptically for a moment before nodding in agreement with Vai. ”I don’t think I would eat them raw either. There are a number of tests I could run on them to determine if they have any ill-effects, but they certainly appear to be edible?” Kneeling down, the alchemist looked at one of the fungi close up. To his eyes it looked just like any other mushrooms they might find back in Northaven. Certainly there didn’t appear to be any cause for alarm.

Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Change author:

Kalt knew every kind of poison, every edible plant, and every natural and unnatural toxin known there was to know, but he didn't trust anything in a world like the one they found themselves in. This world wasn't like their old one, so he wasn't about to believe anything he had learned in Northwind or Northaven would carry through to here.

He kept his eyes scanning the area from where the sound had come. Paranoia had helped him survive this long, so it wasn't about to be something he just let go of, especially in a new world.

"I wouldn't eat anything raw until we know for sure," Kalt muttered. He stood fast, still, observant of their surroundings, almost as a guard would for those he was assigned, but he was there for himself most of all. He wanted to know what he had gotten himself and Theea into, and what better way than to jump in headfirst? He finally looked at the mushrooms, plucking one with a gloved hand and assessing it. Seemed pretty harmless, but they couldn't be too careful.

kalt
give into the night.

Change author:

The woman called it a mushroom. So it was recognizable, which was a good sign. They all seemed to suggest that eating them raw wasn't the best. Surely that wouldn't bother Mimora. She had eaten things raw quite often, despite being told it was a bad idea and she came out fine every time. See? She was standing here. Couldn't do that if she were dead.

The men seemed to be the most cautious about these so-called mushrooms. One wanted to do tests and the other was just all, "we should wait". Meh. Men.

She sat down and wove a makeshift bag out of grass so she would have something to put the mushrooms in. she gathered a handful, leaving some for the others if they chose to take them. As she went to place the last one into the bag, she stopped and stared at it for a moment before popping it into her mouth. After eating it, she sat there a moment before sticking her tongue out. "That tasted gross." she stated.

And then just like that, she got up and began continuing again, hoping next they would find meat. "Hurry up, or I will leave you all behind." she announced flatly.

mimora
the lily of the water

Mimora has eaten a mushroom! What will happen next I wonder? Only time and a roll of the dice will tell.

Dice Roll 1: 3/3
Dice Roll 2: 2/3
Dice Roll 3: 1/3
Dice Roll 4: 3/3