Training {SE} hop, skip, and a jump
for Hadama <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

One, two, three, shoot. One, two, three, shoot. One, two, three, shoot. Over and over and over again. The shooting stars streak over the water's surface, hitting a felled tree trunk across the way, causing a spray of starlight to flash each time they collide with the bark. Maeve flexes her fingers around the bow, feeling the weight of it in her hand, testing it out the string once more as she drew back another arrow. She watches in awe as it transforms before her eyes into a shooting star as soon as it leaves her hand, sailing through the chilly air and sparking against the trunk.

Dropping her arm, the Nightshade lets out a breath, brushing back her bangs from his eyes as she examines the tree from a distance with pursed lips.
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 9 - Strg: 34 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 40 - Luck: 36 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Sometimes one needed a little space before one could find clarity.

Although he hadn't wanted to travel far from his home under the circumstances, the mermanta had still needed a little distance from Torchline. A fresh perspective. Something new...

And yet, something familiar.

It truly was a small world that saw the merman swimming up one of the narrow streams, emerald eyes glowing with the beauty and riot of life that was the Oerwoud, and right into sight of a recognizably petite back and fall of dark hair.

He paused within the flow of water to watch the Queen shoot and the starlit flare of the arrows and only once she had paused to examine her score did he swim into view, tilting his head at her in bemused greeting.

"Maeve. Well shot. A gift from Safrin?" he asked, tilting his head at the bow in curiosity.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

One would think one would grow used to hearing voices suddenly even out in the Wilds, but Maeve still couldn't bring herself to accept that. She spins quickly, almost losing her footing on the slippery rock she's perched on, a hand to her chest as jade eyes widen in surprise. An easy smile finds her lips a moment later and she nods, "Dama, you scared me. Didn't your parents ever teach you about sneaking up on people?" She teases, narrowing her eyes at him playfully as she drops her hand from her chest and carefully regains her footing once more.

"Yes, it's new. I was just getting a feel for it." The Nightshade confirms, running her fingers over the wood of the bow in question lightly, admiring the craftsmanship before she turns her attention back to him. "What are you doing out here? Bit far from home, no?"
Summertime sadness
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Green eyes glinted with amusement though his expression remained solemn. He gave the Queen a slow nod in response to her teasing question, saying with all seriousness: "Yes. My father is a good teacher." Though it came easily to the quiet merman who, for all his size, glided smoothly through the water in his graceful manta form.

He swam close enough to see the bow more closely, admiring the curve and artistry of it before looking up to meet her eyes with that silent laughter that hid behind his stoic exterior. "Hmm. Only as far as the human Queen is," he pointed out, a rumble of amusement in his deep voice. "I came to think. But I could also use the chance to practice." A ball of water separated from the stream and rose to chest-height on Maeve, rotating slowly. "Safrin has offered to make my attacks with water more effective. After I bring her certain things." As was the tradition. "May we practice together?"

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Majestic creatures, water horses. Even in death, this Ceffyl Dwr remains beautiful, if not near transculent from its place washed up at the side of the water. Something has cut its throat from ear to ear, and its blood has all since drained away.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her laugh is a bright thing that rings out among the trees, scattering a cluster of tree flits that had nestled in the boughs of a few trees nearby, but it quickly dies as her eyes alight on something just past his shoulder. Dark brows knit together and she draws her bottom lip between her teeth as she picks her way across the rocks towards the slain water horse. "I- Yes.. We can practice together, but Dama, have you been noticing anything strange?" She asks, motioning to the water horse as if to suggest that's what she means by strange.

The Nightshade examines the cut, noting that there isn't any other mark on the creature, "This definitely wasn't an attack by another animal."
Summertime sadness
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
The stillness of the dead creature and the lack of blood in the water had made it easy to miss at first, but when Maeve point it out the merman followed her gesture and the relaxed cast of his features hardened once more into stone-like stoicness.

He swam slowly towards it, examining the death wound alongside the Queen and nodded slowly, releasing a long breath as he gathered his thoughts. "No. I have come across this before. Entire pods of encantado. And Flora reported a herd of rhampire." He drew a little ways back from the body, his tail slashing uneasily through the water as he considered his next words carefully.

"Safrin... said that once, her worshipers made sacrifices to her like this. Long ago. But with the War, perhaps the old cults are returning?" Devout of the Old gods they might be, but no one wanted a cultist for a neighbor. It wasn't that far of a jump from dolphins to people, if left unchecked.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Pursing her lips in quiet contemplation the Queen gently turned the head of the beast to the side, examining the cut more thoroughly. "With cuts along the throat or simply dead?" She asked quietly, a small crease between her brows as she turned her attention back to Dama.

"Noah wrote me and told me that he witnessed a group keeling over, too. I'm not sure what would be causing them to just fall over dead without any other interference, though. Not even the Blight worked that way." The Nightshade shook her head, standing once more and drawing back from the slain beast. "I don't think that cultists have the ability to manage that, do you?"

Not unless they were Abandoned with the same ability as Deimos and even then. It was a stretch that Maeve was unsure most were capable of. She didn't think that even Remi could manage it. Perhaps she should reach out to him. Maybe he would know something? "I'll talk to some people. There might be some with more information than myself." The Queen finally settled on, giving him a little nod as she shifted on her feet, leaping to a nearby rock. "You said you wanted to practice, right? What did you have in mind?"
Summertime sadness
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
"Drained of blood," he rumbled, then gave a slight shake of his head. "I do not know how. The marks on them were unfamiliar. It is not something the mer would do." Draining blood into the sea had little point and would only draw sharks, imperiling whoever did it. And so far all of the... sacrifices? had been air-breathing creatures. None of the deeper denizens of Torchline had been found in such a state.

He tilted his head at her silently as she doubted Safrin's musings on the topic. He had already passed along the Goddess's words and his own conjecture. "I do not know the limits of human magic," he admitted simply. With a nod towards her bow he added: "Or your magical items." A gentle reminder, perhaps, that there was more on heaven and Caido than they had yet experienced.

With a final look at the fallen water horse Hadama swam a little distance back into the water before raising two head-sized spheres of water and holding them floating in the air above his head. "Target practice. And precision work." With a gleam of humor in emerald eyes he held the first orb steady while the second began a slow, controlled flight towards Maeve. There was plenty of time for her prepare her weapon and dodge this time but the watery sphere picked up speed as it drew closer to her and its trajectory wasn't entirely straight.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She supposed it was possible for some to have the ability to perform such a thing, but truthfully Maeve couldn't think of a single person. He was right, though. There were things far beyond what she knew and the Nightshade shouldn't be surprised that this was happening at all.

Turning her attention back to Dama, the Queen smirked, watching the orbs rise before him before the first is sent her way. Drawing back her string, Maeve easily shot the first one, causing it to explode in a splash of water. There was another coming her way seconds later and this one met the same fate. A flash of starlight went streaking through the air and burst this orb of water too. Drops of icy liquid hit her skin and clothes, causing her to shiver, but the Nightshade doesn't flinch. "Is that the best you have?"
Summertime sadness
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
He hadn't expected the Queen to miss such easy targets, and was gratified when her arrows pierced the fluid spheres. Her challenge was met with a gleam of mischief in emerald eyes as the mermanta raised half a dozen orbs from the stream around him. These were half the size of the previous batch and they began to weave a slow, stately intertwining pattern above his head as he concentrated on keeping them all steady and separate. "It is not," he rumbled, amused. "Now that you are ready..."

The first ball of water came spinning through the air straight at Maeve's chest. Six seconds later, the second traced a swift spiral towards her head. Five seconds after that the third zig-zagged towards her left knee.

The other three spheres continued to spin around the mermanta's head, holding a defensive position.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She can't help the grin that spreads across her face, jade eyes sparking at the mischief in her partner's eyes and she adjusted her stance slightly, raising her bow once more as he ready his next attack. The Nightshade released a shooting star towards the first orb, easily striking it before it got close enough to even splatter her with droplets of water that resulted from the pop. The second target proved to be a bit trickier. She took a few quick steps back, jaw feathering as she released another star, barely managing to slice the side of the orb and cause it to burst too.

The Queen doesn't fumble with the third, easily hitting it through the center almost above Hadama's head, smirking as he's caught in the resulting shower from the orb bursting midair. "You almost got me with that second one."
Summertime sadness
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
The mermanta was not caught in the shower, as luck would have it. He instinctively reached out with his magic to arrest the water's fall as the orb broke apart, each drop held motionless and shining in the Longheat sunshine. For a moment he paused to consider what he had done, a hint of surprise in his eyes at the level of control he was able to exert. The droplets began to move, not down, but around, regathering themselves into four new orbs that were now only the size of large golf balls.

"Perhaps I will get lucky this time," he murmured, the ghost of a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. Then the smaller targets began their flights towards Maeve. The first curved to the right this time before speeding up and flying towards the Queen's shoulder. The second, a few seconds later, mirrored the path from the left. The third and fourth were spaced more closely together but came straight on: one aimed high and the other flying low, a little off to the side.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her brows raise as he gathered the water into smaller orbs, humming her satisfaction at his control, "Very nice." She commented, but she doesn't have much time to prepare as the golf ball sized orbs come sailing her way. The Nigthshade's eyes widen and she yelped, knowing there was no way she could get those that quickly and attempted instead to swipe at them with her bow, intending to use it as a melee weapon.

She doesn't hit more than one, getting pelted by the three others and she hissed out a breath as the cold water sunk into her clothes, causing her to shiver. "Damn. You got me." Maeve huffed, shaking her head as she straightened back up, drawing her string back and releasing a series of three shots towards him. The stars streaking through the air, none of them actually aimed at him should he not be able to stop them with his orbs.
Summertime sadness