Training {SE} hop, skip, and a jump
for Hadama <3
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
"Thank you," he rumbled back, pleased by her praise and proud of his control. It was improving with every exercise of it, it seemed, and he pushed himself a little further with the next challenge.

Too many, or perhaps too small. The water impacted the Nightshade harmlessly aside from the drenching. At least here in the Oerwoud Longheat still held its usual rule over the land, and the water was refreshing rather than frigid. "I will--" He had started to reassure Maeve, but she wasted no time time in returning the favor and it was the mermanta who had to think quickly and react. He had trained with Melita under similar circumstances, testing the ability of his watery orbs to deflect incoming arrows, and now put that training into practice once more.

He had held three orbs back for defense and he shifted them into motion now, each one spinning rapidly as they used momentum to nudge the projectiles off course. He was able to maneuver his spheres into the paths of the first and second stars, knocking them askew from their straight flights handily so that they splashed into the stream far to the sides of him. The third, however, was one threat too many for him to track. The third ball of water swooped by to the side of the star bolt harmlessly, missing it completely so that the weapon impacted where Maeve had aimed it; which thankfully wasn't directly at him.

"Impressive." His compliment was all the more sincere for the seriousness with which he gave it as he gathered his power for a final assault. "One last challenge, then." A single watery globe the size of a grape gleamed and spun in front of him before he sent it speeding as swiftly as his power could command it towards the dampened Queen.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The Nightshade knew that a shooting star from her bow would do more than just sting Hadama and given that this was simply practice, the Queen had no desire to actually maim him. He managed to knock two off course and the third went whizzing by his head, striking a tree behind him with a flash and causing a few birds to scatter from the nearby branches. Smiling brightly, she nodded her approval, pleased to watch his progress develop right before her eyes. "Perfect! Two out of three isn't bad at all." He would certainly get better as time went on too.

Squinting in the sun, Maeve almost couldn't make out the grape sized orb, but her reflexes are quick. In the span of a breath her arm drew back, string taut before it released, sending a shooting star towards the orb and splattering it midair, causing a fine mist of water to rain down into the river between them.
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
He nodded equably at her compliment. It would have been nice to hit all three, of course, but Maeve was right that two was no mean feat, given how fast the starbolts had been whizzing by. Perhaps as his strength and power increased he would be able to do more. His mother could change the temperature of water, a skill he would dearly like to learn...

But he had one final test for Maeve's aim, going for quality over quantity this time. Size and speed were no match for her reflexes, however, and the starbolt vaporized the small water pellet on impact. Dama nodded his head, pleased at their prowess. "Enough for one day," he rumbled decisively, feeling the faint burn of magic pushed hard and needing to recover. "How long will you stay here?" In this fascinating jungle that was so different from the ocean they lived in or near.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve slipped her bow over her head, letting the string lay across her chest as the final cloud of mist dissipated, satisfied with the progress they made. "You did well." The Queen commented of his magic, hopping across a few rocks until she got to one closer to him, lowering herself down into a comfortable crouch. "Perhaps a little longer. You're welcome to stay with me." Her smile is soft as she settled before the mermanta. The air was warm here and the Nightshade wasn't eager to return to the cold that continued to linger in Torchline. Though, that wouldn't remain for much longer. Not with their plan to destroy the shrine in place.

The two spend another hour or so simply enjoying the sun, basking in the dappled warmth that filtered down through the canopy above the river. Eventually joining each other in the journey back to Torchline.

~FIN <3~
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness