Training catch as catch can
For Jigano
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"No, they certainly aren't. More than anything they make my steps appear obnoxiously loud," Lucas admitted of the puddles, smirking down at the wet ground. As for the moon, Jigano could definitely say that again. The Ascended was still learning quite a bit about his new situation, but one thing he did know was that the sun would likely cause him to explode, as inelegant a term it might be. And he wasn't keen to explode, unless it was between the thighs of an attractive man or woman.

The fixing of the bard's appearance was not lost on Lucas, though he was the last person likely to comment on such a thing. Indeed, he was also persnickety about the way he looked, though that was just as much about vanity as it was about control. Hearing out Jigano's suggestions for the pebbles, he nodded his assent. "That sounds good," he said. "But please, don't aim for my face. That would be upsetting."

Stepping a few feet away until there was a reasonable distance between them, Lucas nodded to show he was ready. The bard had very good aim, he was about to learn, and dodging the pebbles was more than enough entertainment. However, the lesson did serve to teach him that as fast as he was, he was still a slave to endurance, and keeping up that speed for enough time was guaranteed to wear him down.

Finally falling to a halt as one of the pebbles bounced off the centre of his chest, he held up a hand to signal they ought to take a breather. "You win that round," he congratulated the other man.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
"Please, I would never be so gauche," he reassured the blond with a grin. "And I'd hate to upset you on such a lovely spring night!" There was still a chill in the air, the memory of snow that was only lately melted, but the clouds were thinning out to wisps above them and the stars were twinkling through with muted beauty once more. Another rain squall might not be far behind, but for the moment at least the weather seemed to be favoring them.

Flicking pebbles was a simple enough game, and one the bard was good at. His fingers were nimble and his aim was excellent as he peppered his shots towards the Ascended with a growing grin of appreciation as Lucas managed to dodge the majority of his ammunition. He chuckled at the graciously offered victory, closing his hand around the remainder of his 'weapons' as he relaxed as well. "Hardly 'winning' when all we're doing is research," he amended, though there was an appreciative twinkle in his eye. He didn't like to think that he was that competitive...

But maybe he was, a little bit.

"Do you think your strength is increased at night, as well as your speed?" Jigano asked curiously, looking around for someplace to sit down. The low wall from earlier proved to still be intact, in spite of the best efforts of Lucas' shins, and he settled himself down while waiting for the blond to catch his... well. Maybe not breath.
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lucas could only offer the bard a charming sort of smile at hearing that he wouldn't want to upset him, though he was in two minds as to whether the night was lovely. He wasn't much of a fan of the rain unless he was watching it from inside somewhere warm and dry, though right now it seemed that he was destined to walk the streets entirely in the dark. With that in mind, he would take what he could get. As Jigano settled on the wall and Lucas took a breather(?), he considered the other man's question.

"Strength? I couldn't say," he admitted, not really having noticed it on his outings. Then again, he walked and ran more than he lifted shit. Maybe he turned into some sort of hulking beast at night? It merited enough amusement to pique his interest. "Why, did you have anything in mind for me to try out? Don't say you'd like me to weightlift you, or something."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"I would hardly be a worthwhile challenge," the bard laughed, glancing down at his slender frame wryly. "Even soaking wet!" He wasn't delicate or frail by any means, but his muscles were nothing to write home about and he didn't carry much extra weight on his bones. And since he had lost his dreams the lack of restful sleep had burned away what little he'd had to start with. He was growing gaunt beneath his clothes, but since there was no one to see it, there was no one to realize what was happening, either. And he wasn't quite ready to answer questions about the 'whys' and 'wherefores' of it, so that suited him just fine.

"Hmm, I wonder..." he murmured, looking around as the moon came out from behind the thinning clouds to gleam silver light upon the streets once more. "Perhaps we could try to lift some of the rubble across the street there?" he suggested, although a little dubiously. "Without a scale it would just be an estimate of their weights, but it might be interesting to see just how much more you can lift than I can?"
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
"You say that, but for all you know I might have noodle arms," Lucas shot back, his tone good humoured and a smirk on his face. He found himself enjoying this more with company than when he had been testing himself alone; perhaps he was wandering too much by himself, if he was getting such amusement out of dodging pebbles. Green eyes following Jigano's gaze as the moonlight poured silver onto the wet ground, he too focused on the rubble.

Laughing, he nodded and started heading across the street to where the large chunks of debris sat in wait, begging to be lifted and possibly thrown. "Or how much more you can lift than I can," he said with a casual shrug, examining the bits of rubble and selecting one of considerable size that was probably far too heavy for him. "If I can lift this, you owe me a drink." He chuckled.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"If so then they're some of the fastest noodle arms on Caido," Jigano pointed out with a grin. Lucas had shown himself to be charming, witty, and, if not humble, then at least capable of a self-deprecating kind of humor that the bard could appreciate. If he hadn't had Remi's concerns over the mask-thief in the back of his mind he might have been inclined to trust the man more, but the warning had left him wary. Which did not, at least, interfere with enjoying Lucas's company or the pleasant direction the evening had taken.

"I believe I can claim the crown of king of the noodle arms," he laughed, joining the blond in heading for the chunks of fallen masonry. One silver brow arched at the chunk that Lucas selected, and he let out a low whistle. "If you can lift that over your head for a count of ten, I'll gladly mix you something from the Rathskeller's back room," he agreed, then tilted his head curiously. "Though... I thought Ascended couldn't taste anything. Can you still get drunk, at least?" It would be a shame if they couldn't, but their Lady seemed to have odd notions on what made people 'better.'
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
"Well, if I can't be the king of the noodle arms, I will settle, at least, on having them be some of the fastest on Caido." Lucas winked to the bard, standing over his chosen hunk of rubble with his hands on his hips; an exaggerated pose that many a weight-lifter would know. "Over my head, hm? Not enough just to lift it - you'd like me to risk concussion as well." He smirked, though he nodded obligingly.

"Very well. And we can't taste anything, or get drunk. But who said I was talking about alcohol?" With a fanged grin, he leant down, braced with his legs and hauled the chunk of rubble up and into the air. Make it over his head he did, hands pressed hard against it, but it would be up to Jigano and his count of ten to see if he succeeded.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"Only if you feel you're up to the risk," Jigano laughed, but the caution in his voice was genuine. He stood back to give Lucas room, but his smile took on a crooked twist at the answer he hadn't expected but probably should have, given who and what he was speaking with. "Ah, well, in that you'll have to be disappointe--" Before he could finish the Ascended had lifted his chosen hunk of stone and the bard bit back his curse to begin the count.

"1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9-" He was halfway through the syllable when the rock came crashing down and he danced nimbly back to avoid getting peppered with dust and stone slivers. He came close enough to eye it, then shook his head, finding a much smaller chunk of stone nearby that he lifted with a grunt of effort, face growing red as he held it up before letting it fall beside Lucas' challenge. The size and weight different between the two rocks was woefully large, and he sighed and shook his head in defeat, though a grin still tugged at his lips. "Well, you're certainly a strong one! I wonder how that strapping young lad Remi would do, in a contest against you?" he quipped lightly.
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas near enough snarled with the effort as he made it to the count of nine before having to let go of the rock, tossing it to the ground where it splintered and left him shaking out his hands. If he'd had breath, he'd be gasping for it, sure enough. "Ah, well," he muttered with a crooked smile. "Better luck next time I guess." A shame, really. He'd have been interested to get a taste of Jigano, and for more than just because of what he might gain out of it.

A musical laugh left his lips as he watched the bard try to compete, shaking his head and giving him a small bow of deference. "It seems you were correct, my liege," he murmured, before arching an eyebrow at the mention of Remi. He had met the alchemist (obviously) but he couldn't recall telling Jigano about it.

"Perhaps one day we'll have to test it out. For now, though, I feel I may owe you a drink. Shall we go to the Rathskeller?"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
And never mind that he hadn't agreed to bet his blood on the line? Especially when he'd been the one confident in Lucas' greater lifting abilities... but the Ascended was gracious - or perhaps wise - enough to drop it. "It's for the best," Jigano chuckled, though there was a sharp glint in his blue eyes. "I'm not really the sharing type anyways." And he made a mental note to be extra careful walking at night for awhile, in case the blond decided to try his luck regardless.

After his own exertions, he could only grin wryly and offer a show of flexing the slim arms hidden beneath his long sleeves, nodding acceptance of Lucas's 'fealty' to the King of the Noodle Arms. "You did your best," he pretended to commiserate, though the Ascended had truly impressed him with the display of raw power. It was a good thing Remi tended to be non-confrontational, as a fight between the two men would be no easy victory for either, the bard tentatively judged.

"I won't turn down the company or the terrible vodka," came the cheerful reply as he dusted his hands off and grinned to his companion. "By all means, lead the way!"

{Fin}