Training okay, but
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
this love's too good to last
Alright alright alright, the last training definitely counted and he got his ass kicked was a fluke. The desert was too deserty and they'd not long fought the stone giant thing and he was off his game, okay? And this will be different. (Will it, Ronin?)

"You first this time," Ronin invites, calling across the banks of the Stonesong to his husband, who he's rudely left on the other side. They're a suitable distance away from their houseboat not to accidentally cause tidal waves that might capsize it, but the Huntsman is still a little wary. Understandably so, he things.

It's dusk at this point, and the cooling air combined with the rushing water ought to make it much more bearable to train. Whether that will be good for him remains to be seen, of course, but belatedly he realises that if he's feeling more sprightly, then he's pretty sure Remi is too.

Oops.
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
kidnap me from my reality & crushed pieces of my soul
Ronin's ego was not so large that Remi was surprised that his husband wanted to train again, though it would be a lie to say Remi didn't think it would be so soon. And no, if you were wondering, the thought never crossed Remi's mind that he ought to go easy on his husband, for two reasons. The first, was that Ronin didn't need it, and the second was simply that outside of actual monsters, Ronin was the only one aside from someone like Deimos Remi could really test himself against.

"I was first last time." Remi points out with a roguish grin. Giving the Stonesong an appreciative glare, the alchemist Lucifers rolls his shoulders as large wings sprout from just behind his shoulder blades. Flying over the surface of the river such that his bare feet lightly brushed the frothy waves, it was Remi's intention to try and grab Ronin's shoulders and haul him into the water.

Perhaps he'd grown too predictable because the Huntsman was easily able to evade his outstretched hands.

Oops.
colour me outside the lines
until my shattered heart is whole
REMI
Table & Gif-sniping by SKY who deserves our love and affection for always.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"You...? Oh! So you were. Well, then. That is just testament to how hard you hit me last time, isn't it?" Ronin says with a grin and a charming little bow for his husband for good measure. No sooner has he straightened up when Remi is all gorgeous, pale wings bathed in the light of a red sunset, and the odds are good that the Lullaby only misses because Ronin is gawking and leaning back to get a better look.

"Hey, don't go," he says, flashing his teeth and turning to chase after the swooping demigod. Quite what he's planning to do is a mystery to both of them, so when Ronin suddenly jumps as if to hitch a ride on his husband's (winged) back, it's very much a surprise.

Even more of a surprise when he manages it, trying to wrestle Remi down into the water as well.
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Don't g-hey, HEY." Remi is absolutely strong enough to carry them both in flight, though with Ronin's bulk preventing his wings from being fully able to open and close, it's impossible for him to achieve the lift needed to, you know, not crash into the Stonesong.

'Is this what you teach your Dragoons?' He huffs, letting his skin fade mostly to slippery kraken-flash that Ronin might slip off into the water solo. This was the difficult thing about their sparring sessions though; neither of them would (well, probably they wouldn't) act like this in a real battle, so it was nearly impossible to judge what either of them would do when faced with the absurdity of say, an aggressive piggy-back-attack.
REMI
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"And what if it is?" Ronin wants to know, the words whispered wickedly into his husband's ear. Of course, at that moment suddenly it's just slippery cephalopod skin and with a yelp of disgust and surprise combined, Ronin goes splashing into the Stonesong. But you know, it's actually kind of nice after the heat of the afternoon.

And so, splashing about and looking mighty proud of himself, Ronin eventually surfaces and twists to try and yeet a starbolt in his husband's direction. It's only one, and it'll likely singe a few hairs without doing any major damage, but luckily for Remi, it goes well wide of his winged silhouette.

"Now that is no fair," he informs him, trying to shield his eyes. "You're blinding me with the sunset!"
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
How one man can look like a child and yet also like he's in the midst of some edgy water-based photoshoot Remi has absolutely no idea, but gods if Ronin doesn't pull it off. "Oh you noticed, did you? I have been meaning to tell you that I now have control over the sun. It is a neat trick no?"

With a snort of amusement, Remi tries to position himself so that when he sends a starbolt shooting in Ronin's direction it will look as though it's coming directly from the setting sun. His intent isn't to hit Ronin though, but merely to send a massive wall of water directly into his husband's face. You know, because he's taking this very seriously.

"You looked as though you could use a little cooling down." He murmurs, his apologetic tone distorted by the slant of his smile.
REMI
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"It sure is, but remind me to kick up a fuss about it. I'm pretty sure the sun counts as a star and you have no business having power over it," Ronin calls back up to his husband. He's opening his mouth to say something else too, but ends up drinking half the Stonesong instead. Spluttering and looking much less photo-ready, as the Huntsman hacks and gasps himself to the riverbank, he does at least yeet a couple more starbolts at Remi in revenge.

They do absolutely nothing given that he's blind and sort-of-drowning, but it's still the thought that counts. "If you kill me out here," he calls, "will you give me mouth-to-mouth to bring me back?" That might make it worth it, at least.
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"And yet." Remi splays his hands as if to suggest that the celestial nature of the sun was far beyond his control despite apparently having dominion over it.

As Ronin begins to fake-drown (wait, was it fake?) Remi frowns with concern even as starbolts go whizzing by his head. "Oh, give yourself more credit than that. I have seen you eat an entire luxere in one evening, a bit of water is not going to be what does you in."

Not wanting Ronin to be alone, the Lullaby folds his arms and legs in tight against his chest as his wings fold back into his body. It isn't quite the cannonball he had envisioned, so he's quick to make sure that the splash! is made all the more prominent by the flailing of several heavily-suckered limbs.
REMI
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Okay but the luxere was tastier than the Stoneso-- REMI." Ronin has enough time to complain about his husband's dropping like a rock into the water, and whilst he's already bracing himself for the splash of more water, what he doesn't expect is to be suckered insistently back towards the Lullaby. Twisting and utterly failing to dodge, Ronin of course is coiled and tentacled wherever Remi wants him to go.

His last attack, if it can even be called that, involves some frenzied splashing that will do absolutely nothing but perhaps irritate the Lullaby (if it even touches him), but even so, Ronin gives it his all. And it had started off so well, too. "I hope you've learned your lesson," he informs him, stretching out his arms to wind them around Remi once he's close enough, letting his head loll on his shoulder while he catches his breath.
and i'm too old to dream

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Given that he's won, Remi thinks it's entirely fair to coil his numerous limbs around his husband with absolutely not complaints from the Huntsman. You hear that Ronin? No complaints.

"I am not so sure that I have.." Remi murmurs wickedly as his tentacles coil around Ronin's lower back and thighs. "Could you perhaps remind me of the more nuiansced points?" It's a testament to their strength that they're able to stand in the middle of a massive river and keep themselves more or less in place, but gods it does make things exciting. With the heat of the day settling around their shoulders and the rush of the river to keep them cool, Remi tangles his fingers into his husband's hair, keen to be reminded of whatever tactical knowledge Ronin might have imparted while they'd been splashing about.

"Teach me all your tricks, oh mighty commander."

~FIN
REMI