there's no place like it
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

"Well, you are in very good company with all of us," Isla says, gesturing around the (okay, empty apart from Neron) VlamVloed. "Every Ascended is everyone's enemy these days, but we like you here, don't worry." She flashes him a wink, because bravado in the face of certain annihilation is better than stewing over it, right?

Settling a little in her seat, she tilts her head at the idea of what the Flood ought to do once his haven is turned in. "The Hollowed Grounds still needs you," she reminds him. "But I suppose if you want to have a crisis, I bet you could convince a bunch of horny people in Caido to make a sex cult with you. Isn't that your Frey's thing?"

Is Isla grinning to herself? Maybe a bit.
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
but am i too late? or hearts to your spades,
if i don't suit you? then what do you want from me?
If you didn’t I doubt you’d let me rule this place.” Sunjata huffs with a shrug, leaning back in an attempt to relax before he works his jaw, huffing a small laugh at the mention of a crisis. “We’ll see.” He isn’t counting on it, not when he and Nate are so close to the room as is. If there’s any steam that needs to be taken care of he’s positive the two of them can work it out.

After the war, though? Time would tell. For now, he empties his glass of water and dumps the powder sleep aid within it, adding some more water back in and picks up a spoon to stir it in. “I think a low profile right now is good enough for me.” He doesn’t need to be making any more waves, that is.
so we're not written in the stars,
but i'm okay with that. i'm okay with anything
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

"We didn't let you. We chose you," Isla corrects, her smile softening as she spots him adding the powder to his water. "Mm, we will," she agrees, reaching out to rest a hand over Sunjata's, giving it a gentle pat. "And hey - if... gods, it feels morbid to say it, but if I don't get out of this war, either because I'm killed or because we lose and the worst happens... I'm glad I could know you, Sunjata."

Is this how it's going to be from here? Saying their goodbyes, just in case?

"A low profile and a fucking vacation," she agrees wholeheartedly, shifting to make sure everything is put away in her medical bag. "Oh - I have that bow you leant to Darkeye, by the way. It's at the infirmary, if and when you want to come and pick it up. I wasn't keen to touch it given all the fire." Grinning, she rises to her feet. "I should leave you to get some sleep."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
but am i too late? or hearts to your spades,
if i don't suit you? then what do you want from me?
He doesn’t lift the glass just yet, not as Isla’s soft words soothe some sore wound within him, before tearing them open anew with the goodbyes that have his gaze shooting up toward her immediately. “I…” He shuts his jaw so tight, so quickly that it clacks with the motion. His gut churns and his gaze drops to the glass and he grinds his teeth a few seconds. “Can we not… Do the goodbyes thing.” He asks quietly, despite Isla already having done it. The words were heard, appreciated, accepted, even grateful for them, but it burns in all the places still scalded over from years before.

A vacation sounds nice.” He says hoarsely, throat tight before he nods about the bow, finally tearing his gaze away from the glass of water to see her rise. “Thank you Isla. For everything.” He says softly, offering her a small smile before he lifts the glass to his lips and downs the whole glass in the hopes that it knocks him out before he can think too much on the implications of her goodbye.
so we're not written in the stars,
but i'm okay with that. i'm okay with anything
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Flinching a little at the sound of his jaw clicking shut, Isla immediately feels guilty for bringing it up, swallowing past a lump in her throat and giving him a quick nod. "No, of course. I didn't mean... I... sorry, Sunjata." Leaning in suddenly (before he lifts the glass, luckily, so she doesn't spill it all over the both of them), Isla gives him a quick hug and a peck on the cheek, before straightening back up once more.

"Vacation planning, then. I'll expect to see you in the market shopping for swimming trunks," she informs him with a warmer smile, dredging up something carefree for him just in case this is the last time they really get a chance to talk. "And thank you, Sunjata. You're one of the good ones, don't forget that."

Giving a soft wave farewell, Isla collects up her bag and makes her way out of the VlamVloed, but she does glance back a couple of times before she goes. Just in case.

~FIN