[SE] Never Forgotten
For Tal!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah entered the shrine, eyes going to the bizarre globes of ice. He was sworn to the Old Gods but not one in particular. As such today he sought out to leave an offering for Eirachi. The Deepfrost deity's presence in Halo was one that he refused to let be forgotten. For undoubtedly her presence was partially responsible for the protective glaciers of ice. And for the blinding blizzards that occurred at times. The very forces of nature that protected Halo and made it what it was.

As such, the Abandoned neared the alter and placed down the skull of an ursur that he had found frozen to death in the tundra. After hearing about the stories about the very globes of ice around him, it seemed like a fitting offering.

"Eirachi, thank you. For the ice and snowstorms that protect Halo. I hope they, and you, will continue to make Halo the natural fortress that it is."
Sah
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"Didn't anyone ever tell you t'be careful what you wish for, Jester?" Tal shook his head as he walked from where his sled had been left a ways back so the dogs wouldn't disturb the peace of the shrine. His voice wasn't joking or even carrying an edge of their usual rough teasing for once; it had a serious note and a hint of grimness in spite of the nickname that softened it. He had brought an offering of his own to the first place he'd had his prayers answered, but what were the chances that he'd run into Sah while he was out there?

And praying to that goddess, no less.

Tal didn't even scowl for once, just looked tired as he pulled out his own offerings: a wooden bowl that he poured heavily spiced wine into - the liquid would freeze eventually, but the high alcohol content and spices would at least slow it down; a smooth black chunk of obsidian; an unlit candle roughly worked into the shape of a tree. Bowing his head, he prayed in silence to the other three seasonal deities for several long minutes.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah simply sighed at Tal's appearance and words. The look he gave the courier was equally serious. When the other an finished his prayer, he spoke, "I'm well aware of the dangers the ice and snow bring. And that if they were to worsen in intensity, things could potentially grow dire."

The Abandoned stood and eyed his ally with a raised brow, "But Halo is more than just vulnerable should our natural defenses vanish. Did you hear about the creature that was hiding beneath the Sea of Glass? How it was freed when the ice shattered? The monster that took multiple Demi-gods working together to kill?"

Sah gestured to their surroundings, "There are things at play, hidden beneath the earth and ice. If the wrong thing is awakened or freed due to Eirachi leaving or the climate changing, we might be in even graver danger than if the storms worsened."

The Deepforst Goddess was dangerous, yes. And if Halo's climate grew more severe, it would be horrific. But Sah firmly believed that there would be even greater danger if said ice and snow vanished. If there was one creature dormant in the ice, surely there were others. And with a war on thier hands, the last thing they needed was to be fighting on multiple fronts.
Sah
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Tal sat back on his heels, eyes narrowing at Sah's words. "Hate to break it to you, but they're already dire," he pointed out - quite reasonably, he thought to himself, considering what he'd grown up with. "For a whole season no one can leave the Citadel. Hail, most of my life we couldn't even leave our houses t'walk around Snowcloak in Deepfrost without losin' a finger or two." It was only recently - since the fall of the Barrier and the return of the Heralds - that some efforts towards mitigating the Eirachi's influence had finally gained traction.

"An' it's not like the mountains are gonna up an' melt. The Fangs are solid stone. So're the Climb an' the Draig." Three directions that were naturally guarded even without the glaciers at play. "An' that creature woulda made a pretty good guardian, if we coulda asked Frey t'tame it for us. Torchline's got monsters in its waters, too, an' they've learned to live with 'em." Krakens and ghost whales and tide jaguars, oh my.

Tal shook his head, jaw jutting out stubbornly. "Sides, that's a lot of 'ifs' an' wild outlander guesses. My family was here before the ice stopped meltin' in Longheat, Sah. Before the White Lady's glaciers reared up an' trapped that big beastie in the Sea. It wasn't always an inland sea, y'know. Thank the Lady for that, too." He scowled at the altar, thinking of the creature that should have been swimming free in the far northern seas and now lay dead at the bottom of the Sea of Glass.

"An' while you're at it, you can thank her for the cultists that pop up t'kill hunters an' tribesfolk an' miners. An' anyone else she tells 'em to. Like my dad, when she sent her minions t'slaughter everyone in the Citadel after Neron betrayed her." Before Sah's time, as were most of the Eirachi's predations, but not before Tal's.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah nodded, "What you describe from before does sound dire. But we can agree to disagree that our current circumstances fall under that category." Between the Citadel, Greenhouse, and growing power of its citizens, Halo was in a far more secure position not than it used to be. At least, as it was according to Tal's description.

Though the mention of taming the creature made Sah's brow furrow. "Not all beasts can or should be tamed." He certainly would have taken offense had anyone insinuated that he could be, back when he was still a magical beast. "But if the opportunity had arisen to make peace with it, you're right that they should of." The Abandoned had been at the Citadel helping Morgan bolster up their defenses while the Deim-gods battled. The choice of approach had been out of his hands.

He fell silent as Talyson spoke of the Goddess' actions against the people of Halo. Standing up, he put a hand on Tal's shoulder, meeting his eyes. "I wasn't aware of all of that. I'm sorry. And I appreciate you telling me." Sah was well aware that those were painful memories to stir. And it enraged him to hear that the Deepfrost deity had harmed his allies so.  

Sah's tone grew solemn as he then glanced at the shrine. "There are a lot of things about Caido and its Gods that I'm still learning." Even so, he did not fully regret his prayer. Acknowledging a God could postpone further violence by temporarily placating them.

The Outlander's tone grew serious, "But I do know this. It is always best to avoid angering or making an enemy of a god. Especially one that has been an enemy the past. But even more so, you should not bring up those past transgressions in front of a shrine where they may be listening." Lest they evoke the very same God's wraith once more.  With that said, he let go of Tal's shoulder and began to walk out of the shrine.

"Be careful Talyson. And thank you, again." With a lazy wave, Sah left to consider what his ally had shared with him.  

-{FIN}
Sah