To and Fro
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe

Phoebe had been thinking long and hard about Remi's suggestion. And the more she thought, the more she realized how desperate she was to get away from Torchline. Perhaps it was selfish, but being in the same house they had lived in, so close to where he now was with Maeve...it was too heart wrenching. And though she had told the Queen she would wait to hear it from his lips that he was choosing Maeve, her heart knew the answer.

But she couldn't just leave as she had places in the past. There was Jude to think about - and she knew Harper wouldn't let him go too far away. So she arrived at the shrine, prepared to ask Frey for something purely selfish, and the reality knawed at her core.

Phoebe set the peaches on the shrine, then clasped her hands together. "Frey, I hope you have some time to spare for me - I've something to ask of you.
don't distract her
she's evolving

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Though Torchline had grown cold due to the presence of a certain shrine hidden within Rae's Fingers, as the herald appeared the air seemed to grow heavy with moisture and heat. Reclining on one of the rocks with coral beneath their back to soften the edges, Frey stretched and rolled their naked shoulders before turning a lazy stare in Phoebe's direction. Waggling their eyebrows and flashing their demigod a warm and inviting smile, they reached for one of the peaches she'd brought and began to toss it between their hands.

"You know I always have time for you, poppet." They purr with an indulgent smile. "Now, what's on your pretty little mind, mm?"
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe

The warmth that spread across her skin and welled up in her core was a welcome respite from the chill in the air. Her eyes closed briefly to enjoy it, smiling with a happy sigh as she opened them again to behold her parents diety. The likeness of Harper still pulled at sore heartstrings, but for once she decided to focus on the tingly feelings emitted by Frey than their appearance. It was easier that way.

"But I never want to assume." she said with a smile. Frey always answered her call, perhaps because she was their demigod, perhaps because she never called just to chat and waste their time. And as such, she got down to business. "I was hoping you could give me a way to teleport myself and another from one place to another." she said plainly. "I can't stay in Torchline. It's too painful. And I've an open invitation to move to the Greatwood. But I need to be able to easily bring Jude back and forth." And the normal trek to and from would simply be too arduous to do regularly.
don't distract her
she's evolving

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Well, you know what they say about assuming..." Frey murmurs with a crooked smile. "..and I would happily be an ass with you." They add with a rich laugh.

Indeed, getting right down to it was something the deity appreciated infinitely about Phoebe, and so as his demigoddess turned her thoughts toward magic, so too did Frey. "Oh I see..." They murmur, nodding their head. "Do you want this to be an item? Or an innate ability?" Frey wonders, leaving the choice up to Phoebe. An item could be stolen of course, but it could also be lent to someone in a time of need. It would never be as strong as an innate ability though.
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe grinned, laughing along with Frey. "Then perhaps next time I shall, just for the fun of it." She didn't exactly know what all of that would entail, but she was feeling more relenting than usual. Whatever it was she was happy to assume it would be fun.

The Nightingale considered her options. An item or an ability...there were pros and cons to both. But her gut told her that an innate ability would be the best route for her to go...because her son might be the one stealing said item to go off on whatever adventures he felt like, and she didn't want to risk that. "An innate ability." she said with a sure nod.
don't distract her
she's evolving

Change author:
Rolling their shoulders, always one to cater to free will and the whims of their chosen, Frey nods. "An innate ability it shall be then." But of course it wouldn't come easily; the best things never did.

"Experience teleportation for yourself so you know what you're getting into...Bring me some dream cacti, though so be careful when harvesting it; a living blink hare (how you'll keep it from teleporting away is something you'll have to figure out), and a few feathers from a help." Making sure Phoebe understood what was needed of her, Frey nodded.

Phoebe has been given a quest! She must

1. Experience teleportion herself, either via an item or someone else's ability
2. Bring Frey a dream cactus
3. Bring Frey a living blink hare (they can teleport themselves, so you'll have to figure out how to keep them from disappearing!)
4. Feathers from a hel
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe smiled, glad that Frey seemed amenable to giving her an innate ability. It just seemed the better option to her.

As she listened to the list of things she would need to aqcuire, she decided that this was the most difficult task to date. Bring a live, teleporting animal to Frey? Though she supposed it was par for the course - what she was asking for was no small thing. It wasn't like everyone went around with the ability to teleport afterall. Remi was one of the few she knew of that could without an item.

"Thank you, Frey. I will return when I have everything you've asked for."

{FIN}
don't distract her
she's evolving