[se] endlessly outwards
open prayer SE!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
I am the wind that makes breathing hard
It never took the Honeybee long to intrepidly wander her way towards Ludo’s shrine. The anklet’s charms shown against the hues of her skin, even as the colder reaches of water caused a shiver from beneath her feet – the surface reminding her of the Eirachi shrine still not destroyed or vanquished.

Despite those semblances of cold and chill drawn through her form, she didn’t relent. Not much had ever stopped her, much less the imparted depths of some seasonal refrain. Nimbly, if not with steps much quicker and swifter, the youth crouched and kneeled before the pedestal – eyeing the wares with as much intrigue as everything else in her life. Toys were posed and fixed: some dolls with distorted joints, as if they’d already been played with, chess sets, modestly carved models of various animals. From her own bag, she produced a bag of dice, all brightly hued and wondrous, with different symbols instead of the usual numbering system. She figured the herald would enjoy the chaotic balance of it all. “There you are, Ludo,” she whispered, closing her eyes for a second, listening to the raptness of silence and the stretch of the waves around her.
I am the ocean and the battered shore
I will be the passion of thunder, a howl of fury
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Enzo
Frey’s beautiful balls, it’s cold.

Enzo despairs over the unfairness over it all - moving to Torchline only to lose an entire summer to chilly weather, the inability to dress immodestly to make old biddies clutch their throats, the general distasteful loom of war - as he meanders up the steps to the Port’s shrine.

As an Abandoned, he scarcely ever expects a response, but given his mother being welcomed into Frey’s Attuned graces and his fathers miraculous streak of not being smited by a host of heralds, family luck never seems out of reach when it comes to godly interactions.

Luck that seems to appear in mysterious ways, he finds, as a lovely wild-haired young woman seems intent on leaving offerings at the same time. Younger but no less impish for it, the Kaliesin grins and walks up to set down his own gift: a crude sculpture of a penis with rings to throw around it. Is it for Frey or Ludo? Who knows? She seems quite at peace, so he clears his throat softly. “Mind if I join you? I’m always happy to steal the company of a pretty girl, especially a fellow Ludo fan.” His own loyalties are fairly split given Ronin’s involvement had inevitably led to less Safrin-hating than his birth parents hold, but he’s an Old God follower through and through.
the colors in these veins don't glow like they used to
they won't do it for you, they won't do it for me
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
She could hear Fangorn and Sila’s growls and calls from shore; some warning pitches or hints of incoming strangers, but paid no mind to it. Not until another’s voice resounded near hers – her wild eyes flickering open quickly, rapidly, fingers itching towards a weapon out of natural, inherent reactions.

Only when she’d sidestepped, floating along the water despite its cold along the bottom of her feet, did she take in the other, and see, perhaps, there wasn’t a threat at all. Any compliments went in one ear and out the other (hardly noting them at all), though she tilted her head, furrowed her brow – realizing she didn’t know the younger man, but there was some air of familiarity about him. “Do I know you?”
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Enzo
Enzo’s eyes drop to the strangeness going on around her feet as she steps over the edge of the stone and doesn’t immediately flail into the water, dark blond brows riding with intrigue - and not a hint of regret for having startled her. “How did you do that?” Gesturing loosely to whatever it was that had just occurred, only to be met with a question aimed back at him in turn.

Aiming a simpering quirk of the lips her way, he pushes his hair back away from his eyes habitually. Or perhaps just to see her a little better. “Would you like to?” It’s a purr of sound, enticing, but mischief plays too brightly in his eyes for it to be taken as an overt flirtation. Chuckling, Enzo shakes his head and tilts his head at the stranger. “Pretty sure we haven’t met, but people seem to get deja vu whenever they meet me or my twin - we’re a lot like our parents. Ever met Remi or Hotaru?” He’s accustomed to playing this game, especially after both his parents had lived in Torchline and made names for themselves.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
It starts as one. Then another. And then another. And soon a whole herd, keeled over as if asleep, but of course you know that can't be the case. These ramphire do not move; their chests do not rise and fall, and all appear to have been killed recently, all at once. How? You don't know. But there's no blood. Not a single drop to be found.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
A snide little smile snuck its way along her lips at his inquiry – completely unrepentant in its Cheshire joviality. “Secret!” Then she bounded in a long stride across the water once more, stretching out from her curled position beside the shrine.

Which gave her ample space away from him, even as the rogue snort followed through on the mild flirtation. “Not sure yet,” came with a wrinkled nose, a vague tilt of her head as the puzzle of the familiarity came to its own end. “Many times. You must be Flora’s brother.” Twins – Remi, Ru, all clambering together easily enough for even the Honeybee to connect the dots. “What brings you out here?”

Hopefully not the dead ramphire nearby, known and seen along the shore.
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
Enzo
A playfully offended noise roils in his throat, and the young man jumps forward and into the water, fearless of the cold and intent on his pursuit. “Secrets, she says! Well, my fair friend, everyone knows secrets can be bartered and bought. The question is - what’s your price?” Mischief dances in his bright seaglass green eyes as the water crawls up his legs through his clothes.

Her playful handwave of his flirtations don’t daunt him, though it intrigues him all the more to find a potential match for his own outrageousness. Enzo feigns a fatal blow, hand to his heart, as she reveals familiarity with his sister. “Nay, let it not be so. Please tell me she hasn’t swayed you to her side? I can assure you - with absolutely zero proof - that I am the far better twin, and you’re better off befriending me. He wades stubbornly closer, and shrugs with a grin at her question. “Praying, just like you. I’m just a bit more stylish about it.” He winks cheekily, recalling how she’d been silent and still in prayer compared to his own whirlwind entrance.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
Her brow arched at his zealous approach. Thereafter, she was a darting little missile, playing about the waves in a swift, rapid motion, skimming along the surface, evading and avoiding with a delightful little hum beginning in the back of her throat. “Nah. I’ll keep this one,” to which she winked.

As for Flora, the youth’s smirk grew, far more Cheshire. “Her side? I don’t know. She was pretty impressive,” and she tapped on her chin, only pausing briefly, and certainly not with enough time for him to meander any closer. “She channeled a spirit to bombard someone with fish, so,” standards were high.

Her head tilted vaguely before dancing along a myriad of the current undulations again, eyes flickering briefly to her companions on the shore, and then back to Flora’s twin. “Sure,” came along a visceral snort.
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
Enzo
Zealous indeed, for while he is much slower wading in the water, Enzo doggedly hunts her through the water like the most one-sided challenge of tag that could possibly exist. It keeps her in reach for conversation at least, which is all he truly cares about; though he pouts at her insistence on keeping secrets, and uses his telekinesis to drag a starfish from his feet to throw at her playfully. "I'm at a disadvantage with interesting spirits, if that's not obvious, so what else can I sell you on? My winning personality?" His grin invites the teasing comment he's sure rests whip-sharp in her mouth, plainly and willingly putting his neck beneath the gallows for her continued amusement.

As he seeks out another piece of coral from the depths, this time to occupy his ever-restless hands as they play with the damp, dead thing, Enzo laughs gamely at the still-unnamed lass's sharpness. "If you won't tell me your secret, will you at least tell me your name?" Hopefully Flora had not already betrayed his own, or he'd be further on the back foot for bartering.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
Nymph and catlike, she stoked the surface of the water with little tension – skimming, ignoring the way the chill stuck to her skin, content with brief moments where there was a lull and the fire in her heart and mind could ensure everything else remained just the same. With some manner of impulsive notions though, she watched him snag at a starfish, brows furrowing slightly because she found its hues enticing, but permitting the poor thing to settle back below the surface thereafter, instead of snagging and grabbing.

And then the winning personality comment had her laughing. “And what would that be?” Charms only got people so far.

The Honeybee rolled her eyes dramatically at all the other insinuations, but permitted them to slide by as she kicked at the veneer of the current. Perhaps some would splash nearby his current stance. “I suppose. I’m Melita.” She tilted her head, a vague motion. “Which god did you pray to?”
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
Enzo
She is sharp and playfully cruel, and Enzo is enchanted by it, invigorated. His eyes never stray from her as she dances easily atop the water, uncertain what he sees in her. She is far too bright to charm and seduce, and he is not accustomed to that. A partner in mischief, perhaps a rival? A nestmate, a foundling? Something more? Whatever it is, it's murky, and Enzo has never been so excited by it.

"I'll tell you if you tell me your secret," he rebounds playfully, enshrouding in mystery his own response: a whole lot of nothing. Enzo has little to offer aside from his rapier wit and some low-level magic, but like a seed he is willing to be patient for his own growth.

Cringing away from the water that splashes up against him, and laughing despite the chill, Enzo shakes his curls free of clinging droplets and commits her name to memory. "Frey, this time. But I pray to all of them. Haven't met any of them of course," here he wiggles his fingers in some approximation meant to denote magic, and shrugs, "but my family is tied to all three, so I respect them all. You prayed to Ludo, right?" He'd heard it as he'd approached, her soft words. "I stay any longer and I'll go hypothermic, but maybe you can tell me about Ludo sometime?" The cheeky grin makes it clear that Enzo would happily stay in the frigid water to remain in her company, but he won't pretend he's the most important thing on her docket today, unexpected as their meeting had been.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
The arch of her brow indicated some manner of amusement, allowing for a brief laugh and a shake of her head, the wild locks bounding in cascades and ripples from the breath of the sea. “Nah. We can save it for another time.” Her eyes went towards the shoreline, watching her companions as they waited for her.

Incantations meant his own prayers might have gone unanswered, but she shrugged. “I’ve heard of some meeting those with magic anyway,” like Ru. “And maybe,” she snorted, ducking off the current entirely as she found another segmented pathway. “See you around!” came along a wave of her hand, and then she was a bristling ember on the wind again, snagging at gourd and dragon alike.

{FIN}